Update and it should not happen anymore...
In 1.14 rc2?

Xeno, what about czech translation? How's it going?

I should have looked before answering yesterday. Use this setVariable ["LHD", true] in the logic init field. In the next release you can also change the height by simply using this setVariable ["heightASL",123].

Xeno

I tried that but it sets it just a meter or so under the deck. Thanks for letting me know about that new set variable though!

Xeno replied that medical supplies are used up from the fallen person you are trying to treat but we tested this last night and it doesn't seem to be the case. We had the person trying to heal with no medical equipment and the injured player full of all types of medical supplies. No options available at all. The ruck of the injured person was accessed and medical supplies taken. The player then had options to use various equipment.Further it seems that the injured person's ruck was not working properly after this. Any items that were unpacked just disappeared. And no items could be packed either.We were testing with the previous version available on Six Updater not the one released yesterday or the day before.

Has anyone actually tested the knockdown feature? As posted several times before, It isn't working.. for quite a long time now, wasn't working in r565, isn't till now.

@Xeno It looks like that wind is really too strong, I posted ticked on dev-heaven but i got rejected because I posted comment about It looked like It was cause by mission, but in next missions It was strong again. We've got latest version of ACE on server and the problem is still here. Strong of wind is usually red or violet, and It doesn't change during the mission (about 2 hours). Mission makers didn't change anything.

Edited by kllrt

Xeno, what about czech translation? How's it going?

It's in now (luckily my little tool to update all xml files in one go found some XML errors in our stringtable files :p)

Xeno replied that medical supplies are used up from the fallen person you are trying to treat but we tested this last night and it doesn't seem to be the case. We had the person trying to heal with no medical equipment and the injured player full of all types of medical supplies. No options available at all. The ruck of the injured person was accessed and medical supplies taken. The player then had options to use various equipment.Further it seems that the injured person's ruck was not working properly after this. Any items that were unpacked just disappeared. And no items could be packed either

Check again after the next release (items from remote backpacks should be used then too). Order is backpack then magazines.

Has anyone actually tested the knockdown feature? As posted several times before, It isn't working.. for quite a long time now, wasn't working in r565, isn't till now.

It does not work anymore if you try to knock down a unit which is on your side, probably you experience that (too many, err, not so nice persons on public servers).

@Xeno It looks like that wind is really too strong, I posted ticked on dev-heaven but i got rejected because I posted comment about It looked like It was cause by mission, but in next missions It was strong again. We've got latest version of ACE on server and the problem is still here. Strong of wind is usually red or violet, and It doesn't change during the mission (about 2 hours). Mission makers didn't change anything.

Can't say anything about the wind currently, haven't tested it for a while.

At least I have found out what was causing the profile namespace problem for me, means ACE options were reverted to default.

When I started a local dedicated server on my machine without specifying a profiles folder with -profiles=... the armaoaserver exe saved an empty vars profile file when it exited and overwrote my normal vars file.

Normally you would expect that the file is only saved when one actually executes the saveProfileNamespace scripting command, that seems not to be the case.

The game and the server always saves it when either the game or the server closes.

Xeno

What was your overcast settings?

Right now wind is tied strongly to overcast (on the server, if your local overcast settings are not the same for whatever reason it can be odd). I might switch it around a bit and make it more random...

Wind is more constant now as well. Probably could make there be more variations to speed, I wanted to do gusts, but sadly the entire wind system in the engine reacts slowly to changes imposed upon it from scripts.

Thanks for all the info lately Xeno and keep up the good work.

It's in now (luckily my little tool to update all xml files in one go found some XML errors in our stringtable files :p)

Check again after the next release (items from remote backpacks should be used then too). Order is backpack then magazines.

It does not work anymore if you try to knock down a unit which is on your side, probably you experience that (too many, err, not so nice persons on public servers).

Can't say anything about the wind currently, haven't tested it for a while.

At least I have found out what was causing the profile namespace problem for me, means ACE options were reverted to default.

When I started a local dedicated server on my machine without specifying a profiles folder with -profiles=... the armaoaserver exe saved an empty vars profile file when it exited and overwrote my normal vars file.

Normally you would expect that the file is only saved when one actually executes the saveProfileNamespace scripting command, that seems not to be the case.

The game and the server always saves it when either the game or the server closes.

Xeno

Hahaha, I was just looking forward to punching my annoying teammates in the face, anyway.

I'll test it with an OPFOR unit.

edit: works, :)

Edited by PhonicStudios

Ok..is there some way we can enable it again for friendly side (at least for specific missions)?

Edited by GiorgyGR

@Nou I didn't change overcast at all, so It's on default. I'm going to ask mission makers, if they changed it. (I've noticed that happens only after 575 update.)

By the way, I've noticed wind in editor is strong, too. (Maybe not too much as on our server, but only maybe :D) It's not really good, because I'm using Blastcore and smoke especially from smoke grenades can be hundred metres long so I can't see anything and also It isn't easy to hit something on 500+ metres.

Edited by kllrt

i updated ace, today, on my end and on the server, now i can't start the server anymore? i think i saw a message with ace_c_weapons .. in rpt..i take a look ..i just started the server without ace, acex,navy,ru , now it starts up

I'm trying to filtre a Magic Box i'm using so that it only displays weapons and ammo associated with a particular faction - in this case Russian or RU.

I'm feeling like a noob having searched the http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Guides site and have not found the switch.

As well, I'm quite certain that I saw this once before but for the life a me can't find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sickboy can you help me please?? I can host a game on my pc, when i start arma with ACE everything seems fine. I uploaded exactly the same files on the server, but i can't start it..

rpt says this

ErrorMessage: Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found.

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

The AI grass view block feature actually works really well from my testing of it.

Good job!

The AI grass view block feature actually works really well from my testing of it.

Good job!

I don't notice any difference from vanilla. What did you set up to get results, bearing in mind the occasionally excessive grass viewblock that BI implemented?

Did a variety of scenarios on Chernarus where I'd be crawling through the grass and checked when the AI detected me (a simple script that gives a hint when they do).

May have been a series of flukes, but from what I saw the enemies detected me in ridiculous places without the module enabled.

Again, could be flukes, but this is what I've seen in testing.

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

ACE is progressing amazingly.

The features & optimisation as of recent have been great.

However, the only issue I still see is the mortar dispersion.

They land on top of eachother, and this kind of ruins the support role in missions which is very important. This is my ONE gripe with the mod.

Does anyone else having issues firing the Javelin? I got the CLU and I got the missile, i load them.. but it stays on orange, not allowing me to fire.. sometimes (rarely) it goes green after tons of reloading

The MSO mission crashed with the following error:

ErrorMessage: Warning: preNLOD format in object x\ace\addons\sys_craters\rocko_bombcrater.p3d

this poped up while server crashed

The MSO mission crashed with the following error:

ErrorMessage: Warning: preNLOD format in object x\ace\addons\sys_craters\rocko_bombcrater.p3d

this poped up while server crashed

That's not an ACE issue. If you continue to run your server you'll no doubt get preNLOD at sporadic times on various different p3d's. I've experienced them on everything from BIS original content to 3rd party addons, and so far can only imagine it's either bad RAM, a bad HDD sector, or a weird combination of MSO and various mods causing unreplicatable crashes. If you have any more info, please post in the MSO thread (mission editing forum).

Does anyone else having issues firing the Javelin? I got the CLU and I got the missile, i load them.. but it stays on orange, not allowing me to fire.. sometimes (rarely) it goes green after tons of reloading
Did you switch to Thermal? I think it's required.

Did you switch to Thermal? I think it's required.

also you need to zoom in (numpad+ key) too.

Edited by DukeNukeM.