Sign in to follow this  
farooqaaa

Player x kicked off, Steam ticket check failed: (null)

Is there anything else i need to change mate ? this is my .cfg, and thanks for the reply

malloc=system;

steamLanguage="English";

language="English";

forcedAdapterId=-1;

detectedAdapterId=0;

detectedAdapterVendorId=4098;

detectedAdapterDeviceId=26640;

detectedAdapterSubSysId=73666627;

detectedAdapterRevision=0;

detectedAdapterBenchmark=63;

displayMode=0;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winWidth=1024;

winHeight=768;

winDefWidth=1024;

winDefHeight=768;

fullScreenWidth=1920;

fullScreenHeight=1080;

refresh=60;

renderWidth=1920;

renderHeight=1080;

multiSampleCount=8;

multiSampleQuality=0;

particlesQuality=2;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=5;

HDRPrecision=16;

vsync=1;

AToC=15;

cloudsQuality=4;

pipQuality=3;

dynamicLightsQuality=4;

PPAA=4;

ppSSAO=3;

ppCaustics=1;

tripleBuffering=0;

serverLongitude=-2.0999999;

serverLatitude=53.5;

ppBloom=1;

ppRotBlur=1;

ppRadialBlur=1;

ppDOF=1;

All you should need to change is what I posted. I actually never thought of going into the config file to do it :P, I always just use Steam's version which is right clicking on Arma 3, properties, and then click set launch options. I believe Play with Six, Arma3Sync and Arma Launcher have similar options. So if putting it in the config doesn't work, do it by whatever you start Arma with.

So, has the "Steam ticket check failed:" problem been fixed and maybe covered on a different post? My group had our first instance of it 4 weeks ago with a new player. Last night two more players started disconnecting with the "Steam ticket check failed:" message. Come on BIS, this problem is over a year old.

and you need realize that message covers any timeout on steam auth ... not single problem

copy and paste this into arma 3 launch parimiters in arma 3 EDcase -malloc=system -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7 -maxMem=2047 -maxVram=3071 -noBenchmark -noLogs -noPause -noSplash -world=empty

Works a treat, you still get lag spikes but there not to bad and you also dont get kicked.

This is a joke that the comunity come up with fixes for the game and the developers do nothing. Come on man fix the problems with arma3 its the best game i ever played but am turning to the competitors to see what they have to offer. :/

and you need realize that message covers any timeout on steam auth ... not single problem

To expand, this means when Arma crashes in any form and simply stops responding to the server.

The recent issue seems to be tied with the memory allocators and how Arma handles loading resources. During loading, a program will actually freeze and register as not responding when loading large resources because it literally waits and doesn't do anything while its loading. There are ways to deal with this to make it transparent to the user and computer so they don't freak out. Unfortunately, this is exactly what is happening as the program is likely loading and waiting for the server at the same time in all threads, causing the program to appear as not responding. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the issue as far as I understand it.

Edited by flyinpenguin

Damn. So many people trying to join my server get this. I feel bad for them. I have no idea how to fix it for them if it's a problem on my side as it's such a vague error. This Dwarden guy says it covers any "steam timeout auth," ...well, sort it out with steam? Maybe this "timeout" limit is too short? Are they getting hung up on downloading mission files? It's just the PBO and whatever is present within the mission at the time. Yet, how does that have anything to do with steam? Hell, most people joining my server get disconnected because of whatever. Last time it was "bad version" they were telling me, yet my server version was working for the 2 operational weeks prior. So I had to go and download a fresh server exe with whatever "new" unannounced stable version there was or whatever. Hard to keep up since the whole thread on the subject has to constantly change while the wiki doesn't. Operating information about this game seems to be thrown at a fan by the developers and we have to pick it off the walls.

Five more months go by and the multiple problems causing the "Steam ticket check failed:" disconnect have not been fixed. BIS forced Steam on us with ARMA3. Previous releases worked great. I can say so because I own multiple copies of all of them. I use three computers to create a true multi-player setup for mission testing before they go on our dedi server. Multi-player in ARMA3 has been one giant head ache for my family group of players. At this point, my recommendation to new mil-sim players is stay with ARMA2:CO and stay away from Steam.

ShadowGuy, as I already explained this message is reported when any type of auth issue happens resulting into e.g. timeout

this mean, you lose connection to steam master, your steam ticket expires or is invalid, rapid server switching can cause it too etc.

it's message provided by the steamworks API

if you want help you may try run your client (and server) with commandline parameter

-enableSteamLogs

then provide us with the .RPT logs (ideally create bug report ticket on Arma 3 Feedback tracker and post URL to it here)

I have the exact same problem where I am getting booted from my friend's server and I can't even play for 15 minutes. I have had the game for about 8 months and this is the first time this has started happening. I have tried all of the suggestions from this thread before and none of them have worked.

I have linked to you a .rar file that has the .mdmp, .bidmp, .rpt, and the dxdiag .txt file. Is there someone that can look at it and help me out with my issues. I don't know what to do and I can't even play for 15 minutes before I am booted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31n71otxmmaf0nn/Arma%203.rar?dl=0

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

please help