Sign in to follow this  
dimitri18

PVP heaven..for now

Is anyone else enjoying vast amounts of PVP servers that were seemly non existent in Arma 2? (with the exception wasteland and DayZ)

I feel once the game reaches full release or even beta the PVP scene will die off and return of the same old Domi dumb AI shooter just like Arma 2 OA.

When Arma 2 OA was released back in 2010 there were many teamwork oriented servers such as Charile Foxtrot (80slot server that stayed full most of the day) which died 2 months after the game was released. There was also another which I can't remember the name of and it was also pretty good, but sadly died shortly after Arma 2 OA was released.

I really enjoy PVP because it's more entertaining and rewarding killing an enemy that can actually think and not just drop the ground and rotate on his stomach.

Also there seems to be more Teamwork from complete randoms. I was playing on the Old Breed server last night and we had a blast using communications and fireteam tactics. Unlike seeing one guy running off with a M107 and a Javlin like you'd see in the typical Domi or pub COOP server you're seeing actual teamwork. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131148931

For anyone that is a PVP lover and is sick of Domi or other repetitive gameplay make yourself heard.

Now, I'm not dissing COOP or Domi entirely because there's nothing wrong with COOP or Domi but too much of it is just annoying.

It'd be nice if PVP stuck around for Arma 3, one can hope.

Yea I am loving it.

Pvp is here to stay I think.

The new players brought forth because of wasteland and Dayz are very much into pvp so populating pvp servers in Arma 3 should not be a problem. Boring co-op servers where you shoot at brainless bots will be the minority this time around.

Some co-op servers are needed though, pvp is too hard for some people lol.

Cool screenshot, I believe I was just right behind you guys when it was taken - I was also impressed by the firing line our team had put up at the wall. Once the server admin switched over to the weird underwater mission though it was pretty crappy but thankfully he switched back to something fun. I'm enjoying the PVP servers too, just hope the missions get a little more fleshed out, maybe with one HMG vehicle per team or something - can't wait for more content.

Charlie Foxtrot was gone into ArmA WargameS at the begin of Jan. 2012 (http://arma-wargames.com/)

and we still play every sunday from 1800-2100 GMT TvT with around 80 ppl. on the server. Training session during the week, of course!

Next Campaign 6 will come soon (AW-5 ends last sunday) --> Join us here

TS-IP: 81.30.149.244 Password: echo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ajFhEWuGF4&feature=player_embedded

Videos from the last Battle 8 of AW-5:

Edited by Ghost0815
Wrong TS-IP

DIG pvp. ARMA3 is great so far for this. really intuitive and responsive. hope to see some cool maps/scenarios/playstyles now while community is growing and open to new map mode ideas.

12th Mech will continue to push PvP as hard as ever, it's a nice turn around and for once we are getting a good vibe going, the only we have at the moment is the non stop tking and spawn camping.

Its getting depressing how many people think its okay to either tk in frustration or spawn camp "because they cant see anyone", I think overall we need to focus on changing the minds of the BF3 and COD players, as too much of this will just result in massive bans across multiple servers from us.

And I dont think people realise that we are keeping track of Player ID's and IP so that when BI do bring out their admin tools theyll be gone for good.

Overall I think PvP has a stronger chance now than ever, and we need to use this chance to ensure that PvP is here to stay, not something which gets shunted aside.

Is anyone else enjoying vast amounts of PVP servers that were seemly non existent in Arma 2? (with the exception wasteland and DayZ)

I feel once the game reaches full release or even beta the PVP scene will die off and return of the same old Domi dumb AI shooter just like Arma 2 OA.

When Arma 2 OA was released back in 2010 there were many teamwork oriented servers such as Charile Foxtrot (80slot server that stayed full most of the day) which died 2 months after the game was released. There was also another which I can't remember the name of and it was also pretty good, but sadly died shortly after Arma 2 OA was released.

I really enjoy PVP because it's more entertaining and rewarding killing an enemy that can actually think and not just drop the ground and rotate on his stomach.

Also there seems to be more Teamwork from complete randoms. I was playing on the Old Breed server last night and we had a blast using communications and fireteam tactics. Unlike seeing one guy running off with a M107 and a Javlin like you'd see in the typical Domi or pub COOP server you're seeing actual teamwork. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131148931

For anyone that is a PVP lover and is sick of Domi or other repetitive gameplay make yourself heard.

Now, I'm not dissing COOP or Domi entirely because there's nothing wrong with COOP or Domi but too much of it is just annoying.

Well if Charlie Foxtrot died after two months i dunno what i was doing for the past 3 years every sunday. PVP is the best way to experience all Arma games. CF was one of the biggest PVP Tournaments and never went away. We perhaps had a period where our numbers were around 40 players , But once Arrowhead came out it went back up to about 80ish.

As Ghost says CF was replaced by Arma Wargames and as of last weekend we had around 80 players on average every weekend.

We have all been very impressed with ARMA 3 Alpha and in due course i imagine once the completed game arrives, we will migrate to Arma 3 PVP Tournament. Can't wait and i ll have the buzz i got 3 years ago with Arma 2.

Edited by Druss29

I come from a coop oriented community. However, I also enjoy PvP.

I've had problems with PvP earlier in ARMA, due to the fact that it was lacking structure. Public PvP was usually just a mess prior to wasteland. I did play and enjoy Project Reality for some time, and I think it did add the structure I felt missing. I also believe ARMA III is a bit more "fit" for PvP than ARMA II is, and I believe that to be a very great thing.

I do believe and hope that the ARMA III community will have room for both a coop and PvP scene, as both have their own advantages and dissadvantages. I'd love to see more PvP in arma, and PvP being more popular. I think there will be a considerable scene, due to the fact that AIII is allready becomming more popular than AII

Simply because PvP in ArmA 3 works. PvP in ArmA 2 is utter shit compared to the smoothness of this one. :)

And modding opens up endless posibilites with PvP matches!

main reason for increase in pvp:

it doesn't have shit controls/movement.

and remember the MP backend improved majorly since OFP/A1 times ...

MP related improvements past 1.55 made even A2: OA being quite good PvP experience (minus the negative mouse acc and CBQ issues)

(yes it does have still issues and Dslyexci and other server admins still haunting me with these bug tracker # so I know it's not perfect)

for Arma 3 Alpha and beyond expect us to improving the MP portion of the game so both PVP and COOP crowd gets pleasing experience

Agreed CM ... that and the fixes since 1.59 for pvp (remember all the rubber-banding and warping?) have done wonders.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

for Arma 3 Alpha and beyond expect us to improving the MP portion of the game so both PVP and COOP crowd gets pleasing experience

Please say Celery is working on A3 road rage.. please say Celery is working on A3 road rage... please say Celery is...

Edited by SavageCDN
My 1st Dwarden ninja

and remember the MP backend improved majorly since OFP/A1 times ...

MP related improvements past 1.55 made even A2: OA being quite good PvP experience (minus the negative mouse acc and CBQ issues)

(yes it does have still issues and Dslyexci and other server admins still haunting me with these bug tracker # so I know it's not perfect)

The work done on the netcode is awesome and I can't wait to see it even more improved, I was incredibly impressed when I got into a friends vehicle and we weren't teleporting everywhere, thats a first for the series I think.

Please say Celery is working on A3 road rage.. please say Celery is working on A3 road rage... please say Celery is...

Road Rage is utterly pointless with the current vehicle handling in Arma 3.

I am LOVING the PvP, and I suck at it! But getting better.

I'm new pretty new to Arma, I bought Arma2 awhile back, but didn't enjoy it much (I was huge into America's Army 2/3), but started playing DayZ a few months ago.

I was on an Arma3 server last night where there were multiple checkpoints to take, and after you take one, you try to take the next, while the other team was doing the same thing. If you died, you could pick one of the checkpoints your team controlled and be back in the fight pretty quickly, but not too quick.

Sorry, don't know the server name or type of game this is called. Point is, both sides were playing pretty well together and it was a blast. Not even much talking, but I'd just follow a few teammates, provide cover, or I'd find others covering me as I advanced. Hopefully I can find the sever again or another just like it. Bots just don't compare to another person.

Road Rage is utterly pointless with the current vehicle handling in Arma 3.
I agree, wish I can clap hand and all of sudden there is deformation and component destruction ;)

Guys, I´am new to Arma Mulltiplayer (unfortunately, because Arma 2 couldnt provide any reasonable servers) and desperately looking for people or servers where I don´t get immediately teamkilled or where some kid is trying to satisfy his ADHD.

Can you tell me what PvP is? I didn´t find it in the "game type" selection. I´d really like to play in an organized team and use the full potential of the game.

Personal info:

6 months military service, fluent German and English.

Would be great if anyone could tell me where to find a good server.

pvp is player vs player, not player vs bot.

Thank you. I thought it was some kind of game mode.

No I just need some serious guys to play with xD

Wow, you just reminded me of that Charlie Foxtrot server. I had SO MUCH fun in it. I would love to see PvP stay around for sure.

I agree, wish I can clap hand and all of sudden there is deformation and component destruction ;)

A bigger issue is that the steering is horrible and the cars available in the alpha can't accelerate to save their lives.

The reason PVP is staying I believe is twofold. One because the game itself is more accessible to people so people who were generally scared to play arma at first now can. This lead to more more players which in turn leads to the second portion. People are still trying to figure out scripting correctly with the new arma. Porting over scripts can cause a much different effect than intended and as such people are discovering the new tools. A revive buddy/drag body script i imported works, BUT instead of doing a im hurt animation, the dead now are skydiving into the ground in place. This, mixed with very few items to place in the editor and very few mods and map makers only have 3 days of balance testing (key for good coop experience) there are not many coops out yet. Also with the crazy see through smoke aimbotting AI that sees perfect through smoke, people are finding joining an easy TDM where you respawn and run in to fight is funner, quick action while at the same time allowing players to become familiarized with the controls.

Guys, I´am new to Arma Mulltiplayer (unfortunately, because Arma 2 couldnt provide any reasonable servers) and desperately looking for people or servers where I don´t get immediately teamkilled or where some kid is trying to satisfy his ADHD.

Can you tell me what PvP is? I didn´t find it in the "game type" selection. I´d really like to play in an organized team and use the full potential of the game.

Personal info:

6 months military service, fluent German and English.

Would be great if anyone could tell me where to find a good server.

If you would like to join a multi roled group, then come join 12th mechanised :)

www.12thmechanised.com

We play PvP and Coop and our server accommodates both

To join put in an application to one of our regiments (RGG for pvp RAR for coop)

We have a server up currently so just search 12th in the filters.

Best Regards

Dale

Thank you Dimitri, we do our best to try and keep The Old Breed running smoothly and without many hitches. We actually discussed it today as command and decided when we can run multiple servers on our VDS, we will continue to host the TDM and continue production and updates on our maps. We greatly appreciate the feedback and hope you continue to come and play on the server.

Thank you as well Looter, for the feedback I got from your post. We are slowly editing the maps to have a better feel and try to keep balance for them. With the current units we have and the size of some of our maps, it's very difficult to find the right mix of vehicles and units. However, as of today every map we currently own should have full vehicle respawn along with full gear loadout.