Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

Only buying Alpha because I'm not interested in the extra stuff and it's soo dam cheap.

An alpha doesn't just mean "no extra stuff". It means, in most cases, it's a bug infested game that needs testing & ironing out, also known as an alpha. I mean, even a beta wouldn't cut it for me. Well to buy one anyhow.

Supporter Edition

Hopefully some of this fanboy supporter cash makes its way into the hands of Dwarden and the others who have spent far too many hours scouring the CIT and perfecting the BETA patches.

Supporter.

What is a scenario editor if not a mission editor?

In A2 we have the Scenario Editor, via the ‘Scenario’ section, into ‘My Missions’ and then ‘Create’, there you can make simple missions via that simple editor.

However the main mission Editor the bottom option called simply ‘Editor’. Now the fact they said a scenario editor, I have a nasty feeling they mean the weak/small version used in the scenario section..

There’s a big difference between the two, no I’ll correct that, there’s a massive difference between the two..:butbut:

Both however are Editor’s..

If there is no main 'Editor', that would mean, for me, no purchase:(. I have never played any BIS made campaigns, build my own for our group and for our ongoing campaign and that would need the full 'Editor' not the small weaker version..

Sounds bleak when they mention 'Scenario' Editor:(..

SUPPORTER.

Trade Arma X and the other games for Far Cry 3 and XCOM.

#WINNING

Oooo... profit! Are gifts actually trade-able on Steam? :D Like in a single transaction kind of deal - "I give you mine, you give me yours - both agree = profit", and not "I'll give you mine, you promise to send me yours some time later?"

I would have bought the Supporter Edition, but I can't, but on March 5th I can and I will.

Supporter Edition

Gluck to you all getting within the first 500

ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ!

---------- Post added at 01:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

I would have bought the Supporter Edition, but I can't, but on March 5th I can and I will.

It's only available for purchase starting March 5th, so eh...

An alpha doesn't just mean "no extra stuff". It means, in most cases, it's a bug infested game that needs testing & ironing out, also known as an alpha. I mean, even a beta wouldn't cut it for me. Well to buy one anyhow.
If BI would rename the editions then things would be clearer: every paid edition = the full "stable build" game is delivered to you in Q3 2013, but paying earlier (call it preordering if you like) results in a lower price compared to the price of a "stable build" in Q3 2013, and grants access to limited content to play around/start editing with months ahead of that.

I will buy Supporter Edition if it comes in a retail version or a boxed copy shipment. If a boxed copy for supporter edition is not available then I'll just be buying Alpha.

I Would Probably Buy The Alpha as a test to see if i need a new rig first, when the full game comes i will buy the cd version (so i dont need to worry about my bandwith downloading everything and all) and give the other key to my brother to play with me

Have to go with Supporter Addition, probably one of the best ArmA series deals you can find (ArmA X, ArmA Cold War Assault, ArmA 3 Alpha/Beta/Full game/DLC's all for $70? :yay:).

supporter for me cause arma 2 warfare is the only reason i buy the original game. I tried the pirate copy for a few hours and damn, grab my car keys and went straight to the shop looking for the box copy and this is the 1st time i'm buying an original game too.

Arma 2 is the 1st original game that i bought after years of pirating, that's how great it is to me. I used to play close combat 3 : The Russian Front, one of the best ww2 simulator i would say even though it's a top down game but with a great moral system, experience, accurate penetration value and etc. I keep thinking it would be great if someone could make a 3D version of this and damn arma2 warfare came out.

Great work BIS, i'm for one gonna be one of your loyal fan. (Carrier command and that wwII game kinda sucks tho)

But looking at how the AI evolves after updates by updates, i'm having great hope for this series especially with the active part from the community too. Keep up the good work!!

Have to go with Supporter Addition, probably one of the best ArmA series deals you can find (ArmA X, ArmA Cold War Assault, ArmA 3 Alpha/Beta/Full game/DLC's all for $70? :yay:).

Supporter is $91, the 70 is in pounds.

I haven't chosen yet but what does the punishment entail?

Edited by NodUnit

Thanks! Somehow managed to miss that, but I still think its a pretty awesome price for the content you receive (Especially for relative ArmA newbies like me, who have only played ArmA 2)

It's £59.99, correct in USDs tho,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?122794-ARMA-3-development-blog-amp-reveals/page461&p=2304085#post2304085

Hi Ryan, we are still going to add the various currencies to the webpage, but the prices are: Arma 3 Alpha (24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP/32.99 USD), Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition (39.99 EUR/34.99 GBP/49.99 USD) & Arma 3 Supporter Edition (69.99 EUR/59.99 GBP/91.99 USD). Hope that makes it a bit more clear!

If BI would rename the editions then things would be clearer: every paid edition = the full "stable build" game is delivered to you in Q3 2013, but paying earlier (call it preordering if you like) results in a lower price compared to the price of a "stable build" in Q3 2013, and grants access to limited content to play around/start editing with months ahead of that.

Gotcha. Admittedly I didn't do any research into this matter, I just seen "Alpha" for sale basically.

Guys shhhhhhhhhhhhh This isn't cheap for aussie's lol

The exchange rate isn't that high, are you getting slapped with some sort of import tax? Australia is truly upside-down. :cc:

Digital Deluxe Edition.

I already have Cold War and ArmA X at steam...

Any version you buy now will get the full standard version of the game on release. Only the Apha Lite (invite only) is just purely the Alpha test.

until when are these offers available till? i.e can we still buy arma 3 in the same price 2 weeks later?

until when are these offers available till? i.e can we still buy arma 3 in the same price 2 weeks later?

The offer should still be the same until Beta launches which is in Q2 of this year. If people wanna try before they buy then that won't be a problem but people just gotta remember its ALPHA so things will change. (Beta is € 10 more but still cheaper than release)

BIS wants feedback for ArmA3 improvement? which is why they're releasing the alpha version ( hope it is not about $$$), we've given you a ton of feedback, fix the damn AI. it is not optimized for multiplayer due to all of the stuttering thing nor is it optimized for single player due to stupid AI.

As for which version am I going to buy? none