Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

You will still need Steam account and client to play Arma 3, but you can only buy the Supporter Edition through BI store; on Steam's own Web site you can only buy the Arma 3 regular alpha and Arma 3 Digital Deluxe alpha.

You will still need Steam account and client to play Arma 3, but you can only buy the Supporter Edition through BI store; on Steam's own Web site you can only buy the Arma 3 regular alpha and Arma 3 Digital Deluxe alpha.
Ok, I guess it will be a regular install then?

What benifits does steam have besides having a place to buy games?

thanks

Ok, I guess it will be a regular install then?

What benifits does steam have besides having a place to buy games?

thanks

Steam - when compared to some recent DRM has the advantage of being able to install and play your games from multiple pc's as long as you are only signed into your account on one of those machines, ie.. you cant play it simultaneously on 2 machines.

Theres also the fact that in comparison to CD's, when your CD is ruined, theres no need to obtain another, or find some form of 'no-cd' crack, other than that imo, none really.

The worst part of steam is not being able to sell or give away your games when your done with them, wont affect arma 3 for me, but with some other rubbish, I cant even give them my kids to play. Mind you, other DRM with max activation etc prevented this too. I have around 260 games on steam atm, most of which I wish I could give away :)

Perhaps this may be considered a benefit (perhaps not) but the implementation should be so much more improved when compared to that of A2 / A2OA which isn't really integrated.. As such it can be a real pain in the backside trying to get it to work as combined op's with all the addons, especially after a fresh / new install.

I would love to get the Supporters Edition but can't afford that at the moment. I'll be getting the Digital Deluxe version for myself and the Regular version for a friend from my unit. Even with all those novelty items, we're still here for the game aren't we?

Here's a question that probably has been answered, so I apologize in advance.

The SE includes gift copies of Arma CWA and Arma X. But Arma X includes CWA if I'm not mistaken. So does that mean two copies of CWA?

Here's a question that probably has been answered, so I apologize in advance.

The SE includes gift copies of Arma CWA and Arma X. But Arma X includes CWA if I'm not mistaken. So does that mean two copies of CWA?

That's correct, you'll have two copies of CWA. You can just give the extra to a friend.

Thanks. Actually I already have CWA on Steam so that's 2 extra copies :p I don't think I could find anyone who would want it, midst all the A3 excitement.

Although i actually own all BIS products and DLCs bar TKOH and CC, i will surely buy the support bundle. Not because i want to end up in the credits or anything alike (i find that such a lame reason), but because i want to pay BI what they deserve for a game that will have a life for a looot longer that most. Besides, my OFP disks are pretty fucked up, and my A1 is on sprocket (i have a backup image around here some place). So neither a OFP or A1 would do me harm. Besides i can always give my A2 and OA to my brother and keep the ones from ArmA X ;)

Not a fan if this multiple payment options model... actually I would have wanted to pay up to 60 EUR

on the initial release, without DLC, digital music download and maps etc... Now there's a more expensive version that I don't want and the cheaper version(s) don't have everything I want.

Paying for an unfinished product... Nope.

Also, we will need Steam to play... pfff I don't want to be dependent of Steam...

I looked forward to ArmA 3, but this is a bit dispointing.

Just wait till the full release, the prices will rise over the alpha/beta process and you'll be able to buy it for your beloved 60 EUR.

Jeez, people nowadays...

---[Edit]---

I wonder if the 'Arma X' in the Supporter's edition will be Steam only like Arma 3.

I have the CD versions of Arma 2 & OA, bought BAF DLC through Sprocket but didn't buy PMC (or ACR), but if I get the Supporter's edition I may as well give PMC a play, but I guess there's already a section somewhere in the Arma2 thread about this so i'm getting a little OT..

but yea to answer OP, Supporter's edition, seems like a no-brainer.

Edited by SASrecon

Would love to buy the supporter pack, but its more than i can spare at the moment, and the deluxe doesnt have any really worthwhile goodies, but the basic pack, $33 for the full game and alpha/beta access? Awesome, looking forward to playing around with the game.

I wonder if the 'Arma X' in the Supporter's edition will be Steam only like Arma 3.

55D8exs.png

Sheeeeit! Just realized I am going to have to upgrade my computer from windows xp to use the alpha... well sorry BI but I definitely won't be able to afford the supporter version and windows 7. Looks like I'll only be going with the DD or possibly even just the standard alpha. Guess that's one less person for you guys wanting to be in the credits to worry about.

I am still interested to know what the digital tactical guide is, if anyone from BIS could tell us a bit about it, it would be much appreciated.

I am still interested to know what the digital tactical guide is, if anyone from BIS could tell us a bit about it, it would be much appreciated.

Could be some form of limited edition, 10-15 page tacticool booklet of the latest additions and improvements in ArmA III, like the stance system, weapon & gear modification, etc. Advanced tactics ala Shacktac, even if viewed through the eyes of a lone trainee soldier (not squad-based), would be a pleasant surprise.

I think it's just a regular manual. troll.png

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Will the name in the credits be our real names or our usernames and if it will be our real names how do we provide them for the credits. I'm interested now because I want to be in in the first 500 if I buy the most expensive version.

Will the name in the credits be our real names or our usernames and if it will be our real names how do we provide them for the credits. I'm interested now because I want to be in in the first 500 if I buy the most expensive version.

The one that you've provided on your BIStore account. AFAIK

Makes sense. Do you know if the username will be included because I have not created a BIStore account yet and am wondering which of my online gaming aliases I should go with.

For those thinking this is a jip system take a look at Star Citizens Alpha packages! $40 (second tier) just to have access going all the way up to $2700 Grand Admiral in which you get year long sim-spaceship insurance, a few trinkets and blueprints along with some "Thank You" CD's. And yet...no ingame credits....

Seriously now you have to buy insurance for your video game vehicles..? Imagine had BI done that :p

And this in times when the same people start to get in trouble paying insurrances for their real life property...world is going pervert. I already know of people spending 50% of their income on virtual "goods" and the hardware to run it...its really sick....Online a king and RL all the time broke.

Seriously now you have to buy insurance for your video game vehicles..? Imagine had BI done that :p

Do not give them crazy ideas! They might do that to generate even more income from their fans without doing any work. :)

For those thinking this is a jip system take a look at Star Citizens Alpha packages! $40 (second tier) just to have access going all the way up to $2700 Grand Admiral in which you get year long sim-spaceship insurance, a few trinkets and blueprints along with some "Thank You" CD's. And yet...no ingame credits....

Eh, if people have the spare money and they WANT to give that much..I mean just look at Jerry's video of all the Operation Arrowhead discs, not to mention all the tat you apparently get in that bigass bundle though I'm sure it is going to drive some "pay to fuck over everyone else" not just to win arguements.

That said, I don't think BI would put vehicle insurance into the game, there is no need of it but if they do then comparisons are likely to pop up between EA's idea for charging real money for ammo in battlefield..and then shit hits the fan and the moderators wind up banning half of the forum.

Edited by NodUnit

Sheeeeit! Just realized I am going to have to upgrade my computer from windows xp to use the alpha... well sorry BI but I definitely won't be able to afford the supporter version and windows 7. Looks like I'll only be going with the DD or possibly even just the standard alpha. Guess that's one less person for you guys wanting to be in the credits to worry about.

Bummer. I was also on WinXP, and had to bought Win7. Installing tomorrow.

Most likely going to buy the Supporter later today when at home, seeing the DLCs ( And i guess there will be at least 3 of those ) and other stuff included makes this a fair offer i think.

After over 10+ years of playing BIS games that seems the best choice for me anyway.

Personally i would really love to own a Boxed game though, seems the Era of Boxes is really over :(