Sign in to follow this  
farooqaaa

Player x kicked off, Steam ticket check failed: (null)

This started happening after the latest update.

So far I have:

* Removed Steam.dll, SteamUI.dll and ClientRegistry.blob

* Reinstalled Steam

* Verified the game cache

* Tried different locations in Steam settings

I've always wondered what that means, only started seeing it on the last Dev update.

My mates got the same error and used a Launcher. It seems that you have to launch the game from steam to get rid of it. And if you already do it, I Have no idea

My mates got the same error and used a Launcher. It seems that you have to launch the game from steam to get rid of it. And if you already do it, I Have no idea

I don't use a launcher.

Just a few questions: :)

- Are you using the beta of the steam client?

- Is the client the same version as your server?

- Are you using mods and/or startup parameters (and if so which ones)?

- Is the client using any mods and/or startup parameters?

Edited by ozzbik

I have always used the Dev Build and have seen that message many times.. It has never happened to me before today and from what i can tell. This is how it went down.

My game froze and CTD'd.. At that very moment in game the same error was posted blah blah steam ticket check failed.. player kicked from server... The moment i said my game crashed someone told me (in teamspeak) that is the message that was just displayed. The Exact moment my game crashed..

So to me that is steam shutting my game down remotely.... Hmmm

Have seen it occur several times on my server. Had players/friends tel me via steam that when I've crashed the error message was displayed. I almost always start via library/play arma3.

I've always wondered what that means, only started seeing it on the last Dev update.
This started happening after the latest update.

I've seen this a lot before latest dev update, so no this is not just brought by lastest dev updated!

This error is displayed when you crash, the server can not longer check the Steam auth for your account (as you are in the process of timing out).

Pretty certain you crash, then the error is displayed. That error doesn't have to do with the reason you crashed.

Are you right-clicking on inventory items in multiplayer, per chance? We were playing on sunday and that was the cause of one of the player's CTDs.

@gossamerSolid : If there's a ticket in Feedback, which number has it?

Also if the game crashes there should be an entry in the windows application log with some extra info.

The more info, the better ;)

Edited by ozzbik
something extra

We also had this recently. First time it booted several players with unable to reconnect to the running mission. The second time just one guy was affected.

Got the same problem: yesterday during a pvp match more than half of my clanmates and many of the enemy team were kicked repeatedly.

We have had the same problem with diffrent people who didn't have any modifications as well as people with modifications.

What is this?

I was kicked with the subject error message yesterday and once again just now. Other than that it has been smooth sailing!

yes i think we all have had this error.. Just another CRASH for the Arma team. Maybe 5years down the track they will fix it

Happens many times while loading into the game world passed the role selection screen. Non dev branch, up to date.

Guessing here, But i assume steam is trying to check is trying to check something, while the process is busy and then timing out and thus the steam ticket check returned null.

Just a guess tho.

Guessing here, But i assume steam is trying to check is trying to check something, while the process is busy and then timing out and thus the steam ticket check returned null.

Just a guess tho.

Sounds like a pretty good guess.

Happens on my server too.

Sometimes 20 or more people are getting kicked at once.

I had this problem and found that sometimes after launching arma 3 my steam would go offline and therefore didnt allow for steam to check ticket, so i just logged back in and it worked.

Still happening as of the latest dev build, currently running tests with blank missions/mods to see what may be causing it.

I cant play for more than half hour today with this issue. There appears to be no rhyme or reason. Yesterday i was fine for 3+ hours then boom crash. Ive had it happen while in base, while in a firefight, while flying an aircraft even while parachuting. Hopefully this is fixed soon. Its crashed all of the players in my server

Olson here, I was pulling my hair out for about a week trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to any Arma3 servers. I'd join, get to the lobby, choose my team/slot, try to join and everything would seize up on the loading screen. My buddy would keep an eye on the log and it would either say Battleye client not responding or Steam Ticket check failed. I tried every off-the-wall fix I could find online (Adjusting the overclock on my GPU, disabling firewalls, changing virus protection, etc) nothing worked. Then one fateful afternoon, I looked down at my task bar and saw the familiar orange swirl of the Origin icon sitting next to my steam icon... I thought to myself "No... There's no way it could be that simple..." Going off the "Burger King doesn't talk to Wendy's" theory, I figured heck, why not. Lo and behold, not a single problem connecting to an Arma3 server.

Final summation: If you're running around in circles trying to figure out why battleye and steam are preventing you from joining servers, check to see if Origin is running, if it is, kill it.

I created another thread because I didn't see this one. Had this 3 times in a row last night and I noticed a lot of players were getting booted off as well on a regular basis. Definitely something wrong somewhere.

I created another thread because I didn't see this one. Had this 3 times in a row last night and I noticed a lot of players were getting booted off as well on a regular basis. Definitely something wrong somewhere.

Ya I keep getting kicked every 10-15 mins as well for this same thing, could not verify steam ticket check failed something something when I crash. Another Friend has the same freaking problem but 3 of our other friend seem to play just fine. I know its not our PCs, game is unstable and not worth playing until fixed.