Sign in to follow this  
yurapetrov

Seahawk Addon By YuraPetrov

Thank you! :)

One question: Is there a way to put the camera into Thermal View? Would have been nice to show on FLIR how the torpedoes lock on the Subs.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome addon :)

Does FLIR even work underwater? ;) :D

It's a good question though. I know cams can be put into NVG mode, but FLIR?

Does FLIR even work underwater? ;) :D

It's a good question though. I know cams can be put into NVG mode, but FLIR?

Yes, it works very well. Police and Rescue teams use it for finding drowning people etc. and it would work to a certain amount if the submarine is near the surface.

Yes, it works very well. Police and Rescue teams use it for finding drowning people etc. and it would work to a certain amount if the submarine is near the surface.

Actually, FLIR doesn't see through water, at all. It can see something at the surface, but that's it. It also has a hard time seeing something that's been in the water long enough that it cools to the same temperature as the water.

Now the game engine might be able to see through the water (and see a sub and torpedo) which would look neat on screen, but that's not how it works in real life.

Oh quite interesting...

I wonder why they use it here then to locate people in the water.

Because their warm body parts that are above water provide a good contrast to the cold surface of the water, I would guess.

Because their warm body parts that are above water provide a good contrast to the cold surface of the water, I would guess.

Exactly. Also, don't confuse a DAY TV camera for FLIR. For the -60B, it only has a FLIR. Many Police agencies have DAY TV systems, as does the -60R.

Also, scanning for a body in the water with FLIR is like looking at a lake through a soda straw. It can work, but it's better to search with other sensors (eyes, NVGs, etc) and then once a survivor is located, then point the FLIR there to zoom in and look.

Edited by gatordev

The bouncing effect may be fixed if landing on the carrier, I have not tried it, but I cannot get it to spawn without bouncing...

Fixed!

Well the "bounciness" is still there, although it seems to be smaller now.

Thanks for considering my suggestion : D

And also, the battlecats and warlords reskins that you made became all buggy with this new version.

Bouncing still exists, but much more smaller.

battlecats and warlords reskins updated. Added new reskin: grandmasters!

Download 15MB SH-60B Seahawk beta v1.3

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20870727/yup_sh60_beta_v13.rar

BONUS:

UPDATED SH-60B from HSL-43 "Battlecats"

hsl43battlecats.jpg

Required original SH-60B

Download 5MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20870609/yup_sh60b_battlecats_v11.rar

UPDATED SH-60B from HSL-51 "Warlords'

hsl51warlords.jpg

Required original SH-60B

Download 5MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20870604/yup_sh60b_warlords_v11.rar

NEW SH-60B from HSL-46 "Grandmasters'

hsl46grandmasters.jpg

Required original SH-60B

Download 5MB

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20870611/yup_sh60b_grandmasters_v1.rar

Edited by yurapetrov

Just tried them out, i like the new version you added :) And the dampers worked well. Landed on both the Nimitz and the BIS LHD and got no problems with bouncyness : D

All i got was a missing texture error (but i guess it can be fixed with a quick config fix)

sh60\t\sh60b01_damage.rvmat

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Just tried them out, i like the new version you added :) And the dampers worked well. Landed on both the Nimitz and the BIS LHD and got no problems with bouncyness : D

All i got was a missing texture error (but i guess it can be fixed with a quick config fix)

sh60\t\sh60b01_damage.rvmat

Thanks! I forgot to pack damage materials :-(

Allready fixed. Update link in this thread on first page.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20870727/yup_sh60_beta_v13.rar

Thanks yura! Now Gnats/Russian submarines won't be lurking around that close to Utes/Chernarus or any other island.... :)

Hey i want to use the Folded Version. but i want it to unfold if i´m sitting in it. Pls can someone Help me.

Damn, dropping buoyes, hunting boats with the Hellfires and especially ships with those Mk54s is very satisfying :D Thanks again yurapetrov!

yurapetrov, is there any possibility of making a version of your excellent Seahawk available as a troop transport?

yurapetrov, is there any possibility of making a version of your excellent Seahawk available as a troop transport?

I working on SH-60F - it can carry 6 passangers, and HH-60H armed with two miniguns can carry at least 4 or 5 passangers.

Maybe in future i add one or two passangers sitting on floor to each version.

awesome. youre 60B is pretty sweet. glad youre making transport version as well.

any chance you can make pre-folded versions of youre grandmasters, warlords and battlecats skins like you have for your regular 60B?

I offer this only as a data point...

I working on SH-60F - it can carry 6 passangers, and HH-60H armed with two miniguns can carry at least 4 or 5 passangers.

Maybe in future i add one or two passangers sitting on floor to each version.

I'm not certain on the F, but the Bravo can really only carry 2 passengers. Yes, guys can sit on the floor but generally it's not very realistic. The Navy doesn't like guys sitting in aircraft that don't have seats/seatbelts for them unless they're SEALs/Marines, and the Bravo doesn't usually carry those, other than one or two SEALs (again, back to the "2 passengers").

There are odd exceptions, like in Haiti when I had 11 passengers in the back, but it's not a normal thing.

The Hotel would be the one that could the pax hauler. A good model/in game unit of the Hotel would be a great addition to the game.

I just wanted one to deploy NSW units ala Tears of the Sun or like HCS-4, HCS-5, and HSC-84 did/do irl, though 84 flies the HH-60H. Anyway one would be much appreciated yurapetrov, thanks again.

I just wanted one to deploy NSW units ala Tears of the Sun or like HCS-4, HCS-5, and HSC-84 did/do irl, though 84 flies the HH-60H. Anyway one would be much appreciated yurapetrov, thanks again.

Ahh, Tears of the Sun...

The dirty little secret was that Tears of the Sun (the movie) used SH-60Bs as the the helicopter. I know because I was in the squadron when they were shooting the movie.

But you're right, HSC-84/85 do still fly the Hotel and it's pretty much a truck with some Hellfires strapped to the side.

Ahh, Tears of the Sun...

The dirty little secret was that Tears of the Sun (the movie) used SH-60Bs as the the helicopter. I know because I was in the squadron when they were shooting the movie.

But you're right, HSC-84/85 do still fly the Hotel and it's pretty much a truck with some Hellfires strapped to the side.

Oh that's cool. I'm just really looking forward to having a Navalized Blackhawk in-game. The HH-60H will be perfect. I just hate the one BIS used.