Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Well I think a zombie game need Melee. That is somthing Arma2 has some really problem with.

Somthing for BIS to think about in ARMA 3, a working melee system.

*BRAAAAAAAAINS!!*

Arma 2 returned to No. 1 at Steam's top sales. :D Even WITH the Dear Esther offer still being active. :) WTF!? :D

..You can find a recording of it here...

That transmission would seriously have given me chills if I had found one of those radios. Who knows what it means though... could be anything...

*sneaks off to grid refs*

<_<

>_>

I miss the old ultra fast zombies, they made me fear geting near a mob.

Can we hope to seen some fast zombies in the midle of the population again? (Like a special one, at every 50 zombies spawned 1 will be ultra fast).

There's the catch.

magnus28, no offense, but your "fun" is at other people's expense.

Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

I agree fully that players killing other players is an integral part of the whole thing. However, some people just overdo it and ONLY kill players, for no reason other than their twisted idea of "fun".

magnus28, no offense, but your "fun" is at other people's expense.

It just means that it is currently too easy.

EDIT: I havent been able to join anything in the last 30 minutes, ill try again tomorrow..

Damn this mod is addictive ..

Wish list :rolleyes:

Would be great to see some kind of Melee system or an abilty to use the hunting knife against zeds

A fortified trading post where items can be bought or traded .... Where survivors must pool together to gain precious resources... An area in which bandits are not welcome within a set radius

A cash system introduced for use at trading post

A system to make enterable houses lockable, so a safe storage point can be created. If a bandit should see you entering or leaving safehouse then he can take keys and gain entrance to said safehouse

A wider variety of game to hunt and more of them

Excellent mod cant wait for next patch

A fortified trading post where items can be bought or traded .... Where survivors must pool together to gain precious resources... An area in which bandits are not welcome within a set radius

A system to make enterable houses lockable, so a safe storage point can be created. If a bandit should see you entering or leaving safehouse then he can take keys and gain entrance to said safehouse

Trade post could be good, just add some ai manning M2 guns around the perimeter that dont die that should keep bandits away ;)

So get a group together and establish one. :)

Not going to work well in the Arma engine, and it would introduce too many extra variables that have to be dealt with to eliminate unwanted situations.

indeed :D that would be AWESOME! but its still in alpha! I think Rocket already has an extremely long list of what HE wants in the mod XD before he even looks at community requests XD

Damn this mod is addictive ..

Wish list :rolleyes:

Would be great to see some kind of Melee system or an abilty to use the hunting knife against zeds

Excellent mod cant wait for next patch

I think money currency would be bad, the way trade is better. Since the zombies have overrun every major city, money would have lost its value.

Why would i give my good rifle for some printed paper? But if you offer me other gun and some ammo for it. I would really think about it.

The number of animals to hunt seems to be good, we have cow's, rabits, pigs, sheep's. Maybe some dog meat? =x

Melee would be nice to not make loud noise in big city's, but the engine dont help with this.

The storage could be done with the tent camp. (if i recall right inst implemented yet)

The trade camp you can do with some friends, you provide the protection for the trades and get something as payment from providing it. Maybe a spare mag here and there, food and such =D

So get a group together and establish one.

Easier said than done ..

just a wish list, but someway to secure your cache, a lockable cargo container or something with a key associated to it. Peed of with being mugged by bandits

The number of animals to hunt seems to be good, we have cow's, rabits, pigs, sheep's. Maybe some dog meat? =x

I only ever encountered rabbits , must just be me ... Mmmm hillbillie chicken cooked over an open fire.

Edited by SOLDIER X

I think ammo could be a good marker for money. Take for example Metro 2033.

Ammo is as rare as money in the game and if you have some extra to spare you can trade for some goods etc.

Good point Blackfox

Ammo and fuel would make a more sensible commodity for trading in a post-apocalyptic world

In a distant trading post to offer some hope to survivors.

Anyone know the end game ?

Is there anylight at the end ? Or is it a day to day struggle to survive ?

An ultimate objective would be cool, join or form a resistance unit [new skin] ..... Form a strongpoint/ fortress where hummanity can thrive

Edited by SOLDIER X

Even as I’m sitting here now I can see that email box ticking up with people offering me support, and very skilled people as well. People coming from inside the industry saying that they may be a bit jaded by things as well and they want to see this emergent gameplay style grow out as well. That was really surprising. The amount of people who want to get involved and play something with all the rubbish of the industry removed from it.
- Rocket

Thats fricken awesome and music to my ears.

That's an interesting point.

From this situation in real life I'd expect everybody to just try and survive this day, the next and the next.

I think grouping is just the means to this. With multiple persons you can have somebody standing watch and have complementing skills (good hunter => gets more out of prey, good scavenger => finds more/hidden stuff, good cook => cooks better meals for more power, good builder => builds with less waste). Somewhat like skills in MMORPG like tank/dd/heal and professions.

This would be enough for me to play this mod, but that would also make it very complex.

About the payment system:

Funny because I read an article from a survival expert today who wrote to pack a 1000$ in an emergency bag and thought "I know americans like their dollars, but I doubt it would be stable through an apocalypse."

I think bartering would be the way to go. The problem is: If you're hungry and have no food any food can have a high "price", if you have plenty of food, it can be pretty cheap. The game would be really interesting though if any ressource would be scarce the whole time. Like you could barely make it to eat every day and getting weaker and weaker the longer you're without food/water. :P

@the dayz mod makers:

for gods sake PLEASE do something about the noobs shooting you even both of you are survivors! the gameplay is completely ruined becaufe of this cs gamers. this game is meant for team play not deathmath.

maybe you can implement a function where you get spawned at least 5000km away from your actual position if you kill someone of your kind. i dont see any other way to protect the "good" gamers.

regards

r.

Or you know..you could...just not trust anyone. Remember all bandits start out as survivors. Stick with people you KNOW. I've met maybe 2 people I randomly ran across that didn't want my head. One let us part ways, the other teamed up with me shortly in Elektro before I was shot by a bandit in the area. The Good gamers are the one's that survive, that's the whole dynamic of this mod, to survive, with or without the help of other players. You start punishing people for killing other players you start ruining part of what makes this mod fun.

Edited by Steakslim

Wow congratulations Rocket and BIS Arma 2 CO is now #1 Top Seller on Steam!

Big day for Armaverse!

May 16th, 2012 :D :dancehead:

Something to lose the zombies would be nice, I ran like 10km with 10000 zombies behind me for 1 hour, I was wounded, no bullets, no food, no water. I dont know, maybe make them a little bit slower and make them lost interest in you if they can´t catch you

make them lost interest in you if they can´t catch you

You could always try run towards another players glow stick and hope the zombies take the bait....Would that work?

You could always try run towards another players glow stick and hope the zombies take the bait....Would that work?

Lol yes it does,Sry to the guy on the beach with a flare!

I was being chased for ages by loads of them,saw a flare in the distance.

I ran past him,turned around to see them stop and attack him lol.

So I got away :)

Ridiciously amazing mod :O

Will more maps be supported in the future? I'm thinking Taviana, Emita, Podagorsk, Everon, maybe Pantera, the other awesome soviet style maps.

i can't believe how many ppl join arm2 only because of this mod..Is it that superb? I never really liked zombie stuff, i may should change my mind :/