Sign in to follow this  
Horner

Extensiveness of Scripting in the Alpha

Simple control of artillery fire improves my mood today. Forced "fire a weapon" too. Who knows, what else future holds... :)

I wonder if the language command returns the language of the game (like English, German, etc) or if it's used elsewhere (like language of an ingame unit for example). If it's the former it might come in handy when doing translations actually.

I wonder if the language command returns the language of the game (like English, German, etc) or if it's used elsewhere (like language of an ingame unit for example). If it's the former it might come in handy when doing translations actually.

The language of the game.

@DarkDruid thx for the info. :)

Only thing I think that could effect is a soldiers endurance.

And particle effects, apparently. There seem to be a even more obscure weather-related commands coming in though. I can't imagine for the life of me what the rainbow command will be useful for. :confused:

Except perhaps:

if (rainbow >= 2) then {

OQSNhk5ICTI

};

if (rainbow >= 2) then {hint "Look, how beautiful rainbow!";_happy = player getVariable "Happy";player setVariable ["Happy",_happy + rainbow]};

:)

I suppose "uniformItems", "handgunItems", "primaryWeaponItems" and "secondaryWeaponItems" are for attachments. Would indicate that the uniform can have attachments too, probably boots, gloves, etc...

In any case, thanks BIS, this is starting out well...

Wait, I never knew 'Wind' was in :butbut:

setWindStre and 'Gusts' ....when was all this confirmed? I'm so dumb :(

I hope they add in a ragdoll command. something like -- player doRagdoll true; or player doRagdoll false;

This would make the unit ragdoll right away - could simulate a strong gust of wind if used with setvelocity.

It would also be funny - have a unit run down some stairs and trip! xD

Yup, maybe a command to activate the ragdoll-effects, when the player gets unconscious. And where's the command to change the gravity settings? I don't want 9.81 m/s^2 all the time. :)

This nicely put-together list by Druid is by no means the final list of Arma 3 scripting commands. There will still be new commands as we develop parts of the game and require them throughout Alpha and Beta. Hopefully we'd even find some time for commands requested by the community. There may also be commands that need to be cleaned out (features that did not make it in), or that pose too much of a risk to MP. We'll announce these changes so you can react to them and update scripts.

that' s good news. All the work done is not lost.

I note setfatigue witch indicate an a script of fatigue as we, in the community, develop on ArmA 2.

Is wind server-side in ArmA 3? Would be awesome to finally be able to have a realistic sniper/spotter scenario :D

Even humidity is in! I am stunned! But what's up with scripting commands related to PhysX and RTT?

tryed to look after this?:

[h=1]-setPiPEffect

-isPipEnabled

-disableCollisionWith

-enableCollisionWith[/h]

I wonder if trailers will be implemented in ArmA 3 (devbait).

tryed to look after this?:

[h=1]-setPiPEffect

-isPipEnabled

-disableCollisionWith

-enableCollisionWith[/h]

PiP is unrelated to PhysX. Collisions probably will be though, so it's a start. :D

I still want to be able to add arbitrary "areas of force" (directional or radial), so that you can push things around, simulate shock waves etc.

This nicely put-together list by Druid is by no means the final list of Arma 3 scripting commands. There will still be new commands as we develop parts of the game and require them throughout Alpha and Beta. Hopefully we'd even find some time for commands requested by the community. There may also be commands that need to be cleaned out (features that did not make it in), or that pose too much of a risk to MP. We'll announce these changes so you can react to them and update scripts.

That's great news! I'd like to see more PhysX related commands :)