Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

This mod is a great Arma experience! :) Too bad that many servers crash after a while.

Other than that also from me: Congratulation for this great mod which is getting much attention in the gaming scene (not only the Arma one).

L4D players!
DayZ has brought in lots of people, there are so many DayZ servers that are all full. The only downside is that most of them are assholes and not the nice, courteous ArmA players.

I was just in a server where a guy was bragging about his job, how many Facebook friends he had, and how big his d*ck was. Yesterday, I approached another player and told him I wasn't going to shoot. He shoots me and just walks away, didn't even loot me.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

I just counted 120 DayZ servers, most of them being completely full at 50 players.

if these people only play dayz, then i can live with that

but what will be happen, if they begin to invade other servers?

goodbye arma...and welcome to counter strike!

@the dayz mod makers:

for gods sake PLEASE do something about the noobs shooting you even both of you are survivors! the gameplay is completely ruined becaufe of this cs gamers. this game is meant for team play not deathmath.

maybe you can implement a function where you get spawned at least 5000km away from your actual position if you kill someone of your kind. i dont see any other way to protect the "good" gamers.

regards

r.

Yes, because an influx of interested new players can change the very mechanics of the game.

Until we have a nice padlock for the server, I dont really care what ppl do with the game ;)

Many of those new players are mostly interested in killing/surving Zombies or RPG concept but not so much in military simulation/gaming. Popularity just for the sake of full servers isn't always good....or does one just prefer the average deathmatches incl kill-respawn-kill gameplay from *insertpopularshooter*? Don't make just a copy of something - make the difference - make it awesome!! :cool:

@the dayz mod makers:

for gods sake PLEASE do something about the noobs shooting you even both of you are survivors! the gameplay is completely ruined becaufe of this cs gamers. this game is meant for team play not deathmath.

maybe you can implement a function where you get spawned at least 5000km away from your actual position if you kill someone of your kind. i dont see any other way to protect the "good" gamers.

regards

r.

I think that at least partly increases the horror feeling cause you dont know who you can trust, but of course people that only go there to kill others are a bit boring.

I disagree completely, i highly doubt they would change the game play. The new players would have to adapt and understand the arma game play to be able to play. As sure you know CS wouldn't work in massive open spaces such as Takistan.

It is even outselling Max payne 3
Rockstar will not like that :cool:

Yes, because an influx of interested new players can change the very mechanics of the game.

this is not what i mean

the normal/arcade player can be a very unfriendly fragjunky, with no patience!

and if such a player gets frustrated because the game is to difficult or to slow/boring, then it's only a matter of time before they start to do very bad things (insults, destroying friendly bases, teamkills etc.)

r4mon, you got that wrong: the game isn't MEANT to be anything, thats exactly the fun part of this mission: NO RULES AT ALL

Ppl are just themselves and whatever they want to do, they just do it. It's a social experiment.

this is not what i mean

and if such a player gets frustrated because the game is to difficult or to slow/boring, then it's only a matter of time before they start to do very bad things (insults, destroying friendly bases, teamkills etc.)

Perhaps jumping to conclusions about players isn't wise, and trying to put players into types isn't fair. If insults were to happen, bases are destroyed or teamkills happen, server admin's have the necessary powers, to kick or ban users its that simple.

Well when all lost intresst in killing zombies they can always play our upcoming mod Hell in the pacific. Or just remake the Peleliu beachlanding with zombies landing on the beach. ;)

Even use INV44 mod to make some Nazi zombies?

:butbut:

Perhaps jumping to conclusions about players isn't wise, and trying to put players into types isn't fair. If insults were to happen, bases are destroyed or teamkills happen, server admin's have the necessary powers, to kick or ban users its that simple.

maybe you are right, and i'm too pessimistic...

we'll see what the future brings :j:

this is not what i mean

are u ok? have u even played this mod? this mod is not a traditional run and gun zombie game. this mod has the exact same patience and complexity as a traditional Arma 2 coop online game yet people still dont mind playing it, walking hours apon hours not seeing a single piece of gun fight action.

to say new people interested in this mod are all brain dead acrady/COD type players with no patience is complete rubbish IMO.

Sounds like you have not played DayZ because if you have, you would have realize this mod requires a lot of patience just like a traditional Arma 2 COOP game! come on man

Well when all lost intresst in killing zombies they can always play our upcoming mod Hell in the pacific. Or just remake the Peleliu beachlanding with zombies landing on the beach. ;)

Even use INV44 mod to make some Nazi zombies?

:butbut:

Hell in the Pacific or INV44 Mod with Zombies could be interesting :D

@the dayz mod makers:

regards

r.

Although I am not adverse to survivors killing survivors, the emphasis should really be survivors helping survivors and bandits trying to rob everyone and that's where we should be trying to steer it towards. Otherwise we might as well all have bandit skins.

Typical scenario new player joins, maybe doesn't understand the gameplay, kills the first person they see and becomes a bandit and is now a target for everyone.

Should they now realise what they have done and want to undo this, they have a really big problem trying to get back into the survivor skin.

The following may help to rebalance the gameplay that we are currently seeing.

1) Increase the threshold of when a survivor turns into a bandit so that he has to kill a few survivors before he reskins.

2) Any "Survivor skinned" player who has murdered more than 1 survivor automatically has a marker tracking their either exact or approximate location in the map, so that anyone with a map can see where they are.

The marker tracking stops if they become a bandit or they increase their humanity level.

3) if they continue on their killing spree, then there intention must be to become a bandit, at which point, after a few more kills, they reskin and the marker tracking is disabled on them.

4) More ways to increase their humanity, but there is a maximum humanity limit , this will stop someone who is a survivor gaining masses of humanity and then going on a survivor murder spree.

Possibly give an increase to humanity for killing a bandit

5) Add a reputation score, (Survivor skinned players only) this can be incremented by allowing each player to perform an action on another play, just once per player. So if Player A helps someone in anyway, another player can approach them, and run an action on them which adds a +1 to their reputation score. But they can only do this to Player A once. Its a way of saying thankyou.

This score can then be seen via a small overlay popup when you point your cursor at the player providing the knowabout value for the cursor target is high enough. This will allow an other player to see how trustworthy they are. This could represent human instinct and make approaching other players a little easier and therefore enhancing any chance of teamplay this mod has, without having to be in a clan

Edited by Terox

I think that at least partly increases the horror feeling cause you dont know who you can trust, but of course people that only go there to kill others are a bit boring.

This is one of the aspects I like the most from this mod, you can not trust anybody. If I see someone with a good weapon I will kill him too :)

In fact, I love the whole mod. Played for some hours now and I am hooked already!

There is only 1 thing that I would like to see different and that is that zombies should stop engaging/hunt you if you are a x amount of distance from them. Now they will follow you endlessly. I can run over the entire map with the same zombies chasing me (to many zombies to kill). See what I mean here.

Edited by B00tsy

Well when all lost intresst in killing zombies[...]

I don't know how many know of this but with a lot of luck, you can find radios who are actually transmitting encoded messages. It is suspected they are recieving signals from a numbers station. You can find a recording of it here.

It's certainly worth some investigation!

2) Any "Survivor skinned" player who has murdered more than 1 survivor automatically has a marker tracking their either exact or approximate location in the map, so that anyone with a map can see where they are.

The marker tracking stops if they become a bandit or they increase their humanity level.

I think that the marker showing the exact position would be a bit too much - but your idea goes in a right direction, IMO. Maybe a marker could just appear at the spot where a kill happened, not at the player's position. That would be cool - another player who has a map, can then search for the murderer and try to track him as new murder scene markers appear.

I think that the marker showing the exact position would be a bit too much - but your idea goes in a right direction, IMO. Maybe a marker could just appear at the spot where a kill happened, not at the player's position. That would be cool - another player who has a map, can then search for the murderer and try to track him as new murder scene markers appear.

Well approximate, or position where they were X amount of time ago., 4 minute delay etc

_pos = getpos _unit_with_Humanity_level_between_AandB;

sleep 240;

_marker setmarkerpos _pos;

This would only be intended as a temporary tracker while the player was deciding to be either good or to become a bandit.

The Murderer player could drop his weapon and allow a survivor player to approach him and run an action on him that increases his humanity by a small amount thus reinstating him back as a good survivor

Alternatively, he could lure them in, pull out a handgun and shoot them, thus decreasing his humanity more quickly and get bandit skinned and therefore stop the tracker on him

All I can say is... this is so far from actual DayZ gaming reality as it can be.