SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Thanks for a great release I44 team. Over at Shack Tactical we've been enjoying the pre-built missions that came with the mod. I managed to whip together a video of one of our playthroughs.

I really like the look of that.

Which mission was that?

When and where do you play? I and a few from my clan might be interested in joining you

What mods other than @CBA and @I44 do you require? e.g. ACRE? JTD? ASR AI?

What mods do you allow? e.g. JSRS? WarFX?

Gnat;2116312']EDIT

........... children will never learn

I for one do not want to see this thread degenerate or be closed because of this irrelevant crap.

watch what you say mate! I didn't appreciate your sarcasm in the hotshot thread, and i've about had my fill of it here.

reminds me of the days playing on the games.on.net server, fine bunch of gentlemen there - not so much.

On topic:

I've noticed several weapons in game that have different names, but otherwise no different (mp43 - stg 44, I realized they are just different designations. also FG42 i and FG 42 ii). Were these originally slated to get upgrades, or just copied and renamed?

I found out how to play the sp mission landing. All you have to do it unpack it than go into the editor and remove two of the modules and thats it you can play it.

Can't someone release a quick hotfix for this? I think this mod could of done with a bit more fine tuning before release but its been brilliant so far overall.

I didn't appreciate your sarcasm in the hotshot thread, and i've about had my fill of it here.

So ..... you think its OK to continue to talk about THAT subject DESPITE what the thread owner have said?

I was going to mention something about the Swastikas, but i'm not trying to stir up a debate! I wanted to merely point out that there should be more in the game ( purely for historical accuracy - the ss often had swastika armbands and i'm a stickler for detail and immersion). but not sure if they only war the armbands in garrison? Still would be nice to see a couple more on a few vehicles.

Im sure it has been mentioned why there isn't many at all, i really think we don't need this topic to head in that direction at all.

Not getting into any political debate on here, what I said was in context of the game, and as applied to the mod.

All decisions regarding any forms of insignia are currently final, and not up for debate or discussion. Hopefully this will peacefully close any outstanding questions or concerns.

SinglePlayer the only issue I've found so far is that when trying to run the fifth mission, "Landing" (D-Day), I get an error message saying "Only 144 groups per side are supported". Please fixed 5 mission "Landing" (D-Day). :(

Edited by Hellheavytanks

can you PLEASE fix the damn c-47s from detecting combat! by using a gunner position in the c47s causes them to fly around in circles when ever a flak gun fires at them, i just want them to fly straight! and yes ive tried all the different scripts and all, none of them works. thanks

I've noticed several weapons in game that have different names,

In most cases its to allow for variations to be slipped into the mod as and when they were produced, most of it was setup a while back so a lot are placeholders, or just parent classes to do with the configs. There's lot of these, most are just placeholder names with either temporary or no models.

inglePlayer the only issue I've found so far is that when trying to run the fifth mission, "Landing" (D-Day), I get an error message saying "Only 144 groups per side are supported". Please fixed 5 mission "Landing" (D-Day).

Again reporting issues in the forum here really does not help us, consult our Dev-Heaven site, if your issue is not listed then add it, if it is, feel free to vote it up. The mission itself is fixed going through final tests. I doubt I'll release it seperately though and most likely wait for 2.61 hot fix and include it with the release of that along with other mission fixes.

can you PLEASE fix the damn c-47s from detecting combat! by using a gunner position in the c47s causes them to fly around in circles when ever a flak gun fires at them, i just want them to fly straight! and yes ive tried all the different scripts and all, none of them works. thanks

Add the following to the unit's initialisation:

this allowfleeing 0;

That should stop C47's circling, its what I used on Aloft.

Not getting into any political debate on here, what I said was in context of the game, and as applied to the mod.

my understand is that the symbols were left out as such symbols aren't allowed in games in Germany, as such symbols are illegal in Germany, as you can understand why.

my understand is that the symbols were left out as such symbols aren't allowed in games in Germany, as such symbols are illegal in Germany, as you can understand why.

No further discussion please.

Is the classlist on the i44 dev-heaven wiki up to date with v2.6? It still says v2.5.

Cheers for a superb mod.

In the interim there's a unit classlist spreadsheet that Jedra compiled & kindly shared - the link is only a page or so back, but here's the post link anyway:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131613-Invasion-1944-v2-6-(CO)&p=2113322&viewfull=1#post2113322

Germans are firing some german balloons even if these are setCaptive true

Just downloaded the mod and Im simply stunned. Love the new units, the level of detail and the modules.

Right now Im creating some SP missions. And I recognized some issues:

1. The wounding system doesn't work for me. I placed a group of UK Airborne with me as the commander in the editor along with the wounding module. So I shot one of my teammates and tried to use the medipack on him but nothing happens. That wounding window says that he's not wounded at all, even tough the soldier is near death. I dont have the BIS first aid modules activated. The only mods activated are I44(+CBA), Pdagorsk island, octo no blur, gdt plants.

Unfortunately the wounding system will not be developed for AI units, only player-units. Currently in 2.6, there is no way to heal AI soldiers - I'm planning to put it in, but it will be a fairly basic system; the dialog will just say "<AI's name> is wounded" and allow you to heal, but give no further info. As well, if the wounding system isn't enabled and you are a medic, there will be a simple addaction to heal wounded soldiers. Sadly we had to break some of the normal gameplay mechanics to make these features.

Thanks for your answers Pac and Canukausiuka. I'm really enjoying your mod and thank you very much for your latest release. I've spent the last week in the mission editor working on missions for my coop group featuring your nice modification.

The mortars probably no longer work w/ the BIS module because we tried to implement the new OA method. It is simpler, but less realistic, and unfortunately, it breaks compatibility with the BIS Arty module. The fire missions are much easier to calculate, though (all shells follow a pure parabolic arc, as they have no drag).

Does this mean the I44 artillery/mortar units cannot be used with scripted commands from the Arma2 artillery module at all? I frequently use the artillery module in SP and coop missions, so it is very important for me and hard to understand why it does not work anymore. Is there any workaround for mission designers?

Regarding the Arma2OA based vs new I44 custom setup method for crew served weapons: with my limited config knowledge I assumed making a weapon compatible with the OA setup method was only a matter of one or two parameters in the config file of the weapon. Apparently this is not the case, is it?

Another question regarding the camo patterns of the German Fallschirmjäger: why do they have another camo pattern now? It looks very winterish and does not fit well on non-winter islands. Are the previous camo patterns still available anywhere by any chance?

Is it allowed to re-use the various fortification compositions you have in your I44 missions in other missions by the way?

I downloaded v2.6 yesterday and i can say only, great work. :) Good and many missions for play. Cool looking units and vehicles.

Ps: I hope someone will make a campaign in the future too :) (this is the only thing missing).

Homer: That would be very nice.

Even though you says it will be simple, it is much better then no option at all :)

Great news :)

Still loving your work, thank you.

Anyone got a good working para script? The one im using with "moveincargo", the stupid squads try and get back into the airborne planes after the squads have bailed out and are on the ground! Very frustraiting when using High Command!

Does this mean the I44 artillery/mortar units cannot be used with scripted commands from the Arma2 artillery module at all?

No this means all the old arma2 methods of artillery probably won't work and only OA methods will at a guess, having never had much time to explore either I can't say what that means, as we're busy working on the mod we don't get much time to experiment with the millions of scripting possibilities available in ArmA. All that was done is removed the old un-usable mortar system, and replaced with the OA one which can actually be aimed by a real person which given our MP focus was the main aspect we focused on.

Regarding the Arma2OA based vs new I44 custom setup method for crew served weapons: with my limited config knowledge I assumed making a weapon compatible with the OA setup method was only a matter of one or two parameters in the config file of the weapon. Apparently this is not the case, is it?

OA's backpack created weapon system is very limited in what it can do but reasonably easy to setup. However as there were many other things we wanted to do with CSW weapons (and more still to come) a custom system was necessary, to allow things like reloading, moving, or turning weapons (as 1944 weapons have limited turning circles on the tripods etc).

Another question regarding the camo patterns of the German Fallschirmjäger: why do they have another camo pattern now? It looks very winterish and does not fit well on non-winter islands. Are the previous camo patterns still available anywhere by any chance?

The original camo in the words of our historical advisor Rebus, was "Fantasy". It never existed and was based off the Heer camo patterns. The new one is based on the actual camo used at the time in Normandy. The original is not available due to its inaccuracy (I had originally intended to keep both but as it was wrong there seemed little point).

Is it allowed to re-use the various fortification compositions you have in your I44 missions in other missions by the way?

All users are free to unpack any missions and make use of the content, but its always good to credit the original authors if possible ;)

Anyone got a good working para script?

Aloft uses a reasonably standard para drop script, the only time I've really seen it fail is when users manually eject from a vehicle (as the script can tell a player in the parachute to eject).

Quick question.

Ive noticed on 2 seperate occasions that the bots spend more time looking in binoculars than actually fighting the enemy. I tried doing the [this removeWeapon "Binocular";] command but with no luck as this did not remove the binocular. Is there a name list out yet with some of all the objectnames ?

Cheers.

Jonas

They shouldn't be doing it anymore than any other AI (we've not changed anything to make them do it), unless you're talking about certain AI on certain missions which are scripted to use binoculars (there's a couple of those on D-Day). The reson you haven't been able to remove the binos is because we have our own 1944 sets depending on what unit will depend on what set they carry, off hand the americans use:

I44_Binocular_M3

Though I have a feeling germans still use the standard set, not something I've tracked for a while.

Wow really great mod guys. Thanks for all your hard work and time. This is really nicely put together.

quick question.

Is it possible to use the maps (merderet, omah etc.) without running the entire mod? And have the classnames of all the units been released yet?

Thanks.