Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95248 (1.62 MP build)

WARNING: this build is not MP(multiplayer) compatible with 1.60 and 1.61 version of A2: OA/A2: CO!

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22024553/ARMA2_OA_Build_95248.zip

* even more crashfixes on server and client

* fixes for I/O and CPU spikes on dedicated server

+ beta in Sync with 1.62 RC3 candidate for these who don't want install 1.62 RC3

+new BE installers included within

+ some other fixes

BattlEye status: ... SUPPORTED ...

Edited by Dwarden

Are you guys skipping 1.61 to release the 1.62 or this is a beta for post 1.61?

i would guess the full version will be 163 once CZ DLC is ready

I think CZ DLC is being released as free separate addon? Or did I read that incorrectly?

I think CZ DLC is being released as free separate addon? Or did I read that incorrectly?

That would be the lite version for MP compatibility.

The exe 1.62.95248 should be the final exe for the patch. We said this before but we tried to fix some critical issues, mostly crashes. The upcoming 1.62 update is considered feature complete. ACR Lite is going to be released as optional free download and will not be included in the update due to compatibility problems (ACR requires both Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead).

No, that is incorrect as it stands. It's like it was before. You can buy the DLC but the patch includes the lite version with reduced quality for free :)

Which is a decision worth respect btw!

Edited by PurePassion
�者, 'ed

No, that is incorrect as it stands. It's like it was before. You can buy the DLC but the patch includes the lite version with reduced quality for free :)

Which is a decision worth respect btw!

you might wanna read what the CEO of BIS just typed mate

Does this mean that regularCheck works better now on servers?

you might wanna read what the CEO of BIS just typed mate

hehe yeah I added the quote after I realized I am ninja'ed big time :lookaround:

wow, i hope this fixes epic lag we had with crCTI version, with city traffic, civilians and stuff...:yay:

might be offtopic, but is there a list of servers we can test this patch on? can send it via PM too. thx

nvm i found one!

thx @ armatech!!

Edited by tremanarch

Awesome patch, worth noting that BattlEye status is now supported for those eager to update! :)

Awesome patch, worth noting that BattlEye status is now supported for those eager to update! :)

yep supported

Ever since this patch and every patch since then;

[94761] TBB 4.0 update 5, (tbb40_20120613oss, http://threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=187)

I have been having micro jitter visuals and laggy mouse movements when I am in Chernogorsk Town Square. As if the biuldings were flickering!

In the air and in the fields is runs smoothly.

All I do every time is open up the Editor and place a baf wildcat helicopter (player) ingame.

Its like the malloc.dll problems in the pre 1.60 betas about a year ago.

Ever since this patch and every patch since then;

[94761] TBB 4.0 update 5, (tbb40_20120613oss, http://threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=187)

I have been having micro jitter visuals and laggy mouse movements when I am in Chernogorsk Town Square. As if the biuldings were flickering!

In the air and in the fields is runs smoothly.

All I do every time is open up the Editor and place a baf wildcat helicopter (player) ingame.

Its like the malloc.dll problems in the pre 1.60 betas about a year ago.

time to delete your config and let the game write a new one...

You can always install the older beta and compare how TBB DLLs work just to be sure

and i think what he sees is more likely related to lod tweak/optimizing changes than memory allocator :)

The exe 1.62.95248 should be the final exe for the patch. We said this before but we tried to fix some critical issues, mostly crashes. The upcoming 1.62 update is considered feature complete. ACR Lite is going to be released as optional free download and will not be included in the update due to compatibility problems (ACR requires both Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead).

Thanks for your response.

time to delete your config and let the game write a new one...

you mean just the ArmA2OA.cfg, right?

you mean just the ArmA2OA.cfg, right?

should be sufficient,

to be on the safe side you can delete your profile (save your key binds!) and beta folder, too

and then install latest beta and run the game...clean, fresh install :)

Smoke grenades seem to have lost viewblock - AI can "see" through smoke = knows where the opponent is. Nothing against if AI is shooting on last known position but tracking and precise shooting through smoke is bad.