Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

The "No explosives" rules aren't dumb, they make things much better.
This was important even as 'far' back as Battlefield 3, a basically game-changer even if you were just up to 64-player OpMetro shenanigans.

By dumb I would say, no dmr, no sniper, no rpg on infantry. Those are the rules that seems really annoying for me.

If you at least set a maximum amount of sniper available, I really don't mind.

This was important even as 'far' back as Battlefield 3, a basically game-changer even if you were just up to 64-player OpMetro shenanigans.

Even further back with battlefield two, as a dedicated armor crewmen those jihad buggies were my worst enemy and the only thing that could make me panic...damn you specops!

About the chickens running around, used to be we'd have squads of six peoples moving in various fashions be it flanking, supporting vehicles in a "parade" and so on, but DICE (or someone) decided that six was just too many and could tip the scales too much so they went down to four man squads with no ingame VOIP (which plays a big role in it) and (at least when I played) no spawning on your officer anymore.

It also didn't help that the maps became more restricted in movement space so you can't spend five minutes hiking on a trail, seeing no action but winding up infiltrating the enemy main base, capping their flag and taking their helo, creating a flanking position for your team (I'm looking at you mashtuur and dragon valley)

Edited by NodUnit

to start: i never play on servers that don't inflict some kind of rules. The explosion part is stupid, unless is metro or similar (which doesn't bother me either way since i don't play it). I don't play the sniper role, even when i play recon class. That said, i mostly play on rush servers, and without a sniper rule, everyone on attack is playing as a sniper, which is fucking retardo, and breaks the game for everyone else anyways. (i mostly play on LSD servers, i never play pilot since i can't get my joystick on and off all the time). I really don't get the love for snipers rifles either way.

@ the guy bitching about:

1. i can't really take serious anyone playing on normal level where you get replay camera as well as 1 mag health, as well as red dots on top of enemy players.

2. some points are fair: there should be a lot more server side options to remove or restrict anything from sniper rifles, to dmrs, airburst, mortar etc.

3. In practice, some things are a bit too easy: from the Javelines, to the mortar to the mobile spawn points (in my mind there should be no way to airdrop from the spawn point position).

@nod:

1. I used to play quite a lot of BF2, so i know what you are talking about

2. Squads for BF4 are 5 men this time around (vs 4 for bfbc and bf3). It is better for teamplay, if there is teamplay.

3. One single squad on TS playing properly can still turn the entire thing around.

Five is better but having to be on teamspeak isn't very encouraging to teamwork ethics in the core game.

I doubt most strangers you group up with are going to be willing to drop everything and type in a server for teamspeak, quick as it would be, its just not as efficient and encouraging as *join squad* "Hey folks" since a LOT of that teamwork evolves around communication and the majority aren't likely to be looking in chat, hell they didn't even notice people running around them most of the time yelling "I need a medic!" "I need ammo!" "Running low on ammo!"

I don't believe commander mode should be taken out..maybe I'm just biased because I loved to fill that spot and help my team.

Commander is still very much viable in this game. Just not a lot of people want to use it since you can't shoot :/

1. i can't really take serious anyone playing on normal level where you get replay camera as well as 1 mag health, as well as red dots on top of enemy players.

I know, I prefer HC also and cant really play on normal mode but the fact is game is being developed and balanced for normal mode. Hardcore is just an option.

the fact is game is being developed and balanced for normal mode. Hardcore is just an option.
Obvious but it still bears repeating.

Five is better but having to be on teamspeak isn't very encouraging to teamwork ethics in the core game.

I doubt most strangers you group up with are going to be willing to drop everything and type in a server for teamspeak, quick as it would be, its just not as efficient and encouraging as *join squad* "Hey folks" since a LOT of that teamwork evolves around communication and the majority aren't likely to be looking in chat, hell they didn't even notice people running around them most of the time yelling "I need a medic!" "I need ammo!" "Running low on ammo!"

I don't believe commander mode should be taken out..maybe I'm just biased because I loved to fill that spot and help my team.

The ingame VON works quite good, until there is a screaming kid about. Since the last encounter i have it off.

The chat is missing vehicle though, and you can't scroll through it anyways.

commander can be played even on ipad this time...

The ingame VON works quite good, until there is a screaming kid about. Since the last encounter i have it off.

The chat is missing vehicle though, and you can't scroll through it anyways.

commander can be played even on ipad this time...

Thats why I have VON off all the time. Vehicle chat would be great though, especially in attack helicopters.

Of course it would be a Sniper Rifle :p (Unless it isn't the one I think it is)

Dice really need to stop wacking it to 'Recon'.

Such an OP & overused class. The fact that it can use C4 and the Engineer class can't is still one of my favourite decisions.

Final stand wallpaper

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/prod/61d099d23fe104fe673091d470c96970/en_US/blog/en/files/2014/09/final_stand_key_art.jpg?v=1410278668.02

Battlelog

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/the-final-stand/

Final stand maps will be rotated in the BF4 CTE starting today.

2143 is coming.......

Edited by jblackrupert

Here is some gameplay

Judging by official trailer, this new maps actually look good. Although that snowy one will probably be sniper heaven.

Here is some gameplay

Judging by official trailer, this new maps actually look good. Although that snowy one will probably be sniper heaven.

ROFLMFAO, just what this game needs - another sniper weapon (and a stupidly overpowered one as an added bonus) /sarcasm off.

ROFLMFAO, just what this game needs - another sniper weapon (and a stupidly overpowered one as an added bonus) /sarcasm off.

It's a battlepickup, has a 4 second reload and I think 7 rounds. like all new weapons they start out OP and then get a big nerf at the next patch.

In other news, Levelca$h is back on the EA Ronku gravy train, all excited about more gadgets and weapons a week after whining they should all be removed.

New map is great, big and flags are a good distance apart. Bridges, hills, tunnels, forests, large indoor multilevel structures.

Not too many vehicles.

If you have Premium dowload the CTE, it's only 14gigs

http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4

They've also greatly increased the ceiling for aircraft, so dogfights are a lot better, planes are focused on other planes

with less concentration on ground pounding.

As for the Railgun....... it's a pussycat compared to the SC-42.

http://www.gfycat.com/UnevenNauticalBluemorphobutterfly

Edited by jblackrupert

Don't forget to install SweetFX to get way better looking visuals.

32Bit: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381912

64Bit: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604&postcount=528

The 64bit version has a folder called "SweetFX_x64" You need to cut/paste the files from in there to the main folder and overright 32bit files.

Presets are much better then the default settings

Presets for BF4 (other games available also)

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/280/

Check the "SweetFX readme.txt" for installing preset, it's a simple change in a text file.

You WILL NOT be banned from games using SweetFX, DICE, Punkbuster and VAC have all confirmed SweetFX is allowed.

Watch in 4K for the best quality, 4K Youtube video even on a 1080p monitor looks better. closer to what you'll see in game.

Edited by jblackrupert

Don't forget to install SweetFX to get way better looking visuals.

You WILL NOT be banned from games using SweetFX, DICE, Punkbuster and VAC have all confirmed SweetFX is allowed.

Thanks for this, thought it was not allowed, use it a decent amount in other games, will give it a try.

Thanks for this, thought it was not allowed, use it a decent amount in other games, will give it a try.

There was a third party app that tweaked colours, applied AA and removed the blue tint, but it also allowed you to modify weapon and vehicle values to hack also.

That was what was causing the bans, hackers of course played their usual game of blaming another innocent program in an attempt to have their bans overturned.

You can't use SweetFX to make other players or vehicles stick out, the effects are applied full screen and nothing is injected.

The big patch from CTE is out now.

1.16GB.

You may need to restart Origin to get it to start.

They changed the damage model.

Supposedly it requires 1 extra bullet to kill people 9 meters and under but playing the CTE my experience was

any gun under 750RPM is completely useless against anyone using the Defensive perk and a higher ROF gun.

You can shoot the living hell out of someone but they won't die and can easily snap around and pop you with 4-5 shots.

Haven't played with the patch yet.

Edit: Just tried the patch..... BF4 is now worse then ever.

Now getting a glorious 6-20FPS.. and a bunch of bugs are still there.

Wonder how long it takes before EA pulls the plug on funding these so called fixes.

Edited by jblackrupert

@jblackrupert:

"You WILL NOT be banned from games using SweetFX, DICE, Punkbuster and VAC have all confirmed SweetFX is allowed."

Can you provide the link to confirm that?

A ban for using this is a serious thing.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

This links have a serious warn against this color modification:

DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod

PC Gamer notes that DICE's Gustav Halling tweets his disapproval of a modification for Battlefield 3 that adds a little more color to the arguably drab environments in DICE's military shooter sequel. In addition to expressing the opinion that it is "to [sic] colorful," the Battlefield 3 gameplay designer also warns that this could get players permanently banned, adding "The hack is not only a 'brightness modifier', its a proper cheat." Thanks Joao.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=135706