kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

I noticed that the settings is now missing from the scroll menu is it bugged or did you mean to remove it?

I noticed that the settings is now missing from the scroll menu is it bugged or did you mean to remove it?

I still have it?

>I noticed that the settings is now missing from the scroll menu is it bugged or did you mean to remove it?

@pedrochapps is that with new Bootcamp DLC? I haven't tested duws in dev branch, will try to do it today. But i doubt BI changed api THAT much.

>i cant seem to be revived i always respawn

Do you enabled respawn in game settings (in lobby?)

Oh, and please, if you find any bugs with new bootcamp update, please send them in my PM as well.

this was before boot camp and yes revive is enabled everyone else can be revived except me.

willl be playing around later so will let you know if i see anything with BC

I quickly checked some things in DUWS with Bootcamp installed and looks like nothing has been broken (checked some supports, halo, armory, etc). Right now i found one annoying bug - you can't attach scopes via VAS, only via inventory. Let's wait when Tonic fix VAS, and then i can update VAS in DUWS...

Also, i uploaded DUWS to Workshop. This is mainly for friends who asked for it, but... Have fun playing!

saved game was borked grrr but it seems ok. i will have a look at the scopes thingy and have a look see for my self

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

I use this interface on the VAS as its much better, i can change scopes with no issues

http://i.gyazo.com/037f1d8c524162cee9c35d6c24fce06f.png (1235 kB)

Hey, it is possible to beta test your new version?

Kind regards.

Yes, the latest version with logistics is in workshop. Right now i'm working on replacing and testing VAS with new Arsenal from BIS.

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Ok, i managed to get it working. Good sides:

1) Mod supported. Yep, every weapon, every camo, and you can use all of them like in latest VAS

2) Good preview, good customization (even faces!)

3) Fixes problems with mods with attachments. VAS had problems with R3F pack and BWMod, but virtual armory can attach/save/load any sets.

Now for not-so-good parts.

1) Completely unusable. No ammo - you spawn with 3 mags. Here is thread i posted about that problem, if anyone can help, i will be really glad.

Yes, the latest version with logistics is in workshop. Right now i'm working on replacing and testing VAS with new Arsenal from BIS.

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Ok, i managed to get it working. Good sides:

1) Mod supported. Yep, every weapon, every camo, and you can use all of them like in latest VAS

2) Good preview, good customization (even faces!)

3) Fixes problems with mods with attachments. VAS had problems with R3F pack and BWMod, but virtual armory can attach/save/load any sets.

Now for not-so-good parts.

1) Completely unusable. No ammo - you spawn with 3 mags. Here is thread i posted about that problem, if anyone can help, i will be really glad.

Hey THANK YOU SO MUCH. Thanks to you this version keeps being better! I like this version. Ps is there a problem with the loadscript?

Thanks again.

>Ps is there a problem with the loadscript

What do you mean, exactly? Logistics?

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Ok, time for some testing.

Workshop version

Standalone version

New features:

1)logistics support using awesome r3f logistics mod.

2)Fixed supply drop

3)VAS removed and replaced by new Arma3 Virtual Arsenal. Replaced both HQ/FOB and mobile armory mission as well.

>Ps is there a problem with the loadscript

What do you mean, exactly? Logistics?

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Ok, time for some testing.

Workshop version

Standalone version

New features:

1)logistics support using awesome r3f logistics mod.

2)Fixed supply drop

3)VAS removed and replaced by new Arma3 Virtual Arsenal. Replaced both HQ/FOB and mobile armory mission as well.

The helicopter transport is superb but I mean igl loadscript. Or is it already included?

I dont like that Logi, the only thing i do like about it is the ability to tow.

Igi load is easy to add to the mod if you want to do it you self. just look up how to extract the mission add the igiload folder to the mission folder and the line of code to the inint file and repack in the mission.

Instead of igiload i used [r3f] logistics 3.0

Ow my bad, I watched the trailer, and it is really awesome. I guess I didn't test it enough. Will let you know. Sorry and thanks ;)

rlex,

do you intend to add ennemy selection through mission parameters ? A long time ago, I modified the original DUWS mission to be able to choose Aggressors OPFOR. I can send the code to you, even if you'll probably do a better job starting from scratch (it was really easy to code it).

rlex,

do you intend to add ennemy selection through mission parameters ? A long time ago, I modified the original DUWS mission to be able to choose Aggressors OPFOR. I can send the code to you, even if you'll probably do a better job starting from scratch (it was really easy to code it).

No, i do not plan to do that.

Here is simple idea - you play as BLUFOR against OPFOR, while GUER as preserved for side missions. Selection _can_ be added, but it will require sh*tload of if-else constructions (and there is already enough of them)

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

I dont like that Logi, the only thing i do like about it is the ability to tow.

Igi load is easy to add to the mod if you want to do it you self. just look up how to extract the mission add the igiload folder to the mission folder and the line of code to the inint file and repack in the mission.

I will consider looking into igiload after it will be released as "stable". Right now, r3f logi is more stable and provides more features (ie ability to rebuild fortifications)

No, i do not plan to do that.

Here is simple idea - you play as BLUFOR against OPFOR, while GUER as preserved for side missions. Selection _can_ be added, but it will require sh*tload of if-else constructions (and there is already enough of them)

Ok, too bad. But I garantee you that it's simple to do (I've done it myself, I know what I'm talking about, and I have nearly no experience in Arma coding).

Due to stupid error i made there was no (new) armory at FOBs. Fixed, workshop and standalone versions updated.

Im new with DUWS.

after i start a mission i cant save the game!?

You can play with the DUWS on any island you want, you just have to rename the .pbo file.

Example: DWS.stratis.pbo >> DWS.chernarus.pbo

doesnt work with @A3MP. I rename the File to SPMP_DUWSv08b.Bystrica.pbo, but it come a error message and after that it loads stratis map...

Edited by troymcc

Bystica and Bukovina are NOT named like this. Their system names is woodland_acr and bootcamp_acr if i remember correctly.

@rlex

Thanks, both works.

I found the savefunction(only over radio the autosave), is there possible to make other savepoints?

The Voice Commands(sound) for team is missing..

Edited by troymcc

>I found the savefunction(only over radio the autosave), is there possible to make other savepoints?

Nope. Just use SITREP function - it have low CP count and doesn't have any cooldown.