Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93040 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[93017] Fixed: LOD blending not working reliably

[92956] Fixed: Sound: Music often stop playing after window focus is lost and regained

[92925] Fixed: switching backpack with dead unit in MP

[92821] Fixed: Joining unit in the vehicle to a different side group did not change the perceived side of the unit.

[92781] Fixed: SelectPlayer makes direct communication unreliable (see https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30991)

including VON fix

[92925] Fixed: switching backpack with dead unit in MP

Costed me a lot of stuff in Day-Z :rolleyes:

Thanks for the work!

Awesome :)

BE Supported yet? Then we can haz update on SU network :)

Unfortunately there are still cases of LOD flickering, especially with the camera panning sideways. Should this be ticketed, or was the LOD fix issue related to something else?

I get a crash with a Direct 3d 9 error when trying to launch this?

Then you're probably not launching it correctly. Did you try the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" link that was created in your Arma2 directory?

Great !

But when did BIS start working for DayZ ?

We need soccer mod for arma to fix some bugs i 'm thinking about :S

Great !

But when did BIS start working for DayZ ?

We need soccer mod for arma to fix some bugs i 'm thinking about :S

I'm sure when you run a business and get 1000's of new customers years after release, you'll be doing some maintenance as well ;)

Yes i love dayz too :D,and play it a lot ... (21 murders :D)

i'm just asking for a soccer mod to fix some bugs :D

Hopefully this will also mean some fixes for Chernarus. With DayZ hitting 100k unique clients tomorrow it's what BIS has to do. Long has been Chernarus ignored.

And how about that improved lighting system ;)

Arma 2 engine is little wonder, its possible to create RTS mod like MOWAS ? You know RTS view with direct control of units. :h:

Edited by raptor90

Costed me a lot of stuff in Day-Z :rolleyes:

Thanks for the work!

Just yesterday i lost a full Alice backpack with generic stuff... but specially 4 rounds of SD ammo for my Bizon.

This is most welcome! Thanks.

I'm sure when you run a business and get 1000's of new customers years after release, you'll be doing some maintenance as well ;)

Not that we have much reason to complain about, regarding updates... :)

Unfortunately there are still cases of LOD flickering, especially with the camera panning sideways. Should this be ticketed, or was the LOD fix issue related to something else?

Then you're probably not launching it correctly. Did you try the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" link that was created in your Arma2 directory?

Ah thanks that works.

Well that's disappointing. LOD issues have been a problem for a LOOOOONG time.

Did the LOD fix improve the flickering at all? Or no effect on it?

The flicker lodding issues have been a problem for so long they're not even worth mentioning. It's likely they don't see this as a "bug". Visual fidelity has never been a priority.

If you use the old buldozer exe that comes with the tools in Visitor, then launch the very same terrain in-game using the latest patches - the sheer volume of insta lod switching currently present is shocking.

I kept getting a CTD with a (command buffer to small) error with 93040 when trying to play a OA scenario. I have gone back to 92767

I only got that error once but that was after I closed the game down.

To clarify: LOD blending is related to tress/bushes LOD system only as there is no LOD blending on other objects at all. It is completely unrelated to other LOD problems that may or may not be present (not possible to say what is the exact problem you are experiencing and if it is something that could be fixed or something that is more a feature than a bug, random general rants about "this all has been broken for too long, oh so lazy developers, they do not care" simply do not lead any progress).

To clarify: LOD blending is related to tress/bushes LOD system only as there is no LOD blending on other objects at all. It is completely unrelated to other LOD problems that may or may not be present (not possible to say what is the exact problem you are experiencing and if it is something that could be fixed or something that is more a feature than a bug, random general rants about "this all has been broken for too long, oh so lazy developers, they do not care" simply do not lead any progress).

I'm talking about this. Note the flickering buildings:

3qVE-ZrJ9EQ

Mostly covered by issue #16004.

I'm talking about this. Note the flickering buildings:

3qVE-ZrJ9EQ

Mostly covered by issue #16004.

Interesting, but would not be so sure it is really directly LOD system related problem. I tried to raise this several times internally without any result, but yes, this is not very nice.

In case, no related work was done on this patch, but trees LODing is possibly improved significantly.

I think that fixing all bad stuff of Arma 2 engine would rise the sales of Arma 3 a lot. People like bug free games, on other side its really not easy to fix all the thing on such complex engine, but back to first side, if you fix those bugs it will cause even bigger Arma 2 sales.

One of the things I notice with the LOD for trees is when zooming in and out. Once you finish zooming in (or out), the trees then change to their respective LOD. It's one of the most visually distracting things in the game (for me). I'm not sure if there's a ticket on this. Let me see if I can post up a video...

EDIT: Here one is:

f3D64q_-Heg

It's an old video but I can still see this happening in CHernarus on this new beta.

Edited by Das Attorney

Well they should change LODs. Since you are seeing them closer why not get some more detail.

Of course what should really happen is them switching LOD while the transition between zoom levels happens, not afterwards.