Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

After installin the update, i have got an error report saying :

Addon 'ace_main' requires addon 'CBA_Extended_EventHandlers'.

Update CBA to the latest version and delete Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo from all modfolders except @CBA.

I installed the 1.12 Ace mod, changed the keys setting with the ACE settings setup.Then after I removed ace from my game launcher, I cannot change my difficulty settings, some settings are in red and locked. I have removed the userconfig file, still doesnt work. But when I run the ace mod with the userconfig files, I can change the difficulty settings, I have search all threads and could not find the answer.

was just wanting to know if there's anyway to see the exact number of rounds left in a magazine? The roundcount function only seems to give you color hints, but no exact round count in numbers. Can I disable this feature so that I can play with the default arma2 magazine count in the hud?

was just wanting to know if there's anyway to see the exact number of rounds left in a magazine? The roundcount function only seems to give you color hints, but no exact round count in numbers. Can I disable this feature so that I can play with the default arma2 magazine count in the hud?

This is intentional, you wouldn´t start to take out all rounds from your current mag during a fight just to see how many are left.

Check the magazines weight and if its to light simply reload.

Pretty much what Tonic said. If you're worried about getting a bunch of mags with low round counts, you can consolidate your ammo with the self interaction key, by select magazines, and choose the magazine group you want to rearrange, and then wait till it's done.

@Steakslim - hey thanks for that info, had no idea I could do that (as far as ace is concerned im a total noob)

@Tonci - yes i realize it was intentional but if possible in any way id like to disable that feature so I can play with Ace but still get the old hud info where magazine and round counts are visible. Is this a possibility at all?

Thanks again

I have question about placing satchels...I just installed ace 1.12 and when i place a satchel I cant blow it up...I used the app button that ace says to use on computer and I can place the satchel but I cant detonate it what am I doing wrong

u need to toggle safety off the satchel on the scroll menu, then scroll again to touch off the bomb.

hi,

1. Can someone pls tell me how to disable the AT disposable feature. While I totally agree with it and like it, I mainly play SP and many missions built without ACE in mind do not support it and as such I am not able to deal with armor and only 1 rocket on me. I understand the concept behind so do not need to be told off, just please let me know how to disable when necessary, if I may ask.

2. Robalo mentioned earlier in this thread that he is responsible for some ai improvements, so does it mean that we do not need robalos mod anymore or they nicely cooperate here?

Thx in advance for the answers.

Edited by spangg

hi,

1. Can someone pls tell me how to disable the AT disposable feature. While I totally agree with it and like it, I mainly play SP and many missions built without ACE in mind do not support it and as such I am not able to deal with armor and only 1 rocket on me. I understand the concept behind so do not need to be told off, just please let me know how to disable when necessary, if I may ask.

I don't understand how that could be a problem for you. If you take more than one M136 or RPG18 rocket, you can't carry any bullets!

Just get a SMAW, or pack multiple launchers in whatever vehicle you used to lug around extra rockets in the vanilla game.

SP Missionmakers that provide people with a single M136 and tons of extra ammo are doing it wrong, like they want you to be spending all your time in the inventory screen.

You could always look at the names of the .pbos and move some of them into other folders to deactivate them.

2. Robalo mentioned earlier in this thread that he is responsible for some ai improvements, so does it mean that we do not need robalos mod anymore or they nicely cooperate here?

They cooperated.

thx sickboy.

I don't understand how that could be a problem for you. If you take more than one M136 or RPG18 rocket, you can't carry any bullets!

Just get a SMAW, or pack multiple launchers in whatever vehicle you used to lug around extra rockets in the vanilla game.

SP Missionmakers that provide people with a single M136 and tons of extra ammo are doing it wrong, like they want you to be spending all your time in the inventory screen.

You could always look at the names of the .pbos and move some of them into other folders to deactivate them.

I play a misiion where I should kill 2 tanks with a launcher and some extra ammo in a car let's say. I am no designer, just wanna play this mission. If I remove the pbo I get an error it is dependant on one of the weapon config pbo. Any workaround?

I play a misiion where I should kill 2 tanks with a launcher and some extra ammo in a car let's say. I am no designer, just wanna play this mission. If I remove the pbo I get an error it is dependant on one of the weapon config pbo. Any workaround?

If the mission requires you to kill 2 tanks with one AT-4, it's fubar. There are reloadable launchers in game like MAAWS or SMAW that the mission designer could've used. You can't disable the disposable launcher system, fix the mission instead or scrap it.

sorry to ask like that but where is the beautiful boat SEALS, and MK48 and MK46 when with ACOG and EOTECH?:D:confused:

Got tracked down by Sickboy and here it goes in the right thread as a question :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like it to have an option to as an operative; activate an portable system where I can access cameras of certain places on the map. Lets call it; access via laptop to a satelite.

What I was first thinking of what to mount Aces HuntIR cameras around where I wanted the player to be able to "surveillance" so to say and via the portable HuntIR access the diffrent cameras. But that was a little to much over where I could do hehe :)

So point me to the right direction here :)

1 player only could use this system.

Access to diffrent cameras.

Cameras should be mounted in air/film from top view, would be nice with a thermal state.

Hi masters of ACE,

Is ACE supporting nukes and nuclear explosions (apart from EASA)?

The function ACE_fnc_NuclearGroundBurst is not supported more.... =(

Hi ACE team.

I've been playing ACE for quite a while now, and I am madly in love with it, and cannot wait to see what the future holds, however I am having a slight problem.

As more and more of my friends join us on ARMA, our training progresses further and further, and right now, we are on to training with mortars to provide NLOS support for our more difficult missions, however, though the 81mm works great, we would like to train with the more portable 60mm, and this is where the problems arise.

I have trolled the internet galore and for the life of me cannot find the answers to my trouble, which is that when I get into the 60mm mortar, or in fact, when anybody does, and turns on the T.E manual aiming system, I cannot seem to get the azimuth and elevation text to change. Sure the weapon animates and moves around, but it doesn't give us the readings we need to deliver rounds to target.

Is this a known bug? Or am I missing something that actually allows me to do this? I have used all of the CSW features, including the get in feature, as opposed to the one in the action menu, but still can't find out whats wrong.

Is there anybody that could educate me or help me get this working?

Thanks for reading!

Hi masters of ACE,

Is ACE supporting nukes and nuclear explosions?

Nope, since many versions already.

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

Hi ACE team.

I've been playing ACE for quite a while now, and I am madly in love with it, and cannot wait to see what the future holds, however I am having a slight problem.

As more and more of my friends join us on ARMA, our training progresses further and further, and right now, we are on to training with mortars to provide NLOS support for our more difficult missions, however, though the 81mm works great, we would like to train with the more portable 60mm, and this is where the problems arise.

I have trolled the internet galore and for the life of me cannot find the answers to my trouble, which is that when I get into the 60mm mortar, or in fact, when anybody does, and turns on the T.E manual aiming system, I cannot seem to get the azimuth and elevation text to change. Sure the weapon animates and moves around, but it doesn't give us the readings we need to deliver rounds to target.

Is this a known bug? Or am I missing something that actually allows me to do this? I have used all of the CSW features, including the get in feature, as opposed to the one in the action menu, but still can't find out whats wrong.

Is there anybody that could educate me or help me get this working?

Thanks for reading!

Sounds like a bug.

Please create a ticket with repro mission and rpt file etc http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Edited by Sickboy

Another BattleCenter question:

After people joined the server and the mission was started, is it possible to rearrange groups, so we could all be in one group despite we initially joined different fire teams?

Most of the time it happens that ppl hop on and off and this could be useful to solve the issues arising.

Thank you,

Helli

Another BattleCenter question:

After people joined the server and the mission was started, is it possible to rearrange groups, so we could all be in one group despite we initially joined different fire teams?

Most of the time it happens that ppl hop on and off and this could be useful to solve the issues arising.

Thank you,

Helli

People can reconnect to another slot, and teleport to their teamleader.

Otherwise you can try enabling the Group change menu;

if (isServer) then { waitUntil {!isNil "ace_sys_menu"}; ace_sys_menu setVariable ["config_group", true, true] };

So I recently downloaded 1.12 since the last version I played was a fairly early one on OA (probably the first stable on OA actually).

I have to say that it has changed a lot (for the better) and I actually enjoyed it.

I love all the content in ACE_X/ACEX_RU and I love the Rocket Ballistics/Weapon resting system.

Props ACE team.