Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

I have not been able to to use ACRE for months. It's that goddamn pipe error. Im running everything as admin and have Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. My friend did something on Teamviewer and used notepad and he told me to use the notepad file to launch the game but now it goes back and forth from the pipe error to "ACRE is not connected to teamspeak". I'll ask him exactly what he did. I just really want to fix this.

BE SURE that you run arma2lib_new and not the old one ....

for me, with this i get only info that acre recovered from a closed pipe (something like that) and the acre working without problems.

BE SURE that you run arma2lib_new and not the old one ....

for me, with this i get only info that acre recovered from a closed pipe (something like that) and the acre working without problems.

No, BE SURE to run arma2lib, not the "new" one, because the "old" one is the new "new" one.

From the author: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?98647-JayArma2Lib&p=2267099&viewfull=1#post2267099

Current Version: 1.4.10.500

Latest Release Date: 10.23.2012

Current TS3 Support: 3.0.9.2

Sorry for my simple question, which is really the last version?

I have now read through some forum pages, but found nothing more recent ...

Or have I missed something?

:confused:

for me, i have @JayArma2Lib_new and works perfect...... i dont know if the @JayArma2Lib is now new new........

But you've read Nou's post in the official JayArmaLib-Thread?

Maybe it works fine at all, but the statement, that _new is newer, isn't correct.

They are the same as of beta reached 99999 + and Jayarma2lib ( the old one ) became obsolete.

Latest versions are available on Six network.

But you've read Nou's post in the official JayArmaLib-Thread?

Maybe it works fine at all, but the statement, that _new is newer, isn't correct.

i check with six updater , and for acre is the jayarmalib_new . for me, the jayarmalib is incompatible (black)

Im having problems using PTTRadioAlternate keys and were wondering if anyone else had similar problms and maybe a solution.

I usually use two different radios and to make it as simple as possible for talking on both I changed my acre_keys.hpp file so I have PTTRadioAlternate_1 on NUMPAD7, PTTRadioAlternate_2 on NUMPAD8 and normal PTTRadio on CAPSLOCK. When I use CTRL+SHIFT+A and switch between the radios and CAPSLOCK to speak it works perfectly but when I use NUMPAD7 and 8 for talking TS locks up every now and then. I have to manually close TS, restart it and it works again until next crash.

All files updated according to SixUpdater, TS 3.0.9.2, both Arma2 and TS in admin mode.

Any ideas?

The _new and not _new jaylib situation was at first because of big changes in handling of the extension dll's for the game.

Later the modfolders were made exactly equal, yet one loaded for builds lower than XX, and the other for builds higher than XX, to workaround a bug in SIX Updater regarding version comparisons. So in essence, lately it didnt matter which one you use.

The bug has been solved in the meantime in SU, and we've now completely dropped the _new one.

Hopefully that'll clear all confusion now ;)

I need to find some alternative keys for Prev/Next Radio as currently I've got them on Alt+Shift+S and Alt+` but as Alt is the Freelook key it zooms out when using those combos, making my head spin if I'm cycling through my radios. Can anyone suggest a couple of combos that won't conflict with any others mods like ACE or MMA? It doesn't matter if they're not easy to press as I'm using the hotkeys on my keyboard for them anyway.

I also have a problem hearing people on local talk even though they're quite close. Over the radio is fine. Which settings affect the local volume? Do any of the in-game audio sliders have any bearing on this?

I'm also trying to test ST Acre Volume in the editor. I believe it's bound to ` but it doesn't do anything. Will this only work when I'm on a server? I don't think it's possible to change this key is it, because it's also the "Select All AI" key, which is fine on MP servers with no AI but if I wanted to play a LAN game with friends and some AI and use it, it would be difficult.

I have added the spectator script using this line of code "[true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;" in "onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs".

Its work fine but when someone re-jips then there are muted, yet can still hear everyone else normally.

Any Ideas?

Is it possible to configure longer sessions of having your mic muted when killed? Mine usually mutes for 5-10 seconds and I'm back...possible to mute it when knocked out too?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Is it possible to configure longer sessions of having your mic muted when killed? Mine usually mutes for 5-10 seconds and I'm back...possible to mute it when knocked out too?

I'm curious about this too, it seems people are able to speak while unconscious in ace now, I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case in earlier versions. It wasn't an issue until people actually noticed they could be heard when speaking while unconscious, so now everyone does it.

EDIT:

To clarify, the players cannot hear other people while unconscious(as per normal) but can speak and be heard either on the radio or directly

Edited by Kerc Kasha

I still can't get my acre to work at all...sound quality is just horrendous...not dropping packets on ts3 so I'm lost as what it is...seems like once it works it reverts to poor quality once you die and revive...requires restarting ts3...some people never hear anything but the distorted buzzing voices...at a loss as where to go from here.

I'm curious about this too, it seems people are able to speak while unconscious in ace now, I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case in earlier versions. It wasn't an issue until people actually noticed they could be heard when speaking while unconscious, so now everyone does it.

EDIT:

To clarify, the players cannot hear other people while unconscious(as per normal) but can speak and be heard either on the radio or directly

That have been always happening, unconscious players were always able to speak, but they dont hear anything, that isnt anything new :S. And as far as i know unless you modify ACRE yourself or wait for the a new versión, you can't do much about that ^^

* Fix the radio manipulation functions

Are the current ones broken? I've been using acre_api_fnc_setRadioState to switch channels at the start of a mission, it works but doesn't update the radio GUI.

Is there something internal I can call or change to force this to happen?

{
   _frequency = [_x] call acre_api_fnc_getRadioState;
   _radioType = [_x] call acre_api_fnc_getBaseRadio;

if ((_frequency select 0 != _squadFreq) && (_radioType == "ACRE_PRC343")) then {
       _trash = [_x, _squadFreq, 50] call acre_api_fnc_setRadioState;
       sleep 0.1;
       _trash = [_x] call acre_api_fnc_setCurrentRadio;
   };
} forEach _radio;

edit: I figured it out, bit messy but it works:

// Pick a frequency
_squadFreq = 2401;                                                // Able 1 - Ch. 1 (Default)
if (group player == able2) then {_squadFreq = 2402};            // Able 2 - Ch. 2
if (group player == ableMortar) then {_squadFreq = 2403};        // Able Mortar - Ch. 3

// Check radio freq. and change
{
   _radioState = [_x] call acre_sys_data_fnc_getRadioState;
   _frequency = _radioState select 0;
   _radioType = [_x] call acre_api_fnc_getBaseRadio;

if ((_frequency select 0 != _squadFreq) && (_radioType == "ACRE_PRC343")) then {
       // Change to new frequency
       _frequency set [0, _squadFreq];
       _radioState set [0, _frequency];

// Update radio knobs to match (volume default max)
       _radioState set [1, [_squadFreq - 2401, 1.0]];

// Save changes
       [_x, _radioState] call acre_sys_data_fnc_setRadioState;
       [_x, _frequency select 0, _frequency select 1] call acre_sys_core_fnc_setTxInfo;
   };
} forEach _radio;

Edited by bhaz

Is there a way to make the M88A2 workable? I wanna attach a tank an drive trough the battlefield ^^

(Wrong thread, this is ACRE not ACE)

Got a problem with ACRE and are desparate for some help.

I got a dedicated server and want to rune ACE+ACRE, ace is working perfect, but some how ACRE doesnt seem to been read at all.

If im ingame and try bring up a radio by press SHIFT+CTRL+X, and nothing happens.

Dont get any effect when I try to talk in the radio either.

No idea what the problem is.'

the mods that are launched in the commandline atm is -

@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy.

Do I need to change a config file on the server, or attach our teamspeak server to the Arma 2 server in some way?

Regards \ Vesterberg

Hello, I have a problem which appends to me all the time since ACRE 1.4.10.500.

After going out of a vehicle, a few seconds later, I can hear every player on the game and my teamspeak doesn't respond anymore.

The only solution I found is to kill the process and restart teamspeak.

Tried with teampeak 32 & 64 bits, same problem.

I just have to leave a vehicle with players on the game to reproduce the problem, nothing special in acre logs:

[21:42:39.511] * Logging engine initialized.
[21:42:39.511] Configuration file does not exist [C:/Program Files/TeamSpeak 3 Client/config/acre_config.xml]. Creating with defaults...
[21:42:39.532] * initializing...
[21:42:39.532] * initialization complete
[21:42:42.401] * [1] Engine startup in progress...
[21:42:42.402] Opening game pipe...
[21:42:42.902] Game pipe opening successful. [00000854]
[21:42:42.902] * Startup completed
[21:42:42.906] Non-Stereo sound detected, initializing custom mixing...
[21:42:45.344] Client connected

Edited by Le_CuLtO

I can't get this mod working at all, i literally tried everything (besides reinstalling windows) and i still get this PIPE ERROR ingame, i ran Arma 2 and teamspeak as admin, i even disabled all my programs and i made an exception for Arma 2 and teamspeak in my firewall, i literally have no antivirus program blocking A.C.R.E Or teamspeak. I am desperate right now. i reinstalled teamspeak 3 about 6 times and same for Arma 2 and i used beta patches.I installed everything correctly.And if it helps im using window 7 32 bit and i did put the 32 bit acre plugin in teamspeak so don't bother telling me that :(

"ACRE HAS EXPERIENCED A PIPE ERROR AND PIPE IS NOW CLOSING!" :(

[17:44:35.890] * [1] Engine startup in progress...

[17:44:35.892] Opening game pipe...

[17:44:36.392] Game pipe opening successful. [00000be8]

[17:44:36.392] * Startup completed

[17:44:36.434] Stereo sound detected, initializing custom mixing...

[17:44:38.857] Client connected

[17:44:38.857] Client disconnected

[17:44:44.350] Client connected

[17:44:44.350] Client disconnected

[17:44:49.365] Client connected

[17:44:49.370] Client disconnected

[17:44:54.404] Client connected

[17:44:54.407] Client disconnected

[17:44:59.405] Client connected

[17:44:59.405] Client disconnected

[17:45:4.411] Client connected

[17:45:4.411] Client disconnected

[17:45:9.424] Client connected

[17:45:9.424] Client disconnected

[17:45:14.449] Client connected

[17:45:14.449] Client disconnected

[17:45:19.458] Client connected

[17:45:19.458] Client disconnected

Edited by santos098

How do people manage using both a SR and LR radio, as in when acting as RTO for a squad?

I tried putting the 343 in my left ear and the 117 in my right ear but invariably when command was trying to talk to me on the 117, someone would start talking (or already be talking) on the 343 and combined with the local speech from soldiers around me, I mostly was unable to understand anything!

I obviously couldn't only have one radio active at a time because I wouldn't know when someone was trying to talk to me on one or the other.

How do people manage using both a SR and LR radio, as in when acting as RTO for a squad?

I tried putting the 343 in my left ear and the 117 in my right ear but invariably when command was trying to talk to me on the 117, someone would start talking (or already be talking) on the 343 and combined with the local speech from soldiers around me, I mostly was unable to understand anything!

I obviously couldn't only have one radio active at a time because I wouldn't know when someone was trying to talk to me on one or the other.

Adjust the volumes. Its been a while since I have played as an RTO with a number of people but I usually turn town the volume on the less "important" radio. I am going to guess that being able to listen to multiple radios and understand what is going on is the real skill RTOs have.

I can't get this mod working at all, i literally tried everything (besides reinstalling windows) and i still get this PIPE ERROR ingame, i ran Arma 2 and teamspeak as admin, i even disabled all my programs and i made an exception for Arma 2 and teamspeak in my firewall, i literally have no antivirus program blocking A.C.R.E Or teamspeak. I am desperate right now. i reinstalled teamspeak 3 about 6 times and same for Arma 2 and i used beta patches.I installed everything correctly.And if it helps im using window 7 32 bit and i did put the 32 bit acre plugin in teamspeak so don't bother telling me that :(

"ACRE HAS EXPERIENCED A PIPE ERROR AND PIPE IS NOW CLOSING!" :(

I'm surprised by all the problems people are having and it's a shame. I'm running widows 7 x64 and its works a charm for me sometimes playing over 4 hours plus without a single hitch. I'm new to ACRE and have only recently started to use it and i certainly don't want to stop. Just don't want the ACRE guys thinking it's totally screwed because it's flawless on my rig. Hope you guys having problems sort it out eventually and get it to work, and be polite when asking for a problem to be resolved. ;)

Tell the people to shut up (especially the ones next to you). :p