Shooting through Scopes etc.

Do you want that to be true? or is it already in there  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want that to be true? or is it already in there

• Yes I want it
    • No I dont want it
    • It's already in there
    • They are planning to use it

AFAIK weapons are bulletproof since ArmA1, can be annoying occasionally, though im not sure if its still the case in ArmA3.

Yes, but would they make those LODs for small proxy parts like scopes if the weapons don't even have proper penetration materials on them?

I would be surprised.

But having scopes you can shoot into is technically possible. I don't know of the LODs have the granularity needed for multiple lenses or something.

I kind of like the fact the weapon is bullet proof to some degree, especially when under a hail of fire with little cover :)

It wouldnt be anything a modder couldn't create thought right?

I kind of like the fact the weapon is bullet proof to some degree, especially when under a hail of fire with little cover :)

We need the new turn sideways, hold rifle vertically and suck in gut animation. :)

It wouldnt be anything a modder couldn't create thought right?

I guess the first step would be to see if they actually do have the special LODs (by shooting at scopes).

Then if they don't, a modder could make new scopes with them and see if they even work, but he couldn't edit the old ones.

I think I remember an addon where the unit would drop a weapon if it was hit. Can't remember what version though - ArmA 1 or 2.

Now that I watch that video again, if he had shot earlier rather than trying to be a show off they might have been able to save that guy who was bleeding to death right next to him and obviosuly in agony but no, let's wait 30 seconds until the German sniper is looking at me.

Now that I watch that video again, if he had shot earlier rather than trying to be a show off they might have been able to save that guy who was bleeding to death right next to him and obviosuly in agony but no, let's wait 30 seconds until the German sniper is looking at me.

Just like all the kids these days going for knife kills while a guy shoots up their team. :)

Yes, but would they make those LODs for small proxy parts like scopes if the weapons don't even have proper penetration materials on them?

They wont, because as this poll clearly indicates, no one cares. :)

So minor an issue or aspect of game-play that it doesn't need much mention past: "Maybe there should be a weapon damage system?"

I'm also pretty sure in the Mythbuster's episode everyone is mentioning that they tested both old and new scopes and decided that it is just about impossible with a modern scope, but the older two piece scopes was in fact possible, but highly unlikely due to sheer difficulty from circumstance, luck, and skill.

I voted "They are planning to use it" because I think it's hilarious to have that as an option in a poll ;)

Lol, I was wondering who that was. More bizarre is that someone voted "it's already in there"... :confused:

As others have said, it's not realistic and thus shouldn't be in the game. Even if it was realistic it's not something I'd want to see them spending much time on when they have so many other things to do.

Vote no, there are probably a thousands more important issues to work on than this: e.g. a functional interior of AFV that was missing since Arma1

Just like all the kids these days going for knife kills while a guy shoots up their team. :)

oh god, please never let that see the light of day in a3

but I'd believe Hathcock over forum warriors and reality TV hosts.

Maybe someone wouldn't, gotta keep that in mind as well :)

More bizarre is that someone voted "it's already in there"... :confused:

Two possibilities. That vote is from Maruk - if anyone knows it's 'in', he does. Or it's from someone mischievous who is voting disruptively because they think the whole idea is utterly ridiculous.

if you google mythbusters they did and episode and debunkt this idea as near impossable.. i vote no thanks

They wont, because as this poll clearly indicates, no one cares. :)

I don't think they would have done anything because of the poll either way. I was saying I don't think it's already in and I don't think it's planned based on my own experience.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

Two possibilities. That vote is from Maruk - if anyone knows it's 'in', he does. Or it's from someone mischievous who is voting disruptively because they think the whole idea is utterly ridiculous.

I briefly viewed the poll results and afaik, no BI staff member has voted.

Edited by Max Power

i briefly viewed the poll results and afaik, no bi staff member has voted.

its a conspiracy!!!!!11

:d

Voted no as this is a waste of development time for such a minor thing that will rarely happen.

However, shooting a weapon out of someone's hands I would support