SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Works fine for me. Maybe your frame rate was too low to initialize the script at mission start.

Err, no. I get 70+ FPS. VTS always says it initialises at mission start.

My friend has this issue too. I'm using the latest dropbox version, my friend is using latest steam workshop version.

It used to work fine for me within my modpack, but I haven't been playing WLA recently so I couldn't say which version of the mission it last worked on.

Are there any known mod conflicts?

Edited by Tavish

Just spotted that too. :) Will try to support it soon.

I have small theory why that VTS may get disabled, made some small change for next update but not sure if it helps. Will later test more the displayeventhandlers if one handler bug (from last year) would be gone.

Hmm, like mentioned, my VTS Weaponresting works, doesnt matter if i start a fresh mission or loading&Continue my mission.. So it´s not your Missions fault.

I use latest version of your mission

So it´s not your Missions fault.

It's not just me. For me and my friends VTS works in all game modes (vanilla and modded) apart from WLA SP. It's either something in the mission or an unseen mod conflict. I have even tried running just VTS and no others mods and still no weapon resting.

I have swapped to AGM's weapon resting for the time being, so it's no big issue. I just prefer VTS as it is small and simple.

But as you could read, for me and others VTS is working well, so the issue is propably on your and your friends side. Even when i start his mission with my usual amount of over 60 mods, even then VTS is working.

I would suggest you to install the mod "Moduload", this mod reinitializes mods which have trouble to initialize when loading a saved game or even while running mission.

Hey SaOK, I´ve just tried a cheap conversion of WLA to SMD Sahrani - just replaced the name with .smd_sahrani_a3 instead of .Altis - and I´ve failed miserably (the chopper just dropped me at the bottom of the ocean, and there lotsa enemy and friendly position down the water, so it was a major flop... hope you could make it compactible in a near future (same for Panthera, that Icebrekr island rocks)

Cheers!

Bingo. Moduload worked. Bit strange that i have to use it even from a new game...

Thanks for the assist Timewarp :)

Also, is there a way to remove a modded unit/vehicle from a list once added, or even remove existing units?

Edited by Tavish

;2825908']Hey SaOK' date=' I´ve just tried a cheap conversion of WLA to SMD Sahrani - just replaced the name with .smd_sahrani_a3 instead of .Altis - and I´ve failed miserably (the chopper just dropped me at the bottom of the ocean, and there lotsa enemy and friendly position down the water, so it was a major flop... hope you could make it compactible in a near future (same for Panthera, that Icebrekr island rocks)

Cheers![/quote']

On unsupported maps i would suggest you to use the Map which Popups with the first Settings in middle of the screen. Then navigate to your desired position where u want to be dropped and press 2xRMB to set the position for the start... (when u done all correctly a Green Symbol will popups on the map)

Bingo. Moduload worked. Bit strange that i have to use it even from a new game...

Thanks for the assist Timewarp :)

Also, is there a way to remove a modded unit/vehicle from a list once added, or even remove existing units?

U mean from the Modlist where you can add Vehicles and Units? If yes, yes its possible to edit those list, select the list you want to edit (List 1 example) and Load this list. When u loaded it you can klick the "Add Vehicles" tab, the list should show your saved vehicles, to delete a vehicle from one of the faction you need to navigate your mouse to the tab of a faction and then simply klick LMB directly on the list where the vehicles are stored and klick "Remove last Unit"

On unsupported maps i would suggest you to use the Map which Popups with the first Settings in middle of the screen. Then navigate to your desired position where u want to be dropped and press 2xRMB to set the position for the start... (when u done all correctly a Green Symbol will popups on the map)

Wow, that´s nice, thanks LSD, I thought it was all random, but I see I can control my drop point (and then camps, enemy bases, etc are spawned all around), so it helps =)

gotta try tonight again on Sahrani!

Cheers!

Is there any way to access the virtual arsenal after the mission starts? I know you can select it at mission start and it appears seemingly randomly after you insert, but is it possible to use it at a later date?

Virtual Arsenal or ASOR's Gear Selector replacing the Gear menu for your extra units.

That would be amazing.

Over 400 hours in WLA now... I guess I like it and the constant improvements / updates / bug fixes... Thank you for all you do SaOk.

When base building and setting AI weapons, I sometimes set them on top of something. Because the arrow is not an accurate measure of where the weapon will be placed, I end up have to delete the weapon and repositioning it. If spend 40 P to place it, but when I delete it to move it, I only get 26 P back for a net loss of P (or some such similar amounts).

If this is by design, I wonder what the logic is behind it?

I only mention this because when I am starting out, I do not have a whole lotta P to spend and don't like being penalized for trying to get the placement correct.

Regardless, thank you for this MOD / Scenario.

Patrick "Gunner62" Soule

Every time I get dropped off by air the helicopter lifts off before all my men are out so half of my team falls to their deaths.

Where can I find the sound mod that is mentioned on mission start? What is it for anyway?

Sound mod links are on the first post, Playwith Six and SaOk's dropbox is where to get it.

I will try to add some timer for placed guns and other to have full refund when using undo. Just not wanting player to replace constantly destroyed guns/vehicles without penalty.

Hoping to add Sahrani support soon, still working on iron front support. Required much more work than orginally thought. Update almost ready, but still tweaking and testing it some more. Release in near day.

Edited by SaOk

New WLA SP Test Version (only in dropbox for now). Added Automatic Iron Front mod support + Staszow map support. +Other tweaks.

Needs still more testing and I continue tweaking the IF support. Let me know if spotting some bad bugs.

Edit: Btw. Iron Front seem to be -50% off in steam until 2nd December. You will also need the DLC to use Iron Front units.

Edited by SaOk

There was some default ArmA3 vehicles and units used even having mod template turned on, also correcting some events with RHS Escalation. Some small fixes too.

hello, im new to arma3 and wla. could someone help with few questions

- is it possible to remove (delete) already placed objects after save-reload?

- how to rearm vehicles in early game (first base created)? figured out the repair process, just rearming is giving me trouble.

thanx

Hi, when entering construct-menu near wanted post, you can undo objects/weapons after save-reload too. The latest added content is always deleted first. You can rearm using the special depot structure build for guardposts. Stand near it while pointing at the vehicle and pressing Y.

ty for all the hard wok and dedication man. havent spent more than 10 hours messing around in wla, potential seems limitless. as a kid playing ofp, i usd to dream about persistant/dynamic campaigns like i see now in wla.

massive respect.

Thanks :) I hope to expand the concept much more during next year.

i see in the notes there is ability to create a guardpost, or an automated ai team

(no ability to determine facing). but all i can find in shift-c option is individual ai stationary guys with weapons (hmg, at, aa...)

how to find those automated guys that come with a guardpost?

Edited by PapaStalin

You need to commit tasks to unclock the AI guard category in that construct system. Also much stuff in call support function requires progress in tasks too. Unless you unlock all assets in mission start options (when starting new game).