Sign in to follow this  
leomentheus

1000x times better then Chernarus (can't stand the autumn look, sorry). I'll probably make another Greek island as soon as A3 is out. I have over 2000+ reference shots already made ;)

1000x times better then Chernarus (can't stand the autumn look, sorry). I'll probably make another Greek island as soon as A3 is out. I have over 2000+ reference shots already made ;)

WIN!

Any plans to move your current A2 maps over?

I dont think it says summer Chernarus, instead two new maps.

Question answered first time not enough? ;) :)

It was a high possibility that the policy may have changed after TOH Rearmed patch.

I dont think it says summer Chernarus, instead two new maps.

That look awful, will be way too small and nobody will play on them again.

It just seems so empty, and the villages seem small and desolate.

Try the real world... its rather similar in many places.

I prefer forests to be honest, but I'm not complaining about other themes. As long as it's well made and fits the game, I'm happy :) I think the greek islands of A3 is a fresh theme from all the european forests and middle east deserts of A2. The landscape also seems to be very well detailed and of variating heights, which will be an exciting experience.

We can only wait and see. If the campaign is good, it could be a nice DLC. I just hope there is no missions like in PMC DLC (which anyway brought some nice units) where you bicycle 50 meters to finish it or is tasked to destroy some things in exact places with copy&pasted task descriptions. I mean missions that you could create in 5 minutes yourself (PMC campaign wasnt all bad, but partly not that great). Instead some dense story and cool missions like the old resistance campaign. At least it will be none-US campaign which is a massive plus.

But less off topic - The ArmA3 maps look very good to me. I am a fan of forests, but Limnos seems partly like Malden in OFP which was very nice. Again we can only wait and see. :)

Then you won't be interested in purchasing them. Seriously, why the constant, needless negativity? Don't you imagine that such an announcement would be entirely better off without your spiteful uninformed criticism or do you imagine you're making some interesting & important observations for us to enjoy? Your primary input on these forums is negativity.

The forum is a happy place if you just ignore some users' posts. :rolleyes:

The forum is a happy place if you just ignore some users' posts. :rolleyes:

Indeed. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't :)

There is a confusion here... some guys says Limnos is 300 square kms... but Ivan Butcha when interviewed was saying 900 square kms map... 30kms x 30kms...

Less off topic... you have not seen yet... so you do not chit chat unwisely...

There is a confusion here... some guys says Limnos is 300 square kms... but Ivan Butcha when interviewed was saying 900 square kms map... 30kms x 30kms...

Less off topic... you have not seen yet... so you do not chit chat unwisely...

One thing to bear in mind is that an island map of 30km x 30km is not all land :)

I think the whole map with the ocean is 900km^2, the island Limnos itself about 300.

e: too late.

900 square km map including the water (which now has a point including in the calcs since there are underwater areas to explore. the landmass should be 80% of the real hong, whih is over 400 irc

I think the topic creator is getting Stratis mixed up with Limnos. Stratis is where 90% of sreenshots and videos have come from. Limnos (main island) is more populated and much larger than Stratis. I don't think it's fair to compare Limnos to Chernarus when we've only seen a tiny portion of what it is.

I think the topic creator is getting Stratis mixed up with Limnos. Stratis is where 90% of sreenshots and videos have come from. Limnos (main island) is more populated and much larger than Stratis. I don't think it's fair to compare Limnos to Chernarus when we've only seen a tiny portion of what it is.

I wonder why they aren't showing limnos?

Even though limnos is reduced in scale from the real island, Google earth should give you a rough feel for the vegetation. I think the Towns will be reduced due to todays computing power limits.

BIS are saving Limnos for later, just to keep the crowds guessing.

I still like the feel and look of Chernurus and currently it is my favorite map. .. I Would like to see a map pack giving us the older maps for arma 3. But I am getting ahead of myself. Let's see what limnos is like first......I think we will be in for a pleasant surprise.

Edited by gonk

Even though limnos is reduced in scale from the real island, Google earth should give you a rough feel for the vegetation. I think the Towns will be reduced due to todays computing power limits.

BIS are saving Limnos for later, just to keep the crowds guessing.

I still like the feel and look of Chernurus and currently it is my favorite map. .. I Would like to see a map pack giving us the older maps for arma 3. But I am getting ahead of myself. Let's see what limnos is like first......I think we will be in for a pleasant surprise.

I couldn't stand Chernarus... I don't really like the summer vegetation mainly. I much prefer Takistan, even more so diverse maps like Limnos (basically it has everything except forests I think) or the community map Isla di Capraia. Interesting about Limnos is that, even though it's reduced in scale from the real deal, it's still HUGE, larger than previous islands/terrains. And, even though Stratis is much smaller than Limnos, it's not really small at all either.

I couldn't stand Chernarus... I don't really like the summer vegetation mainly.

Would it help if I told you that the in-game Chernarussian vegetation actually portrays the area in autumn?

Judging by the rest of hist post, I think antoineflemming meant "temperate vegetation", not "summer".

Limnos looks amazing and very dynamic. If you have ever been to any greek islands before you can't really imagine what its like.

I do prefer the lushy green of Chernarus, but i doubt ill hate Limnos. We will see.