251 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you want.

• Battleye
    • Punkbuster
    • Vac
    • Others

watch your mouth K3lt! not sure who you think you are addressing

Tone it down, please.

Is there anyway to sort out devbuilds via server config? You can set "requiredBuild = 102571;", but that would only block build version "below" 102571 not above.

I tried using that in my config, but it did not help. About 10 minutes into bringing the server up again, it happened again.

Back on topic:

I for one hope if they stick with BE that it gets improved in some way. If not I hope they switch.

Reason:

We had a hacker join our server and after finding him I spectated him record it (showing him tp'ing, running god mode, and spawning in vehicles right in front of himself) and sent it along to BE...almost a month later the hacker tried to join our server again (so was obviously not banned yet).

BUT one of our admins got banned by BE for no apparent reason other than using the implemented admin functions on our server which allow you to spectate, view player locations, delete hacked in vehicles, etc. All of which we (and he) have used for legit admin purposes only. When he tried to battle it their reply: "We will not remove Global Bans. The case has been closed.". It is BS that the few (very few hopefully) that get a false positive are screwed out of the money they spent on the game and BE is unwilling to investigate the false positive.

BUT one of our admins got banned by BE for no apparent reason other than using the implemented admin functions on our server which allow you to spectate, view player locations, delete hacked in vehicles, etc. All of which we (and he) have used for legit admin purposes only. When he tried to battle it their reply: "We will not remove Global Bans. The case has been closed.". It is BS that the few (very few hopefully) that get a false positive are screwed out of the money they spent on the game and BE is unwilling to investigate the false positive.

Neither did he get banned for using admin functions nor did he receive the response you posted. Every case is investigated and if the ban is found to be valid it's obviously not lifted. I suspect he is one of the thousands of cd-key theft victims and therefore only BI support can help him. He was clearly advised to contact them if he was innocent.

Tone it down, please.

say what now? i bought this game just like everybody.... ok most of the rest who didn't get it for free. so there for i am entitled to an answer (fair answer) just like veryone else am i correct? so i am not entitled to be to to shut up by someone i dont even know.

so yes i gave a reply fitting to the recipient. for which i am quite entitled.

so as a paying customer. no MAX i will not tone it down when some snooty kid tells me to shut up.

Edited by Colt45_GTO

I disagree, I've seen this happen on servers I was playing on, and it was done intentionally by individual people! So lying about this and placing the blame somewhere it's not is not acceptible, we arn't that stupid, and were not born yesterday, these are NOT just game bugs! A game bug is me spending my money on a game that Bohemia was aware would be at risk.

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

I don't want to hear excuses by game developers who sell the work of beta testing to the general public, because they want their money before the game is even released in full. I bought the Alpha and I understand there will be hangups, and crashes which I've encountered, and lived with, because I know these problems will be addressed. I can handle that, but what I can't handle are these 15 year old punks, and hacker wanna-be's, who download free software offered on the internet, that are not even HACKS, are like the cheat trainers you see in some of the older games that you activate before running the game. But it's a security threat none the less, and it needs to be addressed. The server I was playing on was attacked in this manner, turning everyone into sea gulls. Server restart fixed it, then the hacker wanna-be got pissed, and did it again. I left the server and went to two other servers, that didn't fare much better. So I could not play the game hardly any yesterday. This is NOT a bug, it's a malicious intent, done by malicious people, and if Bohemia has done this as an attempt to flat out cancel Arma 3 due to prediction failures, the gamers won't be as forgiving. This is absurd. Obviously Battleeye is not activated, if it can even address this problem. I'm not expecting a solution, because I've read other posts here as well, and they're having the same problems, I've encountered, I'm just angry, and I have a right to be, and I don't want some Bohemian person telling me it's a game bug, because I know it's NOT. Who should know? Someone whose played the game and encountered it, or people who can't even beta test their own games. It's becoming a trend in the gaming market!

Dude nobody is stopping you from starting to play the game when it's 1.0

Nobody is forcing you to play an alpha.

Considering that you also got a -50% discount you should chillax.

Your a smart one! The money is not the issue here! Just because noone is sticking a gun to my head when I buy the game, doesn't mean I deserve less, as opposed when I buy a GOOD game at full price like X3 Terran Conflict, that I've not encountered such problems with. So read the freaking post before you start telling me I'm getting a good deal on being ripped off!

Harold, the people being turned into birds is a bug, it happens when someone using different build joins the game. It was not intented of course, game is in alpha stage, crap happens.

It's hard to understand your anger. No-one forced you to buy the game. There is the "Alpha" in the name of the game currently (which means that it hasn't reached beta stage yet) and you have been noted during the purchase that the game is not ready yet. You got the game -50% cheaper than what it will be when the game is released, so you'll get the same content (even more if we take alpha and beta stages into account) with ridiculously cheap price. Consider this as 1. possibility to test, play and affect to the development of game and 2. possibility to get the game with ridiculously cheap price.

Another option would have been delaying the release and sell way more buggy game with much higher price, so you don't actually loose anything, but win instead. That's why your anger just puzzles me. Calm down, if you're not happy yet, leave now and come back in 4-6 months and play the release version. In addition, you have got it 50% cheaper. Not a bad deal!

I'd like to see VAC as the new anticheat system, simply because it allows for global bans of your entire steam account, which might make some people think twice before they cheat or hack in MP.

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

Your a smart one! The money is not the issue here! Just because noone is sticking a gun to my head when I buy the game, doesn't mean I deserve less, as opposed when I buy a GOOD game at full price like X3 Terran Conflict, that I've not encountered such problems with. So read the freaking post before you start telling me I'm getting a good deal on being ripped off!

honestly you have no idea what you're talking about... You basically pre ordered the game, and because of that you got early alpha access to said game. And because this game is an early alpha, things like the bugs (or hacks or whatever else might happen), are perfectly normal and are expected. Afaik there isn't even an anti cheat engine in place at the moment. So chill out! If you don't know what to expect from an alpha build, you might be better off coming back once the game is in late beta or after the release.

say what now? i bought this game just like everybody.... ok most of the rest who didn't get it for free. so there for i am entitled to an answer (fair answer) just like veryone else am i correct? so i am not entitled to be to to shut up by someone i dont even know.

so yes i gave a reply fitting to the recipient. for which i am quite entitled.

so as a paying customer. no MAX i will not tone it down when some snooty kid tells me to shut up.

If you think a user is breaking the forum rules, by flamebaiting, say, please use the report button. It's what it's there for. I can't address issues I am not aware of. I am however aware of your belligerent attitude. If you have any comment about my moderating actions, please PM me about it. In the meantime, tone it down and respect the forum rules, please. I won't ask you again.

---------- Post added at 03:41 ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 ----------

I had the same error when using latest development build, so before you call someone a cheater or script kiddie get yourself informed or shut up.

And yes i was called hacker on few servers too, so i just rolled back this update, some people are just brain washed.

This diction seems uncalled for. I'm not sure what your aim was, but I am sure I would be annoyed if you were addressing me. If you wish to avoid flamebaiting infractions in the future, I would suggest rethinking the manner in which you post.

I'd like to see VAC as the new anticheat system, simply because it allows for global bans of your entire steam account, which might make some people think twice before they cheat or hack in MP.

No, it doesn't. VAC only bans you in the game you cheated in

So what? Most cheaters will make alternate Steam accounts to cheat in VAC games.

Sounds pretty expensive? They would have to keep buying the game for every new Steam account.

So what? Most cheaters will make alternate Steam accounts to cheat in VAC games.

So what are you suggesting? Punkbuster for hardware id bans?

Sounds pretty expensive? They would have to keep buying the game for every new Steam account.

It's the same as buying a new CD key when you get PB/BE banned

If a cheater has a normal Steam account with a lot of games, it's pretty logical that he will make another account that he will use to cheat. He will only buy the game on the alternate account.

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

So what are you suggesting? Punkbuster for hardware id bans?

I'm saying that public flagging doesn't really matter...

It's the same as buying a new CD key when you get PB/BE banned

If a cheater has a normal Steam account with a lot of games, it's pretty logical that he will make another account that he will use to cheat. He will only buy the game on the alternate account.

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

I'm saying that public flagging doesn't really matter...

It's not that easy, because it's not only the username to identify you, on Steam you must signup with your (supposed) real identity and if you wanna fake it, then you have to fake the payment method as well, anytime you wanna use a new cd-key ... having multiple paypal accounts or many credit cards isn't easy like simply adding a new "stolen" CD-KEY.

So having your steam account banned or flagged is much more effective than simply having your CD-KEY banned.

It's not that easy, because it's not only the username to identify you, on Steam you must signup with your (supposed) real identity and if you wanna fake it, then you have to fake the payment method as well, anytime you wanna use a new cd-key ... having multiple paypal accounts or many credit cards isn't easy like simply adding a new "stolen" CD-KEY.

So having your steam account banned or flagged is much more effective than simply having your CD-KEY banned.

His argument is that this is no argument for VAC or against BE, because BE bans would be equally effective.

That is not exacly true, not looking far I was buing on steam second Arma 2 on my girlfriend account using my paypal. No issue with that. Also I dont see reason why should be an issue, example: parrent buying for kid. So basicly you can have different accounts and use the same payment method. Btw. who belives that steam cares about fake accounts as long as you pay? :)

who belives that steam cares about fake accounts as long as you pay? :)

Well there are people that believe Valve will steal their mods after workshop integration so.. ;) But that's slight OT.

I highly advise the developers to drop battleeye and get something that can stop client side script injection like VAC, theres already script executers, first godmodes, infinite ammo etc for arma 3 out there and its still possible to bypass battleeye with CHEAT ENGINE or any random memory editor

Bohemia learned absolutely nothing from the DayZ disaster. Battleeye is a joke and should be dropped a long time ago.

For everyone who defends Battleeye, you are digging arma's own grave, the only way to bypass hackers in arma 2 at the moment is private servers and custom anti cheats.

But clearly looking at the poll and seeing that BE has the most votes, the "mature" Arma community has no clue whats actually going on in the scripting communities while they are laughing their ass off for another few years of unlimited hacking possibilities.

Atleast the DayZ Standalone will have it right with server sided sqf's

Edited by lolwtfbbq

His argument is that this is no argument for VAC or against BE, because BE bans would be equally effective.

Exactly. BE could flag/ban Steam ID's the same way, the only difference would be the public notification, which doesn't really matter unless the cheaters account is somewhat popular.

I highly advise the developers to drop battleeye and get something that can stop client side script injection like VAC, theres already script executers, first godmodes, infinite ammo etc for arma 3 out there and its still possible to bypass battleeye with CHEAT ENGINE or any random memory editor

Bohemia learned absolutely nothing from the DayZ disaster. Battleeye is a joke and should be dropped a long time ago.

For everyone who defends Battleeye, you are digging arma's own grave, the only way to bypass hackers in arma 2 at the moment is private servers and custom anti cheats.

But clearly looking at the poll and seeing that BE has the most votes, the "mature" Arma community has no clue whats actually going on in the scripting communities while they are laughing their ass off for another few years of unlimited hacking possibilities.

Atleast the DayZ Standalone will have it right with server sided sqf's

BE is not in the A3 Alpha, and you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Using VAC in A3 would bury Arma.

Exactly. BE could flag/ban Steam ID's the same way, the only difference would be the public notification, which doesn't really matter unless the cheaters account is somewhat popular.

BE is not in the A3 Alpha, and you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Using VAC in A3 would bury Arma.

Could you elaborate how using VAC in A3 would bury Arma?

He actually made good point about BE in Arma2/DayZ. (and also AFAIK DayZ has already confirmed VAC as their anti cheat which is pretty significiant decision as we look at the current DayZ situation regarding hacking, basically on 1 out of 3 servers there are cheaters from my experience, so i'm pretty sure they have made extensive research about it)

Edited by k3lt