Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95248 (1.62 MP build)

Feel free to post questions about running ARMA II & the server via WINE to the WINE thread - to answer your question, check the script on the first post of that page. It'll install xvfb that allows you to run the server headlessly as well as compiling WINE with minimal deps. I'd suggest x11vnc if you want to actually see/interact with the GUI aspect of the server app.

Wineconsole unfortunately won't work as the app tries to spawn a form.

I'm pleased to congratulate BIS stuff for killing all our "ArmA2.ru" Linux based servers.

Notice that ArmA2.ru servers are (were) in top 10 A2 and OC/CO servers.

First we are told that BIS are working around to bring as quickly as possible a Linux based 1.62 patch but they don't!

And notice, that meanwhile they carried out SEVERAL Windows server patches after the 1.62 release!

DayZ bringing us a lot of money and Linux minority??? We don't care about???

All the BIS stuff working hard for DayZ Windows servers and no time for linux???

I'm pleased to congratulate BIS stuff for killing all our "ArmA2.ru" Linux based servers.

Notice that ArmA2.ru servers are (were) in top 10 A2 and OC/CO servers.

First we are told that BIS are working around to bring as quickly as possible a Linux based 1.62 patch but they don't!

And notice, that meanwhile they carried out SEVERAL Windows server patches after the 1.62 release!

DayZ bringing us a lot of money and Linux minority??? We don't care about???

All the BIS stuff working hard for DayZ Windows servers and no time for linux???

Way to post in a super old beta's thread.

You deserve a gold star.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138842-Linux-1-62-95946-alpha