Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Well to be honest the mod gets boring after you find decent loot. As it stands now it's just a treasure hunt. Once most people find a gun and some food etc they just get bored and want to shoot each other. Needs more things to do.

I posted a suggestion in the other DayZ topic (in the offtopic section) about promoting team play, but I thought it might be more suitable here:

One possibility would be to make healing only work properly if players heal each other and not themselves... like make the bandages only work 50% if you apply them to yourself, but 100% if another player applies it for you.

Also, some kind of simulation of fear would be interesting - if you are alone (far away from live survivors) for a while, you start suffering certain effects that simulate panic - perhaps shaky aim, blurry vision etc. It shouldn't start immediately and not be too bad or even noticable at first, but it should get progressively worse the longer you are alone. Say after half an hour alone you start getting mild shakes, after another half hour they get worse, and the longer you're alone the worse it gets. Staying close to other survivors should reverse the effect over time - the more survivors, the faster and better.

Put simply, it would be a kind of "morale meter".

Leopardi -

check the uppercase/ lowecase FOLDER/ kohde

they dont match and game never found the mod.

Devil is always in the detail

Tried the mod yesterday, and I like the potential. This could become liquid awesome.

Regarding player killing: Most player killing is done to get their stuff. In real life, if you are a mugger, you don't really kill people, you knock them unconscious, nick their stuff, and run away.. Would that be an option in DayZ ? Sneaking up on somebody Dark Project style and hit him over the head with a stick ?

Killing should stay but like others said some sort of balance should be implemented.Perhaps if he killed 10 players others could see his position on map(if they have one).If he scores more than 10 kills/or camps a place for more than an hour anyone could see his position regardless if they have a map or not.

It's not realistic but hey if someone survived an zombie invasion let us know.:p

Well to be honest the mod gets boring after you find decent loot. As it stands now it's just a treasure hunt. Once most people find a gun and some food etc they just get bored and want to shoot each other. Needs more things to do.
Yup recently we started to shoot down helicopters with our M240 producing MONTERKILL of 5 without loosing any humanity. I told them, they should better fly High...By the way, may we have Stingers plz? No Joke im serious we (team) had a killstreak of TWO low and slow passing helos in EU2 tonight. In both cases the pilot simply bled out and crashed.

Question before I waste it:

how do tents work now?

Are they serverside only?

and what about persistence?

What's up with the exploding A-10s that kill so much players, is that really necesssary?

maybe they could implement a random mission for players. You can choose in the server start screen what side you are then you got random missions. Sides like: Bandit, Banditkiller aka Policeguy, or just neutral guys

For example: Kill Player X!

And you could get every hour or so his last known location ;) ANd you have so and so much time for it..

Or Kill a player, and you get just the location of a random player of the opposite team so and so near to your position (we have to deal with people loging out and in and so on so the sevrer can just switch the target on another person if person A logs out).

as A bandit you must kill a bandit killer and vice versa, as a neutral player you could have missions like, go to location X find medicine and heal npcs in location Y in so much time. whatever,.. bring food, or evac persons to a safe location.

Or maybe hold a position X.. GO to a location, kill all zombies and hold it for 20 minutes against zombies, or maybe other players from the other side whose mission is to hold the position...

SHould give Good lewt ;) sd Guns _with_ mags ^^ or NVGs

or maybe a functioning vehicle? when done 3 missions in a row

some missions could give Unique Loot that doesnt spawn on the map, such as clothings which stay even when you died.

there could be complex missions. When a new spawned player sends a request for helping him to get equipment, one can apply to this mission and help him getting stuff. The server checks if the player has some basic stuff, and gives the helper a bonus or an item .. maybe from a list he can choose too.

Edited by tremanarch

maybe they could implement a random mission for players. You can choose in the server start screen what side you are then you got random missions.

For example: Kill Player X!

And you could get every hour or so his last known location ;) ANd you have so and so much time for it..

as A bandit you must kill a bandit killer and vice versa, as a neutral player you could have missions like, go to location X find medicine and heal npcs in location Y in so much time. whatever,..

SHould give Good lewt ;) sd Guns _with_ mags ^^ or NVGs

or maybe a functioning vehicle? when done 3 missions in a row

As I wrote before. its not wrogn to keep the gameplay pure and free of any ACHIEVEMENTS. If you can't make your own ones that's your problem. Good loot als also no problem when you have figured out where to find it. Those places are the ones where the killing takes place...that's natural. making vehicles work is alo no deal considering all the road and air traffic we see recently.

What#s bad is that there are no superior goals in the form of reestablishing civilisation like Elektricity or rather Zombie free safezones. To keep those zones safe that would be the players work...somezhink like...no you do not get entrance here in this KSK suit.

i know hwat you mean, and I do not need missions or achievemnts which come from the server the game and not from the players. But on the other Hand I see the bored bandits shooting out of boredom. Thats not good either. They must make it harder for them. Randomly spawn harder Zombies around NVGs equipt players and so on...

The game should not be so easy that you can sit somewhere and farm places and getting old there with no fears.

I know many places you can lewt over and over. You can get AKM, and Equipment in around one or two hours, than just switch server and go somewhere else.. than you have good stuff and get paranoid ;)

Most fun comes from teamplay. Slight encourage from the game maybe? but how.. player made safe zones. I had this idea one week ago. And I still like it though. But I fear it is not worth it without some reward in form of loot or sth. Direct Voice of course is a must.

I agree with Beagle. The game should be open so that the player can decide what they want to do. The only thing I would recommend be changed is how the loot currently spawns. It is currently pretty consistent where the good loot spawns, so I would suggest making it completely random for each loot position so that each house/barn/factory has an equal chance of spawning either an AK or an empty can (of course, the odds of an AK spawning should be significantly less than the empty cans).

I haven't seen any working vehicles in the game, and I think vehicles should be very difficult to acquire. I would like a few boats added though, so players can get to the islands without dropping some/all of their gear. The island with the lighthouse has a little town with zombies on it, so it would be good if it were a little more accessible.

I'm sorry the bandits are bored. Making loot spawn randomly might fix that, though, as then there will be no set spots for them to camp.

I've only been playing Dayz for about three hours so I've never really got beyond the pistol and hiding in the forest at night stage so take this as a shot in the dark.

Maybe the way to put a curb on the killing would be to introduce karma. Since the player is tracked, ie when you log in the game knows who you are to go and fetch your character, it could keep a record of your humanity when you die and apply it against your next character. If you are a PKing bastard in this life look forward to spawning with a pistol, one mag and a max blood point value of only half that of a normal person in the next.

Would that discourage people enough?

I think that's already taken into account, unless I'm horribly mistaken.

I think that's already taken into account, unless I'm horribly mistaken.

He said

.. keep a record of your humanity when you die ...

Is this currently the case?

Would be great if players have something more to do than survive-kill-loot-respawn!! What about adding a more advanced faction that will randomly hunt/scare everyone? What about some invulnerable AI merchants/offices where you can buy/sell stuff? Imo the main task for every player should be to leave Chernarus via "Route Z" before darkness + agony will strike Chernarus again.....something that will make players think more before shooting each other 'just for looting' or/and 'killcount stats'.

Hi, I really liked your mod, like a game. There are several pozhilany. I myself am very bad speak English, in this translation done by Google Translite. I apologize for that. The original can be found under the spoiler.

A. Very poor distribution of the balance of zombies. The forests have dramatically added amount (forest cover most areas Chernorusi), otherwise you stupid "dive" into the woods. That's all. The man fled from persecution. In cities, too, need to be increased. A better reallocate approximately uniformly over the area of ​​settlement

Two. Behavior of zombies is not very playable. Well, first of stupidity running. From them you can get away whole miles. I shook all of them three miles until you get shot. So it is necessary either to remove the stumbling while running or increase the speed of movement (though it is so high). Desirable first.

Three. Secondly, they can prosecute a person indefinitely. Well, let's think logically. After all, when a person runs for prey, and if it disappears from sight, and man returns to his area of ​​habitat. The same? So the zombies have to do the same, or mass migration, and the devastation of entire regions are inevitable. It is necessary to do so - the zombies chase a person a certain distance (it must be remembered also that while running smoothly removed in order to prevent the eternal pursuit) as soon as it is - a return to a fixed area. And when the man disappeared from view - the same thing.

4. Add the possibility of starting randominizirovaniya weapons. What would appear from the start Randomnaya gun with a small number of randomly-tion of ammunition.

Five. Add animation, aiming, and the waving motion with his hands up (surrendering). The idea is that it is not always clear, aiming at you people (and therefore wants to shoot), or just keeps on ready for the case of zombie attack weapons. Waving for what would be denoted by their friendliness to denote the distance or the place waving fireworks. Surrendering to move - well, that's understandable.

6. Redistribute the spawn and loot. In my opinion, the best rep to do in the center of Chernarus, more loot on the coast, the most interesting thing to scatter in the woods. But we need a delicate balance, so I do not know.

7. It must be added water purification tablets (in stock for cards, etc.), and does the dirty salt water delirium to drink. This betrays the meaning of glazing, the replacement is not known what (clean or dirty) water in a jar, which is selected. Who drank the dirty water - ill. Too, and not fried meat.

Eight. Make it so that the chat and voice chat to communicate could be only with the radio.

9. Let the flashlight, portable radio and night vision devices are powered by batteries, which are placed in slots for cards, etc.

10. Add a selection of clothing from the start (when a player rep, then before it appears on the menu the type of equipment available, and he chooses the starting costumes).

Accordingly, all this should be in settings that could be corrected. There is a thought, but it is, in my opinion, the main one.

Привет, мне очень понравилÑÑ Ð’Ð°Ñˆ мод, как и игра. ЕÑÑ‚ÑŒ неÑколько пожиланий. Сам Ñ Ð¾Ñ‡ÐµÐ½ÑŒ плохо владею английÑким, по-Ñтому делал перевод через Google Translite. Прошу Ð¿Ñ€Ð¾Ñ‰ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð·Ð° Ñто. Оригинал можете найти под Ñпойлером.

1. Очень плохой Ð±Ð°Ð»Ð°Ð½Ñ Ñ€Ð°ÑÐ¿Ñ€ÐµÐ´ÐµÐ»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð·Ð¾Ð¼Ð±Ð¸. Ð’ леÑах надо кардинально добавлÑÑ‚ÑŒ количеÑтва (леÑа покрывают большинÑтво площадей ЧерноруÑи), иначе можно тупо "нырнуть" в леÑ. И вÑÑ‘. Человек ÑкрылÑÑ Ð¾Ñ‚ преÑледованиÑ. Ð’ городах тоже надо их увеличивать. Рлучше перераÑпределить примерно равномерно по площади н.п.

2. ÐŸÐ¾Ð²ÐµÐ´ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð·Ð¾Ð¼Ð±Ð¸ крайне не играбельное. Ðу, во-первых тупоÑÑ‚ÑŒ бега. От них можно убегать целые километры. Я вообще мотал от них 3 км, пока не подÑтрелили. Так что надо либо убрать запинки во Ð²Ñ€ÐµÐ¼Ñ Ð±ÐµÐ³Ð°, либо увеличить ÑкороÑÑ‚ÑŒ Ð¿ÐµÑ€ÐµÐ¼ÐµÑ‰ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ (Ñ…Ð¾Ñ‚Ñ Ð¾Ð½Ð° и так выÑока). Желательнее первое.

3. Во-вторых они могут преÑледовать человека до беÑконечноÑти. Ðу давайте думать логичеÑки. Ведь когда человек бежит за добычей, и еÑли она пропадает из Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ñ Ð·Ñ€ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ, человек же возвращаетÑÑ Ð² Ñвою зону обитаниÑ. Так же? Так и зомби надо делать то же Ñамое, иначе маÑÑовые миграции и опуÑтошение целых районов неизбежны. Ðадо Ñделать так - зомби преÑледуют человека определённое раÑÑтоÑÐ½Ð¸Ñ (надо помнить ещё и то, что запинки во Ð²Ñ€ÐµÐ¼Ñ Ð±ÐµÐ³Ð° убраны, дабы не допуÑтить вечного преÑледованиÑ), как только оно проходит - возвращаютÑÑ Ð² закреплённой за Ñобой район. И когда человек ÑкрылÑÑ Ð¸Ð· Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ñ Ð·Ñ€ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ - то же Ñамое.

4. Добавить возможноÑÑ‚ÑŒ Ñ€Ð°Ð½Ð´Ð¾Ð¼Ð¸Ð½Ð¸Ð·Ð¸Ñ€Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ Ñтартового оружиÑ. Что бы Ñо Ñтарта поÑвлÑлаÑÑŒ Ñ€Ð°Ð½Ð´Ð¾Ð¼Ð½Ð°Ñ Ð¿ÑƒÑˆÐºÐ° Ñ Ð¼Ð°Ð»Ñ‹Ð¼ рандомным кол-вом патронов.

5. Добавить анимации прицеливаниÑ, Ð¼Ð°Ñ…Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ Ð¸ Ð´Ð²Ð¸Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð´Ð½Ñтыми руками (ÑдавшиÑÑŒ). СмыÑл в том, что не вÑегда понÑтно, целитÑÑ Ð² Ñ‚ÐµÐ±Ñ Ñ‡ÐµÐ» (и ÑоответÑтвенно хочет приÑтрелить) или проÑто держит на готове на Ñлучай атаки зомби оружие. Махание Ð´Ð»Ñ Ñ‚Ð¾Ð³Ð¾, что бы обозначать Ñвою дружелюбноÑÑ‚ÑŒ на раÑÑтоÑнии или обозначать меÑто маханием фаеров. ДвигатьÑÑ ÑдавшиÑÑŒ - ну, Ñто понÑтно.

6. ПерераÑпределить меÑта реÑпавна и лута. По-моему, лучше реÑп делать в центре ЧерноруÑÑии, больше лута на побережье, Ñамое интереÑное раÑкидывать в леÑах. Ðо здеÑÑŒ нужен тонкий баланÑ, так что не знаю.

7. Ðадобно бы добавить таблетки Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¾Ñ‡Ð¸Ñтки воды (в инвентарь Ð´Ð»Ñ ÐºÐ°Ñ€Ñ‚Ñ‹ и Ñ‚.д.), а вовÑе бред воду Ñолёную грÑзную пить. Это и предаÑÑ‚ ÑмыÑл глазировкам, как замена неизвеÑтно какой (чиÑтой или грÑзной) воде во флÑге, которые подбирают. Кто выпил грÑзную воду - заболел. Тоже и Ñ Ð½Ðµ жаренным мÑÑом.

8. Сделать так, что бы чатитьÑÑ Ð¸ общатьÑÑ Ð³Ð¾Ð»Ð¾Ñовым чатом можно было бы только при наличии рации.

9. ПуÑÑ‚ÑŒ фонарик, Ñ€Ð°Ñ†Ð¸Ñ Ð¸ ПÐÐ’ питаютÑÑ Ð¾Ñ‚ батареек, которые кладутÑÑ Ð² Ñлоты Ð´Ð»Ñ ÐºÐ°Ñ€Ñ‚Ñ‹ и Ñ‚.д.

10. Добавить выбор одежды Ñо Ñтарта (когда игрок реÑпитьÑÑ, то перед ним поÑвлÑетÑÑ Ð¼ÐµÐ½ÑŽ по типу Ð¸Ð½Ð²ÐµÐ½Ñ‚Ð°Ñ€Ñ Ð¸ он выбирает доÑтупные Ñтартовые коÑтюмы).

СоответÑтвенно, вÑÑ‘ Ñто должно быть в наÑтройках, что бы можно было бы корректировать. ЕÑÑ‚ÑŒ ещё мыÑли, но Ñто, по-моему, оÑновное.

Edited by Komrad_Viktor

I agree with Beagle. The game should be open so that the player can decide what they want to do. The only thing I would recommend be changed is how the loot currently spawns. It is currently pretty consistent where the good loot spawns, so I would suggest making it completely random for each loot position so that each house/barn/factory has an equal chance of spawning either an AK or an empty can (of course, the odds of an AK spawning should be significantly less than the empty cans).

This is a great idea because right now everyone and their dog are packing Cz550s/Enfield and Winchesters.Having equally chance to find nice weapons like M4A1 or Akms in random locations should also fix the camping of airfields,Stary Sobor or Cherno/Elektro.

hi guys,

hope someone can help me with my questions:

1. is it possible to see the name of the player standing in front of me?

2. how do i know someone is a bandit or not?

3. how do i become a bandit? and how do others know?

4. what is the green icon on the right side with the human head?

5. where do i find a map and better weapons?

6. how do i team up with others? can i see their location after "teaming up"?

7. is it possible that loot is not randomly spawning? i just read "go to elektro" for good loot!? how do i get to elektro without a map?

i think that mod has GREAT potential. it is like walking dead in an open world. few fixes and enhancements for more team playing and this game becomes perfect!

p.s. i found a great website answering most of the questions http://www.knowngriefers.com/2012/05/dayz-survival-guide.html

thanks and regards

r.

Edited by r4m0n

Anyone know when this no zombies/loot spawning is getting fixed? Since yesterday increasing amount of servers have that. Pretty pointless to play now.

Fantastic fun, would like the chance once things become more complete to try this mod on other islands where houses are more enterable. I’m assuming that the loot is somehow calculated with the default game building IDs for enterable and non-enterable.

Zombie dogs anyone? Now that would be interesting :)

Fantastic fun, would like the chance once things become more complete to try this mod on other islands where houses are more enterable. I’m assuming that the loot is somehow calculated with the default game building IDs for enterable and non-enterable.

I think in recent updates Rocket added some spawn locations at non-enterable buildings. Other islands? I think Chernarus is ideal, and it's nice to revisit it when my computer is finally powerful enough to run it nicely :)

I think in recent updates Rocket added some spawn locations at non-enterable buildings. Other islands? I think Chernarus is ideal, and it's nice to revisit it when my computer is finally powerful enough to run it nicely :)

It would be great on Lingor and probably Duala as well. But mostly Lingor. But i would say that additional maps should not happen before a stable and somewhat complete base mod.

Too bad the mod is spoiled by random player killing... I played 5 characters now and never died by a Zombie, always by being shot by players.

The player killing is random, senseless and arbitrary, and spoils the whole mod. Too bad, maybe it will be better in the future, but right now, it's pure deathmatch. Sorry, if I want to play deathmatch, I take Unreal Tournament.

I enjoyed it up to a point.

However, it's quite obvious the CoD crowd has oozed into ArmA with the news of this mod. I never get tired of the blatant racism in every chat, dick and fart jokes, and players with the screen-names of XX!360NoScope420!XX and FokkingFag. :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by DetCord

Too bad the mod is spoiled by random player killing... I played 5 characters now and never died by a Zombie, always by being shot by players.

The player killing is random, senseless and arbitrary, and spoils the whole mod. Too bad, maybe it will be better in the future, but right now, it's pure deathmatch. Sorry, if I want to play deathmatch, I take Unreal Tournament.

Sort of the point tho, i was playing earlier and realised myself and other guy wouldnt make it out of a compound. So i shot him stole his gun and ran. The Zombies went for him, i ran away.

I think joining a server with Arma Buddies and just trying to meet up somewhere is a brilliant mini game in itself.