Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Russian weapons pack v1.0

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 03 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 03 2002,20wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 03 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what is next?<span id='postcolor'>

Dunno<span id='postcolor'>

Will you listen to realistic ideas and see if any of it appeals?<span id='postcolor'>

no

What happened to your McLaren F1 Kegetys? Is it still in development?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 03 2002,20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 03 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 03 2002,20<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 03 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what is next?<span id='postcolor'>

Will you listen to realistic ideas and see if any of it appeals?<span id='postcolor'>

no<span id='postcolor'>

He never does anyway hes one of those *beep*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Aug. 03 2002,21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What happened to your McLaren F1 Kegetys? Is it still in development?<span id='postcolor'>

It never was, it was a test model convert from NFS4, of which ofp.info found a screenshot of and made up the "Kegetys is working on it" part.

humm, I'd like to see similiar pack done for the West with realism in mind. I'm sick and tired of seeing gimmicks like silenced sniper rifles and SMGs. All we'd need is a good solid weapons pack for West based on good textures and as realistic performance data (and sights).

- M249 SAW LMG

- M4 Carbine

- M60E3

- M40 Bolt Action Sniper rifle

- M14

- .45 Colt M1911

- M47 Dragon

I know some of those are already made, but most are pre-oxygen crap or just don't feel right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 03 2002,20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 03 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 03 2002,20<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 03 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what is next?<span id='postcolor'>

no<span id='postcolor'>

Like everyone else I think that the Keg's Russian weapon adddon pack is damn good. However I must add some balanced comments as well that I hope you take as constructive criticism Keg.

It is mainly concerned with the RPK.

The RPK's are NOT clumsy to work with and while they look nice, they are extremely slow to get the sites lined up on a target. That sluggishness can get you killed. These weapons are still relatively light weight weapons and are not hard to bring on target at all. It's much easier to bring a weapon like the RPK to bear on a target then something like a PK or M60 machine gun. I fired both the M60 and the M249 SAW and it never was any problem getting the sites on a target very quickly. So if you can please return the sites to normal or at least post a cpp.config fix for those of us that don't want the slow sites on the RPK's. Also, while the drum magazine was nice it would have nice to see also see a version (maybe a Resistance version) with an extended banana clip rather then a drum magazine.

Other then that however the addons are quite good.

The RPG-7's especially are exceptionally good! BIS should have included those originally as they are the most famouse and most widely used AT weapons in the world.

Good work Kegetys!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Amazing work as usual, finally some standard weapons for East smile.gif. It's always nice how Kegetys surprises us with his work biggrin.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Aug. 03 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The RPK's are NOT clumsy to work with and while they look nice, they are extremely slow to get the sites lined up on a target.  That sluggishness can get you killed.  These weapons are still relatively light weight weapons and are not hard to bring on target at all.<span id='postcolor'>

I made them sluggish to make them have a weakness compared to AK's so people dont use them like assault rifles. In real life im sure that turning a machine gun when its on a its bipod on ground is not as smooth as just turning an AK in your hand. A real bipod would propably allow a bit of rotation, but turning it on bigger angles would be harder, so this is kindof a (poor) simulation of that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Aug. 03 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's much easier to bring a weapon like the RPK to bear on a target then something like a PK or M60 machine gun.  I fired both the M60 and the M249 SAW and it never was any problem getting the sites on a target very quickly.

<span id='postcolor'>

While I agree that RPK is much easier to bring to bear than M60 or PK in real life, it shouldn't be as fast as with assault rifles. With the bipod deployed MGs and LMGs are pretty clumsy, I've fired Finnish M62 LMG which weighs around 10kg and is fed with 100 round belts and it was darn clumsy to lift it up and reposition if targets were popping up close outside it's ca.45 degree firing arc.

I think BIS should be blamed a little for making PK and M60 nimble but equalizing this fact with high recoil. However, with RPK's being the case, increasing recoil for game balance wasn't probably realistic, since they fire assault rifle cartridges with longer heavier barrel. So the relative clumsyness of bipod-deployed RPK prevents it from being a 'uberweapon'.

Some constructive critism, shouldn't the AK-103 be able to use standard AK-47 magazines also because it has the same caliber (7.62x39) and it's basically an updated version of AK-47? Same goes for the AK-107 which is an updated version of AK-74. (Correct me if i'm wrong smile.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Aug. 03 2002,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some constructive critism, shouldn't the AK-103 be able to use standard AK-47 magazines also because it has the same caliber (7.62x39) and it's basically an updated version of AK-47? Same goes for the AK-107 which is an updated version of AK-74. (Correct me if i'm wrong smile.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

Yes of course, and RPK-74 and RPK could also take AK74 and 47 mags as well but BIS has made this impossible. If you'd use AK47 mags on AK103 the name of the weapon would then change to AK47 automatically. Same thing happens with AK47CZ. Steyr, XM177E2, G36 all can take M16 mags in real life but that is not possible due to lack of multiple magazine types for single weapons in OFP.

Kegety's once again you have outdone yourself. The AK103 and the AK107 are beautiful, and the RPG is friggin awesome. The textures are great all around. My only gripe, and it is minor, is that you didnt put new textures on the RPK. Other than that, I give it a 10! God I wish BIS would make this an official addon, so I could use them on the big public servers. Keep up the good work Keg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Aug. 03 2002,14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">humm, I'd like to see similiar pack done for the West with realism in mind. I'm sick and tired of seeing gimmicks like silenced sniper rifles and SMGs. All we'd need is a good solid weapons pack for West based on good textures and as realistic performance data (and sights).

- M249 SAW LMG

- M4 Carbine

- M60E3

- M14

- .45 Colt M1911

- M47 Dragon

I know some of those are already made, but most are pre-oxygen crap or just don't feel right.<span id='postcolor'>

a better list for current weapons of the U.S:

M249

M9

M240b

M4A1

M16A2 (better model?)

AT4

M3 MAWS (just rename the Carl Gustaf smile.gif )

M24

M40

M60E3

Dragon, M14, and Colt should be optional for addon maker (unless you want to truly simulate the 1980's. If so, those weapons would be important.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Aug. 03 2002,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Aug. 03 2002,14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">humm, I'd like to see similiar pack done for the West with realism in mind. I'm sick and tired of seeing gimmicks like silenced sniper rifles and SMGs. All we'd need is a good solid weapons pack for West based on good textures and as realistic performance data (and sights).

- M249 SAW LMG

- M4 Carbine

- M60E3

- M14

- .45 Colt M1911

- M47 Dragon

I know some of those are already made, but most are pre-oxygen crap or just don't feel right.<span id='postcolor'>

a better list for current weapons of the U.S:

M249

M9

M240b

M4A1

M16A2 (better model?)

AT4

M24

M40

M60E3

Dragon, M14, and Colt should be optional for addon maker (unless you want to truly simulate the 1980's.  If so, those weapons would be important.<span id='postcolor'>

Who is gonna make that? Don't expect Kagatys to do it.

Amazing work Kegetys!! ohhh! wow!! the RPG-7 for the game

Super!! So happy with this. I edit the config.cpp of it for make it work in 1.46 (changing the version text) and I have a question...I see that when you are with the RPG-7/RPG-7V on back it has no rocket and then when you aim it the rocket appears.

Is this becuase 1.46 or is like that? I think it can be even more great if you can see the rocket while you have the weapon on the back. Just a little detail but maybe will look nice. Please it can be done in any way? Thanks and this addon rocks!!

ps: for see what I mean please try the West Mortar soldier... load a mortar and then place the weapon on back and see how it looks... if that can be done with this great RPG-7/RPG-7V can be sooooo nice! smile.gif

ps2: I just try this : I select the other soldier with F2 then I press "6" (action) and then

"1" (Weapon RPG7 Launcher") and... the RPG-7 rocket appears loaded in the launcher!

Please check thes pic below...

I think it looks so nice and when you make move him to someplace looks great and more powerful with the rocket loaded. But that was for the other soldier... I'm still with the "empty" launcher on back I hope that the rocket can be placed also on "my" launcher. I try many things but no way for see it. When I'm with the wepon in hand -with the rocket loaded, looks so nice!- and I put back the rocket again dissapears sad.gif I also try the Resistance version... Sorry for bother with this but please check how nice it looks!! thanks.

If the mortar can have it really hope the RPG-7 also...

Now I can go to sleep with my mind in peace hehe

rpg-7_also_on_back_please.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Aug. 03 2002,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">M249

M9

M240b

M4A1

M16A2 (better model?)

AT4

M24

M40

M60E3

Dragon, M14, and Colt should be optional for addon maker (unless you want to truly simulate the 1980's.  If so, those weapons would be important.<span id='postcolor'>

The M9 and the M16A2 are already in the game. You're probably thinking of the M16A3. I think it's got a semi/burst/full trigger setting.

I won't start a boring wish list, just give Kegetys tribute for his Russian weapons pack v1.0. The most innovate and usefull I found. If someone told me it was official addon coming, I would believed it

Are there any others difference between AK103 & AK107, except graphism and rate of fire ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aeon @ Aug. 04 2002,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there any others difference between AK103 & AK107, except graphism and rate of fire ?<span id='postcolor'>

Caliber and damage. AK103 fires 7.62x39mm (AK47) and AK107 5.45x39.5mm (AK74) bullets. AK107 has more rapid rate of fire but is slightly less damaging than AK103. And perhaps slight difference in accuracy.

Nice work, Keg!

These truly are the most polished weapon addons ever released for ofp so far. I think the fact they not only use already used sounds instead of adding yet another sound for basically the same weapon already in game, and the fact that they blend perfectly with the rest of the game makes them appeal so damn right. However, I have to agree that the clumsiness of some of the weapons feels not good. If all weapons in the game would react that way according to their weight and stuff, I would have liked this, but currently, I think it was a mistake to implement such a feature. (note: see? I'm still saying it's a feature wink.gif )

Maybe if BIS will add a true bipod effect someday to the mg's, you could rework the weapons again and simulate it that way, but until then I can only urge you to reconsider this clumsiness. It somehow distracts from the feeling for those weapons and how they blend in with the rest of the game.

If BIS will one day release a patch including a number of user-made addons, and thus declaring them offical, I would really like to see this addon included.

Once again, nice work!

Oh, hehe, and of course I have my own wishlist of this above mentioned us addons. smile.gif

-m249

-m249 (pip)

-m240

-m24

-at4 launcher

-colt1911

It's a small list, but NATO has already enough weapons compared to Russians. I just think that those here would add a lot to the game. Namely, an alternative for the Carl Gustav, which wasn't really in use until the 90's and then only in Ranger units; the addition of a squad lmg opposing the rpk; a new machinegun beside the m60, for which I would suggest the exact values and sound as for the co-axial mg of the bradley; and lastly a proper bolt-action sniper rifle.

Of course it's just a wishlist. Nothing more and nothing less.

Bloody good addon, but...

I dont think the AK130/AK107 has burst function, i could be wrong, correct me if I am.

The RPK-74... its very rare that you see a drum magazine on the RPK-74, would be more realistic with a 45 round mag. IMO

"The RPK-74 internally is almost the same Ak-74 rifle - select-fire, gas operated, rotating bolt locked firearm with heaviuer and longer, non-removable barrel, bipod, and redesigned buttstock. RPK-74 can be fed from 45 rounds box magazines or standart AK-74 30 rounds box magazines. 75 rounds drums, similar in design to those of RPK, were also developed, but are very rare and almost impossible to find across the troops, while being very sought after, especially in Chechnya"

BIS default AK47 and AK74 have no burst in real life but in the game they have it. That's perhaps the reasong Kegetys added burst too. Kind of simulates 'short-time auto fire'.

RPKs have only full auto though. Drum mags might not be issued throughout the army, but at least RPKs will have reasonable firepower when they eventually face M249 SAWs with 200 round belts. 45 round mag would be sticking in the ground all the time also.

RPK-74 is a "very" LMG, not meant for real firepower to stand agains a M249 or something similar... its "just" a AK-74 with a longer barrel, with bipod and a little bit larger magazine

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RPKs have only full auto though.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, RPK-74 is select-fire, just like the AK-74

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">45 round mag would be sticking in the ground all the time also<span id='postcolor'>

Nope...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Aug. 04 2002,21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RPK-74 is a "very" LMG, not meant for real firepower to stand agains a M249 or something similar... its "just" a AK-74 with a longer barrel, with bipod and a little bit larger magazine

Nope, RPK-74 is select-fire, just like the AK-74<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is a LMG, but it doesn't mean it can't be effective squad support weapon. And standard Russian squads carry two of them.

Select and full auto, of course.

The problem is that OFP doesnt support multiple magazine types so maybe Kegetys will release clip-fed version in the next version (v1.1).

...But before that somebody could also start making similiar pack for west.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Aug. 04 2002,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but until then I can only urge you to reconsider this clumsiness.<span id='postcolor'>

I will not change it, I could make the effect a little bit smaller, but thats all. I dont want the RPK's to be super-AK's that people use all the time instead of AK's.