Sign in to follow this  
lee1hy

BI must be provides the basic ANTI-TK system, not a script

When i open public host, it always destory by team kill and satchel terror on respwan_base, it very bad multiplayer environment

ten years later, and yet still do not understand is that there are no anti-tk system for respwan_side

this is a big problems of the ARMA3 users and the community

if multiplay system is improved it a lot of reasons to increase players and big benefit for arma3 community

An honest question; whats wrong with a script? Why doesnt an anti-TK script work?

OP is right. BIS must provide as many features as possible in the official version of the game if they want to hold the average player, and also so as to not split the community with over-modded servers (not saying those don't have a place).

Yes, they should, but this early in Alpha you shouldn't be surprised.

It is very annoying that some idiots want to spoil the game for everyone. It still only an alpha and so I am assuming some code to help stop this is not working. I remember Domination on ARMA 2 having an auto kill if you team killed in the base. In fact it would kill you if you fired a single round even if it hit anyone or not. They just need to also add code to stop satchels and nades being deployed. Should not be too hard so would imagine that Bohemia will incorporate it in full game. If not then some of the community modders are awesome and will fix it. If not then I suggest you join a clan and get to know them on public servers so you can join thier password servers for serious gameplay on the weekends!!

This topic pops up again and again and I don't understand what stops serveradmins to just permaban those fuckers?

When a driver drives over a friendly player, it is not considered as a teamkill - why not?

When I am commander in a vehicle, i get a negative score when the gunner is teamkilling?

Another example: __cur_mp.pbo

Do you know what that is? Do you know how old this leak is?

Will I still come across cheaters just playing missions with this name?

How long will we do have to deal with teamkilling?

Yes, I agree with the topicstarter, BIS need to do something against teamkilling at the respawn,

but not only relying on the 3rd party anti-cheat-tools.

well at the moment, the only 'official' multiplayer missions are "Escape from Stratis" and "Headhunters", right?

Am I posting in the wrong thread? Is this about to have to less online missions, or what?

Why don't you start to participate in the discussion that is going on here?

I have already tested anti-satchel or any heavy weapons it work perfectly but rifle ammo can fire in respwan_west,

i trying to disable firearms in respwan_west but not working well, this is very bother to me searh searh ssearch again

Make a ticket in the feedback tracker and get lots of ppl to vote it.

Although I am sick of the tks and general idiots in arma 3 the script based anti tk is fine for me. I don't agree with it been BI's problem. If they were to implement something there would just be arguments on how people think it should be done. Mirrored damage, a prison cell with some horrific music for company and all the other possibilities. With the current script versions at least the mission maker has a way of selecting the best protection scripts that fit their mission style.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I don't think BIS needs provide any anti teamkill measure. It simply isn't their problem to resolve.

The Arma games are based around the editor and creating missions and mods. It's up to the creator to design, create, then implement rules via scripting. Total freedom is what makes arma such an interesting and amazing series.

Every mission is different and requires it's own special set of rules to meet the desired concept. It's much better to create your own, or modify an existing anti team kill script created by the community. Any built in anti team kill method would simply not compare to the customization and rules you can set up via scripting.

Why not look into an anti-teamkill script, learn how it works and use that as a template to suit your own special needs.

i trying to disable firearms in respwan_west but not working well, this is very bother to me searh searh ssearch again

Try this:

player1_tk=0;this addeventhandler ["fired",{if ((_this select 0) in list plsdontkill) then {player1_tk=player1_tk+1;if (player1_tk>=3) then {hintc "OMG very bad guy";_this select 0 setdamage 1;player1_tk=0} else {hintc "No. Bad guy."};deletevehicle (_this select 6)}}] 

It disables weapons, bombs, grenades etc. Create a trigger named "plsdontkill" and set "activation" to "blufor" for west spawn zone, "opfor" for east respawn.

I didnt test it in mp, but it I think it should work.

Edited by Migebuff

A anti-TK-module, configurable from a small circle around the ammocrate or as big as the map.

With some actions like loosing ammo, loosing health, teleporting and everything evil we can think of.:y:

I don't think BIS needs provide any anti teamkill measure. It simply isn't their problem to resolve.

The Arma games are based around the editor and creating missions and mods. It's up to the creator to design, create, then implement rules via scripting. Total freedom is what makes arma such an interesting and amazing series.

Every mission is different and requires it's own special set of rules to meet the desired concept. It's much better to create your own, or modify an existing anti team kill script created by the community. Any built in anti team kill method would simply not compare to the customization and rules you can set up via scripting.

Why not look into an anti-teamkill script, learn how it works and use that as a template to suit your own special needs.

that's kinda what I was getting at. I don't think some people realize that even the TDM servers are running a custom mission

oh!! i think its work, but not show hint string, and

but why sometime work somtime not work?? single shot working but full auto can kill

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 ----------

Try this:

player1_tk=0;this addeventhandler ["fired",{if ((_this select 0) in list plsdontkill) then {player1_tk=player1_tk+1;if (player1_tk>=3) then {hintc "OMG very bad guy";_this select 0 setdamage 1;player1_tk=0} else {hintc "No. Bad guy."};deletevehicle (_this select 6)}}] 

It disables weapons, bombs, grenades etc. Create a trigger named "plsdontkill" and set "activation" to "blufor" for west spawn zone, "opfor" for east respawn.

I didnt test it in mp, but it I think it should work.

---------- Post added at 07:01 ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 ----------

Yes Is, too. however, punishiment is too weak. that hope to prevent more than anything

Edited by lee1hy

What kind of punishiment do you want? I think that showing a black screen, disabling the keyboard foreverand registering the id is enough...

From a server admin point of view. I dont want the BI engine to control who plays on my server and who doesn't.

Nor do I want it to decide how players will be punished.

Any Anti TK script should be defined in the mission by the mission maker using whatever parameters are required for that particular mission.

I don't want a coop player who accidentally crashes a helo with a squad in it to be banned/kicked or punished unless the admin decides it is the correct response

I dont want a pvp player to be penalised just because another player runs into his line of fire.

look at the bigger picture folks, its a lot bigger than some of the tunnel vision viewpoints in this thread

What kind of punishiment do you want?

The players who start at the ammocrate to kill their teammates, are idiots and should be treating like idiots.

I think that showing a black screen, disabling the keyboard forever and registering the id is enough...

[snip]showing a black screen, disabling the keyboard forever[snap]

That's a security risk. While online gaming, global keys like taskmanager have to work. Otherwise a hacker has full control over your machine. I remember that a cheater was using tricks like this (and black screen) at the players on the server.

Better to take these functions out of the multiplayer.

There is still use for these two in the singleplayer when the player should have no way to interrupt the campaign/sp-mission.

The players who start at the ammocrate to kill their teammates, are idiots and should be treating like idiots.

Well, you dind't answer to my question

From a server admin point of view. I dont want the BI engine to control who plays on my server and who doesn't.

Nor do I want it to decide how players will be punished.

Any Anti TK script should be defined in the mission by the mission maker using whatever parameters are required for that particular mission.

I don't want a coop player who accidentally crashes a helo with a squad in it to be banned/kicked or punished unless the admin decides it is the correct response

I dont want a pvp player to be penalised just because another player runs into his line of fire.

look at the bigger picture folks, its a lot bigger than some of the tunnel vision viewpoints in this thread

Understandable point of view.

My suggestion was a Anti-TK-module. The benefit of a module from BIS is, that it is availlable in the editor. In online gaming, the module is configurable at mission startup. In my imagination the server admin can set at startup some punishments for teamkillers (or random actions).

I can understand when a player accidently attacks another players from his own side. From the uniforms, it is hard to tell which side the player belongs to. Let's say you want to give new players a second chance:

The first shot can pass and hit another friendly unit (but can't kill), the newb will be warned, more rounds will not hit this player again and can't kill him.

Fire a weapon at friendly units nearby the ammocrate - friendly player gets wounded (but never killed) - switch teamkiller to enemy side - put all of his weapons back in the ammocrate - and wait what the now wounded Player does...

Abusing a At-Launcher, AA-Launcher, satchel or mines: Suddenly small explosion - teamkiller dead - problem solved.

Pull the trigger at a friendly unit - Jammed weapon - info the player - Player must fix the weapon (menu) - aim again on friendly units - looses all ammo - receive warning - [configurable (random) action]

Here are two more major disadvantages in the ArmA-series:

1. That's how it actually is:

When a teamplayer killed friendly units, he still can enter friendly vehicles like helicopters. As a side effect, all other players are running around their friendly chopper like dummies and can not get in. All good for the one teamkiller. Bad for all the other normal players, mission f*cked up, Thank you, Bohemia.

This is a Gamebreaker, not only a bug. This is exactly the opposite of how it is supposed to be. It is a unbelievable failure in the game logic. You can not use 3rd party Apps like BattlEye or userscripts to fix things like these.

Proposal:

Certainly, it's the teamkiller who has to be left outside. When one player has already killed a friendly unit, he turns to enemy side (or whatever) and can not enter the same vehicle like the other players again. That one teamkiller have to put the equipment and the weapons down. Or Teamkiller, take a walk.

2. When the "normal" player kills a teamkiller, let it be in defense or protective, you will get punished for that.

Proposal:

Let's say teamkillers are switched to a "neutral" (undeceived?) party. If one teammate is going to kill the teamkiller, there will be no negative score (Or kick/ban) for that. On the other hand, if the teamkill was accidently, the teamkiller can still get a transport in a friendly vehicle.

Edit:

I was just trying to play a A3-multiplayer mission, when there was playernames with all blank spaces.

All of these little things makes it unnecessary hard.

Edited by Mirudes

Hello there

I would like to see Anti TK scripts left to the mission makers, BUT also a module for those who want to make host basic missions but don't have the scripting know how.

A module with a basic config to give some variation and choice is all that would be required.

But on the whole, i don't think Tking should be a BI issue.

Rgds

LoK

It seems so that player names like "Administrator" and "System" are security risks.

Bohemia Interactive Studios, can you fix this in ArmA3, please?