Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

Definitely supporter. I have been waiting too long for this game, and I think that getting the most in one expensive pack in the beginning instead of getting less paying more over time is a logical choice.

WTF are you talking about!

There is MP and there is mod capability, so i guess you didn´t really read the alpha announcement!

Not in the free version ;)

An Alpha can be whatever the developers want it to be. Don't get attached to labels.

I gues they wouldnt call it an alpha if the developers didnt want it to be an alpha.

Well if I had my tax return i'd prob get supporter but otherwise I'm prob just gonna get the Alpha version. Reminds me of Minecraft because you could buy the game cheaper if you were their for the start. Either way I need to feed my addiction of wanting to play this game even if the Alpha is 20k that's enough for me to get my fix. I want to test compatibility, see how developed the game is for Alpha (don't care about bugs due to it being an alpha and i expect them), see the new lighting is a big one for me and testing all the new positions and movement.

I was expecting an Open Alpha which everyone will be able to download and test for a few weeks!

That would be a poor business practice nowadays.

There hasn't been a "free, open" Alpha for any game on my memory in a long, long time. Open betas? Even those are only for MMOs.

accidental post again... remove if u want.

anyways:

Very excited that I saw the website up. Didn't expect news as great as this

Alpha for me all teh way - I want to be in from the start of this game after only getting in on ARMA 2 relatively late

Supporter Edition all the way, got to show BIS appreciation for always having the best intentions for their fanbase.

If Supporter ended up being closer to $65-75 USD then I might consider it. If it's the "direct conversion" price of $90+ I just can't swing it. :(

Supporter. 1 reason only; I dont mind giving BIS a little extra after all the hours of fun they been giving me since 2001.

I dont care about the music, maps, armax and definitely not the badge, but to get the DLC's for free is convenient.

If Supporter ended up being closer to $65-75 USD then I might consider it. If it's the "direct conversion" price of $90+ I just can't swing it. :(

The supporter version could support the long time members of the given community with a discount.

The supporter version could support the long time members of the given community with a discount.

Not everyone really can fork the money out... and not everyone will but I know BIS will get their deserved money :)

Edited by Zyromkiru

I mean I haven't even got a PC yet, I'm a Mac guy. Dont Hate! But I still am going to buy Alpha after watching 6 months of videos and livestreams of ArmA 2 and DayZ. Hopefully I will get a PC to run the game soon but I just want to support the devs for the great work.

still all free dlc's but you wont get the standalone dlc's which is really bad... i guess

I’m going to ask the wife…:o

I hope ‘Supporter’, where’s the number for that florist..;).

Just thought, these are all just digital downloads, yes ?:(

Getting uber deluxe edition. Might upgrade to the ultimate package later if its possible but getting dayz is on my list as well.

Thats right

So many supporters. Pls wait though, I wanna be among the first 500. :D

I would like to buy Supporter Edition but because it is not sure that it will come with DLC so maybe I will wait for the first expansion or buy alpha.

Alpha here, i would like to buy the supporter version, but i'm low on money =(

Mmm not sure quite yet. I want to buy the supporter but really it isn't all that cost efficient, especially considering I already have Cold war assault and most of the arma x components. I want to see what the tactical guide is. That may help sway my decision.

i would buy supporter for sure, but then i have to be hungry for a month, as much i love BIS, alpha for 25€ sounds fair enough to me, since digital doesnt make sense to me, i have arma X and coldwar already.

I am more than willing to support a company that has stuck with its game and listened to it's community from the very beginning... Supporter all the way.

I'll be buying supporter as well. I don't care that I already have ArmAX, or whatever. I've already bought many of the games multiple times (lost CDs, no longer wanted steam on my computer[so much for that, now], etc), but BIS has given me so much over the past 12 years...a fun game, the ability to expand my skills, and even a community of new friends...I don't mind spending a little extra in order to reward them.

Abs