SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

What I normally do is spend 200 points on something I wont use (heaps of trucks or useless buildings), then use MCC to toggle Arsenal. I think that's a good trade off. 200 to pick what weapon you want.

The current system is really bad compared to VAS and Arsenal. The UI/experience is unintuitive and harder to use.

This mod actually used to use VAS, why'd it stop anyway?

Edited by Coflash

@Flyguybc,@Coflash

There is already a choice/tab there in mission's start screen.

It says "Start with Arsenal".

It let's you FULLY tweak your starting gear in case you want to.

@sunhawken

I REALLY don't think it's even feasible.

You see..the mission is not linear-so the team leader can proceed to some predefined

tasks (with waypoints) so you can "follow and do your job".

It's totally up to you.

-Build relations with Resistance/Locals

-Sabotage

-Commanding other teams via *High commander menu

-Securing resource/strategic locations for benefits

-..and lots other things..

Edited by GiorgyGR

Yes but start with arsenal while useful for the start is not a good solution overall, once that gear is gone you have to go the pretty user unfriendly menu's its just not very good but i've posted about this before and i think he likes to put his own systems into the mission, which i guess is understandable.

Multiplayer update coming but will still take time, probably closer to late November (or very early next month). Have been having more pause from the game to find the best motivation again. :)

Could add access to virtual arsenal after the start too, some 300-500 prestige could be good price per access. My own gear system is there to have the gear gathering feature, also making it possible to change gear for team-mates. May update it more at some point, there is much old/upcoming features to work on.

Currently adding support for Iron Front A3-mod.

Edited by SaOk

Currently adding support for Iron Front A3-mod.

Dude....YES!!! I was just thinking about that the other day! You da man!

Totally get it Soak. Like I said the fact you have to scavenge gear is great and I understand the need for it in that system. I hope you took what I said as constructive critique. Like I said the system as a whole is impressive and ambitious.

Cool beans about iron front. Haven't played it before but watched the trailer and it looks cool!! Will iron front work on multiplayer too?

Loving the recent changes. This mission keeps getting better and better. Of course one of the things I like most about it is the base building, it's the only mission I've found that really integrates it into the mission.

On the latest DropBox version of the SP mission I've been noticing the following bugs:

1. After playing all weekend, my game has developed a weird issue with objects disappearing. When I leave my custom built base to take care of some tasks there are parts missing when I return. Mostly it's random parts of my base's walls consisting of the "Military Wall" object. I thought maybe I did something the first time, but the second time I took 10 minutes to run to a town just over 1km away to drop off some water. When I came back there were holes in different spots. I've also had the "Bar Gate" object disappear once.

2. I think this one is related to the first bug. After leaving my base to run some tasks after building up new items in my base and then returning to the base some of the items that I placed, but used the "Undo" function to remove have reappeared.

3. My squad members AimingAccuracy skill keeps getting reset to zero. All of the other stats are remaining constant.

Feature Request, could we get the following two items added to the base interface:

1. Negative Elevation: Being able to raise objects is very helpful, but occasionally they either don't actually touch the ground or I want to put them partially into the ground. Could we get the ability to lower the elevation to a negative value? I don't think we would need it to go very far.

2. Force Level: Occasionally I don't want an object to sit naturally on the terrain, I'd like to be able to force the object to a level position. An example of this is when putting sandbags or HESCO barriers on the side of steep incline. They end up looking like they should fall over. This combined with the Negative Elevation above would really allow for some more creative deployments.

Keep up the great work and THANK YOU!!!!

@Flyguybc,@Coflash

There is already a choice/tab there in mission's start screen.

It says "Start with Arsenal".

It let's you FULLY tweak your starting gear in case you want to.

Yes, we realise that, but we're not referring to that. We're talking about later on in the mission when you want to change weapons.

Hey SaOK, I found that I couldn't call in a RHS vehicle while playing the RHS version of your mission. The helicopter came to drop off the vehicle but it was carrying nothing. Is this because the RHS vehicles don't have roping points yet?

Yes, we realise that, but we're not referring to that. We're talking about later on in the mission when you want to change weapons.

Man, then simply add a mod which provides your desired Loadout system... Dear god.

He's just making a suggestion and some people dont want to download and run tonnes of mods....Dear god.

SaOk rejected the suggestion to use an other Loadout sytem multiple times, people need to deal with it. I run his mission with over 60 active mods and have no problems at all. And installing 1 mod to have desired loadout system isn´t too much to ask (for most humans)

I would suggest the mod outfit_gear, in this mod it´s possible to put the thing on your soldier you want to and of course its possible to save the created loadouts, you can load those saved loadouts on your mates too of course. The interface of the mod is like VAS/VirtualLoadout/etc

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

Thats fine but new people to the mode dont want to read 300 pages to see whats been discussed before and when you suggest something there doesn't need to be the "dear god" part, its a bit needless.

So you think my answer was offense? Maybe i misspelled it, English is not my native language and here in Germany you can build a sentence with a funny meant "herr gott - dear god" and has nothing offensive meaning :)

Thanks for all feedback, checking the issues.

The AI slingloading is still unstable for certain vehicles. Had to disable it for called gear crates, the crates usually ended above the chopper. That feature works very chaotically since there is multiple random working factors - setpos'ed vehicles may be static for short time before getting physics running again. The ropes also may cut easily if the carried object gets accelerated too heavily. Will see for improvements, but quite tricky to work with it. Vehicles that dont have rope attachment positions in config have more simple pos selected, it should still work the same.

Slowly getting iron front support running, will still need to rework some features for it since there is no choppers. Will also make the high commaning, call support and maybe some other features be only available if having radioman or static radio nearby. Should be more fitting for the WW2 setting. :)

I'm guessin' there will be some new features for the mods section of the WLA menu?

I mean, not right now, but later on.

Edited by Victruso
forgot to add something on.

Looking nice, :) still slowly working on the Iron Front support. Needing quite much tweaking, but should be ready in some days. After that will check other mod maps.

Improved mod section is possible later, but before that COOP updates.

I'm playing the latest version of SP and VTS Weapon Resting isn't working anymore. :(

Love the mission, keep it coming!

Is there any way to access the virtual arsenal after the mission starts? I know you can select it at mission start and it appears seemingly randomly after you insert, but is it possible to use it at a later date?

I'm playing the latest version of SP and VTS Weapon Resting isn't working anymore. :(

Love the mission, keep it coming!

Works fine for me. Maybe your frame rate was too low to initialize the script at mission start.

You can use this code in esc-menu (and press exec) to enter virtual arsenal:

["Open",true] SPAWN BIS_fnc_arsenal;

But cutscenes and maybe some other events may conflict partly with that.