Sign in to follow this  
VampyricTyrant

Grenades - Gameplay

I looked everywhere and found nothing.

Will the way of throwing grenades change? Stopping and performing a slow-mo animation is not nice. I would personally want just a classic fps style, throwing grenades while moving and give force with the speed of your body/or holding down the mouse button so that you would be able to achieve banana style curves, finally the amount of time that you want to hold the grenade to your hand with the grenade armed must be limitless, so you can throw when you want. Any who has played a classic FPS Like CS would understand (or thrown rocks to his friends :PP).

Let's really really really hope so. It needs balance. The thrower needs to have some idea where it's going, if you look at AA2/3 they use a supporting arm to visualise where it's going to go. +1.

How bout like VBS2 where there's a projected trajectory shown to the player?

Hax. Lacks some kind of player skill. But meh, up to BIS. =) I'd thumbs up for any improvement.

Well, in real life you can have a feel for what the trajectory will be. You don't have that in a video game (Especially now when the longer you hold the mouse button the farther it goes.)

Gotta love throwing a nade and see the enemy coming around a corner and like it was in slow motion you see your arm slowly moving forward and the nade flying... then 10 seconds later you are finally out of the animation.... but dead :o

I looked everywhere and found nothing.

Will the way of throwing grenades change? Stopping and performing a slow-mo animation is not nice. I would personally want just a classic fps style, throwing grenades while moving and give force with the speed of your body/or holding down the mouse button so that you would be able to achieve banana style curves, finally the amount of time that you want to hold the grenade to your hand with the grenade armed must be limitless, so you can throw when you want. Any who has played a classic FPS Like CS would understand (or thrown rocks to his friends :PP).

I have mentioned it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1937578&postcount=24

best way to improve the grenades as well as making them more realistic

make them thier own selectable weapon, much like launchers and sidearms.

when you select a nade, sing/holster weapon and pull out a grenade. switching fire modes changes the throw type, and holding down trigger adds strength to the throw (although it should add a little slower than currently implemented, with on screen throw strength indicators even with cross hairs turned off), and (as others mentioned) the throw only occurs when you release the trigger. when you click the right mouse (iron sites) you raise your other hand giving a general idea of where the grenade will land and its trajectory.

additionally give all thrown weapons approximately the same trajectory. currently the frag grenade is thrown a 45 degree angle to where you aim wile smokes and strobes are thrown at a flat trajectory. this allows frags to be thrown like a friggin pro baseball player wile smokes are a little more realistic in 'average' distance.

also i hope that the grenades are not covered in a thick coat of rubber :p

with the new physx hopefully grenades will preform a little more realistically

id like some sort of system that gives you a rough idea of where the frag is gonna go, like in MGS4 but more transparent so its more discrete

i know stopping and throwing is annoying sometimes but i 99% of the time dont feel i need to throw a nade while moving

the grenade just needs a sepaarte button selector, thats all. and maybe the hability to throw it while walk like in Arma 1. I dont want an arcadish trajectory line, I learned how to trhow it and the necesary force/button hold, to hit the target

Please share different types of grenades in the sub-weapons, and to designate a separate button on the 'G' throw grenades, the ability to throw grenades at jogging, with little interruption

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Maby SHIFT+G change type of grenades!

Yes, grenades need to be separate weapon class so can be selected directly.

This would allow for over/under throw modes.

As button is pressed a power bar moves so we can learn the trajectories at various strengths.

Would be useful for the left arm to come up and indicate the throw point so we can aim for windows etc.

How bout like VBS2 where there's a projected trajectory shown to the player?

Something like this or just some sort of animation circle on the ground showing the intended landing area please for the love of god. I love ArmA to death but good god I've been playing for 3 years now and I STILL can't get my grenades to go where I want them. It is possibly the most unintuitive grenade throwing system of any game I've ever played.

I think a VBS2 style trajectory path, so that we stand a better than zero chance of getting one through a window :)

I think a VBS2 style trajectory path, so that we stand a better than zero chance of getting one through a window :)

no that's bad, VBS has this style for training purposes, it's not a game about skill. I suggest the CoD or Counter-Strike style. This way IF you know how to play and have skill, you can land your nades EXACTLY where you want to.

Well, I'd rather my avatar already knows how to throw, in the same way he already knows how to reload and operate a tank ;)

Maybe if when you're aiming forward they don't spaz throw the grenade up in the air! :D

Well, in real life you can have a feel for what the trajectory will be. You don't have that in a video game (Especially now when the longer you hold the mouse button the farther it goes.)
the new system is superb. all you need to do is count 1000-2000-3000-4000... every "1000" to wait translates in 10 meters throwing distance.

the new system is superb. all you need to do is count 1000-2000-3000-4000... every "1000" to wait translates in 10 meters throwing distance.

I think the strength of throw works but its the aim thats the main problem.

Plus selecting grenades in the first place.

...and being able to choose over or under arm throw.

In the underarm throw mode, leaning could throw the grenade to that side like when throwing into a doorway.

Under/over throw could work just like in GRAW 2, you aim a bit down, it's under, you aim a bit up or middle it's normal. Different on-screen symbol (somewhat crosshair?) would give you idea of what mode is on.

I usually have no problem throwing one in a door, it's the seasickness that comes from the explosion after that I'd like changed.

Or it injuring you through the wall...