Sign in to follow this  
PreedSwe

Hackers running wild, no way to stop them...

month ago, it were 15k cheaters baned all together. So 17k now :D God, why are we surrounded by so many stupid people? ;)

In between there were probably banned around 3k more cheaters, so the number is now 20k

BattleEYE is working, cue humble script kiddie's tears,

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/89382-quick-question-regarding-global-ban/

Hello,

So a couple months ago (before hacking was such a big problem like it is now), I got curious and decided to try out some scripts.

I don't tend to think of myself as an asshole, so all I did was spawn a couple weapons, and kept to myself. Basically I was trying to keep what I was doing from affecting anyone else.

Shortly later I was banned, and I accepted it because I know what I did was wrong.

Long story short, I hacked, got banned, and accepted the punishment.

Lately I've had the urge to play Dayz again, and I'd like to get back into it. I just have one question about how.. I've looked around and seen that you can get around a global ban by purchasing a new key, which is where my question lies.

I originally bought Combined Operations on Steam. I've done some looking around, and everyone says it's only the OA key that matters, so I bought a new (non steam) OA key directly from BI. I'm currently in the painfully long process of redownloading the game so I can use my new key, etc.

So basically my question is this: Will I be able to play again using my steam version of Arma 2, and my BI version of OA? Again, I was globally banned, so that's my concern.

So touching. Sniff, sniff. :)

And also its not just about the hackers from DayZ.. The quality(age?) of the players coming onto our RP server has dropped down the shitter, which in turn has led to our tolerance for bullcrap drop aswell.. Basically if you knock down a teammate in police HQ now, you get a perm ban, where previously you would probably get off with a warning and be told to go read the rules...

Eventually they will get bored of it. I think that once DayZ comes out as standalone, the hackers will move on to that. I agree that it is pretty bad.

Have you tried putting a password on the server?

We could password the server, but we prefer having it public as we like new players coming in and having fun..

But it is being considered...

Gnat;2221759']Yeh' date=' let DayZ be stand-alone and therefore ArmA3 may not loose all the functionality that makes the BIS series so special.

And I too think BE does a great job in a tough situation.

The delayed batch ban is a good way of hammering the hackers hard ;)[/quote']

yeah, i wish DayZ jerks will be separated by GameSpy browsing from players without mental issues, ie rest.

yeah, i wish DayZ jerks will be separated by GameSpy browsing from players without mental issues, ie rest.

Why do you hate DayZ players? Who says that DayZ players can't be as good (or better) than normal Arma 2 players? Sure, DayZ brought a lot of n00bs, but that doesn't mean all players are idiots...

Why do you hate DayZ players? Who says that DayZ players can't be as good (or better) than normal Arma 2 players? Sure, DayZ brought a lot of n00bs, but that doesn't mean all players are idiots...

why i should hate them ?

no, reasons for that, proposed not just by me, but by many others, clearly rational and reasonable - see above some references/examples or go check "Multiplayers" section of forum.

nobody judges them nor care about them. let alone name-calling["idiots" you say?]. at all. outside DayZ devteam, seems.

point is this isn't about "they good or not"[nor other enlargement/ego measurement/test], this is point is "they players or not", ie about deterrence/thwarting of individuals, whose going online without playing[products they purchase and supposed/expected to play in way "meant to be played" both by missions and game creators] intent/goals with main purpose as "disrupt gameplay"[and extract fun from it]as much as possible.

Edited by BasileyOne

Actually I stopped playing Arma 2 altogether in the last weeks, way too many Hacker even on regular maps.....game needs a better anti cheat protection like in other games available.

Actually I stopped playing Arma 2 altogether in the last weeks, way too many Hacker even on regular maps.....game needs a better anti cheat protection like in other games available.

Compared to the last month, cheats have dropped significantly! Thunderdomes are a thing of the past now, and masskill doesn't happen so often

As a bit of an older guy... maybe not, as I am not sure what the avg age is here... :) Me and my mates really have to juggle between work, family time and other activities to be able to play Arma/DayZ. Really enjoying both, but once you have set up a bit of a base in DayZ, worked hard to get some good weapons, really treasure the two vehicles you managed to get, just to get killed by some openly admitting hackers time and time again really takes the fun out of it quite a bit. I do not mind getting shot, but then it has to be fair play, else the attraction is really gone for me in a second. We all stopped playing DayZ and Arma for that reason... I cannot help to wonder however, if there are some private (password protected) servers that allow for new members after a bit of a screening process? If I had a dedicated server I could use for this I surely would have... so can imagine that there might be people out there that does. Any thoughts?

thanks

Edited by Weezul

The level of intelligence has dropped quite abit since people started flaming others for playing a mod.

If I had a dedicated server I could use for this I surely would have... so can imagine that there might be people out there that does. Any thoughts?

Long time OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 MP player and passworded servers work just fine for a "community". As in a loose group where everyones fairly familiar with each others.

It doesn't have to be a squad. One of our examples was a general games forum, but not with so many members you couldn't keep track.

Hackers (new members/visitors) then became very obvious.

Unfortunately if you don't have that group now, its not going to happen overnight ......

The level of intelligence has dropped quite abit since people started flaming others for playing a mod.

What?!

"lost in translation"

Gnat;2229680']Long time OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 MP player and passworded servers work just fine for a "community". As in a loose group where everyones fairly familiar with each others.

It doesn't have to be a squad. One of our examples was a general games forum' date=' but not with so many members you couldn't keep track.

Hackers (new members/visitors) then became very obvious.

Unfortunately if you don't have that group now, its not going to happen overnight ......

What?!

"lost in translation"[/quote']

I'm saying people are making the thread stupider by flaming others for playing a mod.

Gnat;2229680']

Unfortunately if you don't have that group now' date=' its not going to happen overnight ......[/quote']

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I was hoping a community like this would already exist, which we could join.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I was hoping a community like this would already exist, which we could join.

They exist. Many exist but finding one, and finding one with like minded people is difficult, but not impossible.

I'm saying people are making the thread stupider by flaming others for playing a mod.

Thats not what I'm reading.

Sure theres a few rouges ....... but very few people play vanilla ArmA .... everyone uses one Mod or another. ;)

Gnat;2229708']They exist. Many exist but finding one' date=' and finding one with like minded people is difficult, but not impossible.[/quote']

Any tips on where I may start? Make a post on this forum? Some community sites I could search?

i do hope people posting in this thread realize while scripts.txt is client side,

the rest, namely:

remoteexec.txt, publicVariable.txt, publicVariableVal.txt, mpeventhandler.txt, createVehicle.txt, setpos.txt, setDamage.txt

are server side !

working sets from me are available there (for DayZ): http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/source/browse/filters

also be sure You run the latest betas for security reasons

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140521-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-97332-(1-62-MP-compatible-build-post-1-62-release)

or newer

Edited by Dwarden

i do hope people posting in this thread realize while scripts.txt is client side,

the rest, namely:

remoteexec.txt, publicVariable.txt, publicVariableVal.txt, mpeventhandler.txt, createVehicle.txt, setpos.txt, setDamage.txt

are server side !

working sets from me are available there (for DayZ): http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/source/browse/filters

also be sure You run the latest betas for security reasons

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140521-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-97332-(1-62-MP-compatible-build-post-1-62-release)

or newer

Do you have those files for none-dayz servers? I run a Taki Life server.

Do Battlefield and other games suffer the same amount of hacking?

In my short stint in playing bf, I noticed hackers were dealt with regularly by some ccgstream (or w/e it is) program. There were a ton more accusations that actual hackers. Typical kids I guess, getting upset when they die.

Hi all

we simply padlocked the server after telling regulars for a week what we would be doing, these are peeps that we made a list of well before we locked the server. Then they registered on a forum, we sent them the server password and then we watch them for a week or two if there new and now we have very little or no haxoors

with the registration i was able to log each persons guid and also email address and ip - although this wont stop a haxoor when in teh server it allows us to see quicker and faster and backtrack the ban

hence since this went into operation we have played trouble free

hope this helps

cheers Judge