thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

thanks man, ill create a sample mission that will be released with the pack. also bad benson is writing up a readme on how to setup the cameras etc for your own mission :) played around with it today... insane piece of work.

EDIT: ran into some mp bugs we want to fix before releasing this major update. hope we can get it knocked out by sunday night but if not expect a delay.

Edited by Thedog88

Take your time Brother!

We are all looking forward.

great morning to continue making objects right? :) made some pelican boxes, essentially any box will also serve as an actual crate. you will be able to put whatever you want into these bad boys :)

2013033100002.jpg

glowbal, at first i was, then i was like "nah", now im like "i guess i am lol". so yeah ill make ya one :P

also, decided to play around with some animations to bring the scene to life. pretty damn good results, and you can also see a sneak peak at the PIP split screen ;)

66416307.jpg

96157269.jpg

35184054.jpg

59436583.jpg

Looks fricking outstanding mate. Great work on all of this stuff. You're right, it definitely adds more ambiance with people and objects setup....gives it life and a sense of greater immersion.

thanks guys :) im really glad this is being received so friendly. my models need a bunch of work still. the textures are way too simplistic and i need to give my objects shadows. trying to figure all that stuff out still but eventually, it will have all that. anyways glowbal, have something for you :P

black pelican box added ;)

blackvd.jpg

was a simple texture change, so nothing crazy. i still need to add the code to actually get these working as crates, i had it floating around somewhere (bad benson sent it to me, that lovable piece of human) but i cant find the file i saved it in^^ epic genius lol. but yeah, hoping to release this soon :)

EDIT: so i want to introduce somebody to you guys, his name is tomy, tomy tomahawk. he likes to fly up to 2500 km to kill bad guys. im hoping to include the launch system with the mod, provided either bad benson or somebody in the community wants to pick it up. wanting to launch it from a submerged state and move on target. will be called upon from a computer back at base via mapclick and of course, live video feed from launch to target on screen. sure its possible, just gotta get with people on the coding part >>> i make models, codes not so much. that being said, thats my vision, i cant promise it will be in the mod but the tomahawk model will be.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2563/tomaq.png (339 kB)

Edited by Thedog88

more stuff to play with :yay:

made an OE-254 radio antenna and of course the bag that goes with it. hoping to add a "deploy" and "redeploy" option to the bag to throw the antenna up. hopefully one day acre will use these ^^ anyways, the antenna is a bit fatter than originally planned :( but i dont think its gamebreaking so im pretty happy with it :)

2013040100001.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/9711/2013040100002.jpg (148 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img200/6526/2013040100003.jpg (220 kB)

No we need a fully operable §d Editor to place those objects right.

I can place a Laptop on a table. But not inside a house, lol.... :D

its actually really easy to place objects in a building it just takes some trial and error.

another quick update, just something small but i need feedback. back in arma 1 they had a flag that could be hung on a wall, bringing that back and want a list of flags you guys would like to see in game. planned so far are US, German, French, Aussie, British, South korean, Japanese, finish, afghani, czech, BI interactive (lol), possibly al qaeda (having videos in mind)... other than that im not sure what others i could add. ideas? shoot ;)

2013040200001.jpg

EDIT: and yes, now you can eff off on facebook during duty hours in game >>> realism TO THE MAX!

Wow :D a danish flag would be nice :)

how dare i forget you my friend, buddy of mine would be pissed if he knew i forgot about the danish flag XD

EDIT: done ;)

2013040200002.jpg

EDIT 2: added following

US

UK

aussie

french

german

danish

finish

afghan

bohemia (n)

japanese

south korean

any more requests let me know, simple adding in extras

Edited by Thedog88

Haha xD thanks mate!

Maybe for the north koreans on here... a north korean flag? ;)

If this has already been posted, forgive me, I scanned thru the thread...

but, I can't seem to manipulate these items in the 3dEditor. I can place them, and I can delete them. But I cannot 'grab' them and move them around. If (out of ignorance) I had to take a W.A.G. at it, is it possible it's because they have no collision, as you say, just yet? But, like I said, that's just a wild assed guess.

Just wondering if it's me, or if this is a known issue. Thanks!

Edit: how rude of me. I forgot to start off by saying - nice job! This is wonderful to have all these extra items to bring worlds to life. Thank you! :)

Edited by R.Flagg

Astast sure lol.

R.flagg you cant actually pick the items up. In future updates you will be able to pick up smaller items and interact with some larger objects. But unless an additional script is made to move objects like R3f i dont think it will be possible. To manipulate them in the 2d editor its just trial and error of placing them and adjusting height and angle. Its fairly simple an i will add a video showing it in the next release, most likely.

Wow, you're a machine. A lot of amazing new things for Arma3. I'm excited about the screens in particular because I've got my RQ-11 Raven working very well in Arma3 now and will be releasing it soon (along with some fun PIP stuff). I'm not sure how to get the feed from the Raven over to your screens, but after I release it and you release your stuff, we can figure it all out.

Flag suggestion: Iran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran) and maybe the Independence Flag for Syria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_opposition)

oh dude im mega glad to hear that o.0 im making a deserthawk 3 uav for glowbal, maybe i should send you that model as well and use youre raven code. im also working on an actual control station (large tough box with screens). maybe we can get that one going with pip too

EDIT: and yea, ill add those flags for ya ;)

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

as requested i added those 2 flags feint, also added some jihad flags into it as well as a pirate flag. these are the ones in the game so far :) still open to ideas.

107410screenshots201304.jpg

and yet another update, thanks to my good friend austin all (except the predator wreck, and mag stacks) models have shadows now, and they are looking rather sexy :)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6498/2013040300008.jpg (215 kB)

i am however getting an error with some of the screens, they are clipping through everything :( hoping to get that fixed soon, could push back the release. next thing on my "to learn" list is improving the textures. austin, once again :), sent me a pdf that should help me accomplish that. after that things will just get better and better :) looking forward to the release and feedback from you guys, this project is turning out to be more and more fun and i've only released an alpha^^

UPDATE: so i finally came around to making a toughbook and it turned out really nice :) i also added a stack of money as well as a pile of money. both of these items were requested. im not sure if the toughbook will have all the same functions as the other screen (looks at bad benson with puppy eyes) but time will tell. hope you guys enjoy the screens :)

2013040400001.jpg

2013040400002.jpg

as requested i added those 2 flags feint, also added some jihad flags into it as well as a pirate flag. these are the ones in the game so far :) still open to ideas.

How about letting clans/squads/teams submit their own logos for flags, so they can make their own HQ's in-game with their flags flying overhead ? :cool:

Or a quick tutorial on how we can make them ourselves, and then submit them to you, or some situation like that.

(we did a similar thing way back when in UT2004 with our mod's spraypaint feature )

Beautiful....just fricking beautiful. I am looknig forward to using these.