Sign in to follow this  
max power

Addon Developer Workshop

Awesome work. I take it that there is no interior yet?

120MM shotguns are fun :D

BXESHnV0RKs

Personally, I prefer the General Dynamics entry, from an aesthetics stand point. Good work though. Any chance of making a "realistic" render? Also, what's the poly count on it so far?

i'v made also that these days but didnt come so well :(

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu285/salam20/arma2/gtv2.jpg

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu285/salam20/arma2/gtv3.jpg

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu285/salam20/arma2/jltv4.jpg

The front end looks pretty good, actually. :)

Keep at it.

Something I've been working on as a side project, far from done but would like some feedback;

Basicly it's a food and drink system. The faster you move, the faster it drains your status. You can use a camelbak to keep your water level stable. Eat and drink is also possible.

Anyone knows what a realistic time would be for you to need to drink again? It will be tailered towards desert type maps mainly. Also, I'm wondering what the best way would be to display your food and water level, I really do not wish to use the hint box I have right now.

That's actually quite a cool concept. I'm sure some out there would consider it a bit weird, but I think it's quite interesting. My wondering is could it be possible to do a ACE or DayZ-like interface to take a needed drink from the camelback to replenish your water-intake? Like maybe r-click on it or have a pop up menu using a user-interaction key? As far as water level--you can make a shape of the camel back and either have the whole thing in varying colors (Green is full all the way to Red for empty) as a whole, or have it "step down" depending on how virtually full it is. HOW it would be accomplish, I'm not sure. I'm just giving a tiny bit of input on the visual aspect if you want to do-away with the hint box.

Something I've been working on as a side project, far from done but would like some feedback;

Basicly it's a food and drink system. The faster you move, the faster it drains your status. You can use a camelbak to keep your water level stable. Eat and drink is also possible.

Anyone knows what a realistic time would be for you to need to drink again? It will be tailered towards desert type maps mainly. Also, I'm wondering what the best way would be to display your food and water level, I really do not wish to use the hint box I have right now.

All I say: Finally, the banana has a reason!!!!!!

It's nice to see the thread getting some use, but please remember to post with an objective :)

That's actually quite a cool concept. I'm sure some out there would consider it a bit weird, but I think it's quite interesting. My wondering is could it be possible to do a ACE or DayZ-like interface to take a needed drink from the camelback to replenish your water-intake? Like maybe r-click on it or have a pop up menu using a user-interaction key? As far as water level--you can make a shape of the camel back and either have the whole thing in varying colors (Green is full all the way to Red for empty) as a whole, or have it "step down" depending on how virtually full it is. HOW it would be accomplish, I'm not sure. I'm just giving a tiny bit of input on the visual aspect if you want to do-away with the hint box.

Well currently I've it so that you drink automaticaly from the camelbak. If you wish to drink something else, you have to use an interaction menu (left windows key, scrolldown > user menu). Also allows you to fill up your camelbak through that (if you have a waterbottle).

Any idea how to get that interface, anyone? I tried dialog but that did not do it (also disappears when you open something else).

I'm happy to see that an all-around hunger & thirst system is being released. I'm pretty sure that the Conspiracies series has already attempted this, but as far as I know, that system was "tied" to said mod, whereas this one happily looks to be universal.

I would not set the thirst rate to an particular climate, and the reason for that is that it then becomes too restrictive. I'm sure that if you set it up so that the player needs to quench his thirst every 30 min. of real time, or suffer the consequences, would be fine.

Instead of using a HUD-based indicator graphic or text, why not simply have the system gradually begin to desaturate the colors on the screen so that they gradually appear more gray? When one's badly dehydrated, you could have the player's avatar emit a gasping sound. The more dehydrated one becomes, the slower one becomes, and the more that one shakes.

The effects of hunger should be well spread out - perhaps becoming noticeable after 3 hours of not eating. Indicators would be a shakiness in one's ability to aim, and the edges of the screen would start pulsing with blurred vision, which would gradually worsen till nutrient's enter the bloodstream (this would take about 40 min.' time after eating).

Found a spare moment this week and decided to start someting new.

A7 Corsair II, (e or d, not sure yet) would like to know what is thought of the air intake. I've been fussing over it for a bit and need a second pair of eyes.

a7roughin3.jpg

a7roughin2.jpg

Looks pretty solid already. The lower half of the intake lip seems to sit a wee bit too high on the z/up axis though, making the intake lip look a bit squished.

I made another model.

I know there´s already a M249 in the game, its just for practice.

I made the lowpoly too, but im not sure if its right and im to stupid to unwrap it. :D

Which is the average tricount arma weapons have?

Highpoly:

dk7ilkfs.jpg

And the lowpoly so far:

ea3n9uhd.jpg

Found a spare moment this week and decided to start someting new.

A7 Corsair II, (e or d, not sure yet) would like to know what is thought of the air intake. I've been fussing over it for a bit and need a second pair of eyes.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/564/a7roughin3.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2928/a7roughin2.jpg

It looks good. I think you could accentuate the differences of the curves between the canopy and the fuselage a bit. It seems like there's three distinct 'lobes' on the side of the aircraft you want to hit: the intake, the fuselage, and the canopy.

Which is the average tricount arma weapons have?

Highpoly:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120902/temp/dk7ilkfs.jpg

And the lowpoly so far:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/120902/temp/ea3n9uhd.jpg

I think the average is 12k polies. Looking good so far as well.

Has anyone got the arty computer working correctly? Ages ago it worked for me when I made a howitzer but now for a mortar it doesn't (overshoots the target) yet I did the same thing as last time.

Has anyone got the arty computer working correctly? Ages ago it worked for me when I made a howitzer but now for a mortar it doesn't (overshoots the target) yet I did the same thing as last time.

CDF mod got theirs working correctly :)

CDF mod got theirs working correctly :)

Cheers, btw PM me about some model I'm meant to send to you :D I keep forgetting

Anyway I'd thought I'd share something with everyone I've been working

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2012-09-0921-15-37-78.jpg

Because sometimes..you need to blow the f**K outta the enemy :D

I don't want to start a new topic for this so I'll post here...

I designed some fictional digital camos for the Ardistan Army or any other Army in the Armaverse. If anybody's interested just let me know.

Desert camo:

ardistandesertcamobig2.th.jpg

Woodland camo:

ardistanwoodlandcamobig.th.jpg

Mountain camo:

ardistanmountaincamobig.th.jpg

sflcs4bis.jpg

Going to turn these into some updated Rangers (maybe..)

- Models by Johannes

It looks good. If the vest is a separate mesh it might pose some weighting challenges but from what I can see the texture looks nice. I see the tshirt is mirrored horizontally down the centerline. It's creating a little collidescope pattern, and usually shirt wrinkles happen in places of either extension or compression like in the arm pits.

It looks good. If the vest is a separate mesh it might pose some weighting challenges but from what I can see the texture looks nice. I see the tshirt is mirrored horizontally down the centerline. It's creating a little collidescope pattern, and usually shirt wrinkles happen in places of either extension or compression like in the arm pits.

The vest is modeled on (luckily), so hopefully weighing won't be too terrible with these. Regarding the shirt, I've been meaning to change around the wrinkles. Also need to add stitching and small details.

CG texturing on animated parts like that is always a bit of a dilemma. You can texture the shirt as if it was arms up, or down, or somewhere in between. Arma models are usually arms down but it looks really weird if you see a soldier with his arms up with all these wrinkles in his armpits. I guess that's why they call it art.