Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Battlefield 4

Must be one hell of a issue for them to delay the release.

Stay tuned for bipod and 40x scope unlocks for all pistols for premium users.

Ha yeah. I imagine its something game breaking Like CTD or loophole players can exploit ect? Which one would assume those are the first bases you would cover....

Battlefield 4 shipped with "dirt all over it," says Oddworld creator

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-4-shipped-with-dirt-all-over-it-says-oddworld-creator/1100-6418527/

Status update for Xbox One March 25 game update

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493893418736/

Edited by jblackrupert

A the end

brushed aside a question about Battlefield 4 not being tested before release, saying more than 10,000 people beta tested the game

Surely that makes it even more deplorable.

Quality is their number one priority!...LOL!

They must be living in a cave to say that... the killcam is broken, netcode is damn bad, etc :)

I still enjoy the game but I can't play it more than a hour.

Ha brilliant

Video is too long but makes some good points. Edited by jblackrupert

Developers just don´t care anymore and they do this because they know they can get away with it.

Developers just don´t care anymore and they do this because they know they can get away with it.

image.png

As long as people keep paying, this kind of bullshit will keep happening.

Steam is a g'damned disaster area now with 'early access' rubbish all over the place and no recourse for buyers.

PC gaming and the people involved in developing it are the diametric opposite of what they used to be.

Yeah steam store has become saturated with a lot of crap, load of IOS ports and silly greenlit early access madness, granted some are very promising but definitely not all.

ps Naval Strike be out mateys.

pps on the subject of industry:

Edited by Jeza

It´s fucking disgracefull what has become of that industry. Sure it was always aimed at making money, but one decade ago the generall understanding was that if you make good games, people will buy them and be happy. Today it is all about ripping off your customers, lying to them, minimizing work and effort put into the product, avoiding the backlash, and still somehow making your customers pay for the next game, usually by blaming the publisher so that the people feel sorry for the devs or simply by promsing that the next game will be better and hyping the shit out of it.

This trend will continue until enough people are really pissed off and demand consumer rights to return shitty games and some judge grants that right. And the sooner that happens the better.

Ssdly most of the "victims" are minors and can´t take something to court.

Sadly the gaming industry is the industry with one of the lowest consumer rights standarts, maybe it is the lowest. And only because right now game Devs and publishers can get away with pretty much anything.

Just take a look at the new games and soon on Steam Tabs in the Steamstore. Many of those games are in fact really old. Watch this to understand what it is about.

tonci87 exactly what i suggested to Valve long time ago :) tho i wanted also Early Access tickbox ;)

tonci87 exactly what i suggested to Valve long time ago :) tho i wanted also Early Access tickbox ;)

It is a very good idea. IMHO old rereleased titels shouldn´t get so much free advertising, new games need that much more.

It´s fucking disgracefull what has become of that industry. Sure it was always aimed at making money, but one decade ago the generall understanding was that if you make good games, people will buy them and be happy. Today it is all about ripping off your customers, lying to them, minimizing work and effort put into the product, avoiding the backlash, and still somehow making your customers pay for the next game, usually by blaming the publisher so that the people feel sorry for the devs or simply by promsing that the next game will be better and hyping the shit out of it.

This trend will continue until enough people are really pissed off and demand consumer rights to return shitty games and some judge grants that right. And the sooner that happens the better.

Sadly the gaming industry is the industry with one of the lowest consumer rights standarts, maybe it is the lowest. And only because right now game Devs and publishers can get away with pretty much anything.

Just take a look at the new games and soon on Steam Tabs in the Steamstore. Many of those games are in fact really old. Watch this to understand what it is about.

Uh... what. Shitty consumer rights?

I agree many titles last year came out buggy and incomplete. So what though?

It’s our job as gamers to scan Metacritic user scores before we buy games. If you buy a crappy game nowadays that’s your fault.

It is bull that games such as Diablo 3 sold as much as it did however it’s not the devs’ fault.

Video gamers have great rights. Most of us are tech-savvy so the user ratings as low as 1.9 (Call of Duty: Ghosts, PC) don’t go unnoticed and there is significant debate online.

Many stores will also take back crappy physical games, or you can sell console games back to the store or sell them online easily.

Sure, there’s no universal guarantee that you’ll have your money back for a shitty game but there’s nothing of the sort for movies, music or books either.

Not sure what you’re getting at here.

Autumn 2013 was an all-time low with ARMA3, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Total War: Rome II and the online component of GTAV coming out as buggy, incomplete messes but I believe there has been a significant backlash too.

If a game is shitty don’t pay for it… if you bought a shitty games that’s your fault and if you were somehow tricked into buying a video game there’s not much I can say really. Go on the internet, trashtalk the devs… cry about it.

I'm not sure anyone was ever taken to court for making a shitty movie.

Edit: okay so the vid up there is about cash cow games (Dungeon Keeper).

All I can say is games like Dungeon Keeper aren't doing anything wrong. Asking a few dollars for a subjectively good gaming experience isn't any different from asking a lot of dollars for another.

Devs aiming to squeeze money out of the Wii/App generation of older gamers with the gaming experience of a 13 year old is crappy though if the audience is entertained it's no sin.

What we're seeing I believe is only a transient issue. Currently the amount if gamers is growing more than ever so naturally there's a lot of unexperienced users that will settle for less.

In time everyone will grow more experienced and games will have to start developing depth to stay competitive again.

What hardcore devs should do to stay in business is to appeal to the casual audience and that's exactly what we're seeing.

Meanwhile what we should do is spread the word of Metacritic user ratings, make sure everyone are informed about gaming and wait for everyone to mature in their tastes.

All in all I don't see much of an issue. I doubt children are spending more money on cash cows today than we spent on games back in the day. Maybe even less.

The issue is in who's getting the money I suppose and that their best interest is to create games for the casuals and not us. All we can do is do our part and maybe we'll see hardcore devs make decent, casual-friendly games to stay afloat.

What we're seeing isn't really exclusive to the video game industry... more like what we are seeing is industry.

Edited by Sneakson

Another gaming crash coming?

The ancient games flooding Steam have been pissing me off to no end, many of them are mislabeled as being a recent release which can be confused for "Retro" style looking games

and then some are completely incompatible with OS's above XP and Widescreen monitors or broken.

Thankfully Totalbiscuit made a video about because I got nothing but attacks on Steam simply asking them to label the games properly and put them in their own category.

Log for the latest patch (March 31)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065227487387474/last/

At this point I'm less concerned with the specifics of the patchnotes and balance changes than with how many of these changes actually took hold...

At this point I'm less concerned with the specifics of the patchnotes and balance changes than with how many of these changes actually took hold...

They claimed to have fixed the packet loss..... for the second time.

The issue that I and a lot of people are seeing getting worse with each patch is the invisible players.

someone from DICE responded to a post about it on Battlelog saying they are investigating it.

It went from 1 or 2 invisible players to entire squads now.

What's worse are the useful idiot apologists who endlessly defend this type of behavior (the Steam forums are overrun with them).

Steam needs an enema (and an option to filter out all 'Early Access' content).

In much the same way as the 'Cash shops' and 'Card games' are used in MMOs, 'Early Access' preys on people with weak impulse control and due to the fact that there is absolutely no quality control, oversight or recourse, devs can be extremely misleading in the way that they market their 'games'.

As I said before, when EA has a better refund policy than you do, be worried.

I've read that the reason Steam doesn't like to give refunds is because when you pay for a game, the developer/publisher gets their money immediately, making it difficult for Steam to recoup losses.

The simple solution to that is to do what Amazon does with sellers and hold the money for a short period of time before dispersing it.

I like EA's 'Great Game Guarantee' and I am staggered that EA actually came up with it. Having had the opportunity to take advantage of it I can say that every online storefront should have a similar policy in effect.

We have every right to recourse if what is being sold is not fit for purpose and while 'caveat emptor' is a valid argument to a point, it does not excuse developers for delivering a product that is not fit for purpose and it is not 'carte blanche' for digital storefronts such as Steam to behave like they are operating in the wild west.

It is nice to see TB et al shining a bright light on this sort of crap and we can only hope it will bring about some changes.

Edited by BangTail

Are you that surprised when Steam's very business model specifically aims at "weak impulse control" a lot of the time?

As far as Early Access though, my rule is to treat every Early Access game as being at risk of never being more than what's currently advertised, and decide whether or not the current price is acceptable for a game in currently advertised state. (i.e. "I paid $33 for Arma 3 as it was in the alpha, everything else after that was just a bonus!")

Another gaming crash coming?

The ancient games flooding Steam have been pissing me off to no end, many of them are mislabeled as being a recent release which can be confused for "Retro" style looking games

and then some are completely incompatible with OS's above XP and Widescreen monitors or broken.

Thankfully Totalbiscuit made a video about because I got nothing but attacks on Steam simply asking them to label the games properly and put them in their own category.

Log for the latest patch (March 31)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065227487387474/last/

Another gaming crash is unlikely when the industry is bigger than ever and growing quicker than ever.

What's worse are the useful idiot apologists who endlessly defend this type of behavior (the Steam forums are overrun with them).

Steam needs an enema (and an option to filter out all 'Early Access' content).

In much the same way as the 'Cash shops' and 'Card games' are used in MMOs, 'Early Access' preys on people with weak impulse control and due to the fact that there is absolutely no quality control, oversight or recourse, devs can be extremely misleading in the way that they market their 'games'.

As I said before, when EA has a better refund policy than you do, be worried.

I've read that the reason Steam doesn't like to give refunds is because when you pay for a game, the developer/publisher gets their money immediately, making it difficult for Steam to recoup losses.

The simple solution to that is to do what Amazon does with sellers and hold the money for a short period of time before dispersing it.

I like EA's 'Great Game Guarantee' and I am staggered that EA actually came up with it. Having had the opportunity to take advantage of it I can say that every online storefront should have a similar policy in effect.

We have every right to recourse if what is being sold is not fit for purpose and while 'caveat emptor' is a valid argument to a point, it does not excuse developers for delivering a product that is not fit for purpose and it is not 'carte blanche' for digital storefronts such as Steam to behave like they are operating in the wild west.

It is nice to see TB et al shining a bright light on this sort of crap and we can only hope it will bring about some changes.

Blew my f**king mind when it happened.

"The new Origin Great Game Guarantee works like this: You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund--within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from when you purchased it, or within the first seven days after the game's release date if you pre-ordered it (whichever of these conditions happens first)."

We must have jumped to a parallel universe.

I believe a similar guarantee across all services would be wonderful. It basically states that if a game fails to entertain a customer for 24 hours it's not worth any amount of money.

However, 24 hours is very generous IMHO. I believe there is a good chance of abuse especially by achievement hunters targeting games that can be beat in less than a day.

If I was EA I'd make the guarantee after launch based on how long the developers themselves claim the game to be and maybe make it half that topping off at 24 hours... if an intelligence/statistics team can show signs of abuse.

Maybe the ESRB or some similar body could start rating game length based on a test team trying different playstyles for all games shorter than 24 hours, then again playtime is extremely subjective at least in theory.

Or maybe a much better method would be to investigate users that demand refunds often and not give worse rights to everyone if the abusers are few.

Oh, maybe they should cap the refunds at 1/month and 12/year... or maybe even less.

I'm all for deals like that though. Maybe free refunds for games with a Metacritic user rating less than 5 too? :p Now I'm dreaming.

Edited by Sneakson

As much as I like to bash EA, their refund policy is extremely generous! I would be very happy if Steam would introduce a "you may return the game within 6 hours from the first launch" thing.

As much as I like to bash EA, their refund policy is extremely generous! I would be very happy if Steam would introduce a "you may return the game within 6 hours from the first launch" thing.
That's a nonstarter when COD campaigns can be cleared in about that time and MGS5: Ground Zeroes can be S-ranked in under twenty minutes.