Ok, thanks guys with all your help. There was a bit of a confusion with the two bubbles and also I wasn't being patient enough with the arrow keys perhaps. Because I was firing at the very low end of the Charge 1 table I really had to adjust the elevation bubble with the arrow keys. Because it wasn't moving whatsoever with a lot of arrow key presses I thought it wasn't doing anything. It wasn't until I used shift arrow and hit it enough times that it actually moved enough to center the bubble.

After doing that and ignoring the optical bubble it seems to be working properly.

I wonder if it also has to do with the mortar initially being setup on a NOT entirely flat surface. Although maybe that has nothing to do with it and it was just a matter of having to really adjust the elevation enough with patience.

Is it just me or is the ACE documentation site broken in almost all places where you can drill down for information. Mostly all I get when I drill down into various topics/features/FAQs is the following:

No results? NoMethodError: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass

{"type":"_self", "sort":"name"}

Seems to me all the real content of the site is buggered. This seems to have been going on for about a week now but before that I was refering to this for all sorts of stuff.

Hehe, pure classic seeing an error related to Nil from the guys who founded the "never override nil value church" :D

I am surprised nobody has fixed this or noticed it yet. To me the biggest stumbling block for new players is ACE documentation so some effort should be put towards that in general and this specific problem. I understand that devs don't usually like to document but remember that all your hard work coding something might just go unused because nobody can figure out how to use it and then just doesn't bother with it or remains completely frustrated with it and gives up.

It is already on the TODO list for some days yet nobody had time to fix it yet...

Xeno

It is already on the TODO list for some days yet nobody had time to fix it yet...

Xeno

ah, cool Xeno. I thought I originally posted that message a few days ago but now that i look at it again it was only yesterday. I must be in some time warp. Played Arma too late last night LOL.

What is up with the Ace documentation the features overview/how-to sections are no longer working. Are the newer features being added. I always check this guide when I can not recall how to do something. Any word on when this will be back up?

Should of read more just noticed the others speaking about it. The sooner it's back up the better!

Is anyone else having shooting problems? At times when I shoot the rounds land a few feet in front of me and I cannot hit anything. This happened after I updated ACE.

Edited by Meatball0311

Are you sure that you are using newest version? This should be fixed in 575.

haven't played for a long time. Did you redo the whole wounding/medic system? It looks completely different..I'm a bit confused and have to get along with it

could it also be possible that you slowed down vehicles off the road in takistan? suv and humm seem to be slow like a turtle, thats really annoying cause they're offroad vehicles..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Sickboy replied about debug console:

Why don't you just use the console that's baked into ACE?

Does anybody know how to use ACE debug console he's talking about?

Added 2012.11.12. I know!

ACE Debug Console can be turned on:

• in SP mission editor: Preview - Esc - Debug Console (since ACE Build 576);
  • per mission with my script ace_debug_console.sqf (for example player addAction ["dbc", "ace_debug_console.sqf"]);
  • with my addon ace_debug_console.pbo, in SP: Esc - Debug Console (main menu); in MP: Esc - ACE Debug Console (to the right of "About").

Edited by Dystopian1
solution found

Hmm... were there some changes with ACE AI or does something bug them now? With latest ACE + beta AI re-act like in early days of A2 - very slooooow and using the Laserdesignators at too many times. Btw why the earplugs aren't issued on default to all soldiers/units? ACE defense ministry simulating budget cuts of the real military?? ;)

So, can I ask again about what's up with the CBU burst altitude thing, if it's actually working and how it's supposed to be used? Right now the CBUs burst at the same altitude, no matter what height you set.

And will the CCRP sight perhaps become available to GBUs, like in real life?

How outdated armaholic.com ace2 version is from what i can download with six updater? Is it outdated at all?

The Armaholic mirror is very outdated but it is the latest stable version!

The ACE mod team does not release any new stable versions anymore and so to stay up to date you must use PlaywithSix/Six Updater.

Thanks Foxhound, though we're probably releasing v1.14 stable in coming weeks.

I hope that this doesn´t mean that ACE 2 developement will be stoped...

Hello I have been having problems with flashbangs and was wondering if it was fixed. See flashbangs work great on outdoor ai but indoors, they don't seem to get flashed at all and will shoot onsight and not enter "dumb mode". Indoors, if the player stares at a flashbang, he will not get stunned either according to my experience so I was just wondering if this is being fixed. I posted this as a bug at dev heaven but now Rocko seems to have set it's status from new to expired and seems to have cancelled target version to 1.14 so I am just wondering if this means that the flashbangs will not be fixed. I will link to the bug down here

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/40737

Ah thanks for that info, I wasn't aware of that.

Standing by ...... :)

I've been wondering, the knockdown feature, is it removed? Its still here in the keys section, but pressing the key does no action, neither the interaction menu has something with knockdown.

Hello I have been having problems with flashbangs and was wondering if it was fixed. See flashbangs work great on outdoor ai but indoors, they don't seem to get flashed at all and will shoot onsight and not enter "dumb mode". Indoors, if the player stares at a flashbang, he will not get stunned either according to my experience so I was just wondering if this is being fixed. I posted this as a bug at dev heaven but now Rocko seems to have set it's status from new to expired and seems to have cancelled target version to 1.14 so I am just wondering if this means that the flashbangs will not be fixed. I will link to the bug down here

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/40737

It seems to me if you read the comments (although somewhat not clear) is that it is working as intended. That is, your flashbang can be blocked by objects in the building and therefore the AI are not subjected to it. So you probably have to do more testing and see if the flashbangs are landing properly etc etc. You'll even notice this with smoke and grenades don't land very well in buildings a lot of the times.

well I notice now that buildings with more than one level the flashbang seems to just fall off but the one level cabin I was testing on the flash bang still seems to fall at the right position and nothing is in the way and still the guy shoots me down like there was nothing wrong. I have even managed to somehow roll the flashbang on 2nd floors and different types of buildings and still nothing. It would be nice for the feature to be fixed.

Has anyone experienced any issues with ACE wounding and the latest A2OA beta? I was playing last night as medic and the ace wound menu was appearing very slowly. Each medical item would appear one by one at about half second intervals. My ACE is up to date with six updater.