Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

FHQ Remington Weapon Pack

Those ACR are really awesome. Would you release them as a Christmas gift for us, Alwarren?

I'd love to release them for Christmas, but I doubt I will make it. If I do, there will probably be only the woodland variant in it, but I still have to do ten models (with the M320) and some magazine configs, I do have my doubts I will make that deadline.

eheh awesome!!!

hehe, fair enough, i must be going crazy...

No worries, I am thankful for the feedback. You were absolutely right with the M320, it's too small and I am correcting this right now. I would probably not have noticed it, or only after I made ten models and then had to go back and correct each of them. As it is now, this is the first GL model, and I can still correct it before I duplicate it :)

@Alwarren

Great look rifles, very impressive texture work :).

@Alwarren

Great look rifles, very impressive texture work :).

Hehe thank you. I yesterday stumbled upon a screenshot of my first ACR, and comparing them, the horrible texture work at that time immediately caught my eye... I think I did improve a bit:D, if I may say so myself

Dang Al - thats some fine looking stuff right there. I have to step up my game so you dont overtake me when it comes to texturing ^^

Dang Al - thats some fine looking stuff right there. I have to step up my game so you dont overtake me when it comes to texturing ^^

Thanks, fluttershy, but I don't think that is going to happen any time soon ;)I still have a long way ahead when it comes to texturing.

Wow, really amazing work. Really nice models and the textures are pretty damn sweet as well. My hat's off to you, sir. Certainly looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future, mate. :D

some variants look like they have both an eotech and an aimpoint, which seems quite pointless to me (pun intended^^). Or does it just look that way and the "aimpoint" is something else?

But I'm glad to see a silenced+ACOG variant. Too many weapons only have a silencer together with a cqb sight, which is a pity. I think the ACOG with additional ironsights or a reflex sight on top of it is the best choice for most situations. A suppressor is of course only really effective in terms of sound suppression if subsonic ammo is used, which lowers the effective range and thus an aimpoint would be enough. But even with default ammo it still does a lot to conceal the shooter without lowering the effective range. And also it lowers recoil by a considerable amount, it would be great if you dedicated some attention to that fact in your config.

Oh and btw, if you seek out a new opportunity to show your skill: what about the HK121, or MG5 dubbed in Bundeswehr service, where it will replace the trusty MG3 from some time next year on: http://www.heckler-koch.com/de/militaer/unternehmen/downloads.html (click on first link to watch the video)

some variants look like they have both an eotech and an aimpoint, which seems quite pointless to me (pun intended^^). Or does it just look that way and the "aimpoint" is something else?

It's a magnifier for the Eotech

As Varanon said.. it's a Eotech G33 HWS magnifier (see also here).

But I'm glad to see a silenced+ACOG variant. Too many weapons only have a silencer together with a cqb sight, which is a pity. I think the ACOG with additional ironsights or a reflex sight on top of it is the best choice for most situations. A suppressor is of course only really effective in terms of sound suppression if subsonic ammo is used, which lowers the effective range and thus an aimpoint would be enough. But even with default ammo it still does a lot to conceal the shooter without lowering the effective range. And also it lowers recoil by a considerable amount, it would be great if you dedicated some attention to that fact in your config.

There's a total of twenty different variants of ACR per camo in the pack (total of 80) plus a few extras in more "exotic" configs.

The silenced ammo is subsonic, so it's kind of harder to aim with it. The trajectory of the bullet is much higher, making aiming more difficult. The ACOG has a build-in red-dot as well as a secondary sight.

You're right about the recoil, I should probably lower it on the silenced variants.

Oh and btw, if you seek out a new opportunity to show your skill: what about the HK121, or MG5 dubbed in Bundeswehr service, where it will replace the trusty MG3 from some time next year on: http://www.heckler-koch.com/de/militaer/unternehmen/downloads.html (click on first link to watch the video)

I am not 100% sure what I will tackle next. I basically have three ideas:

- Another manufacturer, like H&K (I'd love to see more G63C variants and a HK 416C)

- A "commando" weapon pack with cross-manufacturer selection of compact or special purpose weapons.

- A "bullpup" pack with things like the F2000, TAR-21, and other bullpup rifle variants.

Not sure yet though :)

Looked at the vid... man, that gun looks cool ^^

New versoins are the Sechs sir!

Thanks

New versoins are the Sechs sir!

Thanks

Thank you :)

The good news is I am currently putting finishing touches to the pack, the update should be out soon, hopefully this weekend. It will include all four camo variants (Woodland, Desert, Black and Snow), GL and non-GL versions, silenced and loud, and a choice of iron sight, aimpoint, EoTech, EoTech G33, ACOG and HAMR sights.

...the update should be out soon, hopefully this weekend...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!:dancehead:

will include all four camo variants (Woodland, Desert, Black and Snow), GL and non-GL versions, silenced and loud, and a choice of iron sight, aimpoint, EoTech, EoTech G33, ACOG and HAMR sights.

OH SHI.... I just "hope" this won't be up till sunday evening, cuz then i'll have hard time getting to my airsoft team training =)))

Hi all!

Just released the update. See the first post for download link(s).

V1.1 now contains 96 variants of the Remington ACR (well actually twice as many, but half of them are with active laser and the other half with active flashlight).

Some of these are equipped with a Leupold Mk4 HAMR tactical scope. I tried to get the HAMR reticule working as expected. The center dot is at 200 meters, the beginning of the vertical line is 300, and each further marker is 100 meters further (900 at the bottom). The width of the lines match the shoulder width of a human target at that range.

As always, I'd like to hear any feedback you want to share. If you discover any issues, please let me know.

Have fun!

Thanks again Alwarren. Really appreciate all the work you've put into this pack. It is quite nice.

Very nice, thank you for your hard work, I appreciate it.

I really like the model(s) and even the sounds...but the unrealistic fireball muzzle flash ruins it for me. These kind of flash hiders (3-4 prongs) actually eliminate any kind of flash signature, even at night. Guess I'll stick with the ACE M4s for now...

Very nice, thank you for your hard work, I appreciate it.

I really like the model(s) and even the sounds...but the unrealistic fireball muzzle flash ruins it for me. These kind of flash hiders (3-4 prongs) actually eliminate any kind of flash signature, even at night. Guess I'll stick with the ACE M4s for now...

AFAIK this is the default muzzle brake that comes with the 2012 ACR. The flash is actually from the SCAR model, so I actually never gave it much though.

Hello AlWarren would it be possible for you too put the mod on SIX? the group I am in is interested in using the mod. Thanks very much

Hello AlWarren would it be possible for you too put the mod on SIX? the group I am in is interested in using the mod. Thanks very much

To be honest, I don't have a clue how that works. I don't object to that, quite the contrary. I'll check what needs to be done.

Excellent, many thanks for your hard work

Thank you, Scarecrow398. Should hit Armaholic soon, I hope.