Sign in to follow this  
PreedSwe

Hackers running wild, no way to stop them...

generally-speaking, PB is better.

basically cuz its both deeper unerlying and thus require notably more knowledge from cheater to circumvent/fool protection. even paid[hilariously expensive, sometimes]

But BE knows Arma the best. It would take a lot of time for PB to get used to Arma, especially DayZ. BE is great anyway, so I don't see why to change it now...

But BE knows Arma the best. It would take a lot of time for PB to get used to Arma, especially DayZ. BE is great anyway, so I don't see why to change it now...

if you didn't noticed topic/subject of discussion and don't read the whole thread, answer is simple: BE can't. whether that BE team caps limitation and or technology-based, result is similar: game online turned into unplayable state, cause IMPOTENT/uncapable anti-cheating system.

and now "knows the best" wasn't reason/point.

Obama or Reagan knows US best. does this make them proper choice ? in fact, no.

You do realize that there is no undetected bypasser at the moment? BE is doing a good job, but Arma is open and DayZ is a mod. Deal with it! Until DayZ becomes standalone, cheaters will be able to port the entire to a place and kill them! As I said, it's none's fault!

BE is getting used to DayZ, it was probably a shock to them xD

Cheating in Arma was probably never a big problem, and all of a sudden DayZ comes and a wave of cheaters come. We have already seen BE improving their server logs and other measures.

Edited by TSAndrey

I welcome BE to check out the '24th Platoon' tvt servers, the server I used to enjoy playing on. You really can't play an hour there before someone activates an auto-kill on the respawn points thus killing everyone over and over again or simply bomb the crap out of the base. Battleye is active there, but it bans not a single hacker.

My pleasure in playing ArmA is pretty much gone, haven't been able to play on the open servers without trolls and hackers for weeks now. BE can't stop all the idiots from driving in to players on the base etcetera, but at least get rid of the hackers that enjoy ruining the game for everyone.

I welcome BE to check out the '24th Platoon' tvt servers, the server I used to enjoy playing on. You really can't play an hour there before someone activates an auto-kill on the respawn points thus killing everyone over and over again or simply bomb the crap out of the base. Battleye is active there, but it bans not a single hacker.

My pleasure in playing ArmA is pretty much gone, haven't been able to play on the open servers without trolls and hackers for weeks now. BE can't stop all the idiots from driving in to players on the base etcetera, but at least get rid of the hackers that enjoy ruining the game for everyone.

If it's Arma, the problem is not so big. Hackers in DayZ are a different thing. In Arma you can just abort and switch to another server, while in DayZ when a hacker kills you, your character is dead forever

If it's Arma, the problem is not so big. Hackers in DayZ are a different thing. In Arma you can just abort and switch to another server, while in DayZ when a hacker kills you, your character is dead forever

I don't think that's really the point.

There are many many dayz servers and comparatively few A2 servers that cater to ones choice in gameplay, mods, maps etc.

If a scripter wastes my time in any game it's just as irritating, perma death or not.

Rgds

LoK

If it's Arma, the problem is not so big.

As there are usually only 4 vanilla TVT Takistan Domi servers up (the mission I like to play) and all of them are infested with cheaters using auto-kill it is a big deal.

I am basically forced now to find a clan and play on a closed server to escape the hacker and troll fest, while I always have been a happy camper on the public servers and prefer to casually jump into a public server and play with the people I meet there instead of making special appointments and joining a clan just to play for a couple of hours online.

As there are usually only 4 vanilla TVT Takistan Domi servers up (the mission I like to play) and all of them are infested with cheaters using auto-kill it is a big deal.

I am basically forced now to find a clan and play on a closed server to escape the hacker and troll fest, while I always have been a happy camper on the public servers and prefer to casually jump into a public server and play with the people I meet there instead of making special appointments and joining a clan just to play for a couple of hours online.

Yes, but I think DayZ is a higher priority for BE cause hackers ruin that way more than vanilla Arma. Just wait! When DayZ standalone is released, hackers will move on and hopefully Arma 2 won't be so hacker infested!

Yes, but I think DayZ is a higher priority for BE cause hackers ruin that way more than vanilla Arma. Just wait! When DayZ standalone is released, hackers will move on and hopefully Arma 2 won't be so hacker infested!

ArmA is the core game, Dayz is a (hyped) mod. In my opinion the Core game is more important then a mod, even though the mod brings in the money now.

If I would have bought ArmA now only to find out that multi player is unplayable because a cheat engine that does not detect nor stop hacks I would have been pissed. I am thankful though that I had at least 1000 hours of online fun before the hackfest started, to bad thats the past.

ArmA is the core game, Dayz is a (hyped) mod. In my opinion the Core game is more important then a mod, even though the mod brings in the money now.

If I would have bought ArmA now only to find out that multi player is unplayable because a cheat engine that does not detect nor stop hacks I would have been pissed. I am thankful though that I had at least 1000 hours of online fun before the hackfest started, to bad thats the past.

Well, DayZ came as an unexpected shock to Battleye. 5 months ago none knew about DayZ, and now it has 1 million players. BE was not prepared for such a sudden wave of cheaters! And yes, the Core game is more important than DayZ, but DayZ also needs more attention ATM

There is no need to hack or use scripts when playing the core game. This problem is the fault of Day Z. The core game anti-cheat mechanism should not be altered for a mod. We at RHS do not expect core game mechanics and systems to be altered for our mod. So why should the Day Z team?

There is no need to hack or use scripts when playing the core game. This problem is the fault of Day Z. The core game anti-cheat mechanism should not be altered for a mod. We at RHS do not expect core game mechanics and systems to be altered for our mod. So why should the Day Z team?

I doubt that anything changed for the core game. That's why they will lock the game in the standalone game and not here!

I doubt that anything changed for the core game. That's why they will lock the game in the standalone game and not here!

Dis guy, doesnt read the patch changelogs.

To begin with, all weapons inherent to DayZ had their stats changed in a patch for the core game..

Which could have been avoided because DayZ is an addon they could have just written new weapon classes in a .cpp file and used those instead... It would only add a couple of hundred bytes..

Like this.. the dayz_huntingrifle inherits all characteristics of the regular huntingrifle, then you can add/change variables as you see fit in the new class..

class CfgWeapons
{
class M24;
  class dayz_huntingrifle: huntingrifle
 {
   scope = 2;
   maxRange = 400;
   reloadTime = 3;
 };
};

Well, DayZ came as an unexpected shock to Battleye. 5 months ago none knew about DayZ, and now it has 1 million players. BE was not prepared for such a sudden wave of cheaters! And yes, the Core game is more important than DayZ, but DayZ also needs more attention ATM

Thats all fine and dandy, but it's been this way for months now. I gave online an other go just now, and in 5 minutes I got killed 6 times by some fucking auto-kill, didn't even had time to select gear at the ammo box. So after 5 minutes I was done again and the hope of having fun for a few hours ruined again.

Not gonna swear like crazy here, but I would love to right now.

It's not something you can fix overnight. The whole architecture of the engine is designed to allow scripts to run against it, you can't stop this without stopping the game from working at all. Sorry to hear that your game was ruined though B00tsy - it's crap when that happens. I think we are going to have to live behind passworded servers for a wee bit longer.

I have been playing Arma 2 since the release. From that time until DayZ I have only met a hacker once. In Chernarus life. But now after DayZ, like last Friday I was playing Coop and out of the blue a hacker

appeared and started doing his thing. And yesterday in DayZ the same, there is still hackers around.

I banned 7 hackers in the last 2 days, all had hacks specifically created for DayZ(however alot of the stuff in it works on other missions too)...

BE bans in waves (now?) so the hackers aren't tipped off to what triggered BE. They purged a lot of players this weekend, probably because BE had discovered a way to detect the Be-bypass function in some hacks. This has probably been mining away for a couple of days and they hit back this weekend.

For any one who thinks Arma hacking I was never a problem before DayZ they are mistaken. It has died down but but believe me, Arma 1 was nearly unplayable for months due to hackers when it was new, as was Arma2, as was Operation Arrowhead. The amount of hackers is directly proportional to the popularity of the game.

I think Battle Eye does a good job and I have to admit even with the massive number of hackers in DayZ, I haven't really noticed more hackers in Normal Arma2. I do see a lot of hackers being banned by Battle Eye whilst playing DayZ though, which is reassuring.

It was interesting to hear that the reason Arma is so vulnerable to hacks is the very reason we can also have so many varied missions like Life, Dom, Evo, Warfare etc etc. Maybe it seems obvious, but I could never understand why they (BE) could not just block and detect users doing the things hackers like to do (teleport, spawn items, etc), it just frustrated me that players where able to get away with such blatant actions. I would have loved to hear this reason all those years ago when I was ready to give up on online Arma due to hackers, it makes me much more tolerant to putting up with hacker knowing this. I mean, if putting up with hackers for a short time while the game is popular means we can have the type of game that Arma is, then I can live with it.

However....Arma3 is on the horizon and BIS and BE don't need to be fortune tellers to predict what is going to happen when that is released - hackfest 2013. I think (hope) DayZ has given them a good head start on dealing with the inevitable. I wonder, would it be possible to add some extra "protected" multiplayer mode along side our current open mode? At least if the hacking gets bad we could have some thing that is more secure to fall back on. Of course not being knowledgeable in how any of this anti cheat stuff works I have no idea how it would be done.

Yeh, let DayZ be stand-alone and therefore ArmA3 may not loose all the functionality that makes the BIS series so special.

And I too think BE does a great job in a tough situation.

The delayed batch ban is a good way of hammering the hackers hard ;)

I heard that BE banned 2000 cheaters today (or was it yesterday?)! BE posted that on the chat when entering a server!

month ago, it were 15k cheaters baned all together. So 17k now :D God, why are we surrounded by so many stupid people? ;)