Sign in to follow this  
bad benson

Enhanced movement and more

Have you considered doing this for sounds:

- basic gunshot, no reverb (basically, chop off the reverb ending of the current one)

- add reverb for indoors (done)

- add diff reverb for outdoors (just add back the chopped bit)

yea i chopped of the reverb in one test. can't remember where i stand with this. last time i worked on this i was focusing on the climbing stuff. not sure yet how i'll go about the reverb thing. at one point i had it so you could indentify if a shooter was inside a building. handling all units causes performance drop for such a detail though so i will probably reduce the functionality to close range or something. there are real sound mods that do all of that already.

Well if you have 4 files for each: shot, occluded shot (more bassy and lighter), inside reverb, outside reverb, then you can have ___ types of playback:

- next to inside source = full shot + full inside reverb

- next to outside source = full shot + full outside reverb

- nearby inside source = bassy shot + half inside reverb (the reverb would be partially occluded)

- far from inside source = half bassy shot + half outside reverb

- far from outside source = full shot + full outside reverb

But, yeah, JSRS will probably do this, so focusing more on animations would be better I guess.

Please, please, the only thing you should do, in my opinion, is release the climbing addon - this is amazing!

Combined with the JumpMF addon we actually have quite some possibilities in movement now!

But, imo, how do you have fatigue working with it? I'd expect to be out of breath when climbing up one of these walls with a full inventory..

2 thumbs up, can't wait

What you've done with the climb, already helps a lot in the game!

If you can free up at least, already help a lot with the movement of the character.

Hey thats great. I remember the script also from A2.

But i think its more realistic if you do a leg-up to reach something very high because of your weight.

This project looks very promising. Especially the climbing.

here it is. making it made me realize how much is left to do. anyways. i hope that's enough for now. i'll start finishing this up next week.

hubba hubba.

Would there be an easy way for you to allow folks to tweak the speed of the animations? I wouldn't mind getting my hands a little dirty if it means having slower more realistic animations. I get that it's not really your focus, and breaking up your animations into less fluid, all-in-one-motion moves like the first video helps a lot, but as a super realism guy I'd love if the animations took a bit longer, just to make things more tense if you need to use it in a tight situation.

Regardless, awesome work! The animations are great :D

I have some question:

in 1: What is the maximum size that can have a climbing wall?

in 2nd: this is a keyboard? or the drop down menu?

in 3rd: when is what you think it out?

thanks

sorry about the lack of updates/alpha release. some changes that BI did pretty much broke the mod (new animation center and other unknown things caused timing and clipping problems) and i'm also a little occupied by other things (including arma stuff). BUT. the mod is not dead and will be updated (new anims included) and then released. i just want this to be as polished as i can make it (don't expect much ;)) before i release so i can just drop it and leave it. i've been able to solve some problems with my interaction system so that will probably be included to make overall handling of the character more fluid (aka one button for doors, ammoboxes/loot and ladders...no more scroll nightmare).

I have some question:

in 1: What is the maximum size that can have a climbing wall?

in 2nd: this is a keyboard? or the drop down menu?

in 3rd: when is what you think it out?

thanks

1. can't remember exactly. something around 3.5 m. i will heavily revise anim heights and speeds though. mostly i'm modelling this after common heights of arma walls though because i want this to be useful. no need for all the effort if there's barely anything you can climb. although i might make these values modular via a mission module to keep the amount of realism nerd tears to a minimum.:p

2. one button that you can bind to what ever key you want. 100 % context sensitive.

3. if i understood this one correctly, the answer is: only god knows. keep praying every night before bed and it might arrive in your sleep ;)

(aka one button for doors, ammoboxes/loot and ladders...no more scroll nightmare)

THIS +1! Between you and Dslyecxi's stuff on context I actually have hope that A3 might become the game it *should* have been!

some changes that BI did pretty much broke the mod (new animation center
Curious, do you mean the "new rotation center" that they previously announced for pistols and rifles before rolling those back?

Curious, do you mean the "new rotation center" that they previously announced for pistols and rifles before rolling those back?

no idea what got rolled back but you can now get stuck in a wall because the anim center is more the front than the center. watch your character when you turn. the feet dance around an axis. i don't know if that caused it. but i had to readjust all the values in my code and still have some weirdness.

it's a combination of things though. mysterious things ;) it's this phenomenon where you take a little break and when you come back nothing works anymore.

Hi sorry im new to these forums. your mod looks awesome but i dont see a download link. is it available yet?

I am looking with a lot of interest your mod!

best wishes and I hope i'll play that soon

:)

All i want is climbing,we already have the other feature via other mods,no need to reinvent the wheel.

Hi sorry im new to these forums. your mod looks awesome but i dont see a download link. is it available yet?

Unfortunately there isn't one, since this is in development. There are two mod sections: "complete" and "discussion." Complete mods available for download are in "complete", while threads regarding development are here. Hope this helps.

Very impressed, this will be a must have.

Is addon still not dead..?

it's not dead. just really sick. might die. hard to say. might be aids.

it'll be back. no worries. just can't say when. i like to take my time and just tease people. it's what i do ;)