tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

My VAS comes up without any text in the GUI. I can add weapons etc. but its no text.

Suggestions? I've tried older and newest version

edit: for the record. I have the string.xml thing in the mission folder

Edited by Saetheer

tonic are you planing on an option to drag items into a specific part of your clothes so when you load it the next time it's where it needs to be? what I mean is, I'd like to have medkits only in my uniform and magazines only in my vest.

Hi there,

Is there any way to restrict the content of ammo box to one side only (BLUE, OPFOR, etc.) ? I've searched through the config files but apart from listing all items individually I've not found anything looking like a global filter.

thanks a lot and keep up your wonderful job !

Hi there,

Is there any way to restrict the content of ammo box to one side only (BLUE, OPFOR, etc.) ? I've searched through the config files but apart from listing all items individually I've not found anything looking like a global filter.

This would be a great feature to have :)

Gents,

with VAS 2.2 i have an old issue again... a have 4 grenades in my uniform and when i load that load-out i can't throw them, they also not showing up in the top-right cornder

any tips?

Hi there,

Couldn't this in theory speed up the load time of boxes based on the item's attributed side? I think its a great idea regardless.

Is VAS really compatibleclass aware?

Cause it hangs on R3F mod which uses this new class.

Attachments do not work with this mod and other scopes mod.

It works through the BIS inventory.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance

Couldn't this in theory speed up the load time of boxes based on the item's attributed side? I think its a great idea regardless.

Last I checked anything in CfgWeapons doesn't have a side indicator and regardless it won't speed it up because no matter what VAS has to go through the entire CfgWeapons, I have yet to see or find a way to search specific areas of it (Rifles, etc).

Is VAS really compatibleclass aware?

Cause it hangs on R3F mod which uses this new class.

Attachments do not work with this mod and other scopes mod.

It works through the BIS inventory.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance

It should be, when I tested it I tested it with the Rails system by Robalo and he was the one that sent the code for working with it dynamically it was working but I never tested it with anything else. Whenever I get some time I will take a look. Does it have problems with any other addon that uses it?

Last I checked anything in CfgWeapons doesn't have a side indicator and regardless it won't speed it up because no matter what VAS has to go through the entire CfgWeapons, I have yet to see or find a way to search specific areas of it (Rifles, etc).

It should be, when I tested it I tested it with the Rails system by Robalo and he was the one that sent the code for working with it dynamically it was working but I never tested it with anything else. Whenever I get some time I will take a look. Does it have problems with any other addon that uses it?

Hi Tonic,

if it can help :

Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/PAPA_BEAR/

Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/AirBase/

Updating base class thingX->FloatingStructure_F, by a3\structures_f_epb\civ\camping\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Camping_Light_F/

Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCapture/controls/TimeLines/

Updating base class RscControlsGroup->RscControlsGroupNoScrollbars, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/ModIcons/

Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/IconPicture/

Updating base class RscListBox->RscCombo, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCustomizeController/Steepness/

Updating base class ->RscStandardDisplay, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/

Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonOK/

Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFileSelectImage/controls/OverviewPicture/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFieldManual/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMission/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonOK/

Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class ->RscSubmenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscMainMenu/

Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscCallSupport/Items/

Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscRadio/Items/

Cannot update non class from class r3f_armes_c\config.bin/CowsSlot/compatibleItems/

Cannot update non class from class r3f_armes_c\config.bin/PointerSlot/compatibleItems/

Hey tonic.

I'm editing a mission for my clan.

I'm trying to get rid of the menu you've supposedly written and/or included into the VAS system which caps your draw distance at 1600 and is only changable via the scroll wheel menu choice with the three sliders.

I'd appriciate it if you could help me by telling me where it is and what I need to delete in order to get rid of that particular part and not the whole VAS system.

Hey I really liked using this in other peoples missions (great work!) and figured I would have a go at putting it into my own. I just copied the example mission into my missions folder and tried to preview it. Upon opening the virtual ammmobox for the first time I get the message

No entry "C:\Users\Ben\documents\Arma 3\missions\gear_test.Stratis\description.ext/Vas_Diag/controls/gundetails/ListScrollBar"

And I notice that the scroll bar in the vas menu is blank. Also when I try dragging an item into my inventory I get the message

'(.this|#| +1) call VAS_fnc_quickAddDrag'
Error Generic error in expression

Other wise it works as expected.

I have used other peoples' missions with VAS without these errors so I must be doing something wrong. Would you have an idea what? All I did was copy the "gear_test.Stratis" file from the download into my user missions, loaded it up in editor and previewed. I am using dev branch.

This is also happening to me. I am also using dev branch version.

Hey tonic.

I'm editing a mission for my clan.

I'm trying to get rid of the menu you've supposedly written and/or included into the VAS system which caps your draw distance at 1600 and is only changable via the scroll wheel menu choice with the three sliders.

I'd appriciate it if you could help me by telling me where it is and what I need to delete in order to get rid of that particular part and not the whole VAS system.

That is TAW View Distance Script (taw_vd) and isn't included with the 2.2 release so I really don't get your question :\

This has been probably asked, answered, and beaten to death a dozen times and some change over and I've most likely missed it while skim-reading through every page of this thread. In a custom mission that I've built, players that have joined once the mission was already in progress cannot see the option under the scroll wheel menu for Virtual Ammobox. If I wait for everyone to slot in and ready up before launching the mission, there are no issues. I'm assuming its probably a line of code I just have to alter but I'd like a point in the right direction if that's at all possible.

That is TAW View Distance Script (taw_vd) and isn't included with the 2.2 release so I really don't get your question :\

Alright! Thanks.

I am probably using an older version then :)

I will try a newer copy.

Gents,

with VAS 2.2 i have an old issue again... a have 4 grenades in my uniform and when i load that load-out i can't throw them, they also not showing up in the top-right cornder

any tips?

I've the same problem too. Just drop the grenades and pick them up again. Then you can throw and select the grenades again.

How do I prevent exploitation of VAS on my server?

Right now, players can scavenge 'restricted to role' weapons systems off enemy soldiers, such as Titan MPRL and .407 Lynx rifle, and save them in their VAS. Right now I have pilots running around with Titan launchers and sniper rifles, its abit of a farce.

Also, I had a peek in a backpack someone had, and it had 90+ titan rockets. How do I prevent this?

Tonic, I'm having the following in spoilers spammed in my RPT. Are you aware of it? (VAS works fine without it considering)

16:41:56 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\VAS\menu.hpp, line 53: '/VAS_Diag/controlsBackground/VAS_ContainerBG.x': Missing ';' at the end of line

This is also happening to me. I am also using dev branch version.
Hey I really liked using this in other peoples missions (great work!) and figured I would have a go at putting it into my own. I just copied the example mission into my missions folder and tried to preview it. Upon opening the virtual ammmobox for the first time I get the message

No entry "C:\Users\Ben\documents\Arma 3\missions\gear_test.Stratis\description.ext/Vas_Diag/controls/gundetails/ListScrollBar"

And I notice that the scroll bar in the vas menu is blank. Also when I try dragging an item into my inventory I get the message

I have used other peoples' missions with VAS without these errors so I must be doing something wrong. Would you have an idea what? All I did was copy the "gear_test.Stratis" file from the download into my user missions, loaded it up in editor and previewed. I am using dev branch.

I am using the development branch as well and I get the error when I go to open the virtual ammo box.

Whenever I use the ammoobox IG, I get that it cannot find open.sqf, but it's there, its in the right spot as it should be, yet it still cant find it.

To fix this error in the dev build you have to edit the common.hpp by changing all the class scrollBar entries to class ListScrollBar.

For example change this,

class VAS_RscListNBox {
style = 16;
type=102;
shadow = 0;
font = "PuristaMedium";
sizeEx = "(((((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) * 1)";
color[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1.0};
colorDisabled[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.25};
colorScrollbar[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
colorSelect[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorSelect2[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorSelectBackground[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
colorSelectBackground2[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.5};
period = 1.2;

class scrollBar {
	color[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.6};
	colorActive[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
	colorDisabled[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.3};
	thumb = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\thumb_ca.paa";
	arrowFull = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\arrowFull_ca.paa";
	arrowEmpty = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\arrowEmpty_ca.paa";
	border = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\border_ca.paa";
};
};

To this,

class VAS_RscListNBox {
style = 16;
type=102;
shadow = 0;
font = "PuristaMedium";
sizeEx = "(((((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) * 1)";
color[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1.0};
colorDisabled[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.25};
colorScrollbar[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
colorSelect[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorSelect2[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorSelectBackground[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
colorSelectBackground2[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.5};
period = 1.2;

class ListScrollBar {
	color[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.6};
	colorActive[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
	colorDisabled[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.3};
	thumb = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\thumb_ca.paa";
	arrowFull = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\arrowFull_ca.paa";
	arrowEmpty = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\arrowEmpty_ca.paa";
	border = "\A3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\scrollbar\border_ca.paa";
};
};

And do the same with all the scrollBar classes.

Its not known yet if this is to be a permanent change and brought over to the stable build.

Hey Tonic, awesome mod. It's pretty much standard for me at this point. I have a request though(and I haven't read through all 800 posts in this thread, so forgive me if it's been asked before):

Would it be possible to get, say, a LOT more save gear slots? I'm talking up to 50 perhaps? Maybe even 100? I don't know all the details behind the mod or how that would affect it, but 10 save slots isn't enough since the guys I play with are constantly switching the types of missions we do all the time. Even 20 would be a huge boon.

Thanks bro, and keep up the outstanding work!

Hey Tonic, awesome mod. It's pretty much standard for me at this point. I have a request though(and I haven't read through all 800 posts in this thread, so forgive me if it's been asked before):

Would it be possible to get, say, a LOT more save gear slots? I'm talking up to 50 perhaps? Maybe even 100? I don't know all the details behind the mod or how that would affect it, but 10 save slots isn't enough since the guys I play with are constantly switching the types of missions we do all the time. Even 20 would be a huge boon.

Thanks bro, and keep up the outstanding work!

That can already be done by configuring it in the config.sqf

vas_customslots = 9; //9 is actually 10 slots, starts from 0 to whatever you set, so always remember when setting a number to minus by 1, i.e 12 will be 11.

There is a ";" missing on line 60 of menu.hpp, in case it has not been reported yet.

class VAS_ContainerBG : VAS_RscText
	{
	colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,0.7};
	idc = 2950;
	x = 0.905
	y = 0.2 + (11 / 250);
	w = 0.09;
	h = 0.235 - (22 / 250);
	};

Is there a specific reason 'vas' cannot be used in the single player editor before the mission starts?

Tonic, I'm having the following in spoilers spammed in my RPT. Are you aware of it? (VAS works fine without it considering)

16:41:56 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\VAS\menu.hpp, line 53: '/VAS_Diag/controlsBackground/VAS_ContainerBG.x': Missing ';' at the end of line

I get that error also. Just updated from version 1,7 to 2,2.

No error in 1,7.

And again thx for your hard work Tonic.