Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

At the end of the day, AI soldiers are just waiting for the bullet when it's in a player's interest to get their stuff. You'd only have a lot of better-equipped bandits to worry about.

Buff those soldiers artificially? I know it would break the realism part of the game, but its for a greater good.

On a side note, imagine the success of a STALKER online.... :eek:

Buff those soldiers artificially? I know it would break the realism part of the game, but its for a greater good.

Improving the soldiers is inconsequential because there are ways to take down AI soldiers without much of a risk, and the AI can only be so effective at shooting back for body armor, numbers or better weapons to make a difference.

At the end of the day, AI soldiers are just waiting for the bullet when it's in a player's interest to get their stuff. You'd only have a lot of better-equipped bandits to worry about.

The irony is that to get that stuff the bandits/murders would have to form a team and trust each other, which is an interesting idea in itself. Plus you can still have BMPs scouting for bandits as maturin suggested.

The idea of BMPs patroling certain 'safe zones' hunting for bandits is a good one. Perhaps a 'safe zone' is only deemed as such when there are a certain number of non-bandits present. This would encourage people to seek each other out and band together to create a 'safe zone'. Also it would make sense for BMPs to be vunerable somehow to attacks by groups of bandits - so encouraging them to group-up as well. It would be up to the 'none bandits' to protect the BMPs to a certain extent.

Also it would make sense for BMPs to be vunerable somehow to attacks by groups of bandits

I don't know if that is necessary as the game seems to really benefit the bandits at the moment.

I don't know if that is necessary as the game seems to really benefit the bandits at the moment.

I was thinking from the point of view that without this then the 'non bandits' would just hole up and not go anywhere. Perhaps instead, resources in a safe zone would eventually run out necessitating the need for further exploration? Ot, perhaps the BMPs need fuel and ammo and this has to be found somewhere?

I was thinking from the point of view that without this then the 'non bandits' would just hole up and not go anywhere. Perhaps instead, resources in a safe zone would eventually run out necessitating the need for further exploration? Ot, perhaps the BMPs need fuel and ammo and this has to be found somewhere?

Yep, people can go out scavenging and return to their safe zone to trade and such. This is sounding like Stalker :) that's great!

Fuel and ammo for the BMP would be kept in a stockpile (the BMP would automatically depleat it). Of course if a bandit got to the stockpile, he could steal some of the contents. Furthermore a non bandit could also steal the contents to sell to bandits but would then himself become a bandit...

Fuel and ammo for the BMP would be kept in a stockpile (the BMP would automatically depleat it). Of course if a bandit got to the stockpile, he could steal some of the contents. Furthermore a non bandit could also steal the contents to sell to bandits but would then himself become a bandit...

It would be more useful than repairing cars at any rate. Not sure how you'd script stealing though.

It would be more useful than repairing cars at any rate. Not sure how you'd script stealing though.

It would not be a regular ammobox, but a special object with a 'take' addaction. You could then check if the person taking was a bandit already or not. Something along these lines anyway.

It would not be a regular ammobox, but a special object with a 'take' addaction. You could then check if the person taking was a bandit already or not. Something along these lines anyway.

:) :)

You're right Celery that no AI could survive an player if they really want to take them out,but for the lone bandit usually armed with an Cz550 or Enfield taking up a patrol of 6 soldiers would not be exactly easy if they're on max skill and super AI enabled.The soldiers could pack regular Ak-107s(no Pso-1 version) and PKMs only.Experienced bandits are few and those already have better gear,besides the one shot one kill weapons like Enfield would still be superior to those Aks.

Also Maturin said something about vehicles,if they're wheeled I'm afraid they're kinda useless with the amount of debris on the roads and towns,even if we had tracked vehicles like BMPs they're kinda blind spotting players in woods,not to mention the noise they would make.

I dont understand it, I am fully updated on @CBA etc and latest version of @Dayz but still always getting kicked at login for my @CBA something not being signed!

I HAVE THE DAMN keys in the right folder so I dont see what the problem is. Any help please? and NO I dont want to download anything from Six Updater, thanks :)

I dont understand it, I am fully updated on @CBA etc and latest version of @Dayz but still always getting kicked at login for my @CBA something not being signed!

I HAVE THE DAMN keys in the right folder so I dont see what the problem is. Any help please? and NO I dont want to download anything from Six Updater, thanks :)

Requirements

• ArmA II: CO
  • DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
  • Balls

Requirements

• ArmA II: CO
  • DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
  • Balls

Yup I seen that, but the server requirements are saying I need "@CBA" and "JayArmA2Lib" so dunno... ill try again without, thanks :)

Yup I seen that, but the server requirements are saying I need "@CBA" and "JayArmA2Lib" so dunno... ill try again without, thanks :)

I noticed that, too. I checked the website and there was no mention of @CBA or any other mod, other than @DAYZ, being required. You should be able to log in just fine.

BTW, expect a long loading time if you haven't played it before. I'm talking 10+ minutes to load in some cases.

You answered your own question. The server requires those things, not the client.

I noticed that, too. I checked the website and there was no mention of @CBA or any other mod, other than @DAYZ, being required. You should be able to log in just fine.

BTW, expect a long loading time if you haven't played it before. I'm talking 10+ minutes to load in some cases.

Didnt take long after all, around 2 to 3 mins loading all together. Wasnt so bad. Though the lag and also so many people makes it hard to play or no spaces to join on a server, hehe.

wow played this for the 1st time last night. pretty good.

especially when being zombie charged. those SOBs can move fast and that damn swaying.

then some shithead shot me. wish there was some death message like X killed you. then i can hunt them down.

how to stop the killing by other players? well in real world people join gangs or tribes to get benefit of strength, with tattoos and marking signifying belonging. they also stick together, so maybe having a gang spawn area would be useful or just a gang meeting ground that they could go to. they could also stockpile supplies and weapons in this area, and defend it against attacks, etc. thats sorta how people would do it in the case of a real catastrophe.

only other thing i ask is why is the movement system so clunky? it feels less fluid than default arma so i guess its intentional. But that shuffle sidestep drives me batty.

I think persistance and automatic saving makes this mod too easy. You had an awesome gear and got killed? No problem, just quit and rejoin the server before it saves. Are you at a military base and there's no good loot? No problem, just let the game save and join another server until a good loot appears.

With that technic, I've got an awesome gear with suppressed M4, PDW as pistol and all the equipment(map, compass, GPS, only lacking night vision). The mod suddenly went from terrifyingly beautiful to incredibly easy. Zombies are never a concern.

One solution is increasing the save frequency or forcing save after certain events(death). Still, you can still cheat the game by aborting the game when you realize you're going to die. Probably the best solution would be to force players to put up tents before saving with some rare random saving(without timer) thrown in to safeguard against server crashes.

I think somewhere someone once said:

Realistic gameplay is its own reward.

Honestly, I think persistence and automatic saving is one of the things making this mod one of the most popular.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Wow, i really hope BIS is noticing the popularity of this "morpg" day-z has.

I think that if ARMA 3 had such future, (saving stuff to a database etc) it would be huge!

Are you at a military base and there's no good loot? No problem, just let the game save and join another server until a good loot appears.

That's known and being worked on, i.e. I've read on IRC that this "feature" will go away.

Bandits arent my main concerned. My two friends got attacked by 3 and we just had maks. They took out 2 and i snuck up from behind and took out one with a makarov. What im worried about are (please excuse my language) prick assholes backstabbers who just shoot everyone in the freakin head after joining up with u