tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

King_Richard,

Thanks for the reply!

Some of that info helped out a bit!

I've decided I want to try and make VAS only available when the MHQ has been deployed.

I got VAS to NOT show up until the MHQ is deployed, but now I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it unavailable once the MHQ is undeployed...

I'm using the GITS edit of Domination if anyone is familiar with that edit.

Hello,

I am looking for someone who could help me configure Virtual ammobox System.

I wish that civilians can not use, and the guns displayed according cop_level.

If it is possible, thank you for your help

thank you

Hello,

I would do the same.

VAS block for civil and display weapons for police based cop level

Thank you for your help

King_Richard,

Thanks for the reply!

Some of that info helped out a bit!

I've decided I want to try and make VAS only available when the MHQ has been deployed.

I got VAS to NOT show up until the MHQ is deployed, but now I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it unavailable once the MHQ is undeployed...

I'm using the GITS edit of Domination if anyone is familiar with that edit.

use a variable in the last part of the addaction for VAS and only have that variable true when the MHQ is deployed. As soon as it is packed up and moving the variable turns false.

PM me the MHQ script if you need more help.

Hi, I'm using VAS as part of MCC and wanted to use massi's weapon pack, but since it contains a lot of different version for each weapon it clutters up the VAS menu and slows it down for the other people I play with. So I tried to exclude some items through VAS's restricted item arrays in my mission's init.sqf, and it works perfectly as intended for other players - the restricted items don't show up in their ammobox menu. But for myself it still shows them and just blocks access.

I would assume this is due to the fact that I'm host and not just the client, but is there a way to nevertheless remove the restricted items from my own ammobox menu in this situation?

Hi i'm trying to implement the VAS into a mission i'm trying to create. this is the first time I've really done anything on this scale. I downloaded the VAS off of the first page now I have no idea where I need to put it. to be frankly honest i thought i could copy and paste the link in on the first page but when i did that it said could not find VAS/open script. would be nice to know what i'm doing wrong lol....which more then likely is alot.

Thanks in advacne,

Robert,

Hi i'm trying to implement the VAS into a mission i'm trying to create. this is the first time I've really done anything on this scale. I downloaded the VAS off of the first page now I have no idea where I need to put it. to be frankly honest i thought i could copy and paste the link in on the first page but when i did that it said could not find VAS/open script. would be nice to know what i'm doing wrong lol....which more then likely is alot.

Thanks in advacne,

Robert,

Look at the example mission. You can learn a lot of looking in to them.

I think you forget to put in the VAS files in you're mission folder

Regards Rat.NL

Can someone explain to me why silencer are restricted in Version 2.4?

//Allow player to respawn with his loadout? If true unit will respawn with all ammo from initial save! Set to false to disable this and rely on other scripts!
vas_onRespawn = true;
//Preload Weapon Config?
vas_preload = true;
//If limiting weapons its probably best to set this to true so people aren't loading custom loadouts with restricted gear.
vas_disableLoadSave = false;
//Amount of save/load slots
vas_customslots = 9; //9 is actually 10 slots, starts from 0 to whatever you set, so always remember when setting a number to minus by 1, i.e 12 will be 11.
//Disable 'VAS hasn't finished loading' Check !!! ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE THAT USE ACRE AND OTHER LARGE ADDONS !!!
vas_disableSafetyCheck = false;
/*
NOTES ON EDITING!
YOU MUST PUT VALID CLASS NAMES IN THE VARIABLES IN AN ARRAY FORMAT, NOT DOING SO WILL RESULT IN BREAKING THE SYSTEM!
PLACE THE CLASS NAMES OF GUNS/ITEMS/MAGAZINES/BACKPACKS/GOGGLES IN THE CORRECT ARRAYS! TO DISABLE A SELECTION I.E
GOGGLES vas_goggles = [""]; AND THAT WILL DISABLE THE ITEM SELECTION FOR WHATEVER VARIABLE YOU ARE WANTING TO DISABLE!

EXAMPLE
vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_ARCO_point_grip_F","arifle_Khaybar_Holo_mzls_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_F","Binocular"];
vas_magazines = ["30Rnd_65x39_case_mag","20Rnd_762x45_Mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green"];
vas_items = ["ItemMap","ItemGPS","NVGoggles"];
vas_backpacks = ["B_Bergen_sgg_Exp","B_AssaultPack_rgr_Medic"];
vas_goggles = [""];				

Example for side specific (TvT)
switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
		vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
		vas_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
		vas_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
		vas_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
	};
};
*/

//If the arrays below are empty (as they are now) all weapons, magazines, items, backpacks and goggles will be available
//Want to limit VAS to specific weapons? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_weapons = [];
//Want to limit VAS to specific magazines? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_magazines = [];
//Want to limit VAS to specific items? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_items = [];
//Want to limit backpacks? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_backpacks = [];
//Want to limit goggles? Place the classnames in the array!
vas_glasses = [];

/*
NOTES ON EDITING:
THIS IS THE SAME AS THE ABOVE VARIABLES, YOU NEED TO KNOW THE CLASS NAME OF THE ITEM YOU ARE RESTRICTING. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN 
CONJUNCTION WITH THE ABOVE METHOD, THIs IS ONLY FOR RESTRICTING / LIMITING ITEMS FROM VAS AND NOTHING MORE

EXAMPLE
vas_r_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
vas_r_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS

switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
		vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
	};
};
*/

//Below are variables you can use to restrict certain items from being used.
//Remove Weapon
vas_r_weapons = [];
vas_r_backpacks = [];
//Magazines to remove from VAS
vas_r_magazines = [];
//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = [];
//Goggles to remove from VAS
vas_r_glasses = [];

I dont see that they are restricted? Thanks for help!

Can someone explain to me why silencer are restricted in Version 2.4?

I dont see that they are restricted? Thanks for help!

I think you're getting confused by the example texts, those are commented and thus not executed. The actual arrays for white- and blacklisted items below those examples are all empty in your code, i.e. all items are available in the VAS. I've highlighted the example parts in italics and the actual arrays in bold.

//Allow player to respawn with his loadout? If true unit will respawn with all ammo from initial save! Set to false to disable this and rely on other scripts!
vas_onRespawn = true;
//Preload Weapon Config?
vas_preload = true;
//If limiting weapons its probably best to set this to true so people aren't loading custom loadouts with restricted gear.
vas_disableLoadSave = false;
//Amount of save/load slots
vas_customslots = 9; //9 is actually 10 slots, starts from 0 to whatever you set, so always remember when setting a number to minus by 1, i.e 12 will be 11.
//Disable 'VAS hasn't finished loading' Check !!! ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE THAT USE ACRE AND OTHER LARGE ADDONS !!!
vas_disableSafetyCheck = false;
[i]/*
NOTES ON EDITING!
YOU MUST PUT VALID CLASS NAMES IN THE VARIABLES IN AN ARRAY FORMAT, NOT DOING SO WILL RESULT IN BREAKING THE SYSTEM!
PLACE THE CLASS NAMES OF GUNS/ITEMS/MAGAZINES/BACKPACKS/GOGGLES IN THE CORRECT ARRAYS! TO DISABLE A SELECTION I.E
GOGGLES vas_goggles = [""]; AND THAT WILL DISABLE THE ITEM SELECTION FOR WHATEVER VARIABLE YOU ARE WANTING TO DISABLE!

EXAMPLE
vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_ARCO_point_grip_F","arifle_Khaybar_Holo_mzls_F","arifle_TRG21_GL_F","Binocular"];
vas_magazines = ["30Rnd_65x39_case_mag","20Rnd_762x45_Mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green"];
vas_items = ["ItemMap","ItemGPS","NVGoggles"];
vas_backpacks = ["B_Bergen_sgg_Exp","B_AssaultPack_rgr_Medic"];
vas_goggles = [""];				

switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
	};
};
*/[/i]

[b]//If the arrays below are empty (as they are now) all weapons, magazines, items, backpacks and goggles will be available
//Want to limit VAS to specific weapons? Place the classnames in the array!
[b]vas_weapons = [];[/b]
//Want to limit VAS to specific magazines? Place the classnames in the array!
[b]vas_magazines = [];[/b]
//Want to limit VAS to specific items? Place the classnames in the array!
[b]vas_items = [];[/b]
//Want to limit backpacks? Place the classnames in the array!
[b]vas_backpacks = [];[/b]
//Want to limit goggles? Place the classnames in the array!
[b]vas_glasses = [];[/b][/b]

[i]/*
NOTES ON EDITING:
THIS IS THE SAME AS THE ABOVE VARIABLES, YOU NEED TO KNOW THE CLASS NAME OF THE ITEM YOU ARE RESTRICTING. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN 
CONJUNCTION WITH THE ABOVE METHOD, THIs IS ONLY FOR RESTRICTING / LIMITING ITEMS FROM VAS AND NOTHING MORE

EXAMPLE

switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
	};
};
*/[/i]

[b]//Below are variables you can use to restrict certain items from being used.
//Remove Weapon
[b]vas_r_weapons = [];
vas_r_backpacks = [];[/b]
//Magazines to remove from VAS
[b]vas_r_magazines = [];[/b]
//Items to remove from VAS
[b]vas_r_items = [];[/b]
//Goggles to remove from VAS
[b]vas_r_glasses = [];[/b][/b]

Thanks, got it working!

I found in the VAS Box 3 types of IR Grenades. I can pick them up, but i cannot throw them. Any ideas?

Hello Tonic, came up with a idea with the VAS:

Lets say we have 2 mods,

1. Weapon modpack

2. Unit modpack

Is it possible to have one ammobox with VAS with all the standard arma 3 stuff + the weapon modpack but NOT the unit modpack in it?

If yes, then my question is how?

Thank you

Hi, I'm using VAS as part of MCC and wanted to use massi's weapon pack, but since it contains a lot of different version for each weapon it clutters up the VAS menu and slows it down for the other people I play with. So I tried to exclude some items through VAS's restricted item arrays in my mission's init.sqf, and it works perfectly as intended for other players - the restricted items don't show up in their ammobox menu. But for myself it still shows them and just blocks access.

I would assume this is due to the fact that I'm host and not just the client, but is there a way to nevertheless remove the restricted items from my own ammobox menu in this situation?

Ok, I just tried this the other way around to confirm my theory - I gave my mission pbo to a friend and let him host the game, and as expected he saw all the excluded items still in the ammobox, same as what happened for me when I hosted.

However I still saw all the restricted items as well, even though I was just connected as a client.

Does anybody have an idea as to what exactly is the cause of this or how to fix it? :confused:

Edit:

More testing done, after the above mentioned test I hosted the same mission again, and my friend saw the restricted items as well as myself. He then delted the mission file I had sent him, I hosted again, and the restricted items were properly filtered for him again.

So apparently the lack of filtering happens when a user has the mission file, so it's only indirectly related to the host / client situation.

Edited by koschy8

Is a nice idea to have categories for example:

NATO weapons

RUSSIAN weapons

CSAT weapons

etc.

is easy and more organized.

Im trying to restrict uniforms for each side. It doesn't seem to be working. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? In the config.sqf I put in the code below:

if (playerside == west) then

{

vas_r_weapons = [];

vas_r_items = ["U_I_CombatUniform","U_I_CombatUniform_shortsleeve","U_I_CombatUniform_tshirt","U_I_GhillieSuit","U_I_HeliPilotCoveralls","U_I_OfficerUniform","U_I_pilotCoveralls","U_I_Wetsuit","U_O_CombatUniform_ocamo","U_O_CombatUniform_oucamo","U_O_GhillieSuit","U_O_OfficerUniform_ocamo","U_O_PilotCoveralls","U_O_SpecopsUniform_blk","U_O_SpecopsUniform_ocamo","U_O_Wetsuit"];

vas_r_goggles = [];

};

if (playerside == east) then

{

vas_r_weapons = [];

vas_r_items = ["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_worn","U_B_CombatUniform_sgg","U_B_CombatUniform_sgg_tshirt","U_B_CombatUniform_sgg_vest","U_B_CombatUniform_wdl","U_B_CombatUniform_wdl_tshirt","U_B_CombatUniform_wdl_vest","U_B_GhillieSuit","U_B_HeliPilotCoveralls","U_B_PilotCoveralls","U_B_SpecopsUniform_sgg","U_B_Wetsuit","U_I_CombatUniform","U_I_CombatUniform_shortsleeve","U_I_CombatUniform_tshirt","U_I_GhillieSuit","U_I_HeliPilotCoveralls","U_I_OfficerUniform","U_I_pilotCoveralls","U_I_Wetsuit"];

vas_r_goggles = [];

};

if (playerside == independent) then

{

vas_r_weapons = [];

vas_r_items = ["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_worn","U_B_CombatUniform_sgg","U_B_CombatUniform_sgg_tshirt","U_B_CombatUniform_sgg_vest","U_B_CombatUniform_wdl","U_B_CombatUniform_wdl_tshirt","U_B_CombatUniform_wdl_vest","U_B_GhillieSuit","U_B_HeliPilotCoveralls","U_B_PilotCoveralls","U_B_SpecopsUniform_sgg","U_B_Wetsuit","U_O_CombatUniform_ocamo","U_O_CombatUniform_oucamo","U_O_GhillieSuit","U_O_OfficerUniform_ocamo","U_O_PilotCoveralls","U_O_SpecopsUniform_blk","U_O_SpecopsUniform_ocamo","U_O_Wetsuit"];

vas_r_goggles = [];

};

Edited by Mangled

Maybe this has been answered in the previous 92 pages, but I have no suppressors listed. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe this has been answered in the previous 92 pages, but I have no suppressors listed. What am I doing wrong?

In the default config.sqf it appears to block them. Scroll to the bottom, where it says:

vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"];

And change it to:

vas_r_items = [];

I believe it should now allow you to access suppressors OK.

Hope that helps.

@Mangled if you look at the default config it has an example;

switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
	};
};

Now for my issue;

I am having an issue of my own though, I asked on the armaholic forums but that pages doesnt seem to be as active as this one. If using it to allow only certain items per case with the variables "vas_weapons" ect. then it works great other than if you highlight a weapon it pops up on the left with the list of attachments and mags that can be used for that weapon not following the allowed "vas_items" and "vas_magazine" arrays. the button however is no issue, its only the left popup list that fails to follow the arrays.

any ideas how to fix this?

thanks,

ChillaSteve

Edited by ChillaSteve

Dont know if this has been debatted/answered. The load on respawn function says disabled when i push it? How to I enable it?

In the default config.sqf it appears to block them. Scroll to the bottom, where it says:

vas_r_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"];

And change it to:

vas_r_items = [];

I believe it should now allow you to access suppressors OK.

Hope that helps.

Thanks mate, I'll try it when I can fire up A3 next :D

Dont know if this has been debatted/answered. The load on respawn function says disabled when i push it? How to I enable it?

I did get this once when I had left MCC active (I don't use it in our missions, had just been testing it). You using MCC?

Thanks mate, I'll try it when I can fire up A3 next :D

Hope it works.

I did get this once when I had left MCC active (I don't use it in our missions, had just been testing it). You using MCC?

yeah i'm using MCC. You think thats the problem?

yeah i'm using MCC. You think thats the problem?

Could be conflicting somehow, try testing without MCC and see if you get the same message. It'll help the author(s) figure out if there's a conflict.

Could be conflicting somehow, try testing without MCC and see if you get the same message. It'll help the author(s) figure out if there's a conflict.

I can now confirm, that "load on respawn" does not work with MCC mod enabled. Really hope you could fix this.

I want to ask for a feature that I think would be good to have for communities and MP players in general.

Right now we have the awsome feature of being able to save a loadout clientside in a way accesible to everybody (not just for scripters) and use it later in both MP and SP wich is potentially a great time saver at the beginning of a MP game of say 30+ players who already know what they do have to carry. Usual thing in communities that play planned missions.

The problem I find is that, as you already know, VAS may need a relatively long time to load for some people (when entering a server) and that ruins the funcionality I've just stated.

What I ask might be obious already; the possibility to load a saved gear with an alternate action, without the need to wait for the whole VAS. Maybe that is already doable with simple scripting but I have no clue right now about even where those presets are saved or if they are "init-like" or VAS specific code. What do you think?

Noventta,

I did see a script in =BTC=War Storm that showed up your VAS profile save slots, you could then use one of these to load the gear.

Not sure if that is what you are after

I have changed this a script little and within my group we have our missions automatically load the first save slot in VAS on mission start.

It most definitely speeds things up for JIP players who have issues loading VAS due to the number of mods running on their end.

I am not sure how active Tonic is right now, but I could post this to help others.

I'll wait a little for a yay or nay.