Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

Take On Mars - New BIS Game

Dwarden confirmed on IRC that there will be a reveal, said the setting might be shocking...

Take On: Forklifts :sulkoff:

Dwarden confirmed on IRC that there will be a reveal, said the setting might be shocking...

Take on Power Line repair?

Take on Tanks? Perhaps xD

EDIT:

Note to myself to make sure to see Page 2... Page 3... Ah well

Edited by Sakai

Here's the exact quote:

14:31 Dwarden on E3 we going to reveal new Take On title ;)

14:31 Dwarden guess the setting gunna be shocking for many ;)

As for some others' speculation:
Take On Garbage Disposal Trucks. Navigate cramped fast food parking lots and don't ding the customer's cars while spilling greasy trash all over.

Take on Miners or Take on Snowplower! I want underground terrain and realistic snow simulation in my ArmA4!
Take On: Bush Planes
Take On: UN Security Council. Are the possibility of chemical weapons in Iraq reason to invade? Choose from 15 countries and engage in hot, sweaty meeting action!
Take On World War One. Authentic trench warfare action! Charge headfirst into No Man's Land in this forgotten chapter of military history! Compatible with TrackIR and Natural Point's new SmellSense immersion enhancement peripheral (mustard gas scent cartridge sold separately).

It must be sim related, otherwise why the name?

So..

Take On... Space?

Got Kerbal for that.

Take On Fishing

If so, this might be Placebo's idea :p

Take On Planes

If shocking was meant sarcastically.

Take On Moderating

Warnings, infractions, thread locking and banning is all a thing of the past. Introducing a virtually interactive way of moderating your forum! Take On Moderating takes you into a FPS world where every member of your forum is a virtual character. Infraction? Use the boot! Thread locking? Kick everyone out of the room! Banning? Swing the bat and hope for the best! Supports Ikonboard 1.0 Build 2 2012 and vBulletin 4.2.0

mightyfoot.png

Take on Space Colony? Take on Mars Hovercraft Racing? Hard to guess since arma engine can do pretty much anything...

According to PurePassion:
“Explore the scarred face of another world. Journey through rocky terrain and sandy wastes, pushing your vehicles to the max in this new installment to the Take On series.â€

Warnings, infractions, thread locking and banning is all a thing of the past. Introducing a virtually interactive way of moderating your forum! Take On Moderating takes you into a FPS world where every member of your forum is a virtual character. Infraction? Use the boot! Thread locking? Kick everyone out of the room! Banning? Swing the bat and hope for the best! Supports Ikonboard 1.0 Build 2 2012 and vBulletin 4.2.0

http://www.multi-players-zone.com/images/mightyfoot.png

I would not buy this game or even accept it as a gift.

Take On Fishing

If so, this might be Placebo's idea :p

Gets my vote ;)

So is anyone else hoping for Take On Battlezones? :D

I hope so :) I love this game :cool:

But certainly Take on Tanks would be good move for BIS, many people out here want realistic tankist simulation, ballistic penetration. Now imagine, that you can run TOH and TOTanks merged on A3 engine. That would be something - and - that would be seeling like Pampers Baby.

Edited by fragmachine
typo

My guess is Take on Rocket.

You play as a guy, who is on his quest to Mons Huygens on his rover, while simultaneously designing a game.

I think the hint what Take On game this will be has been in DnA's avatar for some time.

NC hmmm. Naval Combat? One hint is also that the subject might be surprising.

God dammit :( Yeah I don't know that much about Take On series :D

Edited by St. Jimmy

Take on water, like a ship that's sinking...

newcastle.jpg

On a more serious note - Any hope of there one day being a decent tank sim released?

Graviteam are no longer throwing their hat into the ring, and without them there's a huge shortage of tank sims...

I'm thinking its take on Submarines. Has sandy wastes, rocky terrain and it like another world.

I'm thinking its take on Submarines. Has sandy wastes, rocky terrain and it like another world.

Very interesting interpretation. ;)

Hopefully they will do ships to go with the subs (so subs + asw), also a good idea of taking advantage of the diving, and maybe an excuse to bring some features of vbs into a3. I hope if they do this they at least make it compatible with A3 as that would be awesome. Good excuse to have walkable moving vehicles and being able to walk under the waterline of a vessel (like vbs2).

Its gotta be: "Take On - Take Out" The pizza delivery sim... for the Moon colony.

Or the Chinese version: "Take On - Take Away"... Don't drop those DimSum

Edited by EDcase

My guess is submarines or the Moon/Mars because there is good satellite data available for both.