Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87662 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Thanks BIS for the patch for the APC turn-out bug :yay:

I found a bug with the US and Takistani mortars, when there is an AI gunner in the mortar and you enter the back seat, the gunner becomes invisible.

Here is the Ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27424

[87654] Improved: A behaviour of the leader player is now assumed to be the most restrictive behaviour of his subordinates

Can someone explain what this is all about?

Great performance increase on PR servers, no crashes or desyc at all.

Looking forward to post NYE steam release etc

I'm just getting very few microstutters in missions generally. It's not causing too much agony presently, but I'm aware of it. As I'm running a 4Ghz machine with an SSD I'm not sure to the exact cause.

The point is, there is nothing wrong with A.I. As long as you treat them like a real threat all goes well. It's usually the lack of caution and the underestimation that lets A.I. look like killer bots.

Exactly, some people just don't like a challenge (and are too lazy to alter difficulty settings).

The new AI is a hugely impressive achievement IMO and forms the cornerstone of the ARMA experience.

Anyone else experiencing that tank gunner and commander (I observed a T-72) no longer turn in when engaged with enemy infantry?

Tried to replicate it but no go... it must been a fluke.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Thanks BIS for the patch for the APC turn-out bug :yay:

I found a bug with the US and Takistani mortars, when there is an AI gunner in the mortar and you enter the back seat, the gunner becomes invisible.

Here is the Ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27424

Updated ticket with video:

1QfUnQA47Xo

I noticed that AI refuses or is ultra slow to heal anyone when using the advanced first aid system, at least when the team is in light enemy contact (searching for cover and shooting time to time at slowly appearing enemies). In my hectic custom mission, there was no change to get healed before bleeding to dead (tested that 3 times, crawling next to the team in open space and waiting for around 5mins). The assigned healers didnt show any reaction and sometimes they said "I cannot do" (or something similar) after some minutes.

I dont know when this got worse since I havent used the advanced first aid system for sometime. Earlier it worked fast and great.

Have anyone else spotted this?

Btw. Great to hear that AI is getting more challenging with high skill levels.

Edited by SaOk

AI is measuring the threat now and until it's neutralized or feel unsafe it might take precautions before trying heal ... it's not perfect i'm sure

it might be buggy, that's another question (for CIT ticket with repro mission :) )

That's a right thing to do instead of blindly rushing to heal a teammate and die - something even some human players have a hard time realizing in MP.

Downed soldier is ultimately useless while the medic still can contribute. So 1 dead soldier is better than 2 dead soldiers. That's harsh realism for ya.

Beta has issues with the new Battleye update (v1.147). Battleye doesn't recognize it as a legitimate game version (it returns an "Unknown Game Version" error and boots the player out of an MP game)

Beta has issues with the new Battleye update (v1.147). Battleye doesn't recognize it as a legitimate game version (it returns an "Unknown Game Version" error and boots the player out of an MP game)

I can confirm this, kicked while using beta patch after BE updated.

Ai doesn't reload his gun himself.

Mission repro : http://www.mediafire.com/?icdwc03d54pg87y

When the AI is out of ammo, order to get support at crate, the AI takes some ammos but doesn't reload (no animation) and doesn't fire until you order to reload his gun.(F2 6-1).

1.60.87662 no mod.

Edited by EricFr

@Dwarden and metalcraze, yeah I agree thats realistic, but there wasnt that much action going - one of the many idle team-members could have easily healed me. With current timer to die, there is no change to get healed before dying. I think good balance would be force one of the team members to run for injured man after 1-2min and also increase the bleeding time. Even with unlimited bleeding time (player wouldnt die at all), it wouldnt look fun to wait 10-30min for a medic with the red oscilateing screen. ;)

At the end the AI team-members also tend to get injured more easily without player.

I believe the issue can be seen quickly in any mission (with much enemies and action even far away from player). I was testing my campaign´s first mission.

Edited by SaOk

But whats the point of AI running in when all that will happen is he will get shot?.

It wont help at all in the current situation as he will get shot and wont be healing you any way.

At the end of the day if the AI cant get to you before you die then tough tbh thats war.

Men in real war wont just run out in flying bullets to try and heal another man off course they will try there best to get him but they wont just run out when they KNOW they will get shot it would help no one.

Yeah, but AI wont come to heal you even when there is no much shooting going. You can crawl next to them and see them standing next to you doing nothing for multiple minutes. "Should we do something for him? He is bleeding badly", "No, we are in forced combat mode for another 4 minutes. Lets ingore him and go to stand over there. Maybe he stops yelling for help soon"

Same here.

@Dwarden and metalcraze, yeah I agree thats realistic, but there wasnt that much action going - one of the many idle team-members could have easily healed me.

It doesn't matter how much action is going on. Shots may not be fired at all, doesn't mean the medic won't get shot the moment he touches you by an AI that's watching you. AI doesn't have cheats which thell them there are no enemies anymore or enemies are not a threat at this time.

Now it isn't ideal as AI has a harsh (but still wise) limitation on when to heal you - however you can speed it up by crawling behind some building or whatever where enemies won't see you and thus shots won't fly there - which in turn will make an AI healer more eager to help you.

Also BIS already cut corners there since AI doesn't finish off wounded unless they shoot back, however humans always keep firing at a downed soldier until he's dead so you are lucky.

With current timer to die, there is no change to get healed before dying.

Actually AI very rarely leaves me to die. They do heal me after some time in 95% of cases - but as I've said - if there's still a firefight crawl out of the open field because your saviour will most likely be shot which he doesn't want. However it may happen that they won't heal me. Annoying as it may be - it's closer to reality and makes perfect sense from a logical standpoint.

It's just another element of the game.

I think good balance would be force one of the team members to run for injured man after 1-2min and also increase the bleeding time.

What if enemies are still there firing at them after 1-2 mins? Voila you have your squad wiped because they kept rushing after you one by one.

It's more complicated than that.

The bleeding time is already several minutes.

First Aid module with bleeding isn't there to give you unlimited free-rides when you get shot so you can soak 50 bullets and keep going - it's there to give you a chance not to die from one shot.

Edited by metalcraze

another thing to consider if you get shot and dieing and the medic cant get to you maybe you split up from your formation to much that put you in a position to far from your team.

I mean if ya gonna run off well ahead or to the left or right where your team aint covering you and cant get to you then your not gonna get healed.

But at the same time if there aint much shooting and there is a medic at your feet and refuses to help then yes I assume a bug but I dont see that much.

That's the only thing that needs to be fine tuned. The medic at your feet and no fire fight meaning he isn't going to get shot most likely.

However as stk2008 points out - if you ran off too far from the team you should forget about being healed and hit the Retry button right away. It is perfectly the player's fault here.

Well I crawled behind a building with those team-members standing next to me, without success. Remember that I am not against any realism additions, just that advanced first aid system seems to work quite poorly now (in the night mission I was playing). Else, I also prefer to have a challenging game. ;)

Edit: In this my case, team-members were always only some 5-30m away.

I dunno man, I get patched up quick enough nearly all the time in those conditions... Well unless something was broken in one of the recent betas.

Same here (using hotfix).

already fixed, was BE problem