Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93040 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Of course what should really happen is them switching LOD while the transition between zoom levels happens, not afterwards.

Precise-a-mundo

Yup, that would feel more natural.

As for the flickering LODs when the camera pans, the issue seems more complex. Some kind of conflicting states in the LOD switching logic.

One of the things I notice with the LOD for trees is when zooming in and out. Once you finish zooming in (or out), the trees then change to their respective LOD. It's one of the most visually distracting things in the game (for me). I'm not sure if there's a ticket on this.

I agree one hundred percent. This has always blown my mind. Very distracting..... not at all "real world" and leads to too much movement onscreen in my opinion. Makes seeing the things I really need to worry about... the enemy.... difficult for me. They also change shape in the process.... why???

I also get the flickering on the buildings as MagdogX shows.... and can't believe that it still exists in this game.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Originally I came here to say..... tested this. Now works well. Thanks guys.

[92821] Fixed: Joining unit in the vehicle to a different side group did not change the perceived side of the unit.

I kept getting a CTD with a (command buffer to small) error with 93040 when trying to play a OA scenario. I have gone back to 92767

So do I. I'll see if there is some way to reliably reproduce it, but I get this error after a few minutes of playing.

I've recently come back to playing arms 2 for the dayz mod, but the first thing I noticed was all the grass was white.

Found out that this was something to di with the level of AA I was using, on my new 7870.

Is this a known issue and will that be fixed?

I kept getting a CTD with a (command buffer to small) error with 93040 when trying to play a OA scenario. I have gone back to 92767

same for me - (several) CTD with

'Internal error: Rendering command buffer to small'

Edited by @ST

I'm getting this exact same thing as well.

Same here as well.

Specs and ARMA settings:

Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz

6 GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 560 Ti, 301.42 Driver

Windows 7 x64

1920x1080 w/ View Distance at ~6000

Video Memory at Default

Post Processing Disabled

All other settings at Very High

AToC=0;

PPAA=1;

PPAA_Level=3;

Arma2OA.RPT:

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;baf;pmc;@conversions\@dayz" "-name=underscore" -nosplash -world=empty -showScriptErrors -cpuCount=4

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2012/05/23 17:53:29

Current time: 2012/05/23 22:58:35

Version 1.60.93040

Item str_player_21 listed twice

Item str_player_22 listed twice

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/

Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/

Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/

Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/

Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/

Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/

Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/

Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/

Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/

Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/

Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/

Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/

Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumPale/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseStrongPale/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Cable_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_decor_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_WoodL/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_ConcL/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/

*** Player identity cannot be applied on person 0:0 (B 1-1-A:1 (underscore)) - player 0 not found

*** Player identity cannot be applied on person 0:0 (B 1-1-A:1 (underscore)) - player 0 not found

ErrorMessage: Internal error: Rendering command buffer to small

Object id 8b26f5e5 (1509) not found in slot 222,89

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b86cc51 (1105) not found in slot 217,92

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b86cc79 (1145) not found in slot 217,92

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ac6fc6f (1135) not found in slot 223,86

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ae6db00 (768) not found in slot 219,87

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ac6d301 (769) not found in slot 218,86

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ae6b287 (647) not found in slot 214,87

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ae6b286 (646) not found in slot 214,87

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8aa6fc70 (1136) not found in slot 223,85

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ac6fcb1 (1201) not found in slot 223,86

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b06ec6e (1134) not found in slot 221,88

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b06ec6d (1133) not found in slot 221,88

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b66c478 (1144) not found in slot 216,91

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 89e74694 (1684) not found in slot 232,79

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8aa753b9 (953) not found in slot 234,85

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8a8754b2 (1202) not found in slot 234,84

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8a874cb1 (1201) not found in slot 233,84

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b475100 (256) not found in slot 234,90

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b6750ff (255) not found in slot 234,91

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b072b16 (790) not found in slot 229,88

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 89a6e0dd (221) not found in slot 220,77

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b67178e (1934) not found in slot 226,91

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ac6fcb1 (1201) not found in slot 223,86

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8aa6fc70 (1136) not found in slot 223,85

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ac6fc6f (1135) not found in slot 223,86

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b06ec6e (1134) not found in slot 221,88

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b06ec6d (1133) not found in slot 221,88

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8a46c3ce (974) not found in slot 216,82

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8a46c3cf (975) not found in slot 216,82

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ae6db00 (768) not found in slot 219,87

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ac6d301 (769) not found in slot 218,86

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b86e746 (1862) not found in slot 220,92

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8a66bbb3 (947) not found in slot 215,83

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ba6db1c (796) not found in slot 219,93

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ae6b287 (647) not found in slot 214,87

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ae6b286 (646) not found in slot 214,87

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8bc6c31b (795) not found in slot 216,94

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ba748fa (250) not found in slot 233,93

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b07330a (778) not found in slot 230,88

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b072309 (777) not found in slot 228,88

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b871f72 (1906) not found in slot 227,92

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b871f71 (1905) not found in slot 227,92

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8ba71770 (1904) not found in slot 226,93

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 89e6b6c1 (1729) not found in slot 214,79

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 89e6aec0 (1728) not found in slot 213,79

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8bc6ed48 (1352) not found in slot 221,94

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b86cc51 (1105) not found in slot 217,92

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b26f5e5 (1509) not found in slot 222,89

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 89e6b6d4 (1748) not found in slot 214,79

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 89e6aed3 (1747) not found in slot 213,79

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8a66cbc8 (968) not found in slot 217,83

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8bc6ecfe (1278) not found in slot 221,94

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b86cc79 (1145) not found in slot 217,92

Link cannot be resolved

Object id 8b66c478 (1144) not found in slot 216,91

Link cannot be resolved

Edited by Make Love Not War

I'm getting this exact same thing as well.

Me too. CTD seems to occure when heavy weapons (a tank or a SU) in sight begins to fire.

I checked my graphicmemory with MSI afterburner, it was not full at that moment, arma crashed.

I am using a Nvidia Asus GTX 560 Ti. A friend with an ATI card has not encountered any CTD with this beta (while I got ~6). Maybe its related to nvidia cards? Or specialy 560 Ti (see post above)?

Regarding lot flickering: It seems, there is less flickering with this beta, but the flickering MadDog mentioned is still there an quite annoying.

Me too. CTD seems to occure when heavy weapons (a tank or a SU) in sight begins to fire.

For me it happens randomly. First time I had it was when I entered a chopper on Lingor, next time it happened when I was flying around.

Crashdump sent.

For me it occured when I put my AI fireteam into Hummvee and ordered the driver to go somewhere.

Also if I try to resume a scenario, I get a page of errors about missing weapons files, plus a large drop in FPS. I think you should pull this one. :)

The LOD blending addition had a significant impact for me. Sure some of the transitions still do not happen exactly when/where I would expect/desire them, but the smooth transition between them is much appreciated.

However, I also saw the 'Internal error: Rendering command buffer to small' crash twice yesterday. First one happened just as dusk was falling, second one when I attempted to rejoin that same mission ~5 minutes later. After ~20 minutes (and night had fallen) I could rejoin w/o a problem. I added my report and bidmp to the CIT issue for this, sorry there was no mdmp. I hope this can get resolved quickly.

Thanks

The LOD blending addition had a significant impact for me. Sure some of the transitions still do not happen exactly when/where I would expect/desire them, but the smooth transition between them is much appreciated.

However, I also saw the 'Internal error: Rendering command buffer to small' crash twice yesterday. First one happened just as dusk was falling, second one when I attempted to rejoin that same mission ~5 minutes later. After ~20 minutes (and night had fallen) I could rejoin w/o a problem. I added my report and bidmp to the CIT issue for this, sorry there was no mdmp. I hope this can get resolved quickly.

Thanks

Unfortunately the CTD are side effect of the smoother lod transition. So we are going to disable it for now so that more important MP issues can be tested and get back to LODs in future betas.

Thank you for reporting, new beta incoming.

Unfortunately the CTD are side effect of the smoother lod transition. So we are going to disable it for now so that more important MP issues can be tested and get back to LODs in future betas.

+1

Finally,something reasonable !

Please,more gameplay fixes !

Why is that sometimes AI team leader or members don't stop repeating orders/confirmations eg "1,3,4 Engaging target" ? Its like they got stuck in a loop....

Not good enough. I demand compensation. :)

[92925] Fixed: switching backpack with dead unit in MP

[92821] Fixed: Joining unit in the vehicle to a different side group did not change the perceived side of the unit.

Sorry, could someone explain these 2 fixes? I don't really understand... Thanks.

the first one is typical bug which plagued e.g. DayZ, if you had backpack and took backpack from deadcorpse, both usually vanished

the esecond one mean that the unit side was wrong if it was inside vehicle when script command was issued to change it's group

the first one is typical bug which plagued e.g. DayZ, if you had backpack and took backpack from deadcorpse, both usually vanished

the esecond one mean that the unit side was wrong if it was inside vehicle when script command was issued to change it's group

Thank you for explanation :)