kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Both bugs happend when I played on Stratis.

Only mod active was the weapon resting mod, no AI mods.

I think the tower can't spawn, because there is no space. Everywhere buildings and a hillside, no flat, free space for that tower to be build. (zone radius ca. 250m)

could be but I thought when Kibot made that mission that he originally made it for Stratis since Altis didnt exist yet...hmmm.

Could you do me a favor and change the radius for the mission and see if that helps?...try changing it to 500 or more to test and lemme know if thats what it is and ill make the change on my part here. Ive just been so busy testing and rewriting for the new 1.7 update here with the new lose condition and all...if you have the time to test this issue that'd be awesome.

Edited by BigShot

This Mission is very nice but why you don't have a extra version for Dedicated server.

Can you make a version for Dedicated Servers a Config with coordinates to set the HQ and random enemy zones it will be nice :yay:

greetings

Because I am the only one willing to work on support for dedicated servers and that is the problem...I do not have enough time and patience to work on it myself since it will require ALOT of re-writing and careful testing of over 250+ scripts. A project of this size with a large mission will require YOU to help make it happen...you need at LEAST 2 coders with LOTS of spare time and 3-4 reliable testers, and a fully dedicated machine. Whenever I spend loads of time implementing a new feature that someone has asked for that same person suddenly disppears and gets VERY busy if I ask them to help test it in MP to make sure it works ok.

I asked for help for many months from both the community here and also on Steam, and the result?...nada...nothing. What have we learned (or what have I learned)?...the community is fantastic at asking, demanding and playing arma, but horrific at lending a hand in helping to get what they ask for. This is the sad reality and nothing I can do about it. I removed the support forum I created for it and stopped working on it months ago...you cant even get good testers to show up on time anymore without alot of work...crazy. So, learn to accept and be happy with what is given to you (unless you are seriously willing to go to work on it yourself).

Besides, at this point in the missions development it may be a tad fool-hearty to even bother with all the rewrites and time invloved before Bohemia finalizes the arma3 code...and judging from their track record and the way things are currently going that probably wont be until after arma4 releases. That is a HUGE thorn in the side of many 3rd party developers...the fact that we are always being forced to create things for what is virtually a never-ending alpha phase capable of changing/breaking with the next patch. It's getting too old...and that's a reason why so many of the older and best mod makers and mission makers for OFP & Arma have vanished after so many years of patience. But that is another can of worms I really don't mean to get into now.

So, it's not because I wasn't willing to do it...it is because I need alot of help and the community playing it, isn't willing to do this. That is my final comment on the subject.

Thanks for asking :-)

Edited by BigShot

could be but I thought when Kibot made that mission that he originally made it for Stratis since Altis didnt exist yet...hmmm.

Could you do me a favor and change the radius for the mission and see if that helps?...try changing it to 500 or more to test and lemme know if thats what it is and ill make the change on my part here. Ive just been so busy testing and rewriting for the new 1.7 update here with the new lose condition and all...if you have the time to test this issue that'd be awesome.

I've set the radius to 500m and a tower appeared behind the town. I realy think the problem was no flat ground for the tower to be build.

I've set the radius to 500m and a tower appeared behind the town. I realy think the problem was no flat ground for the tower to be build.

*EDIT@Dunstorm - hold on...what version of Duws are you playing?? you said in an older post that your radius was 250m but I see I changed it already awhile ago to 400m so this should no longer be an issue. You must be playing an old outdated version, yes?

...the 1.7 testing has been going pretty good so far...everything is working well for MP in general and also JIP! The only thing im helpless with is the new AI revive script from Psycho...he's left arma and is not updating this script and there are 2 bugs in it that really should be fixed that I cannot figure out myself. It works mostly, but with 2 annoying issues...

- you often will get removed from the leader position of your group while using the AI revive feature (which means you have to either delete/disband or kill your new leader so you can retake command)

- after a revive is performed by any AI in your group you need to remember to tell them to "return to formation" or else at some point they stop responding to you (not a big deal if you know about it and read the in-game manual...which nobody does)

That first issue is the one id really like to see fixed...but otherwise everything else works for 1.7....

If any coders out there would like to take a look at the AI revive script and see if they can figure out the command issue please let me know!

Edited by BigShot

*EDIT@Dunstorm - hold on...what version of Duws are you playing?? you said in an older post that your radius was 250m but I see I changed it already awhile ago to 400m so this should no longer be an issue. You must be playing an old outdated version, yes?

ok, next if you can...keep test loading that mission a bunch of times over the next days to make certain the tower keeps appearing consistently...and also try it on any other islands (if you have any map packs installed like Chernarus.) Your help is greatly appreciated Dunstorm...the 1.7 testing has been going pretty good so far...everything is working well for MP in general and also JIP! The only thing im helpless with is the new AI revive script from Psycho...he's left arma and is not updating this script and there are 2 bugs in it that really should be fixed that I cannot figure out myself. It works mostly, but with 2 annoying issues...

- you often will get removed from the leader position of your group while using the AI revive feature (which means you have to either delete/disband or kill your new leader so you can retake command)

- after a revive is performed by any AI in your group you need to remember to tell them to "return to formation" or else at some point they stop responding to you (not a big deal if you know about it and read the in-game manual...which nobody does)

That first issue is the one id really like to see fixed...but otherwise everything else works for 1.7....lemme know how it goes with the tower mission radius change.

If any coders out there would like to take a look at the AI revive script and see if they can figure out the command issue please let me know!

re the first issue, this looks like the relevant block.

file "ais.fsm"

_unit is the unit that gets killed.

_grp is his group.

In red below.

That line basically removes the unit (player) from the array of group members.

Below that, the code tries to find the player in the group, but he has been removed above so none is found and the leader is selected at random.

I'm not sure why he removed the player from the group, perhaps he had a good reason.

Also below that is an exitWith that may terminate the code block before it selects the player as leader again. In green is the line that I believe should replace it.

In your pbo, find that block and comment out the red code and implement the green code.

if (_unit == leader group _unit) then {
	_unit setVariable ["tcb_ais_leader", true];
	_grp = units group _unit;
	[color="#FF0000"]_grp = _grp - [_unit];[/color] // [color="#008000"]if (!isPlayer _unit) then {_grp = _grp - [_unit];};[/color]

if (count _grp > 0) then {
		_pLeader = objNull;
		[color="#FF0000"]{if (isPlayer _x) exitWith {_pLeader = _x}} forEach _grp;[/color] // [color="#008000"]{if (isPlayer _x) then {_pLeader = _x;};} count _grp;[/color]

if (!isNull _pLeader) then {
			(group _unit) selectLeader _pLeader;
		} else {
			_ranAI = _grp select (floor (random (count _grp)));
			(group _unit) selectLeader _ranAI;
		};
	};
} else {
	if (_unit getVariable "tcb_ais_leader") then {
		_unit setVariable ["tcb_ais_leader", false];
	};
};

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

@MDCCLXXVI - you ARE da'man...not to mention coding genius :-))))) (and you've just earned a celebrated spot in the 1.7 mission credits btw!).

I thought he had removed the leader from command because if the leader gets injured and falls he has no way of giving the revive command...but apparently...it seems to work anyway because the AI comes to revive you even though theres no commander giving the order, which works out swell.

@everybody reading this - grab this guy quick, get em' hold em' up straight and dont let him get away!....we need him to make duws dedi-compatible!!!!!!

seriously thanks for the help;)

Edited by BigShot

Thanks for all your hard work on this Big shot. .. definitely one of my favorite. ..

I say release now... If you need help testing sp features let me know... With the kid and the job I'm flat out but certainly wouldn't mind testing some stuff so you can move forward... such as ai halo etc

**** NEW UPDATE FOR DUWS MODIFIED ****

*** VERSION 1.7 NOW RELEASED! GO GET IT!! ***

There's a bunch of changes/additions and also some fixes so please make sure to read through the change notes very carefully as well as taking your time re-reading the in-game manual which has been updated.

Here's a link to the change notes on Steam (same as below):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/222686368

The next update will follow the next official game patch/DLC, probably sometime in November...all who want to help test it should begin contacting me now.

New As of October 16th, 2014: version 1.7

- new: added new feature to FOB/Teleport Manager - you can now choose to either fast travel "alone" or with your "group".

- new: added Group HALO - works with both players and AI in the same group (original script by: cobra4v320). you can now choose to either HALO "alone" or with your "group".

- new: *Selectable Mission Win/Lose Conditions (in parameters menu in MP mission lobby): Cap All Zones/Officer Killed & Cap All Zones/Officer & Players Killed (see details below & in-game manual).

- new: Free-Roaming Camera System invokes after death - **ONLY when playing the new slectable lose condition (officer + players killed). See in-game Duws manual.

- changed: Special Operatives units are now able to revive human players and each other (if you've enabled AI Revive in the Parameters screen).

- changed: Special Operatives units now cost 10CP each when you first recruit them and then cost nothing to redeploy them after they get killed.

- changed: Special Operatives units delay for redeployment has been decreased down to a 60 second wait/delay.

- changed: Special Operatives units now come with 50 spendable points each so that you can begin to customize their individual skill sets.

- fixed: Special Operatives units now earn 20 extra spendable points which you can use toward further skill customizations each time your team either captures an enemy zone or completes a side-mission.

- fixed: when fatigue is disabled in parameters menu it now effects the single AI units you recruit into your group (Regular units, SpecOps and Airborn Troops), and not just humans. This allows the AI to keep pace with you better and not fall behind so much!

- new: added Army Power(AP) info to the Squad Manager Hint (now you can easily see what each teams AP is anytime you wish).

- updated: VAS script (Armory#1) updated to latest version 2.6 so you now get 15 kit slots instead of 10.

- updated: some new info added to the in-game map notes and also cleaned it up a bit and alphabetized the tabs.

- changed: cost to unlock "vehicle refit" increased to 5cp (was 3 cp)

- changed: cost to unlock "helo taxi" increased to 10CP

- changed: cost to use/call "helo taxi" increased to 5CP

- changed: cost to unlock airborn troops decreased to 15cp

- changed: cost to use/call airborn troops decreased to 24cp (you still get 8 troops)

- changed: increased wait time in between support calls for HC CAS & Attack Chopper.

- fixed: opfor was not losing AP after blufor would capture a zone. Now the more zones you cap the weaker opfor becomes over time.

- added: main base map marker now indicates if the HQ officer has been killed (marker turns orange and will be labeled "officer killed" when playing with the new losing condition parameter)

- fixed: AI revive bug which caused you to sometimes lose command of your group. You should no longer lose command when AI revive is used. A HUGE thanks and a spot in our mission scripting credits goes out to "MDCCLXXVI" for fixing this annoying issue!

- changed: volume reduced for the enemy warning siren sound (you're welcome, lol).

- All new features are MP compatible and also work for JIP. If you encounter JIP issues have a good read in the common questions forum at our steam workshop page because it will cure all your JIP issues.

*Selectable Mission Win/Lose Conditions: Cap All Zones/Officer Killed -OR- Cap All Zones/Officer & Players Killed.

For players who wish they had ONE LAST CHANCE to continue playing and win the mission after the HQ Officer is killed.

If you select this new mode in the mission lobby's Parameters menu here is how it works:

1. If officer dies you still get one more chance to try and win (mission does not end yet).

2. You still have to finish capping all the zones to "win".

3. If you fall injured you still have ability to use Revive(if it was enabled at mission start params menu).

4. If officer gets killed you lose all services and menus at the HQ. Fob services/menus stay intact, and you also get to retain all your previous unlocks that youve earned and requested earlier.

5. If officer gets killed then you lose the ability to respawn, so if YOU die after he gets killed (and you don't get revived) the mission is over for you and you will be given a free-roam spectator's camera to watch your friends continue to play and try to win. Mission will end when either your team caps all the zones (win) or all human players are dead (lose), AFTER the officer has been killed.

DropBox .pbo & Steam Workshop Have Been Updated - Just re-download , install & Have Fun!!

Thanks Big shot! ! Really happy my ai team can Halo in now... will test this afternoon :)

Is it only on my side or is the rescue side mission bugged in 1.7. I went to the guys that needed to be rescued but they won't join my squad. They just stay on the ground, sometimes they spin, but they won't join. I thought maybe they're injured or something but there is no heal option.

I see the same issue with the rescue mission. It's like a trigger is not met. I am right next to the wounded guys but they do not stand up and join my squad. Too bad, as I like playing this side mission...

Otherwise, the AI revive bug appears to be fixed! I have not lost control of my squad with ver 1.7 and the option to choose to either fast travel "alone" or with your "group" is great.

I do think the "Do or Die" missions are too easy now after the reduced radius introduced in Ver 1.4

Thanks Big Shot for continually breathing new life into this mod!

Rescue mission is fixed, will be in next update. Was just a silly typo error in the trigger statement (an extra array bracket next to the exec) but to be honest I never knowingly touched or changed that mission since kibot made it so I have no clue why it even happened to begin with. Since I was just in there I doubled the amount o enemy in the AO since previously there was only 4?...geez crazy easy.

As far as the do or die mission being too easy thats kinda funny since its got alot more enemy around than the rescue mission...anyway I'll take a look at it but I made the area smaller because a couple complained they couldnt find the briefcase...now that i made it smaller its too easy...ya cant win :-)...I'll play it a couple times and see what i think though. I just want to make sure it's not TOO tough for the average player since the whole damn mission ends if you don't make it back in time.

Id really like to see a vote about it...I'd ask you players to all play the Do or Die side mission and post here if you think its too easy or not...but I doubt too many will even notice this post...Ill check back in a few days incase there are responses.

**EDIT**

I've increased the size of the "Do or Die" mission AO to 350m. It was originally 500 many months ago but some felt it was too difficult to find the briefcase with code, so I recently made it alot easier by reducing the AO to only 200m which scott thinks is too easy. So now I've just decided to try 350m as an in between value. I think we'll stick with that and see how it goes.

Another new update should be ready in a week or 2...im just waiting on the next game patch/DLC stuff...one of the new features comming is a recon camera system you can unlock/purchase for your 0-8 menu...think of it as a sort of spy-cam that works for 60 seconds at a time (5 minute wait period in between calls) and allows you to view anywhere on the map :-) This will give you some incentive to keep your AP(army power) up since a requirement of this new camera system will be that it won't work unless you have a minimum of 175AP when you call it from the 0-8 menu. There will be a bunch of other changes/additions as well...just thought I'd throw this one out there for now :-)

Edited by BigShot

I might be using UAV terminal incorrectly.

I choose one from the armoury, I get a UAV backpack, unpack the uav...

I then step over the UAV and alas - there's no "connect to terminal" or "open uav terminal" options in the scroll-wheel menu..

Could totally be something I'm doing or not doing I AM kinda new to arma. Would love some help with this.

Also - totally addicted to this mod, great mod thanks.

Edited by thefinn

there's no "connect to terminal" or "open uav terminal" options in the scroll-wheel menu.

If you don't see that in your action menu then you most likely do not have a UAV Terminal in your Inventory. Grab one from the Armory under Items\Misc.(and make certain it has really been added to your personal inventory). By the way...you don't have to bother with the whole kitbag thing to get the UAV...all you need to do now is purchase one from the vehicles list inside the Requests menu :-) (yes it costs a little but its alot easier IMO).

Yeah I noticed the new UAV's which is why this has become an issue.

I definitely got a UAV terminal from the armoury.

It's in inventory (in the GPS slot), just not working.

---------- Post added at 05:31 ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 ----------

Ok I got some progress here, if I start a local server and begin as a UAV operator - everything works.

How do I make myself one in single player ? :)

I have wondered how - if I wanted to - I could play a medic or engineer in this mod - also in single player.

And/Or Change the default squad makeup for opfor for multi-player.

Thanks for the any help on noob stuff ;)

Edited by thefinn

First of all, im assuming you're trying to play my modified version and not the original correct?...with this in mind I urge you to visit my workshop link provided in my signature above in the first post of this page and have yourself a good read of the notes I posted in the common questions forum there. It has the info you need to know on how to start an LAN server for yourself.

The UAV is working as it should...there is no special coding there...it is all hard coded into the game and not mission specific. Your problem is most probably due to using the Armory #2(VA) which is the new arma3 built-in virtual arsenal coding which limits what you can and cannot use according to class. Use the Armory#1(VAS) instead...add the terminal that way since it does not limit you to class. I only added the new VA recently because a few players asked for it but truth be told the original VAS is much more robust and useful without the issues that the new VA causes.

Also there is no more support for SP scenario mode...if you play my modified version you have no choice now but to play it LAN or INTERNET if you want to avoid issues....clearly stated in the readme change notes on 9/22 and also on the front page of the workshop.

...have fun :-)

Edited by BigShot

Yeah gotcha, I didn't realise that had changed (no SP) and only started using your version today ;)

I'll have a read of the stuff you suggest, thanks for the help !

Exactly what I needed.

To be honest though I only use the Armory #1 and still got the same issue - and yeah I have been using the lan server now as I can play whatever I want that way.

I also had the same issue with the original mod and it didn't have VA.

Here's the issue here:

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong ;)

Edited by thefinn

Good afternoon,

Great mission!! One issue: I requested a fire team and a rifle squad. It substracted the cp's from my "bank". It said to Left Control + space to access these units. So, I press them both (together) and nothing? It appears that there are more units next to the HQ. but I cant access any of them

Am I missing something?

Thanks.. Bill

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

OK... thanks... now I can command fire teams to a waypoint... Is there a way to load them in a transport... the forums said it was coming...

Good afternoon,

Great mission!! One issue: I requested a fire team and a rifle squad. It substracted the cp's from my "bank". It said to Left Control + space to access these units. So, I press them both (together) and nothing? It appears that there are more units next to the HQ. but I cant access any of them

Am I missing something?

Thanks.. Bill

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

OK... thanks... now I can command fire teams to a waypoint... Is there a way to load them in a transport... the forums said it was coming...

Sounds like you requested the High Command squads which give you limited control over them.

If you want a squad to order around and to control each aspect of their movement and combat then you need to add squad units individually from the request units or special operatives menu on the left side of the gui which will get added to your squad

Ctrl + space will give you access to high command interface and the units you request for your own squad will show up on bottom left of game screen in your squad. You will need to Ctrl + space back and forth to command the two different types of teams.

HC squad great for guarding an area or helping with a 2 pronged attack as they follow high level commands. The high command tutorial can help clarify this if you are so inclined

Here's the issue here:

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong ;)

try adding the first terminal on the list and see if that helps. Its another arma-ism im afraid. The one you chose is probably used for another faction other than the Nato team. The VAS shows all items...and most of those items will work for any side/team...but SOME I guess will not.

Edited by BigShot

Good day bigshot,

I can't seem to download the file from your dropbox. :( it says file not found

Good day bigshot,

I can't seem to download the file from your dropbox. :( it says file not found

Yes thanks...please just get it at my steam workshop for now.