Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95248 (1.62 MP build)

should be sufficient,

to be on the safe side you can delete your profile (save your key binds!) and beta folder, too

and then install latest beta and run the game...clean, fresh install :)

Thanks.

--- never mind. accidentally ran an older beta.

My video options works well, PPAA and ATOC added to UI. (Russian version)

Also, how much time left for linux 1.62 server?

My video options works well, PPAA and ATOC added to UI. (Russian version)

Also, how much time left for linux 1.62 server?

This time probably days, not hours. Certainly not today. There are some inhouse technical problems with linux atm.

ATOC and PPAA is showing up to me. English language, by the way.

**Solved**

Edited by colossus

This time probably days, not hours. Certainly not today. There are some inhouse technical problems with linux atm.

Nice, thanks!

our donation driven linux server is dead, everyone was prompted to update to 1.62 and now have a red X.

community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server#Linux_4

forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137694-ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Combined-Operations-Reinforcements-update-1-62/page9

please advise

afaik You can run windows server in headless WINE mode ... :)

afaik You can run windows server in headless WINE mode ... :)

Guys there is a reason why we're not running Windows to begin with... Security, cost, remote management and operating system overhead... The VAST majority of non-dayz servers are running Linux, they should have held the patch for a few more days until they were ready to release the dedicated server...

You've got Steam users who have patched and have no way to revert back to 1.60 to be able to play of virtually all the non-dayz servers out there.

Guys there is a reason why we're not running Windows to begin with... Security, cost, remote management and operating system overhead... The VAST majority of non-dayz servers are running Linux, they should have held the patch for a few more days until they were ready to release the dedicated server...

You've got Steam users who have patched and have no way to revert back to 1.60 to be able to play of virtually all the non-dayz servers out there.

• You should be able to install and run a v1.60 Beta patch, or any other, to get back into older version servers (First delete the Beta modfolder in entirety)
  • Linux servers have always lagged behind the Windows ones.
    If you want to be safe, rather than sorry, it seems you should simply run a Windows server, regardless of preference. (by not doing that you seem to agree to the risks :))
    And as it appears, WINE seems like a viable option too.
  • WINE is not "running Windows". It runs Windows Applications on Linux. Seems to be a great workaround for your (hopefully temporary) issue.
  • Re claim of most non-dayz servers running Linux - any stat to back that up?

Edited by Sickboy

So, the game plan should be to ask Steam users to install a 1.60 beta patch to reconnect to servers? Again, they should hold patches until they have everything ready to go (including dedicated servers and steam).

As for WINE, some of us are running high end servers, where a 10-15% hit by running WINE (or Windows) requires us to greatly reduce the number of connected players. That is just not an option in our case.

Go look at popular clan servers that are open to the public not running dayz... at least 6 out of 10 are running linux according to gamespy.

• You should be able to install and run a v1.60 Beta patch, or any other, to get back into older version servers (First delete the Beta modfolder in entirety)
    If you want to be safe, rather than sorry, it seems you should simply run a Windows server, regardless of preference. And as it appears, WINE seems like a viable option too.
  • WINE is not "running Windows". It runs Windows Applications on Linux. Seems to be a great workaround for your (hopefully temporary) issue.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

BTW, you can't install old beta patches once steam has updated your client. So how are steam users who were automatically upgraded supposed to access 1.60 linux servers?

We run our server with Linux because of alot of the same things JayC says, plus we run scripted backups, web server, email server and other stuff.. I know you can do that in Windows but the server manager(me) suck at windows server and I've been using linux since the early 90's...

If you want to be safe, rather than sorry, it seems you should simply run a Windows server, regardless of preference. (by not doing that you seem to agree to the risks :))
    And as it appears, WINE seems like a viable option too.

This winds me up a little. I run a Linux Arma server, and this has put me and my colleagues in an untenable position.

With all due respect to the developers (and I have a lot of respect for the developers of Arma), it is amateurish to release some of the elements and not others.

The suggestion that people should revert to older versions is a slap in the face to all of Arma's thousands of supporters who choose to run the Linux server.

The fact that it is STILL the case that the Linux server lags behind the Windows server only serves to indicate that BIS is not serious about rectifying the situation and treating both equally, and to suggest that because its always been that way makes it okay is very uninspiring from someone whom I really thought would be striving for improvement of the situation, not making excuses.

If BIS has decided to support the Linux server, then it needs to be treated as a first class citizen. Otherwise... drop it.

To suggest that one should run WINE, is tantamount to admitting that there is no interest in supporting the Linux server properly.

There is no need for stats... if BIS chooses to release a Linux server, then it should do so concurrently with the client and the other server versions, or face the annoyance of those who choose to use it.

The Arma community is traditionally, incredibly patient and forgiving. Whats the rush? Why release the client? Spend another week testing.. it never hurt. And release everything at the same time.

Edited by JoeDamage

This winds me up a little. I run a Linux Arma server, and this has put me and my colleagues in an untenable position.

Agreed.

The Arma community is traditionally, incredibly patient and forgiving. Whats the rush? Why release the client? Spend another week testing.. it never hurt. And release everything at the same time.

Agreed too.

Agreed too.

Agreed too.

+1000 ... its seems like they rushed it for the sake of dayZ... or whatever reason.

where a 10-15% hit by running WINE (or Windows)

There has been no performance difference reported between running the Windows server application on WINE and the Linux server application. WINE is NOT Windows, or any sort of emulator - it is a library that translates Windows API calls to their Linux equivalents.

I have info from good sources that the Linux server application is being worked on, there are simply a few bumps in updating libraries. Likely as not it'll be out soon.

+1000 ... its seems like they rushed it for the sake of dayZ... or whatever reason.

I agree with all this. The only ones which seems to work are Dayz. I hope it's fixed soon as I am paying for this server which I cant use! Pathetic.

...There are some inhouse technical problems with linux atm.

o_O blasphemy! =)

Please hurry with the Linux server fix. The only regular server that is up right now is 7th Cav and playing there is like trying to get permission from your neighborhood association to build swimming pool. And while I appreciate the massive influx of new players brought in by DayZ allows Bohemia to spend resources patching the game, if Linux is a certified server platform then hold the release until everything can be released together. It's not like this patch fixes an unplayable game so a short delay in the overall release would not have hurt.