Sign in to follow this  
Shedner85

Just bought Arma 2 Combine Ops and it's nothing

Ya i saw some videos and also Played the Ama2 Free Play version.

Ok the Movment was very .... strange but i like the Simulation it's not just a arcade fps.

So i bought Arma 2 Combined ops (arma 2 + Arrowhead on Steam)

And the first thing i noticed, the whole server list was flooded with Dayz Zombie mode, and every Game wich isn't Zombie mod i can't enter because such a strange error Messages comes up.

Arma 2 and Arma 2 free are lagging hardly on Multiplayer, (even i have highend pc and my ping is fine)

Just the Arrowhead version on Multiplayer seems to be fine, but it's flooded with this stupid Zombie Mode and it seems there are no other Servers that use the Real Game.

If i scroll down until all the Dayz shit hase dissapered i find 1-3 servers with 10-15 poeples on it, but doesn't mather wich server i try to join i get a error Message.

I'm really dissappointet , i tought i can enjoy some nice realism Gameplay with other guys , but actually i just enjoy the Singleplayer ( i still like it, even it's a bit boring) But every time i try to find a Game on Multiplayer , after 10 mins of search and fail i'm just frustratet and leave the game.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, idk, or the Game is dead, but since 2 Weeks i can't join a simple MP Game for Arrowhead

(and the Registration for the forum is a pain for non English guys)

Edited by Shedner85

Wanna have fun playing this game? Join a group, public stinks.

And if you loose that "i bought the game i can make demands" attitude i´m sure there´ll be more than enough fellow players to help you out with the addons&mods installing minefield you´re about to encounter.

i can't enter because such a strange error Messages comes up.
but doesn't mather wich server i try to join i get a error Message.

You do know that such error messages aren't classified as "Top Secret", do you?

For the Actual situation, DayZ Mod has attracted a lot of new customers to ArmA 2, so no surprise there are quite a lot of those servers. Try several filter functions to get rid off those DayZ servers or browse the community sites to find a bunch of fellow players.

If you want to play sim-mil arma2, you gotta find a clan and join them, each clan usually have their own server and pre-loaded MOD.

Wanna have fun playing this game? Join a group, public stinks.

And if you loose that "i bought the game i can make demands" attitude i´m sure there´ll be more than enough fellow players to help you out with the addons&mods installing minefield you´re about to encounter.

it's hard to get used to anything arround arma2, may you could explain me how to join a nice group.

*E: maybe i'm dumb idk but it took me (like the registration for the forum ) another 5 attemps to post this Message..... i can't read this stuff.

If you post the error message you are getting then people will be able to help you. You are probably trying to join a server that has a mod running which you don't have but without the message we are all guessing.

The best way to play Arma is in a group of like minded people - you can check out this thread to see if there are any groups you fancy joining. They range from casual 'just for fun' groups all the the way to total realism military groups - just find one that think suits your play style and time zone.

Regarding the hassle with posting, don't worry it only occurs for the few first posts. These are measures to prevent spamming and have held the forum clean for a long time now :)

look at the icon next to the server list,

green = have the same mod/vanilla as you do

red = require same mod to join

yellow = if ur lucky u can join without problem XD

But with a game this old most people have switched from vanilla to ACE mod. Clans with their own server usually have password and schedule when they play. With so many people buying arma 2 and DayZ server filled to the brim i'm sure public server will start to get populated again. Learn to use sort button in the server list to easily find public server using vanilla near your area.

You must be doing something wrong, or just tried during some strange time. There is plenty of servers, a lot of them public (ie open) playing other missions - ie Domination, Warfare, Evolution, Insurgency, et cetera. Are you sure you don't have a messed up installation, or some strange filter set up by accident in the MP server browser ingame?

Try this link if you don't believe me for server stats, click on advanced search, add search criterion, MISSION DOES NOT CONTAIN DayZ, Search. Sorted by player numbers, just now I found plenty.

Yesterday the Domination server I played at was mostly full most of the time. Mind you, your best experience for COOP or even PvP playing will be with an organised clan or a relaxed group like United Operations or others, who have regular plays of special missions, people there use ACRE (TeamSpeak plugin for radios) and ACE mods, but if you stick to public servers running some popular mission like Domi, even there, if you start to know some players from one server, it is easy to set up a group which plays cooperatively and well, setting it up ad-hoc. I have had great experiences with coordinated group playing even from public servers, either by asking if there is a group going on, or, if you are not afraid to lead, by creating my own and inviting others in. Of course, on public servers, there is always the share of lonewolfing people, but you can find others. Especially if you find a public server playing on higher difficulty, you can probably find there more group oriented players.

And welcome to the community :)

Make sure you've patched your game to 1.60 version, then head to Multiplayer mode and type in the mission filter: Warfare. You'll find quite a few awesome servers that run this mod - real war in a real military simulator; you could also try 'Domination' as the mission filter if you're into co-op.

Here's another server list, easy to use and find servers - http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Remember about the mission filter. ;)

P.S. Filtering through DayZ mission is a problem for new players at this point - disproportionately large number of servers are running it compared to Warfare, Domi, Evolution et cetera.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

It's a simulator for a reason, It is not meant to be an Arcade FPS, im sure you are aware of this and do not need me to tell you. However, You should not give up on this game, Look into www.armaholic.com and start downloading new content to peak your imagination. ArmA is unique.

I agree with dunnobe.

PR seems to be the best 'free to join' teamwork experience atm.

Another one worth trying is the TAW wasteland server.

Players do seem to work together very well on this. Its less classic military but actually quite organised sometimes and can get very immersive.

Hello all

PR is an easy one stop mod and definitely worth a try for those new to Arma2.

TAW Wasteland is also fun, but expect to get owned by their sharpshooters. Very similar in *feel* to DAYZ but no silly Zombies.

DAYZ is fun, but the community is a bit to young for me in general.

As to the browser, it take time to get used to it an often it will say a server is available to you when it's not.

I like the "Armarize" mod organiser and browser as its damn simple to use.

The (old) Six updater does everything but can be a little daunting, however i believe there is a new version which may be easier to get ones head around.

I hope this helps a bit.

Rgds

LoK

In my experience, TAW are just incompetent bunch of silly brats, even admins (only some of them) were patheic really :rolleyes:

If vanilla, I had reasonable experience with 7cav.At least its far less mess than other vanilla experience.

Haven't tried DayZ yet, so cannot comment on thatone

Regarding the hassle with posting, don't worry it only occurs for the few first posts. These are measures to prevent spamming and have held the forum clean for a long time now :)

Using this to get my 1 image post or whatever. I'm having trouble with my game and it won't let me post URL's unless I have posted somewhere else :)