Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

the only items you can lift (as already noted) is the RHIB, M119 Arty piece and most Humvee based vehicles, to use it, enter the helo, hover directly over the target, use the scroll menu option "Deploy Sling ropes" when in the correct position a option "attach cargo" will appear, the problem is that said point is not directly ontop of the vehicle but rather either to the front of it or to the rear-left of it.

tnx man...i got it :D :D :D

Hello,

Very nice one ! I think the best one after little corrections, tested with my team :

- Fast rope do not work (I can deploy rope but no addAction to get out)

- Many many many addAction "Extract Cargo Rope"

- twice addAction with "Deploy Fastrope"

- And finally : can lift more vehicules (Trucks...and more?)

Thanks for all !

When you get the Action to deploy ropes, you have to wait a little while for it to automaticly make you slide down the ropes, It works for me fine :D & Yes, the other error's are being looked into.

Hi Konyo,

THX for this cool piece of work! Sound is awesome too.

I found some strange things and want to know if it's just me...

When AI uses fastrope they ignore combat mode once on the ground...

Thanks, glad you like the sound. Its a big improvment from the BIS model ;)

Havn't noticed this, i know they form diamond but will check.

Very nice bird, there's many missions it can be used in. One rather strange thing for me is a loadmaster constantly lying on the floor:) Not game-braking at all, just funny look.

When Sling loading the ACE GMV M2 and GMV MK19. they become invisible unless you drop them backon the ground again.

When Sling loading the ACE GMV M2 and GMV MK19. they become invisible unless you drop them backon the ground again.

How do you even slingload vehicles using the ACE System? :confused:

How do you even slingload vehicles using the ACE System? :confused:

get a ace sling rope ("ACE_Rope_M5"), attach it to the item to be slung e.g a humvee with your interaction menu, then hover over and have someone on the ground use their interaction menu on the vehicle on the ground to sling it.

but he's saying if you sling some humvees like the GMV's (open back with M249's on the side and front) they turn invisible until your drop them.

Very nice bird, there's many missions it can be used in. One rather strange thing for me is a loadmaster constantly lying on the floor Not game-braking at all, just funny look.

Yea, the option to allow the crew to move between thier position and the in cargo slots would be good.

only issue with ACE slingloading is it's not SP friendly. You require another person to attach whatever you're trying to sling to the ropes while the other person flies the aircraft. Working around it is rather difficult with stupid AI. Although not realistic, I like being able to sling things by myself since I don't play online

only issue with ACE slingloading is it's not SP friendly. You require another person to attach whatever you're trying to sling to the ropes while the other person flies the aircraft. Working around it is rather difficult with stupid AI. Although not realistic, I like being able to sling things by myself since I don't play online

I dont play online neither, so i cant test it with ACE. Ill just have to take the word a say it works :D

Also, this afternoon I've made a quick but good training mission for the MH-47E.. with a really good into music :p

This is the list of vehicle classes that the bug fixed sling ropes addon will work with:

HMMWV

HMMWV_M2, HMMWV,HMMWV50, HMMWV_MK19, HMMWV_TOW, HMMWV_Ambulance, HMMWV_Avenger, HMMWV_Armored, HMMWV_DES_EP1, HMMWV_MK19_DES_EP1, HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1, HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1, HMMWV_Avenger_DES_EP1, HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1, HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1, HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1, HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1, HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1, HMMWV_TOW_DES_EP1, HMMWV_Terminal_EP1, HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1

RHIB

RHIB, RHIB2Turret

M119

M119, M119_US_EP1

The system is not designed to work with ACE class vehicles or any vehicles that are not in this list. Konyo is in the process of adding a couple of other bits and pieces but there simply isn't the time required to add everything people are suggesting and these were the ones we considered most important and likely to be transported by the SOAR birds.

Edited by norrin

The system is not designed to work with ACE class vehicles or any vehicles that are not in this list. Konyo is in the process of adding a couple of other bits and pieces but there simply isn't the time required to add everything people are suggesting and these were the ones we considered most important and likely to be transported by the SOAR birds.

i didn't think it would, but either way, it does, the vehicles just go invisible, as does the HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1 and the avengers, it probably happens with others too but i have not the time to check.

i didn't think it would, but either way, it does, the vehicles just go invisible, as does the HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1 and the avengers, it probably happens with others too but i have not the time to check.

Jeez Scarecrow sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Please read my post again it distinctly says the bug fixed version, this will be released with the next update, its done but Konyo has "a couple of other bits and pieces" he wants to add first. As for it working with the ACE_HMMWV maybe I should have said:

"The system is not designed to work properly with ACE class vehicles or any vehicles that are not in this list."

I use AI to fly and they do a good job of sling rope. You do need a Pilot mod, one that has ability to chooses altitudes.

The ACE_hmmv list is fine.Thanks alot.

Awesome Bird!

Jeez Scarecrow sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Please read my post again it distinctly says the bug fixed version, this will be released with the next update, its done but Konyo has "a couple of other bits and pieces" he wants to add first. As for it working with the ACE_HMMWV maybe I should have said:

"The system is not designed to work properly with ACE class vehicles or any vehicles that are not in this list."

:( Sorry; i thought you where saying it wasn't designed to work with it at all, i also missed that you said the fixed version, i thought you where referring to the current version.

What about the Ai getting stuck on the fast rope?

What about the Ai getting stuck on the fast rope?

Myself and norrin have tryed to re-create this error, but we cant get it working.

I've moved the Ramp Geo LOD back so maybe he was catching the Geo LOD.

Anyway its working fine for me and norrin now, so fingers crossed :D

Video from our unit: Day 1 of finally having the chopper in our modpack ;)

PGcqrxEPKtk

Edited by Khaki

Video from our unit: Day 1 of finally having the chopper in our modpack ;)

Awesome video, glad you like it :D

Edited by konyo
removed quoted video; Sorry Foxhound :P

Sorry for the double post, but say for example I was building an Ammo Box that can stored in the MH-47 ;) Which weapons would you all think is good to store in it? Silenced Weapons, Flares & a SMAW?

AT4's, M72 Law's M4A1 SOCOM's, M249, MK 48's, M107, Apropriate ammo, Frags, Smoke, Flash, and maybe medical supplys (Assuming your using ACE)

Sorry for the double post, but say for example I was building an Ammo Box that can stored in the MH-47 ;) Which weapons would you all think is good to store in it? Silenced Weapons, Flares & a SMAW?

if you're going old era (early 90's) MP5's with collapsing stocks for the pilots and M16A2's for the crew, if you're going new era then just M4A1's of variying types.

AT4's, M72 Law's M4A1 SOCOM's, M249, MK 48's, M107, Apropriate ammo, Frags, Smoke, Flash, and maybe medical supplys (Assuming your using ACE)

Thats sounds about right... Noted ;)

Thats sounds about right... Noted ;)

I think AT Weapons, Ammo, And Grenades for sure, weapons maybe not. I forgot Strobes also, very important in the SF community.

This is great. I love it.

Issues

I've found that when using the regular one (not fixed ramp) altitude and speed stays at 0. Only when I put human cargo do I see the altitude and speed.

I found similar with fixed ramp. It only shows altitude and speed when moving. (no human cargo) but if i hover it goes to 0.

So for both versions I only get the option to sling load if I had human cargo. If i unload the humans, it stays. It's as if I can't use sling until i load the humans.

Side issue, The partial damaged wreck model is to clean. There is not a scratch on it. Nothing to show why it crashed. Unless the pieces of the blade and gun fell off by itself.

This last is strictly my opinion. which is worthless, but it might be helpful.

The heavily damaged model doesn't look so good upside down. If I wanted to place it in a map as a wreck (as you have it in the wreck section) it kind of looses something. It might as well be a rock. Most under the wreck section are there to be placed so its noticeable. Its not really much to look at upside down. I can flip it but then pieces end up suspended in air. Also I think Bi's damged chinook is upside down too. So no reason for 2 the same. But thats just my opinion. Which is meaningless :) But excellent work.

I think AT Weapons, Ammo, And Grenades for sure, weapons maybe not. I forgot Strobes also, very important in the SF community.

Ahh yes, IR Strobes would be very vital.

This is great. I love it.

Issues

I've found that when using the regular one (not fixed ramp) altitude and speed stays at 0. Only when I put human cargo do I see the altitude and speed.

I found similar with fixed ramp. It only shows altitude and speed when moving. (no human cargo) but if i hover it goes to 0.

So for both versions I only get the option to sling load if I had human cargo. If i unload the humans, it stays. It's as if I can't use sling until i load the humans.

Side issue, The partial damaged wreck model is to clean. There is not a scratch on it. Nothing to show why it crashed. Unless the pieces of the blade and gun fell off by itself.

This last is strictly my opinion. which is worthless, but it might be helpful.

The heavily damaged model doesn't look so good upside down. If I wanted to place it in a map as a wreck (as you have it in the wreck section) it kind of looses something. It might as well be a rock. Most under the wreck section are there to be placed so its noticeable. Its not really much to look at upside down. I can flip it but then pieces end up suspended in air. Also I think Bi's damged chinook is upside down too. So no reason for 2 the same. But thats just my opinion. Which is meaningless :) But excellent work.

The reason it shows 0 on the altitude meter, is because the model has a roadway LOD. It's a classic BIS ArmA2 bug. Every fly able model that has as walkable interior will show 0 on the altitude meter, provided they haven't found a walk around to the error.

If you look at the engine on the partial wrecked model, you will see ;)

It's had a fire onboard and had to make a hard emergency landing, and crew threw open door to rush out. Hence the gun on the floor.

Didn't know about the wreck spawning upside down, was fine when I last tested it but maybe I changed something a missed it. Will correct it so it spawns right way up.

Edited by konyo

New to version v1.1, you can now Sling Load Ammo.

EDA40F08-DC6C-4731-8BE4-A4E0A941CAA7-14347-00000FE2EF2C69D0.jpg