SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Hi, after you create any fortress other categories come available for that fortress. Rarely there is delay in that, then just exit and press shifft+ C again. If getting too far from the previous fortress, again only fortresses are first available before other objects.

Yesterday that "kill foxcrow" worked normally, but will test it soon. There should be also visible 3d icon to follow. If you have turned those off, press Shift+U (I think - the rigth button is mentioned in esc-menu field manual). Probably wont update the mission before returning from holiday on 8th July. Need to start packing. :)

The gear menu is available when near big camp, guardposts with storage or everywhere if playing with EASY-difficulty. The shops are available near captured green marked pier (guardpost near it with storage, static weapon).

The helicopter transport should mostly work good. You need to wait that it lands then command team in, get in and once all are in - left click once anywhere on map and with short delay chopper should start heading there.

I usually tell them to get it in before it lands, so that no time is wasted. Could that be it?

Also, after it doesn't work, it sits there forever and I can never try again

I think it should still work, did you got the "Click on map for LZ-point - changeable until landing"-hint displayed? After that clicking on map should work until radiomessage for landing or "Chopper pick up can be called again"-hintmessage.

SaOk youre right with the fix Classes in the Mods. Now do this work.

But I have other important Questions.

1. How can i let Units from my Squad in a Base?

example:

I build a Howitzer. This Tank shall stay in a Camp for Art.sup..

But when i use "fast Travel", the Tank Crew come with me. When i say this Crew is for HQ, i cant call for Art.sup.. The same Problem is with the Commands for my Squad.

If it possible that i can split the Squad in 2 or more with full controll?

2. When i use Undercover, my Squad dissolves. When i com back from UC, i must buy new Units. But its sux, all the painstaking compiled Equipment for my Squad is gone to :(

Heres an odd request: Can you make pointing your gun at civilians while talking to them impact you negatively? It seems strange that they would like you while a nozzle is pointed at their head. Maybe within a certain amount of time or a warning but it would lend to immersion pretty well methinks

Im not sure if my game is crapping out or something but when I requested a chopper transported a UAV spawned and exploded above me. The chopper transport didnt work prior to that, as someone else mentioned when everyone is in nothing happens, I used to used to use the transport a lot so am familiar with clicking the map etc but it doesnt seem to work now.

Also, when I got out of vehicles previously it would state something about marking that as your current/last vehicle used but it doesnt do that anymore and the loot function doesnt seem to work.

Im not sure if my game is crapping out or something but when I requested a chopper transported a UAV spawned and exploded above me. The chopper transport didnt work prior to that, as someone else mentioned when everyone is in nothing happens, I used to used to use the transport a lot so am familiar with clicking the map etc but it doesnt seem to work now.

Also, when I got out of vehicles previously it would state something about marking that as your current/last vehicle used but it doesnt do that anymore and the loot function doesnt seem to work.

My game was crapping out, restarted and things seem fine again and the chopper works..

the vehicles and soldiers have faction side set in addon config. Partially you may be able to still mix the classes - made the most, if not all, my scripts support that, but there could be still some issues including those wrong color map markers. Cant edit that in mission side. Would need to create addon to change the configs.

1.71 version in moddb.com probably still have VAS but it just very outdated.

Thanks, i know it might be outdated but it was far better being able to choose loadouts and save and then pick and choose which one depending on the mission, now i seem to get dropped off..attacked by vehicles and have absolutely no way of dealing with them apart from constantly calling in crates that land miles away from me.

Unsure if anyone else if having issues with .995 (lot of posts to sift through didn't see any recently) but here are some major bugs I'm encountering, both with and without mods:

1. After talking to a civilian and receiving a task, the game will occasionally break and literally play like a slideshow. The frames, only while in game, will drop to about 1 per 5-10 seconds. Escape menu if I bring that up obviously works fine and proper, no UI lag present.

2. After being KIA and re-spawning, the visual effects on the characters view after fully healing sometimes do not go away and continue to show up and distort the players vision regularly to the point of being almost combat ineffective. (One of the blur effects is really really strong.) I don't have this issue on other missions and previous versions. So I'm assuming its related to the re-spawning system and mission itself once more.

3. Attempting to resume a previous mission also does the same frame rate issue as stated before although it always happens, unlike the civi issue where its only an occasional chance. I cannot load any previous games without this happening. Starting a new game works fine every single time. Also to clarify, I've never had this frame issue on load/civi interact on previous versions of the mission.

Other than those few there, which are always present no mater what mods are running, the mission itself if progressing nicely. A lot of previous bugs I've encountered are gone and the mission is running and playing a lot better.

Keep up the good work, I love this project so far!

Unsure if anyone else if having issues with .995 (lot of posts to sift through didn't see any recently) but here are some major bugs I'm encountering, both with and without mods:

1. After talking to a civilian and receiving a task, the game will occasionally break and literally play like a slideshow. The frames, only while in game, will drop to about 1 per 5-10 seconds. Escape menu if I bring that up obviously works fine and proper, no UI lag present.

2. After being KIA and re-spawning, the visual effects on the characters view after fully healing sometimes do not go away and continue to show up and distort the players vision regularly to the point of being almost combat ineffective. (One of the blur effects is really really strong.) I don't have this issue on other missions and previous versions. So I'm assuming its related to the re-spawning system and mission itself once more.

3. Attempting to resume a previous mission also does the same frame rate issue as stated before although it always happens, unlike the civi issue where its only an occasional chance. I cannot load any previous games without this happening. Starting a new game works fine every single time. Also to clarify, I've never had this frame issue on load/civi interact on previous versions of the mission.

Other than those few there, which are always present no mater what mods are running, the mission itself if progressing nicely. A lot of previous bugs I've encountered are gone and the mission is running and playing a lot better.

Keep up the good work, I love this project so far!

Hi,

Q1: I´ve had this issue a couple of times, try the latest release SaOk has posted Monday i think, with the latest release this issue seems to be gone. Try the latest release, this should fix it, if not then just write it in this thread, i know a secondary solution.

Q2: Sometimes after beeing killed the Health isnt restrored to 100%, in this case a HEMT Medic (stand at drivers door and scroll to heal urself) or u have a medic in your group, then select the only the medic and then press 6 and then Heal Teamleader. Cause the medic sometimes ignores the call when u are injured and you call him fast with key ^ and then pressed Injured. I suggest the method first method with "6 and then Heal Teamleader"

Q3: If you have some mods running you should use the Mod "Moduload" to reinitialize your mods after loading a save.

I am using version uploaded 25.06.14. Construction system was working fine but all of a sudden i could only construct from fortress tab and construction is free. I built lots of bunkers but they were no good.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

I got some problem in v1.994 ( or somethin' like that , a new version ive downloaded from Dropbox)

with the contruction truck all I can build just these fortress , nothing else.

tried with version 1.975 ( older from moddb ) Im stuck after fist mission, its show "kill foxcrow" but there are no marker in the map, like the 1.994 version')

im sory with my bad English

p/s: is there any way to re-open "gear menu" and "outfit menu" after fist use. its only show once fist time open the YQ_Mod right?

Same as above.

I got the same bug with latest version now. Resume dosen't help. Construction work, but new guard post doesn't appear on map.

I also lost "air support" button in menu, but i play at Hard now, so maybe it's a reason. (Military office built)

I would suggest to use a mod called "Moduload", this mod reinitializes Plugins and improtant stuff when u load ur savegame.

You can find it here in the forums or by searching it with google

Back from Holiday :cool:

Tweaking the fast-travel. You can create HC-groups in other menu in shift+1 menu and command those through high-command Ctrl+Space. There is some issues with artillery/mortar support. That worked for some weeks, then seems like something changed in the game. Working on that.

After undercover-mode, you can get new team-members free from friendly villages (until having more than 4 teammembers). May try to change that too to return the old team-mates if those are still alive.

Civilians reacting on gunpointing would be very nice addition, just need to make sure there isnt too heavy condition check for that.

Will check the conditions for that chopper transport, but it should always reset at least when getting far.

Will try to add more ways to deal enemy vehicles even if not having prestige or proper support unlocked.

I keep eye on the performance. There was some strange FPS drop for me too 2 weeks ago, still not sure what caused it, but havent got it again yet. The DEV-version is known to crash, but need to test it too again after this week pause.

Checking that fortress issue, could be some script performance leak or some variable getting wrong.

Hey man,

hope you had a great holiday.

I´ve noticed several frames issues too, on begin mission all is ok, but when progress of mission is further the game stops for a half second, something like a loading from Harddisk. I dont know how to explain this. My Game is of course on a SSD.

And i have again a special problem, only with your mission. Wehn i crash with Jet or Helicopter i didnt die, only the fire from the wreck is able to kill me when i dont use a medipack.

Comparing to this i went to the editor with the mods activated i got in your mission and in the editor i die instantly when crashing with an Aircraft. Could you maybe check the mission.sqm for an issue like that or where ever what could cause this issue?

location searching causes pauses (especially when have search going for flat locations). Will work on that. Currently you cant die in air vehicle, made changes for that to prevent player dying in mg fire. Improving that too.

location searching causes pauses (especially when have search going for flat locations). Will work on that. Currently you cant die in air vehicle, made changes for that to prevent player dying in mg fire. Improving that too.

So this means this issue is causing through your mission? If yes i could find a break, cause last days i were sorting out mods in my list. Change the dying in vehicles back to usual please. It breaks more immersion than getting shooted my a HMG .50 which is more realistic as surviving a crash with an Aircraft.

Woudl be great if you could release a small hotfixed version of that

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

Update coming tommorrow ;), tweaked already that but still to test. Also just tweaked respawn not to move alive team-mates from vehicles next to player. And if some team-mate have vehicle, player is moved near it. Also if CSAT vehicle kills player, crate with AT-launcher is dropped (if not playing with the hardest setting).

I have tested the various settings but couldnt find major difference, easy has the same amount of enemys spawning in areas like normal & hard..

btw: Germany plays good against Brazil, go Germany go^^

I have tested the various settings but couldnt find major difference, easy has the same amount of enemys spawning in areas like normal & hard..

btw: Germany plays good against Brazil, go Germany go^^

Today I can only quote Roosevelt: "Today is a Date Which Will Live in Infamy..." but then again, this Cup is full of surprises, let us hope Brazil at least get the Third place ;)

New WLA SP update (dropbox only). Quite small update, added many tweaks and improved some scripts. In undercover mode, press vest is now allowed. Bigger updates in near days (little busy also to write game reviews which could slow things for 1,5 weeks).

ps. That football match was insane. :D Almost all I know have been waiting Germany to win the whole thing, but big suprise how it went.

Edited by SaOk

New WLA SP update (dropbox, steam, withSix). Player respawning improvements (enemies no longer know your location), other tweaks/performance changes (less demanding location search).

The player respawning is made now in other more complex way. Let me know if there is some bugs hiding.

Yeah, great. I will try this in a couple of minutes. Noticed at yesterdays Version that i finially die in choppers and planes. Finally. This "not die after cras" was driven me crazy ^^

Bugreport will be posted, as always dude :)

Good morning ^^

I found a bug: i placed a Jet via MCC on Airfield to fly with that jet and kill some scum. After i flew (accidentaly.NOT) right into a CsatScumFace base i died how it should be. But the death and respawn takes away my MCC rights (so cant use it) and i respawn as an other Person, so i was McKay before flight, after respawn i were "Jackson" i think. Other Voice and so on. And other skincolor^^