SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Is it possible to use the maps (merderet, omah etc.) without running the entire mod? And have the classnames of all the units been released yet?

You might be able to, I would guess you would need all of the addon files the maps make use of and as there's a lot of inter-dependencies between files it might be easier just to run the mod :) So far we haven't released a new class list as we're looking for a way of having one we can easily add to and detail any I44 specific features units may have. There is a spreadsheet posted a few pages back with basic unit class names listed though that should cover anything you need to know.

Edited by PacUK

just wondering:

are the missions of the 2.5 version compatible with the 2.6 version?

for example, the "landing" mission of 2.6 can't be played, due to the numbers of groups which is too high.

but we could play it in 2.5

so, if I use the "landing" mission which was released with 2.5 version, will I be able to play it or not?

thanks

I would expect it to bring up a lot of errors if you try, the fixed 2.6 version should be out in a couple of days so you might just wanna wait for now.

roger, thank for info.

btw, will you release it on this thread? with a link on 1st post?

or just on your forum?

thanks

and is anyone working on a campaign for this mod? I think it could be worth it

Edited by Wiki

Hi all

Thanks a lot for this amazing mod. This is another game, another gameplay, the German Panzer are absolutely so pretty...

We really enjoy it, so you can find three MP mission here, at home :

http://www.force27.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1616

Just for honoring this great mod. Thanks for the authors

Sorry, briefing and game message are in French

thank you pac the allowfleeing script works! Also have you changed the radius of the c-47's engine sound in the latest version? because the sound fades at a shorter distance than it did before

Hi all

Thanks a lot for this amazing mod. This is another game, another gameplay, the German Panzer are absolutely so pretty...

We really enjoy it, so you can find three MP mission here, at home :

http://www.force27.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1616

Just for honoring this great mod. Thanks for the authors

Sorry, briefing and game message are in French

zeufman, thankss for the missions! I can see only one though, at the bottom of the page (Guns of Hazar). Where can we find the other two?

Edit: Ok, found them on your forum board.

Is there any chance for an English version?

Edited by Variable

i want to see the md5 sums of the zipz added to your site in the download section..

so i can compare the sums and check that my download was good.

Edited by nuxil

Is there any chance for an English version?

Don't think possible, due to my poor english writing.

I need for a translator to do for that ;-)

Any I44 mission from the CIA Team to share ?

I've used some of your background image web site for my loading screen mission, thy are fine ;-)

Any I44 mission from the CIA Team to share ?

I've used some of your background image web site for my loading screen mission, thy are fine ;-)

Sure there are some, check our User made missions board. There are three i44 missions Zwobot made. However, he still considers them in Beta state, since they are not tested. Once tested, they will be officially released. We have a game tonight, so that might happen soon enough.

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

By the way, finally a no-respawn coop mission! We have been searching for i44, no respawn missions since the mod release. Thanks for that zeufman.

Community! Please make more of those!

I would happy to contribute by offering my services as an Anglo-French translator.

Maybe you could look at doing some missions using small (3-6 man) units such as the LRDG or the Jeburgh teams.

My dream is a Resistance campaign set in the Vercors :rolleyes:

By the way, finally a no-respawn coop mission! We have been searching for i44, no respawn missions since the mod release. Thanks for that zeufman.

Community! Please make more of those!

I totally agree. I cannot understand why so many mission creators adopt respawn in their missions. Especially in a game with so much emphasis on realism...

Edited by domokun

Thanks Guys !

There is a MP group respawn in the mission i made ( this is for enjoy the gameplay for the entire group player, il any playable AI slot is free. ), but no revive.

I am going to see for helping to translate briefing.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I would appreciate some more informations about the ammunition, used in the Panzer or AT Pak 40.

What are the caracteristic of each one, and what for use them ( what are the Frag and/or AP ) :

- Tigre 88 Kwk

88mm Pzgr.

88mm Gr. 39 HI

88 mm Sprgr L/4.5

- Panther 75 KwK

75 mm Sprgr. 42

(just one, i suppose this is AT or armor piercing )

- Pak 40 75 mm

75 mm Gr. 38 HI/C

75 mm Gr. 38 HI/B ( difference between B or C. What's mean HI, High Explosive ? )

75 mm Pzgr.39

Generally, the Panzergrenate ammunition is use for Armor Piercing.

But i'm just a bit lost with game abreviation.

Thanks for information, and sorry if already explain, but i haven't found anything with research fonction.

Thanks for this mod :)

I've read that we have to wait for the classlist so I will try to configurate my DAC_Config_Camps.sqf alone :)

Maybe you could look at doing some missions using small (3-6 man) units such as the LRDG or the Jeburgh teams.

That's some good ideas for use. I am going to see with Mediteranean or greek operation, maps are made for. I think about Crete with FallSchirmjager ( ope Merkur )

French resistance operation is a little bit poweruseful for gameplaying, don't know about that... :-( ( may be with human player on the both side ).

Anyway, there so many map and historical situation, that the ideas are up .... ;-)

Thanks Guys !

There is a MP group respawn in the mission i made ( this is for enjoy the gameplay for the entire group player, il any playable AI slot is free. ), but no revive.

"Group" and "Side" respawn are totally ok. It's the "Base" and "Instant" respawn that completely make a mission not appealing in our eyes. Revive, as long as it can be set to zero, is ok too ;).

I totally agree. I cannot understand why so many mission creators adopt respawn in their missions. Especially in a game with so much emphasis on realism...

It totally bewilders me too. I find it very hard to find no respawnvive missions lately, and there's especially a problem with i44 missions. We currently have 47 missions on our i44 server, about HALF of them are respawnvive. I really feel it stops us from fully enjoying this great mod.

I would happy to contribute by offering you my services as an Anglo-French translator

Thanks, check for it with the briefing mission

Objectif

Vous serez parachuté depuis un C47. Rejoindre le point de ralliementet établir le contact avec la résistance locale. Des armes supplémentaires sont disponible au point de ralliement.

1 - Puis investir la zone des Flak, et les réduire.

2 - Rendez-vous sur la mine abandonné et localiser les portes des galeries souterraines, et les dynamiter.

3 - Enfin détruire les canons de 88 mm et contrôler la zone des bunker.

Briefing

La zone de Hazar Got est sous contrôle Allemand, les puissantes batteries AA fortifiées en interdisent tout accés. Les attaques aériennes sont vaines et les pertes nombreuses. Les rapports aériens ont réussi à dresser un plan de localisation des batteries AA, et les informations de la résistance ont permis d'établir que les batteries de 88 étaient alimentées par les tunnels miniers. Une action Commando aéroportée est lancée. le Groupe Alpha de Rangers officie en tant que soutien et appui, les SAS Cdos Britanniques, en Bravo, sont en éclaireur et démolition. Vous opérez de nuit à 04h00. Vous aurez le soutien d'unités de la resistance locale, si les choses se corsent. Seuls les Leader disposent de radio.

and an another one

Briefing

A la tête de vos groupes d'élite Alpha et Bravo, vous affrontez les premiers éléments d'une avancée ennemie sur la passe. Les bloquer à cet endroit permettera à nos forces de se re-deployer. Deux Pak40 sont à votre disposition sur la passe, ainsi que plusieurs redoutes de MG, d'une Flak et d'un NebelWerfer, et de quelques mortiers. L'ennemi a eu le temps de déployer des mortiers qui pourraient vous prendre à partie. Les réduire au silence serait un plus pour la réussite de la mission. Des renforts ( canon d'assaut + Grenadier mécanisée ) de la Waffen SS peuvent être en appelés par radio. En cas d'insertion Anglaise sur la zone du premier objectif, il conviendra de se replier sur la zone de repli, et la sécuriser.

Objectif

Interdire la Zanjabal Pass en minant le passage en deux points ( ceci déclenchera l'avance ennemi ), et en y bloquant l'accés à la colonne blindée Britannique.

Aider vous des Pak40 et du Panther en embuscade.

Neutraliser l'infanterie Britannique d'accompagnement.

Protéger le Panther.

Interdire l'accés de la colonne Anglaise à leurs zones d'objectifs.

Information

Armement par défaut.

Caisse de munitions sur base de départ

Pas de profil LEA

Module Forward Observer : Deux FO peuvent commander les tirs de deux mortiers posés sur la carte au départ.

If you want to translate, i will make an english version

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

I took 2 missions on the CIA forum

armored recon and Valkyrie

We are going to test them, and feedback them to the author.

@zeufman: voici les textes:

Objectives

You will be parachuted in from a C-47 military transport aircraft. March to the rally point to establish contact with local resistance fighters. Here you should also find additional arms and munitions.

1 - Recon the flak battery and neutralise the threat

2 - Go to the abandoned mine, find the doors to the underground tunnels and demolish them using explosives.

3 - Neutralise the Flak 88 guns and secure the bunker area

Briefing

The Hazar Got area is under the control of the Wehrmacht. The presence of powerful AA batteries render an air attack too risky. Previous attempts proved unsuccessful and casualties were high. Aerial reconnaissance have drawn up a detail plan of the AA batteries. Intelligence from local resistance indicates that the AA batteries are powered by a generator hidden in nearby mining tunnels. High Command have therefore ordered an airborne raid by a group of commandos. Alpha, a squad of American Rangers, will command operations. Bravo, an SAS patrol, will scout ahead and provide demolitions expertise. Operations will begin at 04:00 local time. Should the situation deteriorate, you can call upon the support of the local resistance. Only squad leaders are equipped with a radio.

Just one thing that wasn't too clear, what's the difference between the 1st and 3rd objectives? Is the first battery lighter AA? e.g. Flak 18? And the 3rd objective heavier Flak gun, e.g. Flak 36 or 37?

ho thanks

Yes, the first objective is to destroy 4 Flak 20 mm, and the third is for Flak 88 mm.

Yeah that's fine, i m gonna made an english version now ( but in separate pbo, cannot use multiple language briefing usefull )

I must translate all the in game message, but i will survive ... ;-)

I would appreciate some more informations about the ammunition, used in the Panzer or AT Pak 40.

What are the caracteristic of each one, and what for use them ( what are the Frag and/or AP ) :

- Tigre 88 Kwk

88mm Pzgr. -> standard armour piercing (AP) round

88mm Gr. 39 HI -> HI is the original HEI (High Explosive Incendiary). Used for soft targets and infantry positions

88 mm Sprgr L/4.5 this is HEAT High Explosive Anti Tank - not as effective for defeating armour as AP, but becomes more effective at long ranges >2000m

- Panther 75 KwK

75 mm Sprgr. 42

(just one, i suppose this is AT or armor piercing )

- Pak 40 75 mm

75 mm Gr. 38 HI/C

75 mm Gr. 38 HI/B ( difference between B or C. What's mean HI, High Explosive ? ) -> difference between B and C is C was developed later in the war and has slightly better AP ability.

75 mm Pzgr.39

Generally, the Panzergrenate ammunition is use for Armor Piercing.

But i'm just a bit lost with game abreviation.

additionally, when you see APC it means Armour Piercing Composite which is the earliest version of a sabot dart, in which they used a hard core with a soft outer core so the round wouldn't split on impact.

Thanks for information, and sorry if already explain, but i haven't found anything with research fonction.

just ask, because i'm a total nerd when it comes to historical WW2 stuff. Just add +1 to my geekness

EDIT:

Just curious I44 Team. do the different ammunition types have different damage modifiers based on armour type and distance with the new penetration module? I tried testing a 88mm HI round and a 88mm PZGR 39 round against a sherman and the both took 2 shots to destroy the tank.

Edited by magnus28

Thanks for these information.

PS : me too, i've noticed some difficulty by testing the Armor Piercing capabilities on Sherman, with different ammo. Just hit on the boogies, on the rear, one shot is needed. On the front, need two, or three for explose, but generally the crew is stunned with the first.

Is the angle penetration is calculated by the hit damage ?

Hey everyone, now the forums here are back online for everyone we should be releasing 2.61 a bit later today with a number of tweaks and fixes to some of the larger issues that popped up after the main release, keep your eyes peeled for that, we'll post a new reply as well as modify the initial post so it should be nice and easy to find. Now onto questions!

have you changed the radius of the c-47's engine sound in the latest version?

Honestly its been so long since that change of sound was made, I really can't be too sure, again as its a plane it'll be overhauled at some point for "2.7" so its not something we were too worried about at this point.

i want to see the md5 sums of the zipz added to your site in the download section..

I'm not sure how to do this myself, is there a problem with your download that you're trying to locate, or is it just an OCD need to be sure? ;)

By the way, finally a no-respawn coop mission! We have been searching for i44, no respawn missions since the mod release.

There's a number of no respawn missions available with the mod, those that use norrin revive can also be set to no revives for those that prefer no respawn, however missions were generally made with public servers in mind and a lack of revive generally means no one will play them on a public server. Norrin and respawn settings can both be easily modified out of missions if your group want to play any mission a particular way. Unfortunately we can't please everyone and even with 44 missions I'm still getting told there aren't enough included with the mod (yet often make no effort to make any themselves).

As mentioned above, its to enable public servers to actually function, non-respawn mission with no JIP are a bit problematic for a game with so much emphasis on multiplayer ;)

I've read that we have to wait for the classlist so I will try to configurate my DAC_Config_Camps.sqf alone

DAC really doesn't require a full class list, all the unit names you'll need can be gathered by yourself by placing those units in a mission and examining the .sqm file for the names. You can also unpack existing I44 missions that use DAC, there are setups for German, American, and British spawns, as well as custom sound setups for each.

It totally bewilders me too. I find it very hard to find no respawnvive missions lately, and there's especially a problem with i44 missions. We currently have 47 missions on our i44 server, about HALF of them are respawnvive. I really feel it stops us from fully enjoying this great mod.

Again if you take time yourselves, you can easily modify any of those missions to be have no respawn or revive, we simply do not have time to redevelop every mission to suit every type of gameplay possible, therefore we provided a vast range of different types of missions, as well as the ability to customise the settings for those that do use norrins revive. At some point we will be removing norrin in place of our own system more heavily focused on the wounding module features, and avoiding the extra scripts needed for norrin.

Just curious I44 Team. do the different ammunition types have different damage modifiers based on armour type and distance with the new penetration module? I tried testing a 88mm HI round and a 88mm PZGR 39 round against a sherman and the both took 2 shots to destroy the tank.
PS : me too, i've noticed some difficulty by testing the Armor Piercing capabilities on Sherman, with different ammo. Just hit on the boogies, on the rear, one shot is needed. On the front, need two, or three for explose, but generally the crew is stunned with the first.

Is the angle penetration is calculated by the hit damage ?

You'll have to ask Macolik and Homer about exactly what the Armor module does in regards to angle/direction. But in terms of testing, the Sherman isn't exactly an ideal vehicle to choose as pretty much all the german tanks will eat it alive in a couple shots, thats probably why the Brits named it after the lighters "Ronson", which "Lights up the first time, every time!" ;) Also bare in mind this is the first run at the module, it will be developed further over time and there's a lot to take into account that ArmA2 simply does not handle at all in its own damage system.

Again if you take time yourselves, you can easily modify any of those missions to be have no respawn or revive, we simply do not have time to redevelop every mission to suit every type of gameplay possible

Thanks for the response Pac! Respawn missions are designed around the fact that players will die and live to keep the fight going. This means much more enemies, and a level of difficulty that render the mission unplayable if played without respawn. There are exceptions of course, but that's the general rule.

In any case, my criticism was directed towards the community and its trends (for example, the fact that no respawn mission means no public play). It was no way directed at the mod or the missions created for it, these merely reflect the habbits of the community the mod and the missions were designed for.

We love your mod! Keep up the good work! :yay:

The armor module is pretty basic at the moment. It takes into consideration the angle from which you're attacking the target (there are 6 "sides" at 60 degree intervals), not so much what portion of the tank you actually hit... i.e. shooting a tank from its 1 o'clock and hitting it on the side will do the same % damage as hitting it on the front, however one would hurt the tracks more and one would hurt the hull more. In the future I'd like to set things up more in-depth (i.e. define falloff distances for shells, set up more accurate hitpoints so that a track hit will disable tracks and not damage your whole tank, etc...) but it'll be a slow process, there's a lot on my plate and it takes a lot of testing to develop stuff like that. If this ticket were resolved, I'd be able to implement actual rounds bouncing off of armor based on their actual impact angle and other fun features... but currently all I have is the handleDamage eventhandler which is pretty basic. :(

Also, to add to Homer Johnston, the damage done by shells is different for the different types. The PzGr or AP rounds will only do kinetic damage, which decreases proportional to muzzle velocity squared in the ArmA2 engine. The APHE rounds are a combination of explosive and kinetic, and SprGr or HE rounds are all explosive (do the same damage regardless of range). Also, AP rounds are likely to be ineffective against troops in the open, while HE will chew them up. APHE can be used, but they are only slightly better than AP (APHE in WWII often only had a small charge), and HEAT rounds are in between APHE and full HE for use against troops in the open.

I originally wrote the damage modeling for all the rounds using just BIS's built-in system. Homer's module brings a whole new level to the armor fight, and I can't wait to see how he continues to improve it! Like many of you, I dream of the day that penetration and spalling are properly simulated ingame. :)

Thanks for the answer.

It is just any question we have about it, and how it works ;-)

That's an amazing improve to the gameplay.