Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

I play Hardcore almost exclusively with kill messages off, the chat box displayed only when someone types something the the hud shrunk to the smallest settings.

The problem with HC in BF4 is there are way too many idiots jumping in front of fire and then punishing even though is was their fault

the chat box on some servers is a continuous stream of "!Punish......!Punish.....!Punish"

BF3 didn't have nearly as many people doing that.

BF3 didn't have nearly as many people doing that.

Speaking of HC mode, you've just reminded me of this video:

Hmm..at the start of this thread, it seemed as if everyone was taking the piss at BF4. How it is barely any change from Battlefield 3, that its glitchy, poor details, EA/DICE being money grabbers..(Yeah I read quite some pages)

Now, the last few pages seem to go more about BF4 in-game problems, bugs, hardcore modes etc.

It seems as if most of the people that were quite negative towards BF4, actually did spend their money and bought the game..quite a few hypocrites out here.

Just felt like I needed to say that...

Hmm..at the start of this thread, it seemed as if everyone was taking the piss at BF4. How it is barely any change from Battlefield 3, that its glitchy, poor details, EA/DICE being money grabbers..(Yeah I read quite some pages)

Now, the last few pages seem to go more about BF4 in-game problems, bugs, hardcore modes etc.

It seems as if most of the people that were quite negative towards BF4, actually did spend their money and bought the game..quite a few hypocrites out here.

Just felt like I needed to say that...

I bought the game based on the Beta which was actually pretty damn awesome despite the crashes

and lock on RPG's which was temporary.

The fact that there were less weapons, gadgets and vehicles available made it a lot of fun compared to now.

Ignoring the "Netcode" and bugs the main problem I have with BF4 is the weapon, gadget and vehicle overload.

There is no way in hell DICE is ever going to balance all of them.

The reason they added so many weapons, gadgets and vehicles is so EA can sell those overpriced unlock shortcuts.

In a perfect world, DICE would just separate from EA and focus on making real battlefield games.

I'm sure a independent DICE could probably score millions of dollars to develop the games we really want

through kickstarter.

Edited by jblackrupert

I bought the game based on the Beta which was actually pretty damn awesome despite the crashes

and lock on RPG's which was temporary.

The fact that there were less weapons, gadgets and vehicles available made it a lot of fun compared to now.

Ignoring the "Netcode" and bugs the main problem I have with BF4 is the weapon, gadget and vehicle overload.

There is no way in hell DICE is ever going to balance all of them.

The reason they added so many weapons, gadgets and vehicles is so EA can sell those overpriced unlock shortcuts.

In a perfect world, DICE would just separate from EA and focus on making real battlefield games.

Right...it is nowhere close to the good ol' Battlefields up to 2142 (although I never got to play 2142, only BF2)..and compare it to BF3 there ain't too much of a difference..

Now I'm not sure if that were your arguments, or partially someone elses, but why did you buy the game? I believe there is no VOIP either.

I know, because of my friends, that a reason to buy the game is to 'go with the flow', influence from your friends to buy the game, et cetera. Is that what happened?

I feel among the few that have actually not bought BF4 due to the very reasons described early into the thread, I might be mistaken though.

Right...it is nowhere close to the good ol' Battlefields up to 2142 (although I never got to play 2142, only BF2)..and compare it to BF3 there ain't too much of a difference..

Now I'm not sure if that were your arguments, or partially someone elses, but why did you buy the game? I believe there is no VOIP either.

I know, because of my friends, that a reason to buy the game is to 'go with the flow', influence from your friends to buy the game, et cetera. Is that what happened?

I feel among the few that have actually not bought BF4 due to the very reasons described early into the thread, I might be mistaken though.

2142 was by far the most balanced of all the Battlefields, the kits made sense, the unlock tree made complete sense and it wasn't a grind.

even DICE admits that it was the the one were the hit near perfection. Titan mode, Hands down the best mode ever......

You should buy it on Origin, it's getting patched so that people can still play once Gamespy goes down.

My reasons are my own, Too much crap added for the sole purpose of selling it to the COD crowd and unlock packs on Origin.

There is VOIP in BF4, You can speak to your squad mates. It all depends on the crowd you are playing with if it gets used.

The Beta was awesome even with the crashes.

The mistake I made was not doing any real research into how many weapons and gadgets they were adding to the full game

otherwise I would have waited a few months and seen how things played out.

Either way I would still have bought it once the price came way down because the Engine is freaking amazing to play around with.

EA just needs to keep their grubby hands off it and let the developers do their thing.

Edited by jblackrupert

Either way I would still have bought it once the price came way down
I got mine when GameStop did a Black Friday-only deal on it for $25+tax.

Someone bought mine for me luckily, and when i succumbed to premium i got it on cjs keys, it was £18.99 instead of £40 origin was asking for....

I got mine when GameStop did a Black Friday-only deal on it for $25+tax.

I preordered a DVD copy that came with a steelbook at Futureshop.

Showed up at midnight to pick it up and there were only 8 people there

and only 3 of us were there for BF4.

I'm a proud member of the $110+Tax master race :D

I confess to buying Medal of Honor: Warfighter for $29 just to see what all the hate was about.

According to Battlelog I've got 2 hours and 24 minutes logged... That was too long.

Edited by jblackrupert

In retrospect MOH: WF is interesting both as an example of "infantry-only/centric Frostbite" (in which sense it was closer to COD than BF4 was), and how to undercut a franchise enough to kill it in essentially one (technically the second) installment. Personally I just played part of the SP campaign on a PS3 during a rental, never tried MP.

In retrospect MOH: WF is interesting both as an example of "infantry-only/centric Frostbite" (in which sense it was closer to COD than BF4 was), and how to undercut a franchise enough to kill it in essentially one (technically the second) installment. Personally I just played part of the SP campaign on a PS3 during a rental, never tried MP.

I liked the fireteam element, that was about it.

You can't even tell it's the Frostbite engine.

the game was clearly dumped long before it was finished.

Reinstalling it now just for a laugh.

I liked the fireteam element, that was about it.

You can't even tell it's the Frostbite engine.

the game was clearly dumped long before it was finished.

I'd dare argue that it was dumped the moment that EA announced the inclusion of the BF4 beta, signalling the 'rank' of the two franchises.

Oh gosh, so they too have jumped aboard the "dev branch"/Public Test Realm (WoW term)/Tribble test server (Star Trek Online) bandwagon...?

The next BF will be available as early access, mark my words. (Although one might argue that it is already the case with this one.)

The next BF will be available as early access, mark my words. (Although one might argue that it is already the case with this one.)
Truthbetold, especially with the tendency toward "game of the year edition" bundles (including BF3 Premium Edition and the inevitable BF4 Premium Edition) and post-launch patching, one could also stretch that to argue that buying any game at launch is this... other than games tending to go down in price, not up, as time goes on... although for franchises there's unofficially the spectre of "get in on the MP scene while it's still there!" (i.e. trying to get ANY MP match going in any Assassin's Creed other than IV and the upcoming Unity)... no idea how much this is the case for BF3 on console. Edited by Chortles

And some lovely new gadgets to make things even more of a griefing clusterf#$ on indoor maps.
Ballistic shields for preventing your teammates from getting through doors (As if it ain't bad enough now) and yet another annoying bot but this time with a gun AND grenade launcher.

Dragon's Teeth is a city map DLC.

Edited by jblackrupert

And again I have to note that even BF has waaay more very well modeled weapons and vehicels than Arma 3. You remember when we could use "Just look at all this stuff" as argument to get our friends to buy Arma 2?

While this game is broken and buggy, I still have fun playing this game on PS4.

My guilty pleasure: Playing on Operation Metro. :j:

And again I have to note that even BF has waaay more very well modeled weapons and vehicels than Arma 3. You remember when we could use "Just look at all this stuff" as argument to get our friends to buy Arma 2?

Yeah, BF3 and especially 4 has the best quality regarding weapons and its animations by far. Nothing can compare to it really, just as it cant compare with its budget though.

BF4 was probably the first game to implement reloading in stages. I.E. if you put in new magazine, cancel reloading and switch back to the weapon it doesnt insert same magazine again. It just cocks the gun if necessary. Things like that take a lot of work I imagine.

Edited by Janez

Yeah, BF3 and especially 4 has the best quality regarding weapons and its animations by far. Nothing can compare to it really, just as it cant compare with its budget though.

BF4 was probably the first game to implement reloading in stages. I.E. if you put in new magazine, cancel reloading and switch back to the weapon it doesnt insert same magazine again. It just cocks the gun if necessary. Things like that take a lot of work I imagine.

Yeah but when it came to unique vehicels then Arma was always the game with the most stuff, well not anymore.

The Community Test Environment is open again

https://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/

The CTE client is 15GB.

Once you join you may need to refresh your games in Origin to see the CTE client.

Even if you are not interested in testing, there is a seperate forum you can read to see what's going on

DICE is there having open discussions about the game and ongoing fixes.

Edited by jblackrupert