SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

So if i sell Swastikas, it is forbidden, but when i give them away for free it is allowed? Check your facts, man.

What? Where does the Invasion 44 mod gives aways "Swastikas"? If you dont know what you are talking about SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I have been a model airplane enthusiast for nearly 15 years, I know the german law concerning "historical correct markings" IN AND OUT. And I can tell you that having swastikas on model planes and plane models in free games or free mods for games are NOT A PROBLEM.

So stop spreading panic and stupid rumors.

This will be the last time I ask, please can we stop the discussion of the symbols legality, this is not the place to do it, feel free to make your own topic somewhere else and toss arguments back and forth, but this is not the thread for it, please don't make us lock the topic from further discussion.

I just want him to shut up. For a german its as like someone would turn up "HELLO IM FROM ANDALUSIA AND ANDALUSIAN LAW REQUIRES ALL PLANES MUST HAVE PINK BUNNYS ON THEM OR WE WILL GET IN JAIL FOR 10 YEARS SO REMOVE PLS?????!!!!".

I won't reply anymore Krant, as the team stated their wish to not discuss this anymore.

Ontopic: found a quite funny bug on one of the winter trenches on one of the included MP maps:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9750971/ArmA/arma2oa%202012-03-03%2021-06-29-37.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9750971/ArmA/arma2oa%202012-03-03%2021-06-31-86.png

Also, it doesn't seem i cannot ignite myself with a flamethrower, dunno if that is intentional.

Another thing: add an explosion effect, when you shoot an Engineer's oiltank, setting everyone on fire in a radius of maybe 10-15 meters. German MG-gunners aimed specifically for the oiltanks on the advancing american engineers on D-day. Right now there are not much downsides to carrying a M2 flamethrower in CQC.

Another thing: add an explosion effect, when you shoot an Engineer's oiltank, setting everyone on fire in a radius of maybe 10-15 meters. German MG-gunners aimed specifically for the oiltanks on the advancing american engineers on D-day. Right now there are not much downsides to carrying a M2 flamethrower in CQC.

We did look into this, the possibility of the gas tank actually igniting from a bullet hit was very very (VERY) low, and then only with certain types of munitions, so as cool as it looks in Saving Private Ryan, its much more of a hollywood effect than something that happened. The downside of carrying a flamethrower is you are limited to ONLY close quarter combat, adding more would make the weapon damn near useless.

We did look into this, the possibility of the gas tank actually igniting from a bullet hit was very very (VERY) low, and then only with certain types of munitions, so as cool as it looks in Saving Private Ryan, its much more of a hollywood effect than something that happened. The downside of carrying a flamethrower is you are limited to ONLY close quarter combat, adding more would make the weapon damn near useless.

Hi Pac, could the same jiggery pokery that has been used for the flame thrower be used to create a Churchill Crocodile? Would be nifty, although I don't know whether it would have any practical use in-game.

Hi Pac, could the same jiggery pokery that has been used for the flame thrower be used to create a Churchill Crocodile? Would be nifty, although I don't know whether it would have any practical use in-game.

To some extent yes, but flamer throwing tanks had a much greater range (if you watch footage they do literally throw jets of flame) so the visual effect and firing modes etc would most likely need to be altered to work with a tank, plus realistically those tanks mostly had towed fuel tanks seperate from the vehicle so I doubt we'd implement them without having those made, and due to their limited use in missions probably not very high on our very busy modeller schedules.

What? Where does the Invasion 44 mod gives aways "Swastikas"? If you dont know what you are talking about SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I have been a model airplane enthusiast for nearly 15 years, I know the german law concerning "historical correct markings" IN AND OUT. And I can tell you that having swastikas on model planes and plane models in free games or free mods for games are NOT A PROBLEM.

So stop spreading panic and stupid rumors.

I just want him to shut up. For a german its as like someone would turn up "HELLO IM FROM ANDALUSIA AND ANDALUSIAN LAW REQUIRES ALL PLANES MUST HAVE PINK BUNNYS ON THEM OR WE WILL GET IN JAIL FOR 10 YEARS SO REMOVE PLS?????!!!!".

Krant

Being mistaken, or misinterpreting the facts, is allowed on this forum. Abusing and mocking other users in all caps is not.

+2 infractions for abusive behaviour.

You have actually broken at least two rules here. I am issuing an administrative action for only one. Next time I see this behaviour from you, I will not restrain myself. You have two points now, the maximum active infractions you can have and still be apart of the forum is 4. Think about this carefully.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided.

Hi,

I notice that two rifles (springfield and M1 I think) come with a grenade launcher variant. I have also seen that there is a missile with a 'converter' which is probably for these rifles. I couldn't work out how to use the two together! I have looked in the manual and searched the thread but can't see anything that can help. I am probably doing something incredibly stupid, so could someone be gentle and point me in the right direction as to how to use the grenade launcher on these weapons?

By the way I was playing Domination (converted by Titi) with I44 yesteday on my server (you can get it here) - it was a lot of fun. This is a really, really great mod!

I want to ask a question, how can I order the AI medic to heal somebody? I played a sp mission, one of my men was slightly injured and showed red in his icon. But I couldn't let the medic heal him. Even I switched me to the medic, I still couldn't heal him. Because I taped the "Tab" key on him but saw no injured on his body.

And one more thing, if capslock key is for using bayonet, witch key do you use for VON?

Hi the I44 Team!

(sorry for my english!)

I'm member off a french Team, The F.S.F (Force Spéciale Francaise) and i enjoy our work! AWESOME

GJ and i have two questions?

I am interrested to introduce your work for the other members off my Team and i want to play some MP missions with them.

Do you have a (small) introduction off your 33 MP missions somewhere? If it possible, can i take it for translation and publication on my Teams Forum?

Once again, Thanks to all I44 Team

Best regard,

F.S.F Iceman

there is something wrong with the german voices

if you command your driver to steer left, the voice says "neun uhr" (nine o'clock) instead of "links" (left)

Well 9 o´clock is the same direction as left, so I would say it is ok :)

Me mates and I just love the MOD, we useally go to play some BAF missions to warm up, and then go in to INV44 and spend serverel houres and drink to much whisky.

But damn, it is fun :D

@Higgings

i know this but it makes no sense, because if commanding to steer right the voice says "rechts" and not "drei uhr"

I wish Mr. Krant a well earned holiday to never expire.

Please ignore him and continue discussing this excellent mod :)

The new 2.6 is simply great, myself and friends love some of the new stuff in the 2.6 and will be enjoying playing it for well a long time. Great work to all devs over at I44

Currently, the answer is "no". Would it help out if the windows-key dialog (which currently brings up all the hand signals as buttons) had an extra button to unbind/rebind the numpad keys? It'd have to be done at the start of each mission, but I think we could provide it quite easily for our first patch. We're hoping to make something a little more elegant in the future but this might get you by.

option for changing/disabling hand signals on numpad in a future patch would be great!

since ofp, all my numpad keys have functions, changing them would be a pain. :butbut:

I have been playing with this mod and the mp missions. Very well done and very fun. Actually, have some friends coming back to ARMA2 just to play this mod. I do have a question about the visual effects module, I read the readme about MP compatability and was wondering if anyone has an example of scripting it into the init, so it will work for all players and on respawn. I would like to be able to have it snow for all clients and continue after respawn. I know this sounds minor, but it makes a huge visual/immersion difference.

Thanks to the I44 team for this superb mod.

Nomadd

Thanks for a great release I44 team. Over at Shack Tactical we've been enjoying the pre-built missions that came with the mod. I managed to whip together a video of one of our playthroughs.

Thanks to everyone still enjoying the mod, we really hope you all stick with it for a while to come! With out post-release break winding down we're looking into organising the first hotfix to address as many of the issues turning up on Dev Heaven as possible, so please do keep reporting issues you find over there, but PLEASE remember to keep them detailed, generalised issues like "one of the tanks has model issues" is of little use, please desribe your problems in detail and if possible with images so we can retrace them, we do not have the time to go through every unit to find the one that caused a problem. Oh and a special thanks to the moderators for keeping the forum tidy, great work guys!

how to use the grenade launcher on these weapons?

There are currently three grenade launcher capable rifles (M1 Garand+M7, m1903a3 Springfield+M1, K98k+GGrGer) each has several different types of rounds available (HE, AT, Smoke I believe, though I forget the names right now), currently you need to be carrying the GL type of rifle, a standard one can't be used (though we are looking at making it work similar to the bayonet as an attachment).

I want to ask a question, how can I order the AI medic to heal somebody?

I'll reference an answer to this Homer gave on our public forums:

"In order to create the new wounding system, it was necessary to disable and replace the default "medic" feature. Thinking about it, I probably forgot to add in a means to heal your teammates.

You may be able to force the AI to heal by standing beside them, selecting them with the command interface, and looking in their action menu (I believe it's menu item '6') ... if you're not their commander you won't be able to heal them, currently. I'll see if we can fix this over the next couple weeks."

Do you have a (small) introduction off your 33 MP missions somewhere? If it possible, can i take it for translation and publication on my Teams Forum?

We don't really have too much info on the missions themselves, there ended up being too many to really provide a guide to them, but each does have its own description if you start a local server and click through the missions you'll get a little bit of an overview on each, there's also a small segment on our About Us page.

there is something wrong with the german voices...

That's very possible, with over 300 lines of recorded dialogue, missing or mis-referencing a file is very easy to do when you don't speak the language. If you can report any mistakes like these on dev-heaven we'll be happy to tweak them over subsequent patches, so go report any you find here!

all my numpad keys have functions, changing them would be a pain.

Yeah sorry about this, the only thing I've ever used my numpad for was looking around but dropped that in favour of the hand signals and have since started using freelook (which I actually prefer). We're very limited by what controls and key bindings are available to us hopefully we'll have a workaround for you all reasonably soon.

I would like to be able to have it snow for all clients and continue after respawn.

Unpack patrol or nuts, both contain a trigger activated script around the start area that should be pretty easy to find which activates a slightly modified NIM snow script that works (most of the time), it does produce a slight script error but beyond the message it doesn't seem to have much effect, if you search the mission editing forums for snow or similar you can probably find the same thread it originates from.

Is the classlist on the i44 dev-heaven wiki up to date with v2.6? It still says v2.5.

Cheers for a superb mod.

No its not been updated, when it is available we'll post it and link on page 1.

hey guys, can't say enough about the mod..

Fox,

have you played it yet??

My wife already HATES the mention of I44!

A few points from me if you don't mind :-)

I was going to mention something about the Swastikas, but i'm not trying to stir up a debate! I wanted to merely point out that there should be more in the game ( purely for historical accuracy - the ss often had swastika armbands and i'm a stickler for detail and immersion). but not sure if they only war the armbands in garrison? Still would be nice to see a couple more on a few vehicles.

Flame throwers! Glad these have been fixed in 2.6.. but I noticed there range is only about 10m? Very, very close range, is it possible to increase range a little bit? I was running around mp and couldn't hit anyone even guys rounding houses.

and to the guy who posted about the ai gunners not engaging/engaging wrong munition type: You can switch from mg to main cannon with ctrl+f, and order them to fire main cannon with ctrl +left mouse click. But ai gunners in other gunnery positions i.e radio operator loader (when turned out) commader (when applicable) will not fire their mgs at anything! I have come to terms with this, and have accepted that this is a bug on arma 2 side, and also happens with BTRS and T-xxx's

Cheers!

@magnus28

this mod contains military units and the waffen-ss wore no swastika armbands

EDIT

........... children will never learn

I for one do not want to see this thread degenerate or be closed because of this irrelevant crap.

Edited by [APS]Gnat